• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nirvana...the band

Harlow_Jem

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Who else here has absolute love for Nirvana? I'm listening to Do Re Mi and it's orgasmic.

Nirvana--Do Re Mi
YouTube - Nirvana - Do Re Mi

nirvana.jpg

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
The only Seattle band I could say I loved was Alice in Chains. Nirvana was okay, but too (hmmm...I can't think of the right word) for me to really get into them.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Nirvana's been my favorite band since middle school. Kurt Cobain was a rhythmical genius, finding beats and tunes that could repetitively get stuck in your head and become your absolute background music to the soul.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember when Cobain killed himself and the local student newspaper ran an editorial asking why it couldn't be Eddie Vedder.

LOL

Nirvana was groundbreaking in their ability to meld punk with catchy anthems. Some bands in the 80s got close, but not like Nirvana. Even Sonic Youth saw their potential. Still, I have a hard time believeing they ever got THAT big.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I remember when Cobain killed himself and the local student newspaper ran an editorial asking why it couldn't be Eddie Vedder.

LOL

Nirvana was groundbreaking in their ability to meld punk with catchy anthems. Some bands in the 80s got close, but not like Nirvana. Even Sonic Youth saw their potential. Still, I have a hard time believeing they ever got THAT big.

I have an easier time believing that than I do believing that Hootie & the Blowfish were, briefly, the biggest band in the world.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

That would've made more sense. Pearl Jam's music just went to hell after Ten (haven't really kept up with it after Vitology), but Nirvana was still good on In Utero.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Nirvana's been my favorite band since middle school. Kurt Cobain was a rhythmical genius, finding beats and tunes that could repetitively get stuck in your head and become your absolute background music to the soul.

With a twist of lemon! ;)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type

LOL

They were going pretty far off the radar when Cobain died, which was arguably intentional, because Cobain hated most of the kids who bought his records!

Anyway, I adore Nirvana, but I hate Butch Vig, so I have trouble listening to Nevermind anymore. Incesticide is "The Essential Nirvana."

Here's a fav. performance of mine. Cobain's guitar or amp fails halfway through. YouTube - Nirvana - Drain You (live)

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Dude, Drain You and Aneurysm are my favorite Nirvana songs

I think Krist Novoselic becoming a politician was just as big a surprise as Cobain dying.

During MTV Unplugged, inbetween songs:

Random guy in crowd: MTV Sucks!
Kurt, tuning his guitar, looks up: Then why are you here?

[youtube=BJWldQbi9D8]Nirvana - Talk to Me, Live 1991[/youtube]
^one of the less known songs that I truly enjoy, of course you have to be a Nirvanaholic to really like it. :shock: i think, anyways. You folk may surprise me.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Nirvana was an amazing band, a close second to Alice In Chains for me. (Not a Pearl Jam fan though).

Favorite Songs: Lithium, You Know You're Right, Come As You Are, Rape Me and their cover of D-7.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Nirvana was an amazing band, a close second to Alice In Chains for me. (Not a Pearl Jam fan though).

Favorite Songs: Lithium, You Know You're Right, Come As You Are, Rape Me and their cover of D-7.

:nice:

You can't forget about early Nirvana neither, like Pencapchew, Born in a Junkyard, Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flowing Through The Strip, concert version of Autopilot(aka; You Know You're Right)... The good shit!

For me Nirvana was one of the most REAL bands,...

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
You can't forget about early Nirvana neither, like Pencapchew, Born in a Junkyard, Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flowing Through The Strip, concert version of Autopilot(aka; You Know You're Right)... The good shit!

I've got all of it, haha. (Amazing what you can find with some hunting on the internet) Bleach was a good album as well.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
does anyone know how i get " Endless, Nameless " off the internet - legally

lookingglassworld

MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
3w4
Heart-shaped box isn't too bad. Dave Grohl in the Foo Fighters. One of my favorite groups besides Nirvana.