MBTI
    ISTx

Go Nashville!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Go Nashville!
    Go Nashville, indeed!

I have game four tickets, and a couple of times last night I was worried we'd be down 0-3. Then BANG-BANG: the nine seconds that turned the tide. Time to blow the roof off the Somet Center.

Go Preds!

MBTI
    ISTx

I really wish I could have seen the rest of that game. I was watching until a few minutes into the 3rd period, where Detroit scored and put them ahead 3-2. I lost possession of the TV at that point so I couldn't finish it . I really didn't expect Nashville to come back and win. I figured that early goal in the 3rd by Detroit was the end of it, despite Nashville's good run in the 2nd. I was wrong.

I'm not a Preds fan per se but I go for the under dogs in these situations and Nashville is my favorite "southern" city hah. So, good for them. Hopefully this gets the momentum going for them for the rest of this series and maybe they can come out on top...

Now, San Jose tonight... Hopefully they haven't given up completely. SHARKS FTW.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

What kind of lame-o sport changes the rules in the middle of the playoffs???

The kind that deals with a childish, annoying %$&#@ like Sean Avery. It's so excellent that the winning goal in that game went off his skate and into his own goal.

I'll admit it's semantics, but I don't think they changed a rule so much as clarified one. They'd simply never encountered someone as blatant as Avery.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    The kind that deals with a childish, annoying %$&#@ like Sean Avery. It's so excellent that the winning goal in that game went off his skate and into his own goal.

I'll admit it's semantics, but I don't think they changed a rule so much as clarified one. They'd simply never encountered someone as blatant as Avery.
    Agreed.

What a chump. That was the stupidest crap I've seen. Brodeur handled it well I'd say. Kinda funny when he tapped Avery in the nuts with his stick.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Great win by the Flyers, and brutal embellishment by Ovechkin. I like him a lot; I don't want to see him doing shit like that.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Great win by the Flyers, and brutal embellishment by Ovechkin. I like him a lot; I don't want to see him doing shit like that.
    What'd he do?

A win by the Sharks last night . Series tied 2-2. This is going to be a nail biter. I'll be at the pub for the game tomorrow.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    What'd he do?

A win by the Sharks last night . Series tied 2-2. This is going to be a nail biter. I'll be at the pub for the game tomorrow.
    Umberger clipped him with his skate as he was going by, and Ovechkin drew the tripping penalty with an egregious, Crosby-esque dive. Surprising coming from him, but I guess he was trying to get that PP to get his team back in it.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

to the use of "Crosby-esque" as an adjective! If he ever decides to give up hockey, he could probably win an Olympic medal in diving.

For the last few years Detroit has played the regular season like it was the playoffs and the playoffs like it was the regular season. They're not going to lose this series, but they're already underachieving. Their next opponent (Calgary? Colorado?) is going to have a little something waiting.

I've never seen anything like Ottawa this season. After making the finals last year and starting this year 13-1, they slumped terribly, barely made it into the playoffs, and then got swept in the first round. Except for last year, the team has never carried their regular season dominance into the playoffs. It would have sounded insane as recently as four months ago, but is it time to blow it up in Ottawa?
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari