• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Transformers" review...

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
It's not due out for release in the UK until next weekend, which just so happens to be my sons birthday, I am wondering wether to take him to see that or go ahead with a nightmare kids party full of kids. :unsure:

I would do anything to avoid a kids party, anything. :D

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
It's not due out for release in the UK until next weekend, which just so happens to be my sons birthday, I am wondering wether to take him to see that or go ahead with a nightmare kids party full of kids. :unsure:

I would do anything to avoid a kids party, anything. :D

There's always the Harry Potter release party... :D

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Megan Fox person was completely unnecessary except to appeal to the female users who need some romance and stuff...the Sam nerd guy was just painful to watch though. About half of this movie was painful to watch, and the other half pretty fun. This is every young nerdy male's dream, basically. That's all I have to say.

Oh, and the fx were flawless~

MBTI Type
INTJ
I just saw the film, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The story was simple without being facile, which is perfect...it didn't get overly complex like many tech-heavy action movies. The CG effects were jaw-droppingly realistic, and take it from someone who has worked in visual effects, these were ungodly difficult and complex effects to pull off. Most of all though, Shia LaBeouf was outstanding. These kinds of movies usually make casting and acting an afterthought, but LaBeouf and a group of interestingly cast actors like Jon Voight, Kevin Dunn, Anthony Anderson and especially John Turturro made the movie a lark, more than just a tech geek wet dream.

All that said, the movie was hampered by the fundamentally dumb idea of Transformers themselves, and the absolutely PAINFUL dialogue of the Transformers. It's a testament to the talent in front of and behind the camera that this didn't ruin the movie.

Most surprisingly of all, schlockmeister Michael Bay finally made a movie that didn't make me want to leave the entertainment industry to go live in the forest and chop wood all day.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, come on, Armageddon was great! There are certain times in life where you should put logic behind! And who couldn't love Bad Boys 2? I loved the part with the morgue van chase!

And Pearl Harbor, while it was a typical love story, the second part was great with some really awesome effects!

Llenyd

MBTI Type
INTP
The Megan Fox person was completely unnecessary except to appeal to the female users who need some romance and stuff
And for guys to drool over.

...the Sam nerd guy was just painful to watch though.

Expect to see a lot of him next summer too, as he, unfortunately, has landed the role of Indiana's son.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, come on, Armageddon was great! There are certain times in life where you should put logic behind! And who couldn't love Bad Boys 2? I loved the part with the morgue van chase!

And Pearl Harbor, while it was a typical love story, the second part was great with some really awesome effects!

Honestly, whenever the subject of worst movies ever made comes up, I always think of Bad Boys 2. If I had to pick a Bay movie other than Transformers, I would begrudgingly pick The Rock.

MBTI Type
INTJ
the Sam nerd guy was just painful to watch though.

Expect to see a lot of him next summer too, as he, unfortunately, has landed the role of Indiana's son.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. That kid is amazingly talented. I can't think of another actor in his age group who is more likely to be the next mainstream star who actually has acting chops, i.e. Hanks, Denzel, Clooney.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know what you guys are talking about. That kid is amazingly talented. I can't think of another actor in his age group who is more likely to be the next mainstream star who actually has acting chops, i.e. Hanks, Denzel, Clooney.

Not him as an actor. Just his character.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:D Well I have to disagree, but then again the film pulled on my heart strings and had me sobbing, so for that I have to rate it good.

Wow, I wasn't even thinking about the ham-fisted attempts to get me to "feel", the movie upon review is even worse than I remembered!

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
Wow, I wasn't even thinking about the ham-fisted attempts to get me to "feel", the movie upon review is even worse than I remembered!

Well considering Bride of Chucky is a 10 out of 10 movie for me, I'm not surprised I liked armageddon, I like some movies other people find crap. :cool:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked Armageddon for its effects...and that's enough for me.

And personally, I find Lord of the Rings crap.

Langrenus

Jesus wept, Transformers is one of the worst films I've ever seen. In fact, I've vowed to myself never to watch a Bay film again.

The CGI was mesmeric - yet somehow it was impossible to follow what the hell was happening in the action scenes
The dialogue bordered on non-existent
The storyline was pathetic, and there were so many continuity errors that I gave up counting halfway through
We were treated to about 30 different actors cluttering up the screen with nonsensical and irrelevant side-stories
Character development...well, there was none
Megatron barely featured
Humans could injure/kill the Decepticons

Oh, and this film has re-defined product placement.

As a child of the 80's I left the cinema deeply saddened. Save yourself a couple of hours and do something productive instead of watching this.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always wondered, what do people have against product placement?

I always thought it made a movie seem more real.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

If effects mattered enough to like a movie, you should be on your knees for Peter Jackson. Gollum alone...

I've always wondered, what do people have against product placement?

I always thought it made a movie seem more real.
Products that sneak into the frame? Realistic.

Products shoved in our faces? Crap.

MBTI Type
INTJ

Effects aren't enough for me. Effects can enhance a movie that's already good, but nothing can save a movie with a crap script, direction, and acting.

That said, we sure agree on one thing. I can't effing stand Lord Of The Rings. The main thing a movie has to do to get you engaged is make you care about the protagonists and their mission. I could not relate to any of that. And all the pretty landscapes and eye popping effects in the world can't fix that.