• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intergalactic Photography

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Greetings.

In the course of our research assignments and journeys dictated by the Vulcan High Command, T'Pol and I sometimes have time to pursue more esoteric interests, such as landscape photography. We'll share our collaborative efforts in this thread. Neither one of us can individually take credit for any specific photo, as it is very much a collective effort.

These photos will generally come from Minshara-class planets (those resembling your Terra in biological support capabilities) in solar systems similar in configuration to to your Sol system.

If other warp-capable members wish to contribute, we look forward to it.

The first photo was taken at a large lake on Procyon-6 (the 6 being the zero-based index of the planet from the star). This is a binary system. The photo was taken in the late Spring shortly after the second sunset, just as the planet's primary satellite approached the planet due to the gravitational pull of Procyon B. We would have taken more photos, but we heard the eerie whistling howls of the wa'gashes in the distance, and had to depart the location quickly.

f95d31ce.jpg

TPol

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5sp
On a recent visit to Hunjib, a colleague and I stayed at the hilltop lab overlooking the Sarl Canyon. My quarters were near the observation deck. From there, one night, I watched this survey ship. I am quite pleased with the new telephoto attachment for my Vuldak.

surveyship.jpg

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Aesthetically pleasing. How did you manage to get such a clear shot in that thick atmosphere?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
wtf
damn trekkies :thelook:

ps: technically an 'intergalactic picture' 'd just show us the space between galaxies, or the trips by themselves, not planets. But I guess it's an arguable point.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
wtf
damn trekkies :thelook:
<BorgVoice>We are Trekkies. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.</BorgVoice>

ps: technically an 'intergalactic picture' 'd just show us the space between galaxies, or the trips by themselves, not planets. But I guess it's an arguable point.
True, just like with intergalactic travel. You travel between the galaxies, but you don't go to any planets or solar systems inside them, lest you exceed the clear limits of your predefined type of travel. ;)

TPol

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5sp
Aesthetically pleasing. How did you manage to get such a clear shot in that thick atmosphere?

It is a new setting on the Vuldak. It detects all energy signatures from the ship and interprets them as light energy. Since the surrounding atmosphere was lower in energy levels, it "saw" only the ship's energy emissions as well as the energy waves rebounding from the surrounding objects (canyon walls) that were denser than the atmosphere.

<BorgVoice>We are Trekkies. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.</BorgVoice>

You really should get over your habit of trying to frighten the aliens.