User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 156

  1. #81

  2. #82
    Senior Member Noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    613

    Default



    Akseli Gallen-Kallela - The Forging of the Sampo
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    My favourite Velásquez is the portrait of the pope Innocent X only because Francis Bacon was obsessed by it, which influenced him to paint his pope series based on Velásquez's model:



    A couple other Bacon pope studies:





    I'm such a pseudo-artprofessor.

  4. #84
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    My favourite Velásquez is the portrait of the pope Innocent X only because Francis Bacon was obsessed by it, which influenced him to paint his pope series based on Velásquez's model:

    I'm such a pseudo-art-professor.
    You're just a pretentious fuck.

    But honestly, that is very interesting. I love that painting. I do confess to being a little bored with conceptual art. I go for something depicted well and in a singular manner over concept every time.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    I'm interested in all of them, I'm very open-minded when it comes to art, my interests keep shifting, from figurative to conceptual to abstract etc.

    Except for aesthetic decorative crap, it's repulsive and nauseating.

  6. #86
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    hieronymus bosch, who i would have said even if synarch hadn't posted his most recent pic



    remedios varo

    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. #87
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    I'm interested in all of them, I'm very open-minded when it comes to art, my interests keep shifting, from figurative to conceptual to abstract etc.

    Except for aesthetic decorative crap, it's repulsive and nauseating.
    +1

    That is S-type art. Any great female painters? Kahlo? Cassatt?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    hieronymus bosch, who i would have said even if synarch hadn't posted his most recent pic


    That's not a Bosch painting, that's Matthias Grünewald, one of my ultimate favourite gothic painters...he's tied with Bosch.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    +1

    That is S-type art. Any great female painters? Kahlo? Cassatt?
    Hmm..I like a couple of Kahlo's paintings, mostly 'My birth', can't post it here, it would be deleted...It's graphic and could be viewed as gross for some.

    But I can't think of any that I would put in my top 100 at the moment.

  10. #90
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    That's not a Bosch painting, that's Matthias Grünewald, one of my ultimate favourite gothic painters...he's tied with Bosch.
    Damn it! Guess I grabbed from Google too fast. Looked Boschy. I'm impressed with your encyclopaedic knowledge of freaky art, though!
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Similar Threads

  1. Favourite commercials
    By Natrushka in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-17-2012, 01:31 PM
  2. List your favourite painters
    By KLessard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 05:33 PM
  3. Favourite Painters
    By Cerpin_Taxt in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 08:01 AM
  4. Mythology: Favourite god/goddess...
    By sundowning in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 12:42 PM
  5. Favourite Joke/s
    By darlets in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 01:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO