• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tim Burton

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Who else here loves his movies?

I've seen six so far: Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Batman, Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish, and most recently Sweeney Todd. I'm waiting to see Batman Returns, Ed Wood and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. (What would Burton do without Johnny Depp, I wonder?)

From the surrealistic sets in Edward Scissorhands to the morbid humor in Sweeney Todd, Burton' best films exhibit an unusual perfectionism that is rarely seen together with such vivid imagination. His habit of working with the same people in varying films (Danny Elfman, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter) adds to the appearance of extreme versatility. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with Alice in Wonderland.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Pee Wee & Batman are awesome. He gets too..."not my kind of weird" in a lot of the others. I made it about three minutes into Sweeney Todd before I shut it off.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Beetlejuice is my favorite. I also like Mars Attacks. (Neither of which starred Johnny Depp.)

And no, I didn't like Planet of the Apes.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I’m a fan of his dark humour.

Also Nightmare before Christmas :nice:

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
:D
He's possibly my favorite film-maker ever. The fact he uses the awesomely hot, talented Johnny Depp in [six?] films pushed aside--- he's creative. The use of his dark, twisted, yet beautiful imagination seems top-form in just about every film I've seen. I was reeled in by 'Edward Scissorhands'-- one of the most wonderful stories ever told [in my humble opinion :wub: ]. I seriously watched the hell out of that movie as a kid and I am loathe to turn it off if I see it being played on TV.

I've seen quite a few of his films-- I can't seem to pass one up and if I haven't seen one, I make an effort to remedy that [though there are plenty I've yet to see--and some which I liked a little less than others, but still thought of as well-made :) ]

My personal list:
  • Pee-wee
  • Edward Scissorhands
  • Batman [first two wasn't it?]
  • Beetlejuice
  • James and the Giant Peach
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas [ftw!]
  • Corpse Bride
  • Sweeny Todd
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  • Mars Attacks!
  • Planet of the Apes

I'm ashamed that I haven't seen Sleepy Hollow yet, I'm long overdue but I'm sure I'll love it :)

SO looking forward to Alice in Wonderland. After Depp's performance as Willy Wonka, I can only imagine his and Tim Burton's rendition of the Mad Hatter :D

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does anyone ever wonder why a number of Tim Burton movies have a main character named Edward?

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Does anyone ever wonder why a number of Tim Burton movies have a main character named Edward?

:huh:

Maybe he just really likes that name?? Or maybe...he hadn't realized he'd done such a thing until pointed out :D

I forgot--adding 'Big Fish' to my list [ADORED it!]

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Pee Wee & Batman are awesome. He gets too..."not my kind of weird" in a lot of the others. I made it about three minutes into Sweeney Todd before I shut it off.

You have a problem with musicals? What are you, gay or something?

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think Sweeney Todd is the best musical I've seen. (I don't like musicals all that much, but Sweeney Todd turned out to be one of my favorite movies.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Burton is also making a movie adaptation of Dark Shadows, with Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Tim Burton is 'the man' as they say. I've liked almost every movie he's ever made. If I was into collecting useless crap, I'd procure all of his films and probably action figures as well.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm just tired of the Burton/Depp collaborations. A lot of their movies together are the same.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
He's amazing. I was a fan of his work by the time I was 5. The first film I saw was Frankenweenie and that made me a die hard fan. Then I saw The Nightmare before Christmas (before the emo kids called it their own..pfft).

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm guessing Burton is INT- of some sort. He likes to "mind fuck" the audience. Unlike say Cronenberg (guessing ISTP), who messes with your senses by showing you gross stuff. Then you have an INFJ director like David Lynch who makes "WTF" movies. And then there is xSTJ director like John Ford, who made the same movie over and over again.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm guessing Burton is INT- of some sort. He likes to "mind fuck" the audience. Unlike say Cronenberg (guessing ISTP), who messes with your senses by showing you gross stuff. Then you have an INFJ director like David Lynch who makes "WTF" movies. And then there is xSTJ director like John Ford, who made the same movie over and over again.

Good point. David Lynch is the man. He definitely makes "wtf "movies lol but they're so awesome. I've only seen some of Cronenberg's Crash and I thought it was strange.