User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 507

  1. #41
    ByMySword
    Guest

    Default

    ^^^Christmas may be coming early for me, then.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Gauche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    333

    Default

    well, my GF took a photo of me last weekend at shooting range


    i told her not to photo me in such embarassing moments, but my GF is a very stubborn woman, darn
    its really heavy caliber to handle, you know..

  3. #43
    Senior Member mlittrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    jack, nice gun choice
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

    "You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

    Mahatma Gandhi

    Enneagram: 9w1

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Sorry if I'm ruling this thread.........eh, no I'm not. I told you I'd participate Rainman.
    Ye this threads gone off. Nice post sword you seem to know a hell of a lot and actually possess a firearm. I'd like to have a real gun but its difficult to get hold of one in the UK without risking arrest. Maybe one day when I move to outback Australia and blast some Kangaroos or sumthin! I used to have a DE BB gun, but the most powerful thing I've ever fired was a 410 Shotgun when I was a young boy. Back in the days where I lived in Wales. Fired a .22 air rifle also and killed a few crows, rabbits etc. Other than that i would love to fire an 'actual' gun. I agree with what you say about the wrong mix of composite with the wrong models and I'm feeling the dueling guns, exquisite craftmanship. Im not so sure about the two tone on your bersa though I prefer one or the other. Just out of curiosity, what's the largest thing you've killed (If you've shot a human being, your not required to disclose such information)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    impractical in weight, calibre, clip size... nice looking but an awful choice as far as a sidearm


    i use a few... benelli M1 super 90, sako trg-22, h&K usp tactical compact
    Yes I chose it purely for aesthetic reasons... However its quite practical if you want to scare somebody haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Desert Eagles are silly range/movie guns.


    Exactly. If someone pulls a DE on you, it's a near guarantee that they won't be able to hit you if you just move around a little. Because they don't know much about firearms.

    I have a Glock 19, and a lot of research and thought went into the decision. It's compact, light, reliable, ergonomic, and easy to use under stress--The time when being able to use a gun is most important.

    I sold my HK USP45 to buy it, which just never felt natural in my hand.
    Not so silly when one is pointed in your face surely!! And I doubt anyone will try to 'move around a little' when faced with this hand cannon. I think the person on the recieving end of the barrel would pause at the sight of the large gaping hole infront of the barrel and consider remaining still...

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    190

    Default Nothing like a good old sawn off.

    Efficient, powerful. Looks great too, I'd keep one under a rain jacket!



    I'm a huge fan of pump actions they make a great sound when cocked and when fired will put a large hole in something, although my sight sound reference is from watching Commando, Terminator etc. What else? The Walther PPK with silencer is pretty nifty, and I'm a fan of the old german Rugers. I used to have a gatgun that looked just like it.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Not so silly when one is pointed in your face surely!! And I doubt anyone will try to 'move around a little' when faced with this hand cannon. I think the person on the recieving end of the barrel would pause at the sight of the large gaping hole infront of the barrel and consider remaining still...
    It depends on the context. If someone pulled a gun on me for no good reason, what's to stop them from shooting me for no good reason? I may well try to get out of there if I think I can make it.

  7. #47
    ByMySword
    Guest

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Im not so sure about the two tone on your bersa though I prefer one or the other.
    They have models that have one or the other, but I liked the two tone because it was a little different.

    Just out of curiosity, what's the largest thing you've killed (If you've shot a human being, your not required to disclose such information)
    The largest type of game I've ever hunted would be wild boars with my bow. I've also hunted them with shotguns. I was unsuccessful.

    But other than that, its been more medium sized game. The largest animals I've killed would be whitetail deer, corsican rams, mouflon rams, and javelina.

    My dad on the other hand has done it all.

    He's killed everything from wild boars off horseback with a bow to black bear and caribou. My goal is to surpass him. When I get enough money that is, lol.

  8. #48
    ByMySword
    Guest

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    The Walther PPK with silencer is pretty nifty, and I'm a fan of the old german Rugers. I used to have a gatgun that looked just like it.
    Did you mean German Lugers?

    Ruger is an American company.

    Anyway, my affinity of Walthers is why I got the Bersa, which is basically an improved Walther clone.

    I want to get a Walther one day as well, but I hear the slide bite can be a bitch.

    When I was looking for a gun to carry concealed, the choice came down to the FEG PA-63 in 9mm Makarov or the Bersa Thunder .380, which was a little more expensive. Both were Walther clones.

    I went with the Bersa because it was made better, it was newer, and because the Bersa had improved on some of the Walther's drawbacks where the FEG had not.

    Still planning on getting an FEG PA-63, though. Its two toned as well. Made in Hungary. I can get one for like $190.


  9. #49
    ByMySword
    Guest

    Default

    Me at a CAS event. Its basically a combination of historical reenacting and speed shooting competitions, except with firearms of the time period. These are obviously 19th century firearms, postbellum America.










  10. #50
    ByMySword
    Guest

    Default

    I was bored, so I thought I'd post a few more. The first one is what I dressed as for Halloween this year. I took that one of me twirling my Colt 1851 Navy. The second one was taken earlier this year in the spring, when I first got my Bersa. The last pic is my room. Mind you, those are just the guns I had room for on my wall. I'm the proud father of 17 firearms, 5 bows, 6 swords, 2 spears, 2 tomahawks, and too many knives to count from pocket knives to medieval daggers. Okay, ego stroke done.






Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread
    By MacGuffin in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1013
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 05:59 PM
  2. [INFP] The INFP Appreciation Thread
    By Azseroffs in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 11:53 PM
  3. [ENTP] THE ENTP Appreciation Thread
    By tinkerbell in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 04:21 PM
  4. The Beard Appreciation Thread
    By Kingfisher in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 12:18 AM
  5. The Hmm Appreciation Thread
    By Brouhaha in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO