User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It depends on the context. If someone pulled a gun on me for no good reason, what's to stop them from shooting me for no good reason? I may well try to get out of there if I think I can make it.
    True, but I reckon you'd stand a better chance standing still and perhaps talking your way out of it. As an INTP I'd expect you to use your intellect. rather than trying to move around, that would just further antagonize and panick the attacker would it not?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    The largest type of game I've ever hunted would be wild boars with my bow. I've also hunted them with shotguns. I was unsuccessful.

But other than that, its been more medium sized game. The largest animals I've killed would be whitetail deer, corsican rams, mouflon rams, and javelina.

My dad on the other hand has done it all.

He's killed everything from wild boars off horseback with a bow to black bear and caribou. My goal is to surpass him. When I get enough money that is, lol.
    Wow you've hunted boar that's pretty fucking cool. Must be a buzz to drop something of that size huh.

Did you mean German Lugers?

Ruger is an American company.
    Yep that's what I meant the Old german Lugers they used in the war, my bad. Also what's 'slide bite'? Is it the way the barrel casing slides back after each shot? No that's recoil, or are they two terms for the same function?

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Yep that's what I meant the Old german Lugers they used in the war, my bad. Also what's 'slide bite'? Is it the way the barrel casing slides back after each shot? No that's recoil, or are they two terms for the same function?
    Yeah, I have a Luger in .22 LR. One of my favorites.

Slide bite usually occurs with smaller pistols like the Walther or the FEG. It has a lot to do with the angle the grip is at too.

Its where the slide comes back during blowback and bites the webbing of skin between your thumb and forefinger. Doesn't happen everytime you shoot it, but its been known to happen frequently with the Walther or FEG. It especially happens to guys with larger hands.

The Bersa took that element out of its design.

MBTI
    INTJ

On that note, it's interesting to me how it's possible to shoot with your thumb on the side of the slide and have very little negative effect on accuracy or your hand.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, I have a Luger in .22 LR. One of my favorites.

Slide bite usually occurs with smaller pistols like the Walther or the FEG. It has a lot to do with the angle the grip is at too.

Its where the slide comes back during blowback and bites the webbing of skin between your thumb and forefinger. Doesn't happen everytime you shoot it, but its been known to happen frequently with the Walther or FEG. It especially happens to guys with larger hands.

The Bersa took that element out of its design.
    Ye I can see how that could be a bitch. Had a feeling thats what it meant. Its all in the name. ha. I'm guessing thats why guns like the beretta have a lip on the top back of the handle.

They want to introduce a Bill of Rights here.

Even though our Human Rights are very well protected by Parliament and the Law.

We even have nutters who tell us we have the Right to Bear Arms.

But we have no need to bear arms because we are not afraid of each other - paranoia is not part of our national character.

However we do tailor our propaganda for your ears as you will find in the movie, "Australia".

In the movie the drovers are all packing guns of all sorts, low slung 45s and repeating rifles.

But thank God we don't believe our own propaganda 'cause we all know that drovers were not armed - and indeed who would they be armed against?

However we do expect you to believe the propaganda directed at you and attend the theatre in droves.

We don't need guns, only a drover's dog to drive you into the theatres, thank you very much.

MBTI
    istp

i forgot to include the load size but i took a few pictures for our lovely thread

h&k usp tactical compact with a short clip, chambered in .45ACP of course
    The Gun Appreciation Thread-hkusp-jpg

benelli m1 super 90, standard grip, 12ga
    The Gun Appreciation Thread-benelli-jpg

sako trg-22 in .308, leupold mark4 16x40 in mil-dot
    The Gun Appreciation Thread-sako-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Grayscale; 12-12-2008 at 12:27 PM.

Guns are designed for one purpose only.

And you are gun dealers to the world.

And you are the biggest gun dealer in the world.

Almost all of the world's brutal dictators buy their arms from you in order to brutalise, exploit and oppress their people.

And you respond by treating guns as a fetish.

The gun fetish is a perversion that feeds on the suffering of the most vulnerable people in the world.

The gun fetish is beyond disgusting - it is evil.

But still you grow rich selling arms and enjoying your perverted fetish in the face of the poor and the suffering.

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, that's the great thing about being the hegemon.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Yeah, that's the great thing about being the hegemon.
    I find the gun fetish offensive and evil.

And so does my government. Guns have been banned here and it is one of the most popular decisions made.

Quite rightly, pictures of sexual fetishes are banned here, and so should pictures of the gun fetish.

So I ask the moderators to ban all pictures of the gun fetish.

The gun fetish is deeply offensive and evil and should have no place on Typology Central.