Thread: Hockey?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Did you see Jaromir Jagr get his teeth knocked out by the puck the other night?

Nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Did you see Jaromir Jagr get his teeth knocked out by the puck the other night?

Nasty!
    Those guys are nutso. I can't believe that more of them don't wear facial protection. Of course, since he's a Ranger I didn't shed any tears

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    Those guys are nutso. I can't believe that more of them don't wear facial protection. Of course, since he's a Ranger I didn't shed any tears
    no kidding. and then they dive to block shots--what are they thinking?! put a cage on!
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I follow the Wings and the Canes, but I do keep an eye on Tomas Kaberle in Toronto.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISTx

I wish I had learned to ice skate/play hockey. Sport looks like a blast. I love to watch.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    I wish I had learned to ice skate/play hockey. Sport looks like a blast. I love to watch.
    I got to watch from third row seats when the Wings and Canes played the last year Yzerman was on the roster. That was really great. I couldn't ever play the game though -- hahaha, I'm just too small.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I got to watch from third row seats when the Wings and Canes played the last year Yzerman was on the roster. That was really great. I couldn't ever play the game though -- hahaha, I'm just too small.
    Haha. It's a rough sport indeed. I really enjoy it when the players get smashed into the walls. I dunno why. I need to go to a Canes game. They are doing really well this season. I honestly don't care for the team buuuut, hockey is hockey. It'd be rad to catch em when they play the Sharks.

There's nothing like live hockey. I've taken a couple of hockey virgins to their first game, and I love watching their reactions. I took a mild mannered girl to a hockey game once and Oleg Tverdosky took a cheap shot at Teemu Selanne. Tverdosky and another Duck circled each other and my mild mannered friend yelled "Are you going to dance with him or punch him!?" Another convert to the fold

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Haha. It's a rough sport indeed. I really enjoy it when the players get smashed into the walls. I dunno why. I need to go to a Canes game. They are doing really well this season. I honestly don't care for the team buuuut, hockey is hockey. It'd be rad to catch em when they play the Sharks.
    Ah! You like San Jose! Anyone players in particular? I'm still a big fan of Irbe and he was a back-up goalie for the Sharks a million years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    There's nothing like live hockey. I've taken a couple of hockey virgins to their first game, and I love watching their reactions. I took a mild mannered girl to a hockey game once and Oleg Tverdosky took a cheap shot at Teemu Selanne. Tverdosky and another Duck circled each other and my mild mannered friend yelled "Are you going to dance with him or punch him!?" Another convert to the fold
    LOL!! That's especially funny because Teemu is so even-keeled. I don;t believe I've ever watched him fight?? Tverdovsky never really gelled with the league. He played in Carolina for a short time, but there were always major issues with him.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Ah! You like San Jose! Anyone players in particular? I'm still a big fan of Irbe and he was a back-up goalie for the Sharks a million years ago.

LOL!! That's especially funny because Teemu is so even-keeled. I don;t believe I've ever watched him fight?? Tverdovsky never really gelled with the league. He played in Carolina for a short time, but there were always major issues with him.
    I'm from the East bay area of CA, so yeah I'm kind of a Sharks fan by default. I really haven't followed the sport for long so I wouldn't say I really have any favorite players in particular. I'm trying to learn more though and become better versed in the sport.