User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

Thread: Hockey?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I didn't get to see the game because it wasn't on Versus, but the replay of the disputed Montreal goal I saw on ESPN shows that the player's stick slammed down onto the crossbar after tipping the puck in. Why isn't that evidence that the stick was above the crossbar when it hit the puck? The Richards clip does seem to show that he led with his shoulder, but that's a bang-bang kind of thing that the officials just miss sometimes. The disputed goal is something they had a chance to review on video and still did not correct.

I'm not going to complain too loudly because I did listen to the game on the radio and it sounded as if the Canadiens pretty much carried the play throughout the game. Still, it hurts to lose one that the Flyers could have stolen. I hope that losing a game that they led with 30 seconds left doesn't get in their heads too much.

The argument was that he initially made contact with the heel of the stick, which was just below the crossbar. Supposedly, RDS had an angle that we never saw on Comcast that backs this up, though it's not iron-clad.

The Richards penalty was BS, though. There is a YouTube already, and it's clear that the initial contact was made with his shoulder into Kovalev's side, just above his hip in the lower rib/kidney area. It shouldn't have been called. At first glance, though, it looked like a trip from the speed and the leg whip from Kovalev.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTx

Pittsburgh - NOT on point.

excelleennttt

MBTI
    ISTx

Foot in mouth.

MBTI
    INTP

Wow, Colorado has not shown up at all. Does anyone know if Yahoo will be carrying any more of the Vs. games?

MBTI
    ESFJ

The Flyers come out and take one in MTL tonight. Biron looked amazing. Let's take two at home, baby!

P.S. Habs fans are being complete bitches tonight.

BIRON. If anyone needed more evidence that the playoffs are 90% goaltending, there it is.

I don't know whether to be upset that the Canadiens have completely outplayed the Flyers for two games, or to be optimistic because the Canadiens have completely outplayed the Flyers for two games and we got one, almost both. Being that I'm from Philly, I will probably go with Option 1.

Also, completely off-topic, I DeSean Jackson.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    BIRON. If anyone needed more evidence that the playoffs are 90% goaltending, there it is.

I don't know whether to be upset that the Canadiens have completely outplayed the Flyers for two games, or to be optimistic because the Canadiens have completely outplayed the Flyers for two games and we got one, almost both. Being that I'm from Philly, I will probably go with Option 1.

Also, completely off-topic, I DeSean Jackson.
    And Lito is still an Eagle as of right now. Does he move to safety? Seems like a reach.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    And Lito is still an Eagle as of right now. Does he move to safety? Seems like a reach.
    If Lito stays, Sheldon Brown is much more equipped to move to safety...he's bigger and is more of a hitter. I really want Lito to stay because I feel this is an ideal scenario, especially with the shaky situation at safety. Samuel won't be the player he was in New England on the Eagles, but Samuel, Sheppard and Brown would still give us the best CB group in the NFL. I think Lito is really upset with his contract and with the Samuel signing though, so I don't think it's realistic he stays. I would guess they'll try to package him with some of the extra picks they got this weekend and try to trade for a wideout over the summer.

/football derail
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

So FM, what are you thinking now in regards to the Penguins? Do you think they have the momentum they need to propel them to a Stanley? I'm getting nervous here. I don't wanna spend $120 on my friend. lol

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    So FM, what are you thinking now in regards to the Penguins? Do you think they have the momentum they need to propel them to a Stanley? I'm getting nervous here. I don't wanna spend $120 on my friend. lol
    Flyers-Pens ECF. Book it.