User Tag List

First 1234 Last

As I understand it, some Mets groupies brought a sexual harassment case against Cone for supposedly masturbating in the Shea bullpen in front of them prior to a game (assuming you've been to Shea, you'd know the logistics of this are rather questionable!). He was also charged with rape when he was on the Mets. I believe both cases were dropped, but he was definitely a party animal. That's not to say that an ENFP couldn't be, but this behavior just fit the ESFP stereotype so well that I assumed he was an S.

I agree that Wright seems like an I - but he would like to be an E. Don't know about the rest, could see ISFJ. Kind of a reluctant leader, seems to have his life together.

And yep, Yankee fan here.

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    There really doesn't seem to be a lot of intuitives in baseball or in sports as a whole. Can you think of any N's in any sport? I am curious.
    I'm unfamiliar with players' personalities outside of baseball, but I think the nature of baseball - or any sport - is very sensor-oriented. As for baseball, as I listed above, I think Mussina was quite NT (specifically INTJ) and was always a bit of an oddball in an SFJ/SFP world. His decision to retire because he knew it wasn't going to get any better, physically or mentally, than 2008 during the time it would take him to get 300 wins, is very NT. Perfectionistic tendencies, etc. An S probably would have tried to stretch it out "one more year."

Aimahn listed Dustin Pedroia as an N, but I don't know enough about him to make that distinction myself. Other than that, I can't think of any blatant Ns in the game.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by theplacesyoullgo View Post
    As I understand it, some Mets groupies brought a sexual harassment case against Cone for supposedly masturbating in the Shea bullpen in front of them prior to a game (assuming you've been to Shea, you'd know the logistics of this are rather questionable!). He was also charged with rape when he was on the Mets. I believe both cases were dropped, but he was definitely a party animal. That's not to say that an ENFP couldn't be, but this behavior just fit the ESFP stereotype so well that I assumed he was an S.

I agree that Wright seems like an I - but he would like to be an E. Don't know about the rest, could see ISFJ. Kind of a reluctant leader, seems to have his life together.

And yep, Yankee fan here.

I'm unfamiliar with players' personalities outside of baseball, but I think the nature of baseball - or any sport - is very sensor-oriented. As for baseball, as I listed above, I think Mussina was quite NT (specifically INTJ) and was always a bit of an oddball in an SFJ/SFP world. His decision to retire because he knew it wasn't going to get any better, physically or mentally, than 2008 during the time it would take him to get 300 wins, is very NT. Perfectionistic tendencies, etc. An S probably would have tried to stretch it out "one more year."

Aimahn listed Dustin Pedroia as an N, but I don't know enough about him to make that distinction myself. Other than that, I can't think of any blatant Ns in the game.
    Ughh! I never knew about Cone's sexual escapades. You know what...I take it back! LOL. ESFP he is.

Mussina, I believe is an N for sure. Something in his eyes. I just got that vibe from him.

Pedroia, I could see him as an N, but I also would have to look more into it.

Who is your favorite Yank?
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

Despite the former sexcapades, I find Cone incredibly charismatic. I think he had a "good boy gone bad" thing going on.

Current Yankee? I guess Jeter, as stereotypical as that sounds. Don't find him remotely attractive though. My favorite Yankees from my youth are gone (Tino Martinez, Paul O'Neill). I loved Moose for years and was sad to see him retire. A-Rod's a great player, but it's hilarious to see how unlikeable and uncharismatic he really is when he so obviously wants to be charming.

Do you have a favorite player?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by theplacesyoullgo View Post
    Despite the former sexcapades, I find Cone incredibly charismatic. I think he had a "good boy gone bad" thing going on.

Current Yankee? I guess Jeter, as stereotypical as that sounds. Don't find him remotely attractive though. My favorite Yankees from my youth are gone (Tino Martinez, Paul O'Neill). I loved Moose for years and was sad to see him retire. A-Rod's a great player, but it's hilarious to see how unlikeable and uncharismatic he really is when he so obviously wants to be charming.

Do you have a favorite player?

Maybe Cone just was going through something. He seems so different now or maybe it's because I had no idea what he was doing behind closed doors. I thought he was a great pitcher both in the Mets & Yankees. I loved the Mets back in the day with Hojo, Gooden, Darling, etc.. I was a youngin back then, but I still remember the good ol' days.

It seems like every chick fines Jeter attractive or "sexy". He just does not do one thing for me...at all. A-Rod on the other hand, is a great player...one of the best players I would say, but he is lacking that x-factor. I liked him much better when he was in Seattle. I liked Paul O'Neil a lot. He had that intimidating look to him.

Manny Ramirez is one of my favorite players. I watched him throughout his whole career. He's just a beast. Solid, consistent player. I wish he would come to the Mets, that would be so sweet, but very expensive.

Who's your favorite player? Who is your favorite pitcher?
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Khalil Greene - ISTP

Jake Peavy - ESTJ

Adrian Gonzalez - ENFP

Brian Giles - ESFP

Trevor Hoffman - xSTJ

That's all I can really remember from when I used to pay attention to MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post

Manny Ramirez is one of my favorite players. I watched him throughout his whole career. He's just a beast. Solid, consistent player. I wish he would come to the Mets, that would be so sweet, but very expensive.

MBTI
    enfp

Manny Ramirez = ENFP

Chad Billingsley = INFP

Jason Schmidt = Alien

Chan Ho Park = ENTJ

Russell Martin = INTP

Jeff Kent = ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Miserable View Post

Manny rules. Still one of the few players who was successful by merely watching the ball. Only Ichiro and Garciappara have been that successful in recent years using that method.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    Manny Ramirez = ENFP

Chad Billingsley = INFP

Jason Schmidt = Alien

Chan Ho Park = ENTJ

Russell Martin = INTP

Jeff Kent = ISTJ
    I'm sure you enjoyed Manny Ramirez too....

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Miserable View Post
    I'm sure you enjoyed Manny Ramirez too....
    Manny is awesome.

Its been a while since we've had a true blue superstar on the Dodgers.

If I had to choose between a doped Manny, a doped Roger Clemens, and a doped Mark McGwire, I would take Manny if the media didn't come into the factor. But I would consider Roger Clemens if the media did matter, since Clemens would get less media negativity. Of course, I could care less about that because baseball is baseball.

MBTI
    enfp

Hell, I'd take Manny over Barry Bonds too.

Manny over AROD

The only person I'd consider of equal value to Manny would be Pedro or Randy Johnson during the early 2000's. AROD or Pujols is arguably of similiar value too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hell, I'd take Manny over Barry Bonds too.

Manny over AROD

The only person I'd consider of equal value to Manny would be Pedro or Randy Johnson during the early 2000's. AROD or Pujols is arguably of similiar value too.

Manny is awesome.

Its been a while since we've had a true blue superstar on the Dodgers.

If I had to choose between a doped Manny, a doped Roger Clemens, and a doped Mark McGwire, I would take Manny if the media didn't come into the factor. But I would consider Roger Clemens if the media did matter, since Clemens would get less media negativity. Of course, I could care less about that because baseball is baseball.
    Baseball is Baseball when the players that are playing are in the same health conditions, and at the same standards that are set.

I'd only somewhat appreciate Manny Ramirez in the American Leauge, where he could be a Designated Hitter, rather than have him take his time in Left Field. But if I remember right, he was in Left Field most of the time when he was on the Red Sox.

There's been many "true blue superstars" on the Dodgers in last few
    years.

And you're comparing pitchers to players...