• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2008/09 Football season...

jay bee 83

MBTI Type
ISFJ
....and by Football I mean 'Soccer' as the americans often say.

Does anyone here follow English football or any other European leagues....

And may be I should start a debate, why is it that American Football is called Football when most of the time whenever i've seen it on telly the players rarely kick the ball, are standing around because of a commercial break or it takes 45 mins to play 15 minutes of action?

Any comments would be appreciated!

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Love football because I'm a Chelsea surporter and as I write this we currently stand at the top of the premiership! But I'm sure you knew that already! :)
American football should be renamed in my opinion. How about 'hand ball' or 'sissy ball' (because of all the padding these 'guys' wear). Or 'helmet and hand shananigans?'.

jay bee 83

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Hey another Chelsea fan!! Weirdly I took great delight in seeing Spurs win the other day.... at least its level again in the league and we'll probably have about a +60 goal diff by the end of the season! :cheese:

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Your a Chelsea fan? Good... gooood. Ye I too was slightly over-celebrating that late Pavlyuchenko strike and their really late equalizer against the gunners! Rock on, I now predict that we'll be there for the rest of the season. Anelka's da man right now.

jay bee 83

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Can't believe tonight's defeat..... an inability to challenge back or retain possession cost us! And the fact that the referee has no common sense re Deco's red card.

Roma must think its their birthday and christmas rolled into one!

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Can't believe tonight's defeat..... an inability to challenge back or retain possession cost us! And the fact that the referee has no common sense re Deco's red card.

Roma must think its their birthday and christmas rolled into one!

That red was ridiculous!!