User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 60

Thread: Do You Sing?

  1. #31
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Y'all should post videos of yourselves singing. If 3 people do it, I'll do it. (Keep in mind, I've never taken a lesson, sung in a band, and likely suck nuts.)
    Hehehe, maybe once my cold is gone and my Tenor roommate isn't around to poke fun at me.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #32
    Fight For Freedom FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Probably Baritone like me then, I work with both the treble octive down and the base depending on the piece. Do you know if people still like the lower sounds or do the girls only screem for the screachy Tenors?
    I read recently that the tenors make up almost all popular singers. That's about all I know.

    I do have a video of me singing and playing guitar, but it's from a few months ago. The singing really is that good in it. I didn't know the singing well enough, so I got some notes on the ends of lines wrong.

  3. #33
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Some people say I have a choir voice even though I haven't done any since elementary My voice is usually too high for most pop songs, around mezzo soprano? . I sing along with the radio but only if I'm alone. Usually I have to transpose most things an octave above.

    Not sure if I'll feel comfortable with posting recordings Edahn.

    Edit:
    Nearly forgotten... if you want to work on your singing, the first thing you should practice is breathing. What you want to do is to slowly push air out from your diaphragm. Practice just singing single sustained notes. Keeping it clear and holding it for as long as you can.

  4. #34
    Fight For Freedom FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Edit:
    Nearly forgotten... if you want to work on your singing, the first thing you should practice is breathing. What you want to do is to slowly push air out from your diaphragm. Practice just singing single sustained notes. Keeping it clear and holding it for as long as you can.
    Hey. That's helpful. Now I see how breathing (from the diaphragm) relates to singing. Before I didn't seem to be breathing out much at all.

  5. #35
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    I read recently that the tenors make up almost all popular singers. That's about all I know.

    I do have a video of me singing and playing guitar, but it's from a few months ago. The singing really is that good in it. I didn't know the singing well enough, so I got some notes on the ends of lines wrong.
    Tenors do make up most popular singers.

    Crash Test Dummies is the only real bass(? bass or baritone?) lead singer I can think of.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  6. #36
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Y'all should post videos of yourselves singing. If 3 people do it, I'll do it. (Keep in mind, I've never taken a lesson, sung in a band, and likely suck nuts.)
    I'd do it. I've posted a clip before, when I mimicked Dido for the Gauntlet. I could do another crappy home recording job.

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Probably Baritone like me then, I work with both the treble octive down and the base depending on the piece. Do you know if people still like the lower sounds or do the girls only screem for the screachy Tenors?
    I prefer lower voices. There are a few guy singers with high ranges that I like, but I generally like lower voices, male or female.
    Something Witty

  7. #37
    Fight For Freedom FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Tenors do make up most popular singers.

    Crash Test Dummies is the only real bass(? bass or baritone?) lead singer I can think of.
    Well, how do you figure out what a singer is?

  8. #38
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    I do kind of sing. I take a vocal jazz course at school and I've entered various singing competitions in the past. And like, I plan to become a rock star...so yeah.

    Lol I'm actually a low alto. My music teacher originally thought I might be a contra-alto, but I'm not. I just have a pretty low voice for a chick. I sometimes decide to sing with the tenor guys during vocal jazz hehe, and in choirs I can do soprano. I generally just alternate between alto and tenor, depending on which part I think is cooler. So yeah, my range is pretty tricked out.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  9. #39
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I prefer lower voices. There are a few guy singers with high ranges that I like, but I generally like lower voices, male or female.
    Same here. In other words TYLER CONNOLLY ( ) of Theory of a Deadman, or Mika Nakashima.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  10. #40
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    *looks up* Damn it I may need to get unsick quick so I can sing!

    I just would rather only have it acessible to people on the board...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. Do You Play An Instrument? Sing? Write Songs? Click Here!
    By Spruce Bringsteen in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-26-2016, 03:54 PM
  2. How do you normally identify posts' authors?
    By Brendan in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-22-2015, 05:18 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 08:25 AM
  4. What songs do you sing in the shower?
    By BlueScreen in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 10:44 PM
  5. [NF] Do you care how others feel?
    By Alienclock in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO