User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

...Allow me to say this one more time. I missed a question because of the number of rude derailing posts. If you have nothing constructive to say beyond "this person's right, the US are all snobs, we're actually the awesome ones." PLEASE take it to A DIFFERENT thread.

As to the question I was asked sadly long ago, my friend's been looking at a hand gun in particular, but she (like myself) has been interested in hunting for a while without ever having gone.

Also, a bit off topic, but how do ya'll fair with bows and arrows? I've ALWAYS wanted to learn about them.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Also, a bit off topic, but how do ya'll fair with bows and arrows? I've ALWAYS wanted to learn about them.
    I'm decent with them, but have zero knowledge, besides how to shoot. I have a cheap compound bow, and some arrows. Fun stuff.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Oberon

As to the question I was asked sadly long ago, my friend's been looking at a hand gun in particular, but she (like myself) has been interested in hunting for a while without ever having gone.
    Was she looking for a handgun suitable for hunting, or were the questions separate?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Oh the questions were seperate ^_^ Me going off on a tangent! Yes her question in particular was about hand guns.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Oberon

Oh the questions were seperate ^_^ Me going off on a tangent! Yes her question in particular was about hand guns.
    Well, there is a fair number of folks who do hunt with handguns, and there are handguns made for the purpose, so I just thought I'd check.

The choice of a handgun for personal defense depends on many factors. Does she want the weapon for concealed carry? How familiar is she with handguns? How big is she, and how big are her hands? Is price a consideration?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    US Citizens should be aware that gun fetish is not only a cultural debate, it is the US versus the entire Western world. You should be aware that anybody who would post this kind of pictures on a French forum would be seen and considered as a demented one, or someone with severe psychological disorders. So should we conclude that billions of people are haplophobic?
    I didn't know the French were so closed-minded!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Well, there is a fair number of folks who do hunt with handguns, and there are handguns made for the purpose, so I just thought I'd check.

The choice of a handgun for personal defense depends on many factors. Does she want the weapon for concealed carry? How familiar is she with handguns? How big is she, and how big are her hands? Is price a consideration?
    Hah! Sorry I know,Im so bad with details on some stuff!

Personal defense definitely, and range shooting probably more frequently. Looking for light-weight if possible with not too much kickback. She's not a petite woman, but she's not exactly an amazon she's real girly. If I were a blind man, I'd swear she's 4' tall with a kitten's paw for hands. I don't know about the price thing, I think she's fishing for that as well.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Personal defense definitely, and range shooting probably more frequently.
    Here's to hoping that's true.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Lol! ^ Good call!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I changed the thread title to reflect what it seems the OP's intent probably was. OP, contact me if I did this in error.

Please, feel free to start an anti-gun thread if you like, or just don't open a thread that is likely to have pictures of something you find objectionable. If I suddenly get over my laziness, I may split out the anti-gun posts into another thread myself.

Lest anyone cry bias, please note that this entreaty comes from your friendly neighborhood Quaker peacenik non-gun-owning madmin. Peace out, y'all.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii