• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mount and Blade

fishingdude

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I ran into this game a few weeks ago and haven't been able to put it down. It's a medieval rpg type game and was made by a Turkish couple over the years and it apparently has a good size following. The coolest part about the game is the combat system. You can actually fight from horse back. I know when I first read about it, that didn't sound that cool. I figured I would probably do the ground archer bit like I usually do. But as soon as I got on a horse, I never thought about being a ground archer again. It's hard to explain the sensation of running someone through with a lance at 30 mph riding on a horse. It's really cool and addictive. Have any of you played this game?

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I can't say I have. Have you played Shadow of the Colossus? There are some pretty intense horse-back moments, and it features a beautiful modeled horse. That is one thing I can't get over on some games is how inaccurately horses are animated and modeled.

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Mount & Blade is a cool game. I've been playing it off and on for a year or two now (maybe the best 12? dollars i've spent.)

I usually play as a horse archer type with two handed weapons. If not that then a heavy armor wearer with a big ass sword or axe. ;p I got really good with the bow. Sometimes half of the other army would be dead before they got near my troops.

They used to have a lord of the rings mod for it I enjoyed, it seems they stopped making it though. ;(

fishingdude

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I can't say I have. Have you played Shadow of the Colossus? There are some pretty intense horse-back moments, and it features a beautiful modeled horse. That is one thing I can't get over on some games is how inaccurately horses are animated and modeled.

Yes, I'd have to say the horses are well done in M&B. Shadow of the Colossus? It sounds familiar...Is it that game Adam Sandler was playing in the movie "Reign Over Me"?

Ezion

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've heard of Shadow of the Colussus, though I've never gotten the chance to play it (still want to play Ico).

M&B is a great game, though I can only play it for a couple weeks at a time. Too much of the same thing over and over, but the combat system is a lot of fun.

(As a random derail, there's an online game called Darkfall supposedly pending release that borrows much of M&Bs combat system.)