User Tag List

First 18262728293038 Last

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    It is my understanding that this model of shotgun is the "deck gun" of choice in the U.S. Navy. In that if enemy troops were to find their way onto the deck of your destroyer/battleship/whatever, this little puppy loaded with buckshot/slug/buckshot/slug/etc. would clear the deck very nicely...

Hmmm, I've been considering joining the Navy.

They just went up on my list.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    lol i haven't read the last couple pages of this thread but everyone needs to chill out. if people want to post pictures of guns...who cares? its a gun. oh no. i have my own problem with guns but i dont think there is anything wrong with having an interest in them for hobbies sake. if it offends you, then come up with a good argument on why it offends you because so far your arguments suck.

to the people who are posting pictures of guns: just ignore the posts about how evil guns are as long as they are not putting up good arguments. if they actually have a good argument then respond. otherwise ignore.
    lol, we handled that issue awhile back, man.

But thanks for stepping in. Its appreciated.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    I've never seen one that wasn't .30-30.

All of ours are.
    You can get original, 19th- and early 20th-century Winchester 94's in .38-55, .30-30, and .32 Winchester Special.

You can get late 20th-century Winchester 94s in .30-30, .44 Magnum, .307 Winchester, .356 Winchester, and .375 Winchester. The latter three are chamberings in what was referred to as the "Big-Bore 94," a somewhat modified design to handle these higher-pressure rounds. You can even today get a big-bore 94 in .450 Marlin.

You can also find the occasional Winchester 94 in .30-30 Ackley and 7-30 Waters, but these are custom chamberings and not available from the factory.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

lol, we handled that issue awhile back, man.

But thanks for stepping in. Its appreciated.
    haha i noticed after i posted. im to lazy to click forward and then write a reply...its a problem i struggle with every day.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You can get original, 19th- and early 20th-century Winchester 94's in .38-55, .30-30, and .32 Winchester Special.

You can get late 20th-century Winchester 94s in .30-30, .44 Magnum, .307 Winchester, .356 Winchester, and .375 Winchester. The latter three are chamberings in what was referred to as the "Big-Bore 94," a somewhat modified design to handle these higher-pressure rounds. You can even today get a big-bore 94 in .450 Marlin.

You can also find the occasional Winchester 94 in .30-30 Ackley and 7-30 Waters, but these are custom chamberings and not available from the factory.
    Interesting.

I love the .30-30 WCF, though, so I probably wouldn't want one in any other caliber.

Oberon

Interesting.

I love the .30-30 WCF, though, so I probably wouldn't want one in any other caliber.
    That's like saying "Because I love strawberries, I propbably wouldn't want a peach."

The .32 Winchester Special and .38-55 cartridges are both obsolete, but also both accurate and a great deal of fun.

ByMySword

Cool

That's like saying "Because I love strawberries, I propbably wouldn't want a peach."

The .32 Winchester Special and .38-55 cartridges are both obsolete, but also both accurate and a great deal of fun.
    I don't have a problem with obsolete cartridges at all.

Have of the cartridges I shoot would technically be considered obsolete.

.44 WCF, ftw.

Oberon

You shoot .44-40? I hear it's a bear to reload for.

Do you cast your own bullets?

ByMySword

Cool

You shoot .44-40? I hear it's a bear to reload for.

Do you cast your own bullets?
    I reload, and yes .44-40 can cause quite a problem because the casing is so thin. You have to get it just right.

I don't cast my own bullets though.

I do make my own lead balls for my muzzleloader, though.

Oberon

I reload, and yes .44-40 can cause quite a problem because the casing is so thin. You have to get it just right.

I don't cast my own bullets though.

I do make my own lead balls for my muzzleloader, though.
    I cast bullets. It's rewarding, fun, and I basically have an unlimited supply of projectiles.