User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post

Also, not trying to be obnoxious or anything, you know you can use the multi-quote button, right? It's the one right next to the quote button, and you hit that on all the things you want to quote, and then for the last one, click the quote button, and you have all the quotes in one post..
    Thanks! I know this wasn't posted for me really, but I couldn't figure out how to use the crappin thing lol

Embrace the possibilities.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Oddly, having brushed up on my "current affairs" with firearms, it looks like the country who probably loves the gun the best (USA) are going to be the last ones to update their military. I'm wondering if the M16 has reached the same status as the Ford Mustang and similar... one of those designs that no one will accept can be improved upon.
    Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just look at the Colt 1911. Although, you're right, if it can be improved, I don't see what the big deal is. What kind of improvements are you talking about for the M-16?

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I was pretty anti-gun prior to hooking up with my ex.

I think shooting targets is fun!!!

Although, admittedly, I prefer shooting with the .22 rifle over anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Eh, I still shoot a .22 break-barrel pellet rifle often, even though I have bigger and better weapons now.
    I shoot .22s all the time.

They're the perfect practice weapon for competition shooters when ammo is too expensive. For my CAS competition, rather than practice with my .44 WCF guns, I shoot .22 revolvers and .22 leveractions.

Its the same movement I'd be experiencing with the ones I compete with, but with cheaper ammo.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    They're the perfect practice weapon for competition shooters when ammo is too expensive. For my CAS competition, rather than practice with my .44 WCF guns, I shoot .22 revolvers and .22 leveractions.
    Yup. Besides, a .22 in the hands of a good shot, is still more deadly than a .45 or .50 in the hands of a bad shot. (Unless body armor is involved). I need to get me one actually, I love the pellet gun, but I'd like something better in a .22
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    istp

.22's are also nice when you're going shooting out in the country and don't want to annoy the neighbors.

The Japanese used to issue one to their officers during WWII that was a pistol and a sword combined!!!
    They also put bayonets on their machine guns.
    No offense.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    .22's are also nice when you're going shooting out in the country and don't want to annoy the neighbors.

They also put bayonets on their machine guns.
    Ye, I used to go hunting in the country with a friends .22, they're good fun actually.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just look at the Colt 1911.
    What that single column clip, large pistol that fires a round which won't penetrate armour and weights quite a bit per round?

I like the M1911 but it can and has been improved upon. For combat I'd pick a different weapon.
    Although, you're right, if it can be improved, I don't see what the big deal is. What kind of improvements are you talking about for the M-16?
    You don't know? Never heard of the M8 or the OICW?

Try this site.

Basically the US military was looking into the most advanced infantry weapon ever but for some reason they've pulled the plug on it in the last couple of years... this is after refusing the G11. I'm wondering if they're still sane!!

Mind you this is the same military who refused a pistol that shot 10,000 rounds without any jams, misfires or problems of any kind and instead bought one that blew a marines teeth out when the slide came off!! Good ole Beretta.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

You can never have too many guns.

ByMySword

^^^True

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I've been thinking about getting either a Winchester 1300 Defender or a Remington Express 870. I'm gonna need something to protect all the gold and silver I'm stockpiling for when the dollar collapses.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."