• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dig Out Your Soul

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The new Oasis album called Dig Out Your Soul came out this month. Since I was spending so much time in my car doing nothing more than listening to music, I decided to pick up a copy.

I can now confidently say this is the worst Oasis album ever, even worse than Standing on the Shoulders of Giants. After one listen of the whole album, I could hardly remember anything. The overall sound is kinda atmospheric and sorta droning at times. A good word to describe it is weak. There are way less strong melodic parts than you would expect from an Oasis album, and very few vocal parts that are memorable.

Anybody else been listening to this album?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
The new Oasis album called Dig Out Your Soul came out this month. Since I was spending so much time in my car doing nothing more than listening to music, I decided to pick up a copy.

I can now confidently say this is the worst Oasis album ever, even worse than Standing on the Shoulders of Giants. After one listen of the whole album, I could hardly remember anything. The overall sound is kinda atmospheric and sorta droning at times. A good word to describe it is weak. There are way less strong melodic parts than you would expect from an Oasis album, and very few vocal parts that are memorable.

Anybody else been listening to this album?

I won it from the radio station. I actually like it better than Heathen Chemistry, but I think that is their worst album, so there you go. Maybe as good as Standing on the Shoulder of Giants, and behind Don't Believe the Truth. There are a couple of good tracks amongst the first six or seven, but it is kind of hazy and weird. The songs are not excessively long, though, and they don't sound like dad-rock washups, so that is nice. It does smart when you go back and listen to a "Some Might Say" or "Supersonic" or "Whatever" and then compare/contrast with the 2000s stuff. Circa-1995, they were about as good as it gets.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I just started listening to Heathen Chemistry recently, and I thought it was really good, almost immediately. I like most songs on Be Here Now, but at first, I only liked three. I'm used to liking Oasis albums slowly, so Heathen Chemistry was surprisingly fast. Don't Believe the Truth also had immediate appeal.

My favorite songs on the new album are 1, 2, and 7. 5 and 11 are okay and the others are hardly worth listening to. I'm not one to complain about changing styles. I just think this new effort of theirs is weak.

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
I like their current single, but thanks for the warning..

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Is the current single the song with Lightning in the title? That one's kinda okay.