• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gun Appreciation Thread

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Recoilless_gun_155mm_Davy_Crockett3.jpg

Nuff said.

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
The moosemeat I had was sausage with too many spices. I imagine it would be good if it hadn't been feeding on spruce - that can flavor the meat poorly.

My favorite small shops don't even have web sites or I'd share them.

I'm in North Carolina and the gun prices here are crazy, so I usually buy off the internet.

Porcupines taste like a pine tree from eating evergreens too. Terrible stuff!

Musk ox is good, too! :D

I imagine I wouldn't want to eat any of it for a couple of days after cleaning one.

I forgot to say, the next Grand Muster GAF shoot is going to be in Lockhart, Tejas!

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Ebay has some good deals on used shoulder holsters.

I would go with leather-you only live once!

yhst-88556715610555_2078_92154576

Hmm... well I checked ebay and the prices there and actually comparable to retail prices. I don't think I would buy leather because the leather holds moisture and they will snap after aging. Nylon seems to be more reliable.

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
I have 100+ year old holsters that I use, you just have to take care of it:yes:

I watch for the deals on Ebay-then snipe!

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
It's going November 12, 13, & 14, at the Plum Creek Carriage and Shooting Society Range located in Lockhart, Texas.

How far is that from you?

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Man i am envious of all of you having access to gun's and targeting ranges.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOydFpLmhO0&feature=related"]FN five seven[/YOUTUBE]

FSN.jpg

This is one of the more interesting guns in contemporary times. It's described as a High capacity(15-20 bullets depending on edition), low recoil, rapid shooting, armor penetrating gun, intended to be sold for army equipment markets around the world. The bullet it uses is based of P90's(5.7x28), is supposed to be able to penetrate conventional body Armour at high velocities.

I guess it is a response to greater demands of highly impact sidearm's, when opponents these days have access to better equipment an Armour as it's almost exclusively used by military organizations(along with the p90).

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
this is my rifle, there are none like it, and it is mine.

It looks like something from Saw. Like when you grab it, your arms get locked, a puppet says you're a bad boy and you get shot in the head.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I like this:

1855 Colt Percussion Revolving Rifle

itsanice.jpg

It's not too gangsta as the newer guns and rifles out there, but it's a still nice look. I'd own that for the sake of my third amendment.

:)

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
I'd own that for the sake of my third amendment.

The one where the government is forbidden to quarter troops in your home? Um...not the best choice. :)

Also, has some other issues, as black powder revolvers sometimes do.

Ever hear of a "chain fire"? That's when a spark from the firing cylinder ignites another chamber's charge, which ignites another. Bad.

Now, imagine you standing there, holding this rifle as you normally would a rifle. Guess where all those .44 cal round lead balls go.

Yeah, into your support hand.

Very bad.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I like this:

1855 Colt Percussion Revolving Rifle

itsanice.jpg

It's not too gangsta as the newer guns and rifles out there, but it's a still nice look. I'd own that for the sake of my third amendment.

i need to see a revolving shotgun.
i'll stage an old western gunfight with one of those.