User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Im not so much in to mainstream music, in my opinion its garbage for the most part (I mean no offense to those who like it), "shake it like a salt shaka", come on should the youth really be in to this shit? I actually heard a 5 year old kid singing those lyrics! And the girls of America have Brittany Spears as role model...sad.

I like more underground stuff...& instrumental music (lots of electronic stuff) where the music can change your mood. I like all kinds of stuff, just not mainstream american pop music.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

as an ENFP/INFP I can't stand most pop music (with exceptions). I like trance, rennaissance-esque music, opera (all types; baroque, bel canto, verismo, german romantic, italian romantic, you name it). i also like nightwish, evanescence, lady gaga (people can hate all they want but this bitch is crazy and I'm down), and any music that's epic. surprisingly, I love good rap like chamillionaire, ludacris or P Diddy.
    PS: some of my extreme dislikes are: country (however I do like folk music like John Denver or Peter Paul and Mary), auto tune high bitched black dude vocals (for lack of a distinct genre), indy music, contemporary christian music (I am a christian, but contemporary christian music is SOO plain), rock, screamo, or any music that sounds pathetic and weak emotionally (perhaps this is an introverted feeling thing, but I have no respect for people who are weak mentally). I wouldn't say I "hate" any type of music tho, as long as it's real music that is communicating something honest

MBTI
    EPIC

I like fast music. If it's not fast, it had better have some good instrumentals and be passionate with a good tune. I like music with singing more than not. If I can make out the singer, I won't like anything with lyrics I don't like. If I can't make them out, the singer is just another instrument, albeit a main one. I like either aggressive or passionate singers. I also like songs to have a lot of changes and not be just the same sound the whole time. I don't really know my type, but it seems most likely INTP, INTJ, ISTP, or ISTJ.

Favorite bands (alphabetical since that's how Windows sorts them)

Dream Theater is my favorite. Then:

Adagio
    After Forever
    Air
    Angra
    Ayreon
    Blind Guardian
    Central ARC
    Children of Bodom
    Demons & Wizards
    Disturbed
    DragonForce
    Evergrey
    Finntroll
    Flogging Molly
    Into Eternity
    Jamiroquai
    Kamelot
    Korn
    Limp Bizkit
    Linkin Park
    Machinae Supremacy
    Marilyn Manson
    Mindless Self Indulgence
    múm
    Muse
    Nightwish
    Pain of Salvation
    Powerman 5000
    Rammstein
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Rob Zombie
    Savatage
    Slipknot
    Sonata Arctica
    Spheric Universe Experience
    Spiral Architect
    Stratovarius
    Suspyre
    Symphony X
    System of a Down
    Tenacious D
    The Black Mages
    The Mars Volta
    Therion
    They Might Be Giants
    Tristania
    Twelvestep
    Van Helsing's Curse
    Vanden Plas
    Warmen
    "Weird Al" Yankovic
    Within Temptation
    X JAPAN
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that because you think you're FAT? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to."

Music listening habits

MBTI
    ISFJ

I think type might affect it somewhat, but it would only be visible if everyone consumed huge quantities of different music and we would then check for tendencies.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I just like what I like. There is no real correlation between my songs. They don't all have the same genre, they're not from the same artists either. When you look in my MP3 player, you can find old rock songs, nineties' pop songs, obscure stuff, songs that I picked up from movies that no one else knows, nearly everything. And let's take a look at Alicia Keys, for example: I slightly dislike her total oeuvre, some of her songs I just can't stand at all and hurt my ears, but she made some amazing songs too. I turn off the radio or I hide my ears when I hear "You don't know my name", but when "No one" is on, I always turn the volume up. Same with most artists. There are very few artists whose total oeuvre I like, but when I listen to a channel where they only broadcast things from their genre, I dislike many songs I hear too.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

88 % enjoys reflective and complex music
    0 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
    33 % enjoys fun and simple music
    12 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

I like classical music and jazz and celtic music and medieval music. I like to hear classical guitar music. I like show tunes. Also, I like atonal music and some of the more experimental symphonic music. Native American music is awesome, especially flutes. I also like opera. My favorite instruments are oboes, bassoons, clarinets, and flutes. Oh... and pianos, of course!
    I am in three choral groups, so I love to sing. I'll definitely sing along with my favorite music.
    Some of the musical groups that I like are Celtic Woman and Cherish the Ladies. Also I like Loreena McKennitt's music.
    Some favorite composers: Chopin, Debussy, Ravel...
    I don't listen to most rock or heavy metal music because it hurts my ears.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think it only deals with how or what they listen for in music rather then what kind of music. Like an NT would listen for the technical side of the music while an NF would look for the emotional side.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by master-G View Post
    I think it only deals with how or what they listen for in music rather then what kind of music. Like an NT would listen for the technical side of the music while an NF would look for the emotional side.
    I tend to give more attention to the emotional side and I am an NT. I dunno, I find it kind of boring to pay too much attention to technicalities. I primarily listen to music to bring out my repressed F side I guess.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I have no doubt that type is a strong influence on musical taste and the kind of music they create. SPs are much more likely to be into club music than SJs for example. SJs are much more likely to be into classical. If you ask an NF what their favorite song is it will usually be something that they feel is deeply meaningful. For a Ti primary it would be more likely to be something that's technically impressive.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I tend to give more attention to the emotional side and I am an NT. I dunno, I find it kind of boring to pay too much attention to technicalities. I primarily listen to music to bring out my repressed F side I guess.
    Does anyone really just listen to the "technical" side of music? That sounds dreadfully dull. "Oh yes, I enjoy this song because of the 3/4 time signature and syncopation."

Music is all about the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottJames View Post
    I have no doubt that type is a strong influence on musical taste and the kind of music they create. SPs are much more likely to be into club music than SJs for example. SJs are much more likely to be into classical. If you ask an NF what their favorite song is it will usually be something that they feel is deeply meaningful. For a Ti primary it would be more likely to be something that's technically impressive.
    Well considering the majority of the world is SJ, I wouldn't say we are more prone to liking classical music...otherwise you'd see a lot more people listening to it.

As an SJ, I tend to really dislike classical music...especially because I had to play it for ~10 years on the piano.

Ironically, I tend to listen to music about love and I've never been in love with anyone before.