User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 314

Thread: Hockey?

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Did you see Jaromir Jagr get his teeth knocked out by the puck the other night?

    Nasty!

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Did you see Jaromir Jagr get his teeth knocked out by the puck the other night?

    Nasty!
    Those guys are nutso. I can't believe that more of them don't wear facial protection. Of course, since he's a Ranger I didn't shed any tears

  3. #23
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    Those guys are nutso. I can't believe that more of them don't wear facial protection. Of course, since he's a Ranger I didn't shed any tears
    no kidding. and then they dive to block shots--what are they thinking?! put a cage on!
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  4. #24
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    I follow the Wings and the Canes, but I do keep an eye on Tomas Kaberle in Toronto.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  5. #25
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    I wish I had learned to ice skate/play hockey. Sport looks like a blast. I love to watch.

  6. #26
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    I wish I had learned to ice skate/play hockey. Sport looks like a blast. I love to watch.
    I got to watch from third row seats when the Wings and Canes played the last year Yzerman was on the roster. That was really great. I couldn't ever play the game though -- hahaha, I'm just too small.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  7. #27
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I got to watch from third row seats when the Wings and Canes played the last year Yzerman was on the roster. That was really great. I couldn't ever play the game though -- hahaha, I'm just too small.
    Haha. It's a rough sport indeed. I really enjoy it when the players get smashed into the walls. I dunno why. I need to go to a Canes game. They are doing really well this season. I honestly don't care for the team buuuut, hockey is hockey. It'd be rad to catch em when they play the Sharks.

  8. #28

    Default

    There's nothing like live hockey. I've taken a couple of hockey virgins to their first game, and I love watching their reactions. I took a mild mannered girl to a hockey game once and Oleg Tverdosky took a cheap shot at Teemu Selanne. Tverdosky and another Duck circled each other and my mild mannered friend yelled "Are you going to dance with him or punch him!?" Another convert to the fold

  9. #29
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Haha. It's a rough sport indeed. I really enjoy it when the players get smashed into the walls. I dunno why. I need to go to a Canes game. They are doing really well this season. I honestly don't care for the team buuuut, hockey is hockey. It'd be rad to catch em when they play the Sharks.
    Ah! You like San Jose! Anyone players in particular? I'm still a big fan of Irbe and he was a back-up goalie for the Sharks a million years ago.


    Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    There's nothing like live hockey. I've taken a couple of hockey virgins to their first game, and I love watching their reactions. I took a mild mannered girl to a hockey game once and Oleg Tverdosky took a cheap shot at Teemu Selanne. Tverdosky and another Duck circled each other and my mild mannered friend yelled "Are you going to dance with him or punch him!?" Another convert to the fold
    LOL!! That's especially funny because Teemu is so even-keeled. I don;t believe I've ever watched him fight?? Tverdovsky never really gelled with the league. He played in Carolina for a short time, but there were always major issues with him.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  10. #30
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Ah! You like San Jose! Anyone players in particular? I'm still a big fan of Irbe and he was a back-up goalie for the Sharks a million years ago.




    LOL!! That's especially funny because Teemu is so even-keeled. I don;t believe I've ever watched him fight?? Tverdovsky never really gelled with the league. He played in Carolina for a short time, but there were always major issues with him.
    I'm from the East bay area of CA, so yeah I'm kind of a Sharks fan by default. I really haven't followed the sport for long so I wouldn't say I really have any favorite players in particular. I'm trying to learn more though and become better versed in the sport.

Similar Threads

  1. World Cup of Hockey
    By mooseantlers in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2016, 09:09 PM
  2. Sidney Crosby (hockey)
    By Forever_Jung in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 03:36 PM
  3. Brendan Burke (son of Leafs GM Brian and first openly gay hockey person) dies
    By Usehername in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 11:06 PM
  4. Hockey
    By LadyJaye in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 248
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 04:15 AM
  5. MBTIc Fantasy Hockey League?
    By nottaprettygal in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 01:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO