• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gun Appreciation Thread

B

ByMySword

^^^^^And the rest are of course an assortment of knives, ammo, gun cleaning equipment, tomahawks, and mag lights. :)

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[/ATTACH]

I considered buying the Bersa at one time but decided on the EAA 380, it is a little bit smaller. The european style mag. catch was the only thing that took getting use too.

B

ByMySword

I considered buying the Bersa at one time but decided on the EAA 380, it is a little bit smaller. The european style mag. catch was the only thing that took getting use too.

Great choice, man!!!!

EAA makes a great firearm!!! And a great website. :devil:

How much did it run you?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Meta and I went on a hunting trip recently. This is our bedside table.

017-5.jpg

Were you hunting people?!

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Great choice, man!!!!

EAA makes a great firearm!!! And a great website. :devil:

How much did it run you?

The gun with the wood handle was 125.00, the black plastic handle gun was 175.00. That was about 10 and 13 years ago and these are still my main CCW guns. The only rounds they can not feed are the silver case CCI ammo, for some reason when they feed those rounds, the bullet gets compressed into the case and you get a very violent discharge.

B

ByMySword

The gun with the wood handle was 125.00, the black plastic handle gun was 175.00. That was about 10 and 13 years ago and these are still my main CCW guns. The only rounds they can not feed are the silver case CCI ammo, for some reason when they feed those rounds, the bullet gets compressed into the case and you get a very violent discharge.

Nice, I'll have to look into it.

I recently just bought a box of Blazer .380 ACP with the aluminum casing which I believe is made by CCI.

I haven't shot it through my Bersa yet, though, so we'll have to see if its good.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
View attachment 2993

A Remington Model 8A, it was this type of gun, not this gun, that was credited with shooting Clyde Barrow. Except Deputy Prentiss Oakley used a model 8A with a twenty round magazine in 35 Remington. The gun I have only has a 5 round magazine and is caliber 30 Remington. A 30 Remington round with a blow back barrel that is a blast to shoot. To me the 30 Remington is a close match to the 30-30.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
After 7 months of waiting, my CHL finally came in yesterday!!!!! :2ar15:

Congrats, I got mine the first year Nevada allowed them. Never had to use it, but it is comforting to know you have the means to protect yourself if needed. It also keeps you more aware of your surroundings which allows you to remove yourself from suspicious situations.

B

ByMySword

Congrats, I got mine the first year Nevada allowed them. Never had to use it, but it is comforting to know you have the means to protect yourself if needed. It also keeps you more aware of your surroundings which allows you to remove yourself from suspicious situations.

Yes, I agree. I was always a cautious person, but after I took the course, I felt even more aware than I already was.

B

ByMySword

Not to mention, they put the fear of God into you here when it comes to concealment and use.

Man, that was a such a great day. :yes:

Spending all day at the course and then going to a party that night.

Guns and alcohol: the perfect mix. ;)

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm jealous. I've been wanting a Springfield forever.

If you live long enough, their is always a chance of inheriting some guns. 50% of my guns I did not have to buy. They are reminders of other people no longer around. Two more inherited guns. Guns with octagon barrels are just unique.
[/ATTACH]

B

ByMySword

If you live long enough, their is always a chance of inheriting some guns. 50% of my guns I did not have to buy. They are reminders of other people no longer around. Two more inherited guns. Guns with octagon barrels are just unique.

Most of my guns have been inherited as well. But no one I know has a Springfield '03.

I hear I MIGHT be inheriting my great grandfathers Winchester Model 12 sometime in the future. :D

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

View attachment 3040[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

A gold brushed Ruger 10/22, bought when gold was considerably cheaper. Number 93 was requested because it was the year my wife and I were married.

B

ByMySword

Ruger 10/22s are a great rifle for plinking around with.

And its so versatile, you can turn it into whatever you need.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
^^ That gun is a non-shooter, along with the Canadian guns. The oldest gun I have, also a non-shooter, I'm not willing to risk any damage to it is this Winchester. You are able to see the difference in craftsmanship from this gun when compared to my newest level action, a Marlin 44 mag. It amazes me that the craftsmanship from over 100 years ago surpasses anything made today.View attachment 3051

View attachment 3052