• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

girlnamedbless

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Did anyone else see this? I really like this movie. I've seen it twice already.
I typed the guy as INT? and I typed the hotel room itself as INTJ... "the mastermind" of course.
I do recommend seeing this, because it's genuinely scary. None of that fake crap with things popping out. The ending was great too.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Did anyone else see this? I really like this movie. I've seen it twice already.
I typed the guy as INT? and I typed the hotel room itself as INTJ... "the mastermind" of course.
I do recommend seeing this, because it's genuinely scary. None of that fake crap with things popping out. The ending was great too.

Let me just cut to the chase here. Did Lloyd Dobler take his shirt off at any point?

Seriously though, I've been meaning to see this. And moreso now that you've posted about it. I'm intrigued by the room having a personality of its own.

I always perk up when a thriller-type movie is rated PG-13, because that's a good sign it's more of a Hitchcock you-don't-get-to-see-everything scariness than an OMG-he-had-to-cut-off-his-own-foot-on-screen scariness. The Ring, for example, was one of my favorites. The Others falls into that category as well.

girlnamedbless

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Let me just cut to the chase here. Did Lloyd Dobler take his shirt off at any point?

Seriously though, I've been meaning to see this. And moreso now that you've posted about it. I'm intrigued by the room having a personality of its own.

I always perk up when a thriller-type movie is rated PG-13, because that's a good sign it's more of a Hitchcock you-don't-get-to-see-everything scariness than an OMG-he-had-to-cut-off-his-own-foot-on-screen scariness. The Ring, for example, was one of my favorites. The Others falls into that category as well.

Haha, no, sadly John's shirt stayed on the whole time. Yeah, the hotel room definitely does have its own personality.. rather creepy.

The Ring and The Others are my favorites, as well. But I also enjoy the Saw series. I'm a sucker for twisted/surpirsing endings, and that's what Saw is all about. Plus you can't beat a movie with an INTJ villain. ;)

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I read the short story in Everything's Eventual a few years ago. I'd probably go see it just for John <sigh>.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
Forensic files are re-runs tonight :(. I am on my way to the video store now and will look for it. I hate exceptionally gruesome movies so PG-13 is right up my alley!

Last edited:

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The ending is awesome. I thought the whole concept was original enough to keep my attention. And plus John C. And Samuel J. are like my main dudes.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
I liked more the idea itself than the movie. But I was impressed, I don't usually like this type of movies, but I saw this one several times.
I'd say that the guy himself is and INTJ, but the room... the room was plainly evil. Have no idea what type.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I was referring to the scene with the tape at the end.

Ah yeah. If I'm guessing right, I think I prefer the other one. Though both are different from what happens in the story, so it really boils down to opinion. All of them were well done.