• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gun Appreciation Thread

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've been thinking about getting either a Winchester 1300 Defender or a Remington Express 870. I'm gonna need something to protect all the gold and silver I'm stockpiling for when the dollar collapses. :D

Do not forget, bullets are their own currency.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
View attachment 2963

Daisy VL 22 Rifle...
Years Produced late1967-1969
Description: It was especially designed rifle which exclusively utilized a unique, caseless ammunition, forming a completely integrated firearm-ammo combination of its own. Jules Van Langenhoven was the Belgian petro-chemist who invented the system. The velocity was 1150 feet per second.

It also has abysmal accuracy, most likely due to its caseless ammo, getting a caseless powder charge consistent in an manufacturing setting is beyond most systems. I believe the BATF halted production of this rifle due to Daisy not having a license to make guns other then air rifles.
Finding ammo is impossible, and when I e-mailed Daisy if the had the recipe for this ammo, they acted like I was a freak'e survivalist, maybe I am.

First attachment I have tried, it may be a bit small.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Caseless??? H&K G11 FTW!!

3 round burst with the third round leaving the barrel before the recoil of the first round is felt. An approximated rate of fire equivalent to 2,000rpm!!

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I did not hear of this gun ever going into production, I could be mistaken.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I did not hear of this gun ever going into production, I could be mistaken.
I don't believe it did. I'm only 95% sure of that.

Militaries are notoriously old fashioned, and have so far stuck with 60s tech in infantry weapons.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I doubt they even really tried it.

Same deal with the Glock. It worked better and totally owned the Beretta and yet they chose the Beretta anyway...

I guess they thought it was better than a smack in the face... I heard one marine disagreed though..... :whistling:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Ahhh.. guns are a work of art! I have gun fever BAD! If I was rich I would get every gun I could get my hands on! ;)

The best shot I took was with my Springfield Model 700 (30-.06) it was nighttime and a coyote was hauling ass down a field about 300yrds my friend hit him with a spotlight and I took the shot off-hand. It dropped him lol. That is truly one of the most accurate guns I own.

I went duck hunting last week and took out a few ducks with my A390ST.

The thing I have been trying to figure out is how to master the art of black powder. I just can't seem to get an accurate shot off! I don't think it's the loads, I have double checked the measurement (I shoot 120 grains)... The scope is sighted in too, I just bought it a couple months ago! Hmmm... does anyone else shoot muzzleloader?

I plan on getting a new handgun come July. :)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
The thing I have been trying to figure out is how to master the art of black powder. I just can't seem to get an accurate shot off! I don't think it's the loads, I have double checked the measurement (I shoot 120 grains)... The scope is sighted in too, I just bought it a couple months ago! Hmmm... does anyone else shoot muzzleloader?
Smoothbore? If so, it'll never be accurate.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
[youtube=YejuZywTKdU]Guns are Fun.[/youtube]
gun, check
kid, check
gun safety properly taught, check
awesomeness, double check

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude, he must have been at least five, how bad can a kid get?!!
I shot empty shotgun cartridges at 25 yards (with iron sights!) when I was five. BB-gun.

B

ByMySword

Ahhh.. guns are a work of art! I have gun fever BAD! If I was rich I would get every gun I could get my hands on! ;)

Agreed

The best shot I took was with my Springfield Model 700 (30-.06) it was nighttime and a coyote was hauling ass down a field about 300yrds my friend hit him with a spotlight and I took the shot off-hand. It dropped him lol. That is truly one of the most accurate guns I own.

Try hunting coyotes with a bow. :D

]The thing I have been trying to figure out is how to master the art of black powder. I just can't seem to get an accurate shot off! I don't think it's the loads, I have double checked the measurement (I shoot 120 grains)... The scope is sighted in too, I just bought it a couple months ago! Hmmm... does anyone else shoot muzzleloader?

Yes, I do. A lot.

First off, if you're muzzleloader hunting with a scope, that is an epic fail. Lose the in-line muzzleloader and get yourself a Hawkin or something. ;)

Second, muzzleloaders are not as accurate no matter what you're shooting.

I hunt with a Tulle de chasse smoothbore musket and its a challenge. But thats half the fun, man. :yes:

Keep burning the powder and you'll get it!!!! :nice:

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
View attachment 2967

My Smith and Wesson 629-4 44 mag, also known as the backpacker special or mountain gun.
It was once one of my concealed guns, between its weight and overkill I removed it from my list. It can also be used as a short range flame thrower when using hot loads.

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I've been thinking about getting either a Winchester 1300 Defender or a Remington Express 870. I'm gonna need something to protect all the gold and silver I'm stockpiling for when the dollar collapses. :D

Winchester. :)

B

ByMySword

Meta and I went on a hunting trip recently. This is our bedside table.

017-5.jpg

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
On the left is a Bersa Thunder .380 and on the right is a Smith and Wesson Military and Police .40