User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    I

Interesting concept... I like basically every genre of music.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

65 % enjoys reflective and complex music
    73 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
    33 % enjoys fun and simple music
    56 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't think music and MBTI are really linked. I am into Death metal, Viking metal, Black metal, Power metal, Industrial, Techno, Hard rock and a few other random bands. I like anything that's angry most of the time, but if it has a good beat then it's fine. Some of my favorite bands are Amon Amarth, Rhapsody of Fire, Luca Turilli, In Flames, Kamelot, Xandria, Three Days Grace, As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, August Burns Red, Avenged Sevenfold, Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Slipknot, The Acacia Strain, Trivium, Unearth. This doesn't sound like your typical INFP teddy bear's music tastes now does it? My good ISTJ friend also shares a similar music taste. So... Yeah. Not entirely sure how MBTI and music tastes are linked.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't like splitting music into genres, and I try to stay away from forming set notions between music and type, but I think about correlations all the time.

I've been lately looking at how XNFJs weave their listening patterns. They probably interest me the most because it's as if I'm reading a journal or diary, INFJ especially.

INTP music patterns tend to simply baffle me with their complexities, though, and I won't know where to find the loose string to pull.

I know an INTJ who comes off as a really eccentric INFP, listening to albums of people grating rats and screwing. Out there guy, like an unbalanced ENTP behind a cold mask. The rest of you INTJs are boring!

MBTI
    ESFJ

ExFJ

Suede, Blur, The Beatles, The Velvet Underground, Public Enemy, The Rolling Stones, Happy Mondays, Black Grape, The Stone Roses, The Jam, Nick Drake, Elvis Costello, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Lucinda Williams, The Divine Comedy, The Delgados, Delays, Pet Shop Boys, The Pixies, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, The Smiths, Nirvana, Stevie Wonder, The Beach Boys, Al Green, Motown, The Replacements, Love, Fleetwood Mac, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Buzzcocks, Can, The Warlocks, The Shins, Jeff Buckley, Prince, Tricky

I want to have sex with Shimpei's taste in music.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Old thread, but I found this to be interesting. (:

I don't care much for mainstream music really. From what I've examined about myself, I can like a song playing on a pop/rock station or whatever, but it won't stick to me. It'd be just for the moment kinda thing. I used to listen to r&b/rap when I was 12-14. I have no idea why, 'cause I don't really like it now. I know it wasn't peer pressure, but my brain's too lazy to look farther back and examining my past atm. :/ I'm open to all types of music, but.... it's gotta sound smart and have some meaning. If you know what I mean.

I used to listen to visual kei alot as a teen. The genre appealed to me both aesthetically (songs had alotta emotion in it, and vis bands always dressed up. I found the prettiness fascinating), but I always got tired of it after a few days of listening because it would all sound the same to me after. I also listened to alot of metal. Dunno why either... lol. I still listen to it, but rarely now. I do like screaming in some songs. It's a nice twist.

My bf (isfp also) likes listening to alot of complex stuff. He's into the punk genre too and plays as rhythm guitarist for his band. He's mainly into eerie sounds... like stuff from Heavens, and Avenged Sevenfold (he LOVES a7x). He makes fun of Dragonforce 'cause of their song names and suckage level when they play live. Otherwise, he thinks they make overall decent music (when recorded... lol). He pays most of his attention onto sounds... like how well each instrument's played. I'll show him a song on youtube and he'll say "the bass is sex, but the middle part sucks" and etc. Another couple of his fave bands are X Japan and Dir En Grey (Japanese metal/rock bands). He always fanatics on how the bassist's skills are so amazing.

And I'm not gonna say stuff about my music selection, 'cause it's basically the same thing as what I said about his. We're practically twins in everything. XD
    Both of what we listen to ties to the mood we feel at the moment. Happy feelings, happy music, etc. I like songs that can make me cry and feel. Lols. If the lyrics fit the tone, then that's great. Makes me cry some more. It has to be acoustic or just voice alone though or it won't have any effect on me. XD

Also, classical and experimental music is for the win. I LOVE listening to instrumental stuff from time to time. I have a whole bunch of soundtracks from some of my favorite foreign films. Yann Tierson and Yuruma are great. (:

I'd also love to relearn guitar, but I want an acoustic. I'm not very partial to my electric one anymore... :|

This guy inspired me:
    YouTube - Say Anything Alive with the Glory of Love Cover

I love his energy and emotion. It fits the song so well.
    [Say Anything is my favorite band. I love how raunchy and down to earth their lyrics can get and how amazing music is :'D]

MBTI
    enfp

i've only just started learning about personality types. i'm enfp and i like to write songs. looking back over the songs i've written they're all so enfp.

here's one i wrote a while back, i don't think u can get any more enfp than this:

one of these days
    i'm gonna clean this house
    i'm gonna shine like one
    of those desperate housewives
    you see on t.v.
    yeah that'll be me
    hoover underneath the couch
    you watch me
    one of these days.

one of these days
    i'm gonna paint my room
    paint a picture of paradise
    so good to wake up to
    and hop into the shower
    not hang around for hours
    thinkin one of these days.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

I think type has a bit to do with music preference, but not a whole lot.

Anyway, I'm an INFP and my favories are:

Blur
    Gorillaz
    The Beatles
    Coldplay
    Elvis Costello
    The Killers
    Graham Coxon (Blur guitarist)
    Oingo Boingo
    Simon and Garfunkle
    U2
    The Automatics

And several Japanese artists.
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Well, my ESTP brother, INTJ brother, and me, ISFP all grew up adoring Morrissey (INFJ). I don't think there's a correlation. It's more about your social circles and generation, etc. My ISFJ boyfriend and I like a vast array of music, because we're musicians and listen to a lot of different kinds and are familiar with making it and playing it and listening. It's broadened our interests, being so involved with it. It just doesn't have to do with type, I don't think...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I think there's a correlation between type and music, but that correlation is probably overshadowed by the fact that different types can get different things out of the same piece of music.

(A few of) my personal favorites:

Michael Nyman
    Enya
    Gregorian
    Yuki Kajiura
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]