User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Thread: Hockey?

MBTI
    ISTx

So I found out that there is a ice rink not too far away that offers adult skate lessons as well as hockey lessons. I'm gonna do it.

MBTI
    ISTx

There hasn't been any activity here in a while.

What's new people? How is your team doing? Been to any games lately?

My team, the San Jose Sharks have won 13 of their last 14 games. I'm obviously very pleased about that. It sucks living on the east coast and not getting to see almost any Sharks games though. No shortage of 'Canes games but that's not who I want to watch .

The Sharks are currently first in their division (Pacific) and second in their conference (right behind the Detroit Red Wings). I hope the Penguins get a chance to play the Sharks in the playoffs (one of my best friends is from Pittsburgh and we like to be competitive with our teams) so the Sharks can stomp them.

MBTI
    INTj

"The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

The Sharks are on an absolutely red-hot roll. But you have to worry about their playoff history...traditionally they tend to underachieve in the playoffs.

My team is making me pull my hair out. The Flyers sit very tenuously in the 8th and last playoff spot in the East. Normally I'd be happy since they had the very worst record in the NHL last year. But they were SO good early in the season that it feels disappointing. I hate sports! :steam:
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    The Sharks are on an absolutely red-hot roll. But you have to worry about their playoff history...traditionally they tend to underachieve in the playoffs.

My team is making me pull my hair out. The Flyers sit very tenuously in the 8th and last playoff spot in the East. Normally I'd be happy since they had the very worst record in the NHL last year. But they were SO good early in the season that it feels disappointing. I hate sports! :steam:
    =/

Do you think I'll be able to catch Sharks playoffs games here on the east coast?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    =/

Do you think I'll be able to catch Sharks playoffs games here on the east coast?
    I know that Versus will be carrying some games in the early rounds, but of course at this point you can't tell what teams they'll feature. The Stanley Cup Finals will be split between Versus and NBC, with Versus getting Games 1&2, and NBC getting the rest. I suspect the NHL Network may carry some playoff games, as they carried regular season games, but I'm not sure.

Unless you have DirecTV though, you probably don't get the NHL Network, and maybe not Versus either.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

I get Versus here, the rest of the games I watch are on FSN. No NHL network.

Do you know when the schedules should be posted for the opening playoff games??? I only started following hockey this past year so... I'm kind of a noob.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    I get Versus here, the rest of the games I watch are on FSN. No NHL network.

Do you know when the schedules should be posted for the opening playoff games??? I only started following hockey this past year so... I'm kind of a noob.
    Well, not until the season is over, because the matchups won't be set until then. The last day of the regular season is April 6. I'm sure that by that night, NHL.com will have all the matchups, dates and times.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTj

Yeah. I'm sorry, but I'm going to need the Flyers to keep losing. My Capitals are two points behind them at the moment, and they need that last spot. Thanks.

MBTI
    ISTx

Well, not until the season is over, because the matchups won't be set until then. The last day of the regular season is April 6. I'm sure that by that night, NHL.com will have all the matchups, dates and times.
    Thanks!