User Tag List

First 313940414243 Last

Results 401 to 410 of 507

  1. #401
    Member Chuckums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    82

    Default

    You know your guns. I have a couple of early Springfield M1As with GI forged parts, except the reciever of course. The recievers have proven to be a good product, but they have had problems with thier oprods and bolts.

    Fired quite a few of the original M14s. Still the issue rifle of the Navy, so we just borrowed them when we got on thier ships.

  2. #402
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    This is the first meaningful gun conversation I've had since I left Arfcom.

    Glad to know I have someone to talk guns with!

    Whats your collection like?

  3. #403
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    To be honest, I think the M1, M14, M1A is the most beautiful rifle platform ever created.

    I'm afraid for when I finally get my hands on one, I won't want to shoot anything else.

    Also 7.62 x 51mm is meant for men. 5.56 is meant for varments.

    EDIT: whats with the FAL in your avatar?

  4. #404
    Member Chuckums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    82

    Default

    I couldn't get ahold of an M14 and that Kuwait contract FAL (standard Belgian 50:00) was the best gun I could find in Iraq. My M4 pretty much stayed in the gun truck.

    Too many people that should be dead are running around with .22 holes in them and that "It takes two of the enemy to carry one wounded" crap holds no water with the insurgents. If they escape and live, they set more IEDs/shoot us. If captured, they only get two years in an Iraqi prison for killing US Servicemembers.

    I just feel anyone should use, given the situation, the most powerful and reliable gun they can rapidly and effectively put rounds on target with.

  5. #405
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Isaac View Post
    I couldn't get ahold of an M14 and that Kuwait contract FAL (standard Belgian 50:00) was the best gun I could find in Iraq. My M4 pretty much stayed in the gun truck.

    Too many people that should be dead are running around with .22 holes in them and that "It takes two of the enemy to carry one wounded" crap holds no water with the insurgents. If they escape and live, they set more IEDs/shoot us. If captured, they only get two years in an Iraqi prison for killing US Servicemembers.

    I just feel anyone should use, given the situation, the most powerful and reliable gun they can rapidly and effectively put rounds on target with.
    Yep.

    I'd rather carry 450 rounds that I know I have to fire accurately, than 700 that won't do anything.

  6. #406
    Member Chuckums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Here's some good weight stats.

    An M14 and 100 rounds weighs the same as an M16 and 250 rounds, or, for every 2 shots out of a '14, you get 5 out of a '16 for the same weight.

  7. #407
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    I have a Ruger P90 40 caliber.

    In counterstrike I strictly use a pump shotty for close range, with a deagle for long range. muahaha. I hate snipers. But I love running up on people and seeing them shake before I pump shotty them. haha. Sniper kills are so boring compared to that.

  8. #408
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Isaac View Post
    Here's some good weight stats.

    An M14 and 100 rounds weighs the same as an M16 and 250 rounds, or, for every 2 shots out of a '14, you get 5 out of a '16 for the same weight.
    I thought I was off in my numbers.

    But what ever it works itself out to, I'd be more confident that I could accomplish my mission (whatever it was) loaded with .308.

  9. #409
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    I have a Ruger P90 40 caliber.

    In counterstrike I strictly use a pump shotty for close range, with a deagle for long range. muahaha. I hate snipers. But I love running up on people and seeing them shake before I pump shotty them. haha. Sniper kills are so boring compared to that.
    .40 is a great round for personal defense, not the best, but a good mix of power and magazine capacity. (its what my glock is chambered in)

    I was always one of those damn snipers in CS.

  10. #410
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    .40 is a great round for personal defense, not the best, but a good mix of power and magazine capacity. (its what my glock is chambered in)

    I was always one of those damn snipers in CS.
    *hop*

    *hop*

    *hop*

    *blasts sniper with fragments of shotty from long distance*

    haha

    happens only 1 out of 3/4 times in those confrontations, but when it does... SWEETEST VICTORY EVERRRRR!!!! muahahaha

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] The INTP Appreciation Thread
    By MacGuffin in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1013
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 05:59 PM
  2. [INFP] The INFP Appreciation Thread
    By Azseroffs in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 11:53 PM
  3. [ENTP] THE ENTP Appreciation Thread
    By tinkerbell in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 04:21 PM
  4. The Beard Appreciation Thread
    By Kingfisher in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 12:18 AM
  5. The Hmm Appreciation Thread
    By Brouhaha in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO