• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
So I found out that there is a ice rink not too far away that offers adult skate lessons as well as hockey lessons. I'm gonna do it. :party2:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
There hasn't been any activity here in a while.

What's new people? How is your team doing? Been to any games lately?

My team, the San Jose Sharks have won 13 of their last 14 games. I'm obviously very pleased about that. It sucks living on the east coast and not getting to see almost any Sharks games though. No shortage of 'Canes games but that's not who I want to watch :mad:.

The Sharks are currently first in their division (Pacific) and second in their conference (right behind the Detroit Red Wings). I hope the Penguins get a chance to play the Sharks in the playoffs (one of my best friends is from Pittsburgh and we like to be competitive with our teams) so the Sharks can stomp them. :devil:

MBTI Type
INTJ
The Sharks are on an absolutely red-hot roll. But you have to worry about their playoff history...traditionally they tend to underachieve in the playoffs.

My team is making me pull my hair out. The Flyers sit very tenuously in the 8th and last playoff spot in the East. Normally I'd be happy since they had the very worst record in the NHL last year. But they were SO good early in the season that it feels disappointing. I hate sports! :steam:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
The Sharks are on an absolutely red-hot roll. But you have to worry about their playoff history...traditionally they tend to underachieve in the playoffs.

My team is making me pull my hair out. The Flyers sit very tenuously in the 8th and last playoff spot in the East. Normally I'd be happy since they had the very worst record in the NHL last year. But they were SO good early in the season that it feels disappointing. I hate sports! :steam:
=/

Do you think I'll be able to catch Sharks playoffs games here on the east coast?

MBTI Type
INTJ
=/

Do you think I'll be able to catch Sharks playoffs games here on the east coast?

I know that Versus will be carrying some games in the early rounds, but of course at this point you can't tell what teams they'll feature. The Stanley Cup Finals will be split between Versus and NBC, with Versus getting Games 1&2, and NBC getting the rest. I suspect the NHL Network may carry some playoff games, as they carried regular season games, but I'm not sure.

Unless you have DirecTV though, you probably don't get the NHL Network, and maybe not Versus either.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I get Versus here, the rest of the games I watch are on FSN. No NHL network. :(

Do you know when the schedules should be posted for the opening playoff games??? I only started following hockey this past year so... I'm kind of a noob.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I get Versus here, the rest of the games I watch are on FSN. No NHL network. :(

Do you know when the schedules should be posted for the opening playoff games??? I only started following hockey this past year so... I'm kind of a noob.

Well, not until the season is over, because the matchups won't be set until then. The last day of the regular season is April 6. I'm sure that by that night, NHL.com will have all the matchups, dates and times.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj

Yeah. I'm sorry, but I'm going to need the Flyers to keep losing. My Capitals are two points behind them at the moment, and they need that last spot. Thanks.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Well, not until the season is over, because the matchups won't be set until then. The last day of the regular season is April 6. I'm sure that by that night, NHL.com will have all the matchups, dates and times.
Thanks!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Thanks!

Yeah. I'm sorry, but I'm going to need the Flyers to keep losing. My Capitals are two points behind them at the moment, and they need that last spot. Thanks.
lumbergh1.jpg

typo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Are you a hockey fan?

From what I have gathered as a Canadian: Hockey + playoffs = not now.

Does this also mean that you are a hockey fan? Or does your use of "gathered" imply a passive, unavoidable interest?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Lumbergh is not a Caps fan. He would have to be a fan of a team from the Sun Belt that has no history at all. Let's say...Phoenix Coyotes?

(I could have said Sharks, but I laid off.)

Also, the Caps and Sabres are hereby invited to stay exactly where they are. THX.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Lumbergh is not a Caps fan. He would have to be a fan of a team from the Sun Belt that has no history at all. Let's say...Phoenix Coyotes?

(I could have said Sharks, but I laid off.)

Also, the Caps and Sabres are hereby invited to stay exactly where they are. THX.
I wouldn't have figured Lumbergh to be a Caps fan, it's just the way notaprettygirl made her request, it was very Lumbergh-esque and it immediately made me envision a picture of the man. hah

P.S.
The Sharks beat Anaheim last night. I smell a Stanley. ;)

alicia91

Big hockey fan here! Took me 7 years on a wait-list but I finally got seasons tickets at Joe Louis last year.

Go Red Wings!!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Big hockey fan here! Took me 7 years on a wait-list but I finally got seasons tickets at Joe Louis last year.

Go Red Wings!!

That's freakin' awesome. Congrats. I think it was this thread that I mentioned (and posted pictures) of the San Jose Sharks games I went to sitting in row 1, right on the glass. My aunt and uncle have had season passes to those seats since the Sharks went to San Jose (16 years or something. I'm real jealous.). Really nice arena.

I already posted pics before but I'll just post this one 4 the hell of it:
imag0013wq7.jpg

alicia91

Very cool!! Great seats - I'm jealous. Mine are up in nose-bleed territory, and I wasn't offered a good move-down option this year - hopefully next year. At Joe Louis it takes years to move down. But I'm just happy to be there.

S

sammy

Very cool!! Great seats - I'm jealous. Mine are up in nose-bleed territory, and I wasn't offered a good move-down option this year - hopefully next year. At Joe Louis it takes years to move down. But I'm just happy to be there.
Heck, even nose-bleed seats at the Joe are great! Well, at least we have those center screens :)

Ah man, I'm craving a good Wings game something fierce. How often do you go?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

Heck, even nose-bleed seats at the Joe are great! Well, at least we have those center screens :)

Yeah, I can only imagine the demand for Red Wings seats. Maybe we (San Jose Sharks) will see you guys in the playoffs.

;)

alicia91

Maybe we (San Jose Sharks) will see you guys in the playoffs.

Sounds like fun!

Me too. I'm going this Friday to see the Wings play St. Louis. I usually go every other week. In between my husband takes clients to games.