• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's Type MLB Players

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Baseball is Baseball when the players that are playing are in the same health conditions, and at the same standards that are set.

I'd only somewhat appreciate Manny Ramirez in the American Leauge, where he could be a Designated Hitter, rather than have him take his time in Left Field. But if I remember right, he was in Left Field most of the time when he was on the Red Sox.

There's been many "true blue superstars" on the Dodgers in last few
years.

And you're comparing pitchers to players...

No real true blue superstars for a while on the Dodgers.

Gary Sheffield was the last one. Although you can argue Adrian Beltre or Paul Lo Duca or Kevin Brown were superstars, I don't think they were true blue superstars, like at the top of their game and electrifying enough to bring in non fans like Shaq or Kobe would do.

Yeah, his defense isn't so great. But then again, baseball scouts nowadays don't care as much about defense as hitting. I mean, jeez, I think I used to have a better arm than Juan Pierre lolz

Make no mistake, Manny's performance is down post watever it was he took, and he is not as "electrifyingly amazing" as he used to be. But he served his punishment, and I'd like to see him retain his old form cleanly. But I do think that almost everyone in the MLB that is semi important juices.

I personally don't get why football players are allowed to juice so often and get away with it.

ubiquitous1

Lester-ISFJ
Besckett-ISTP
Wakefield-ISFP
Paps-ESFJ
Youk-ENFJ
Pedroia-ENFP
Lowell-IXFJ
Varitek-ISXJ
Lowery-ISTJ
ARod-ESFP
Jeter-ISTJ
What are your thoughts on Girardi and Francona?
Francona-IXFJ, I want to say N because he and Pedroia relate so well
Girardi-I have no idea
I can't wait for baseball season to start :sad:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Current/former Red Sox:

Beckett: ISTP (no contest, no arguments)
Papelbon: ESTP (not so F to me)
Ellsbury: ENTJ/ENTP
Ortiz: ESFP
Pedroia: ENF(/t)P
Mike Lowell: IxxJ? He is pretty classy.
Manny: FAIL
Schilling: ENTJ, maybe
Youkilis: ENFJ
Wakefield: ISTP
Varitek: IST(/f)J

Francona: INTP

Red Sox>Yankees.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
There's thirty MLB teams... not two, or three.

Most of the people that posted in this thread is really from, or lives near New York or Boston?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's thirty MLB teams... not two, or three.

Most of the people that posted in this thread is really from, or lives near New York or Boston?

Well, add in your own teams to type. Does it matter where we are from?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not really to this thread. But I'd like to know.

I am not from there, but I go to Boston very often. When it comes to the Red Sox and Yankees, loyalties are everywhere pretty much.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, and it's bullshit.

Why? The fact that we/they are everywhere or the fact, the fact that it is greatly the Red Sox and Yankees, or the fact that people are loyal?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That "Californians" are Red Sox "fans".

So what? Do they genuinely like the Red Sox? Is that the team they like?

A lot of people are bandwagon fans (especially after the '07 World Series, winning again in the same 5 years. People jumped on that wagon fast).

But I am from North Carolina, and the Red Sox are my favorite team. I like to think I am a 'real' Red Sox 'fan'

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
That "Californians" are Red Sox "fans".

Most likely the non boston/ non ny fans of red sox or yankees are from the east coast or midwest. highly doubtful they are california natives, especially angelino natives.

red sox vs. dodger's world series would be great because it would remind a lot of angelinos of the 80's lakers vs. celtics rivalry. i mean, Kevin McHale, who looked more evil than that guy. Dunno who looked more like the cryptkeeper, Robert Parish or Kevin McHale.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
So what? Do they genuinely like the Red Sox? Is that the team they like?

A lot of people are bandwagon fans (especially after the '07 World Series, winning again in the same 5 years. People jumped on that wagon fast).

But I am from North Carolina, and the Red Sox are my favorite team. I like to think I am a 'real' Red Sox 'fan'

I suppose there's nothing wrong with it, but it was pretty annoying, hearing so much of them.

I used the word "Californian" because they're from California, not the East Coast.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most likely the non boston/ non ny fans of red sox or yankees are from the east coast or midwest. highly doubtful they are california natives, especially angelino natives.

That is correct, more than likely. I only know of the East Coast, however.

QUOTE=Miserable;980140]I suppose there's nothing wrong with it, but it was pretty annoying, hearing so much of them.

I used the word "Californian" because they're from California, not the East Coast.[/QUOTE]

Why does it matter, though? Are you making a point that they are from the West Coast?

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
LOLZ

go to Manhattan Beach. That is the capital of transplanted peoples living in LA.

You will be hard pressed to find a Dodger fan that lives in Manhattan Beach. They are for the most part, yeah. Red Sox fans who moved to LA.

I do know of a facebook group that are San Francisco natives that are fed up with all the "east coasters" that moved to SF too.... kind of interesting reading through what they were saying... I was in the center field bleachers during a Red Sox - Dodger's game in the preseason last year. Got pretty ugly. But I do remember some dodger fans calling for "better behavior" and a "better vibe".

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
That is correct, more than likely. I only know of the East Coast, however.

QUOTE=Miserable;980140]I suppose there's nothing wrong with it, but it was pretty annoying, hearing so much of them.

I used the word "Californian" because they're from California, not the East Coast.

Why does it matter, though? Are you making a point that they are from the West Coast?[/QUOTE]

Something like this:
LOLZ

go to Manhattan Beach. That is the capital of transplanted peoples living in LA.

You will be hard pressed to find a Dodger fan that lives in Manhattan Beach. They are for the most part, yeah. Red Sox fans who moved to LA.

I do know of a facebook group that are San Francisco natives that are fed up with all the "east coasters" that moved to SF too.... kind of interesting reading through what they were saying... I was in the center field bleachers during a Red Sox - Dodger's game in the preseason last year. Got pretty ugly. But I do remember some dodger fans calling for "better behavior" and a "better vibe".