User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

US Citizens should be aware that gun fetish is not only a cultural debate, it is the US versus the entire Western world. You should be aware that anybody who would post this kind of pictures on a French forum would be seen and considered as a demented one, or someone with severe psychological disorders. So should we conclude that billions of people are haplophobic?

It depends on perspective, of course.

So, just like Victor, I'll ask that you respect the vast majority of people on earth who could just wander or pass by typology central. Unless you want to make this site a US only forum.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

And most civilised countries share our feelings.

Your gun fetish is considered barbaric by civilised countries across the world.

It is deeply and profoundly offensive.
    Indeed.

But it seems they are not even aware of it. Just give them time to think, and who knows?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    but at the same time, everyone here is entitled to an oppinion, though this is a particular thread for gun appreciation...it was meant for people who like guns, not dislike them. Both sides know where they stand, but this is still, and will continue to be, a "gun appreciation thread." Get it?
    The title is not "the gun appreciation thread", but more simply "the gun thread". So I'd say it is meant to express any opinion we have about guns, even if we dislike them.

I'd say it is not difficult to understand why most civilised men and women would dislike gun fetish, and why it would generate such a feeling of repulsion for many of us.

I'd also say it is time our US friends realize they are not alone on Earth.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    US Citizens should be aware that gun fetish is not only a cultural debate, it is the US versus the entire Western world. You should be aware that anybody who would post this kind of pictures on a french forum would be seen as a demented one, or someone with severe psychological disorders. So should we conclude that billions of people are haplophobic?
    Not exactly. Switzerland, Sweden, and Finland all come to mind immediately as countries with a high gun ownership rate as well.

Also. Here, in the USA, we have vast swathes of land where there IS very little population, and having a gun with you for protection from wild animals, is NOT actually a ridiculous idea.

The title is not "the gun appreciation thread", but more simply "the gun thread". So I'd say it is meant to express any opinion we have about guns, even if we dislike them.
    Fine, Moderators, can we make it that?

I'd say it is not difficult to understand why most civilised men and women would dislike gun fetish, and why it would generate such a feeling of repulsion for many of us.
    Actually, it's quite difficult to understand. You still have not adressed why liking/collecting/using for non-hurtful means is so terrible, when doing the same with other weapons, such as swords, knives, and the like.

Duh. That's why we make sure we have so many guns.

Now then. THESE, are all privately owned, and this is a famous gun show/shoot.

[YOUTUBE="31vm3-BQRJU"]Knob Creek Gun Shoot[/YOUTUBE]
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INTP

Nice video.

I don't know much about guns but I like this thread. Well, not the bickering, but I like the posts with guns.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Eh, this one'll do it.

Now that is a gun! WAAAAW!! Sorry Victor but on the strength of this picture alone, guns are great.

Ok, that was snide, and i do get your point, but like many people have said don't read the thread if you're offended by it. Like Jack said, you're complaints are silly you might aswell shut down the internet altogether if you're complaining about things like liking the LOOK of guns?? As I said before too we're not on about, how we love that they kill we're just looking at the craft here thats all. I think you're bringing a personal vendetta or feeling here that is insignificant to the subject matter of the thread.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post

[youtube="31vm3-BQRJU"]Knob Creek Gun Shoot[/youtube]
    I almost feel really bad saying this but...I didn't realize destruction could be so beautiful. Death, on the other hand, is not.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    See this is fucking adorable, but necessary. That creature doesn't want to get eaten by bigger animals so he must carry his semi automatic for protection lol

MBTI
    INFP

Pulls out old Bobby Goldsboro record, and with a look of INFPish bliss sings along, "Everything is byoooooootiful, in its own way. . ."

And so's "blood and guts and veins in our teeth." The American Way.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Oberon

Oh, no... not at all.

We have friends in Belgium, where Fabrique Nationale has for over a century owned the world market for the marvelous designs of John Moses Browning. To this day "Belgian Browning" means something special to US shotgun collectors. Of late some Browning and Winchester designs have also been rendered by the good people of Miroku, in Japan.

Were you aware, by the way, that at present the longest-lived business concern in continuous operation is Beretta, who has been making fine handguns and long guns in Italy since the late Renaissance? Oh, and let's not forget the work of arms designer Peter Paul Mauser. A fine and modestly-priced execution of his square-bridge action can be found in the form of the CZ 550, which is currently manufactured by the fine folks at Czeska Zbrojovka, known here in the states as CZ. The Mauser square-bridge is the action of choice for building big-game bolt-action rifles for hunting in Africa.

Another African favorite is made in England, courtesy of the excellent craftsmen at Holland & Holland, where a gentleman's fine first-quality double rifle in .470 Nitro Express can cost as much as a modest house. If you prefer your British game rifle to have a bolt, however, you can always see the fine folks at Rigby.

I'm afraid I've run out of time for the moment. I will resume our little firearms world tour at a later date. Thank you for your time and patience.