User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    By the way, the proportion of crimes committed by people who legally carry is significantly less in almost all regards than the general population.
    False.

You should rather compare crime rate and the raw number of weapons in circulation.
    In Europe, we don't have the problem you have. In the US, the average homicide rate is 5.7 per 100.000 inhabitants per year.

In France, it is 1.64.

In Australia, it is 1.28.

In Germany it is 0.98.

In Japan, it is 0.5.

Guess why.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Ok well I think people have made it pretty clear and respectfully replied to Victors post about their opinion on the opinion yall share. But like Meta said if you dont want to read it you dont have to, the only thing your opinion is going to do here is upset a bunch of people so why dont you take it else where. Maybe you can start an Anti-gun thread and bitch about it there, or hey how about the bitching thread, other wise I cordially ask you to shut the fuck up.

Im also asking for a mod to split these complaints to a separate thread if thats not a problem before it gets out of hand in this one.
    SDMF

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    False.

You should rather compare crime rate and the raw number of weapons in circulation.
    In Europe, we don't have the problem you have. In the US, the average murder rate is 5.7 per 100.000 inhabitants per year.

In France, it is 1.64.

In Australia, it is 1.28.

In Germany it is 0.98.

In Japan, it is 0.5.

Guess why.
    Not false. I was referring to within the United States.

In Europe the culture is significantly different also.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ

Not false. I was referring to within the United States.

Anyways, this thread isn't about whether or not you support guns. Perhaps you should go start that thread.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    Im also asking for a mod to split these complaints to a separate thread if thats not a problem before it gets out of hand in this one.
    Agreed. Very nice idea actually.
    We need moderation here please? =)
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    istp

THEY ARE MADE TO KILL HUMAN BEINGS. And it's not fun, it's for real.
    really?

i thought they were for playing cowboys and indians...

you mean i could actually hurt somebody? whaaaa?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Anyways, this thread isn't about whether or not you support guns. Perhaps you should go start that thread.
    We're here on a forum to discuss psychology (Jungian typology).

So I think you should be fully aware that such a thread may remind some gruesome memories to the people who read it, especially in the "bonfire" section.

(Memories I don't want to be reminded with)

Unless you want to discuss about the psychology of gun users, or traumas involved, who knows?

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ

We're here on a forum here to discuss psychology (Jungian typology).

So I think you should be fully aware that such a thread may remind some gruesome memories to the people who read it, especially in the "bonfire" section.

(Memories I don't want to be reminded with)

Unless you want to discuss about the psychology of gun users, or traumas involved, who knows?
    Then why are you reading it? I'm not going to not talk about my interests because it hurts your feelings. I'm not forcing you to post here.

MBTI
    ISTP

Another thread where I 100% agree with Victor.
    Congratulations, have a cookie.

Gun fetish is an absolute perversion, since whatever you say, these tools were crafted and invented for a single purpose. I pity those who can fantasize with guns (And I fear Freud was deeply correct about those fantasies). When you'll be on the other side of the bullet, maybe you'll understand. When you'll see for real what kind of damage they can do to a human body, maybe you'll begin to think with your heads instead of your balls...
    I disagree, but lets just pretend you're right on this. How is this different from Swords, Knives, or any other weapon ever created? People collect, and use them in hobby form quite often, yet those aren't treated as some unspeakable evil like guns are, by people like you.

Step 1) Have you any idea how long does the smell of exploded brain tissues last on your skin, especially when they belong to one of your closest friends? Have you heard the screams of wounded people with bullets, while they are dying in an hospital?
    Nope. After I get a CCW permit, I can guarantee that there is no chance of me ever having to either.

I'll give you a Desert Eagle, and you'll try to hunt down a few rabbits with it.
    Deal. They're kinda expensive, so I'd be quite happy if you'd give me one. Also, unless rabbits are somehow stealthier than gophers, I can tell you that I can hit them with a handgun.

These weapons are made and designed to track down a single prey: Men. So maybe you're a cannibal?
    THEY ARE MADE TO KILL HUMAN BEINGS. And it's not fun, it's for real.
    I disagree. Yes, shooting other people would quite obviously be real, and not fun. However, there seem to be lots of people here, including myself, who use them for other purposes. (shocking.) Ever done target shooting? I find it quite enjoyable.

One final note. You live in a very different country from mine, with a very different culture. My country happens to have a long history of gun ownership with the right to it enshrined in our constitution. And, just in case you were hoping that would be changing soon, this nice little link shows, we aren't getting any more restrictive with those rights. (That is for Concealed-Carry Weapons permits and the policy by state from 1986-2006).
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%