User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

Thread: Hockey?

MBTI
    ISTx

God damn Sharks, not on point. God damn Modano.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    So FM, what are you thinking now in regards to the Penguins? Do you think they have the momentum they need to propel them to a Stanley? I'm getting nervous here. I don't wanna spend $120 on my friend. lol
    I would be shocked if the Penguins were not playing in the finals. However, once they're there it'll be tough to beat Detroit or Dallas. Do you have a bet?
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I would be shocked if the Penguins were not playing in the finals. However, once they're there it'll be tough to beat Detroit, Dallas or San Jose. Do you have a bet?
    FYP. I WILL remain optimistic.

Yeah, a bet that I proposed actually -- If the Sharks manage to take the cup this year my friend buys me a SJS jersey (#19 - Joe Thornton ) and if the Penguins win the cup I have to buy him a Crosby jersey...

So there's no guarantee of a winner but the Penguins are way solid and (so far) they're playing like they know that. Playoff angst doesn't seem to have a grip.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Flyers-Habs will be INSANE tonight. I wish I were going. I have to save up for Eastern Conference Finals tickets, though.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

I feel almost stupid saying this, but I still think the Canadiens are dominating the Flyers despite the Flyers' 2-1 series lead. They got outshot 34-14 tonight, and only a career game by Biron and some great shot-blocking kept them in it. They need to crash the net on offense and start clearing the zone better on defense.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

I feel almost stupid saying this, but I still think the Canadiens are dominating the Flyers despite the Flyers' 2-1 series lead. They got outshot 34-14 tonight, and only a career game by Biron and some great shot-blocking kept them in it. They need to crash the net on offense and start clearing the zone better on defense.
    The Canadiens didn't score a goal at even strength the entire game. In fact, I think that they have 3 ES goals in 3 games so far. That is absolutely not getting it done. And more than Biron's great game was Carey Price looking like a beer leaguer (and calling out his own teammates before the game!). If we win Game 4 at home tomorrow, they are in big, big trouble.

MBTI
    ISTx

Sharks are being pathetic. Put them out of their misery. Dallas is giving a shit and the Sharks don't.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Every 2nd round series has been a washout except Flyers-Habs. I really, REALLY hate the Penguins, but I would be mightily proud of the Flyers if they made it to the ECF and lost to a more skilled Pens squad. And I want to see them get blown the fuck out by Detroit or Dallas.

Flyers up 3-1. Who woulda thunk it? If you showed someone the stats of the four games and covered up the score, any reasonable person would think the Canadiens were up 3-1. At least. A couple of timely goals changed everything. The question going into Game 5 is who plays goal for the Habs? There are arguments for and against either Halak or Price, and I'm not sure there's a right or wrong answer. If it were up to me, I'd throw Price in there. Sending in Halak has two outcomes, both bad. If he stinks, you're eliminated. If he's good, you have effectively removed the option of putting Price back in unless there's a complete meltdown, and I don't think anyone will argue that Price is the more talented player.

Nice gutsy win by the Sharks tonight, too. Scoring late in the game on the road to seal the win shows some stones that I didn't think the Sharks had.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Did you guys hear that Sean Avery was rushed to the hospital at the end of the game on the 28th? Early in the game he had a run-in with a Pittsburgh defenseman and continued the rest of the game with a lacerated spleen. He'll be out the rest of the season... Somewhere, in a bar in New Jersey, Brodeur is lifting a pint to this.

Sources: Rangers star Sean Avery hospitalized

Nice gutsy win by the Sharks tonight, too. Scoring late in the game on the road to seal the win shows some stones that I didn't think the Sharks had.

Too bad the Sharkie's fate is right in front of them. Not to say a comeback isn't possible, just not likely. =/