User Tag List

12 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Default Electronic music production

Is anyone else here into electronic music production? Do you use hardware or software or both? What programs and equipment do you use?

Right now I'm mainly using FL Studio, but I've been messing around with Reason. But I want to get an iMac and use Logic, a really nice program. For sounds I use a lot of Soundfonts, but want to start using more VSTi's. I have a Roland V6 electronic drum kit, which I like, but I still usually program the drums manually.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

no...but i love it so...i'll have to check out your link i guess
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Wise decision.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

ooohhh...it just started but sounds very cool!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

thanks

MBTI
    INTJ

Yes. I run Buzz on a Linux system. Believe it or not, it actually works pretty well. What's even more amazing is that Buzz, which is native to windows, runs better under wine in Linux. Though I'd prefer to use hardware synthesizers and sequencers, it's more fun that way, in my opinion at least.

(Though honestly, I prefer instruments with mechanical oscillators rather than their electronic counterparts, but still, messing around with sequencers and synthesizers is a lot of fun).
    I take no responsibility for my awful english.

Yes.

I want to get myself a Reactable
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

I'm having a hard time mixing my tracks properly. I know there's no "right way," but there still kind of is, and I can't seem to get my tracks to sound organic and fluid. The tracks sound good when I formulate them in my head and I have a pretty good idea of how I want the finished product to sound. It might be that I lack a good set of monitor speakers or headphones but it really isn't in my budget at the moment.

Would appreciate some advice or feedback. This is the most recent track I've been working on:

Intergalactic Cruise Ship [Rough Mix] by Xenodroid | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I'm trying to get out of the trap of just repeating the same loops over and over, like I would do on my earlier tracks, as it sounded redundant and too mechanical and lifeless. I try to add some variation in the loops to give a sense of life (for instance, I alternate between two separate loops for the snare and kick track on this song), and I like to record some of the "instruments" live against playback of the rhythm tracks, then go back and tweak the "live" tracks or line them up where necessary. The organ track was recorded "live" then I went back and chopped it up, taking my favorite sections and rearranging them. Sometimes I think recording and arranging against a grid in a DAW can limit electronic producers as they want to make their music sound too "perfect" and syncopated.

I think I made the bass too loud.

help a bro out with some mixing feedback

improved mix and EQ, rearranged a few elements to add space and build element of anticipation.

Intergalactic Cruise Ship [mix 2] by Xenodroid | Free Listening on SoundCloud