User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Default Anyone posted the Smith and Wesson 500.

Really nice aswell, another favouite of mine

And...

The Tanaka Smith and Wesson M500 8inch...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Has no one tried the FN Five Seven?
    Isn't that the one designed for armor/vest piercing? I could be thinking of something else, not sure.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Oh and can someone explain how a shotgun is "home defence"? Surely the one thing you are guaranteed to mess up is your home! Plus is there any weapon that's slower to reload?
    largely accepted as the most effective style of firearm at close ranges, heavier punch and more likely to quickly disable or discourage an assailant, unlikely to go through walls and windows and kill your family.

however, i dont believe a firearm is a good method of home defense for everyone. personally i would not want to risk losing my physical advantages if a gun were involved and somehow got into their hands, baseball bat is much better because someone smaller will not be able to do much with it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Not legal for hunting, unless you're handicapped in such a way as to be unable to draw a conventional bow.
    May I ask why? .. I'm no expert, but in my head a gun seems like the deadliest hunting tool in comparison to a crossbow. Or am I mistaken? (Not to underestimate the crossbow )

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    however, i dont believe a firearm is a good method of home defense for everyone. personally i would not want to risk losing my physical advantages if a gun were involved and somehow got into their hands, baseball bat is much better because someone smaller will not be able to do much with it.
    >.o I'm small, and I have to say I can do some damage with a bat.. but you need a swing radius to do the damage. Being knocked down would limit your range of motion. Knives though, never need reloading and are available in an instant with several uses. I keep one with me at all times generally, and have a large one in my bed with me as well as two more hidden within my room..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

Scary moment--

[youtube="i7KOikEY-H8"]Dude almost pwns himself[/youtube]

Embarrasing moment --

[youtube="dFJjaj7pXsA"]Girl vs Desert Eagle[/youtube]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Ugh.. Entirely embarrassing, I must say. I think the worst I've done is a couple times I was so concentrated on making my mark with the M16/M4 (whatever I'm using at the time) that the kickback hits against my eye pro and I get a little nose bridge bruise by the time I'm done on the range.

Also when I first handled the m9 beretta (and a hand gun at all actually) the slide back sliced my thumb open handling it wrong.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    >.o I'm small, and I have to say I can do some damage with a bat.. but you need a swing radius to do the damage. Being knocked down would limit your range of motion. Knives though, never need reloading and are available in an instant with several uses. I keep one with me at all times generally, and have a large one in my bed with me as well as two more hidden within my room..
    Knives can also be overpowered, though, and it's important to remember that. No one wants to get stabbed by their own knife.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Just the same as guns can be overpowered but that's less likely. But between a knife and a baseball bat, I think I may feel safer with the knife. Between a gun and a knife.. I'd say a gun.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ Just the same as guns can be overpowered but that's less likely. But between a knife and a baseball bat, I think I may feel safer with the knife. Between a gun and a knife.. I'd say a gun.
    Yeah, I agree. Although, with some handguns (such as mine) you can't fire even if there's one in the chamber if you just release the magazine.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Knives can also be overpowered, though, and it's important to remember that. No one wants to get stabbed by their own knife.
    So, the best solution is to have both a gun and a knife. If someone somehow gets close enough to you to get the gun, you have a backup, which at that range...is just as useful.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%