User Tag List

First 313940414243 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

You know your guns. I have a couple of early Springfield M1As with GI forged parts, except the reciever of course. The recievers have proven to be a good product, but they have had problems with thier oprods and bolts.

Fired quite a few of the original M14s. Still the issue rifle of the Navy, so we just borrowed them when we got on thier ships.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

This is the first meaningful gun conversation I've had since I left Arfcom.

Glad to know I have someone to talk guns with!

Whats your collection like?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

To be honest, I think the M1, M14, M1A is the most beautiful rifle platform ever created.

I'm afraid for when I finally get my hands on one, I won't want to shoot anything else.

Also 7.62 x 51mm is meant for men. 5.56 is meant for varments.

EDIT: whats with the FAL in your avatar?

MBTI
    ISTP

I couldn't get ahold of an M14 and that Kuwait contract FAL (standard Belgian 50:00) was the best gun I could find in Iraq. My M4 pretty much stayed in the gun truck.

Too many people that should be dead are running around with .22 holes in them and that "It takes two of the enemy to carry one wounded" crap holds no water with the insurgents. If they escape and live, they set more IEDs/shoot us. If captured, they only get two years in an Iraqi prison for killing US Servicemembers.

I just feel anyone should use, given the situation, the most powerful and reliable gun they can rapidly and effectively put rounds on target with.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Isaac View Post
    I couldn't get ahold of an M14 and that Kuwait contract FAL (standard Belgian 50:00) was the best gun I could find in Iraq. My M4 pretty much stayed in the gun truck.

Too many people that should be dead are running around with .22 holes in them and that "It takes two of the enemy to carry one wounded" crap holds no water with the insurgents. If they escape and live, they set more IEDs/shoot us. If captured, they only get two years in an Iraqi prison for killing US Servicemembers.

I just feel anyone should use, given the situation, the most powerful and reliable gun they can rapidly and effectively put rounds on target with.
    Yep.

I'd rather carry 450 rounds that I know I have to fire accurately, than 700 that won't do anything.

MBTI
    ISTP

Here's some good weight stats.

An M14 and 100 rounds weighs the same as an M16 and 250 rounds, or, for every 2 shots out of a '14, you get 5 out of a '16 for the same weight.

MBTI
    enfp

I have a Ruger P90 40 caliber.

In counterstrike I strictly use a pump shotty for close range, with a deagle for long range. muahaha. I hate snipers. But I love running up on people and seeing them shake before I pump shotty them. haha. Sniper kills are so boring compared to that.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Isaac View Post
    Here's some good weight stats.

An M14 and 100 rounds weighs the same as an M16 and 250 rounds, or, for every 2 shots out of a '14, you get 5 out of a '16 for the same weight.
    I thought I was off in my numbers.

But what ever it works itself out to, I'd be more confident that I could accomplish my mission (whatever it was) loaded with .308.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    I have a Ruger P90 40 caliber.

In counterstrike I strictly use a pump shotty for close range, with a deagle for long range. muahaha. I hate snipers. But I love running up on people and seeing them shake before I pump shotty them. haha. Sniper kills are so boring compared to that.
    .40 is a great round for personal defense, not the best, but a good mix of power and magazine capacity. (its what my glock is chambered in)

I was always one of those damn snipers in CS.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    .40 is a great round for personal defense, not the best, but a good mix of power and magazine capacity. (its what my glock is chambered in)

I was always one of those damn snipers in CS.
    *hop*

*hop*

*hop*

*blasts sniper with fragments of shotty from long distance*

haha

happens only 1 out of 3/4 times in those confrontations, but when it does... SWEETEST VICTORY EVERRRRR!!!! muahahaha