PDA

View Full Version : MBTI, Enneagram, and Zodiac correlations (my revision of PTypes correlations)...

The Ü™
05-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Zodiac Sign, MBTI, Enneagram

NF Temperament, Water
Cancer, ENFJ, 2w3
Cancer, INFJ, 4w5
Scorpio, ENFP, 6w5
Pisces, INFP, 4w3

NT Temperament, Air
Gemini, ENTP, 7w6
Gemini, INTP, 5w6
Libra, ENTJ, 1w9
Aquarius, INTJ, 5w4

SJ Temperament, Earth
Taurus, ISTJ, 9w8
Virgo, ESFJ, 2w1
Virgo, ISFJ, 6w5
Capricorn, ESTJ, 1w2

SP Temperament, Fire
Aries, ISTP, 8w9
Leo, ESFP, 3w2
Leo, ISFP, 3w4
Sagittarius, ESTP, 7w8

PTypes.com lists Cancer as an ESFJ, but I found this inaccurate, because while Cancers are conventional and cautious like a J, the sign is also known for having a vivid imagination like an N and for being very loyal like an F.

I typed Virgo as ESFJ and ISFJ instead, because they are considered to be "servants" but as an Earth sign, they're more inclined to serve in more practical ways.

As for the Fire signs, yes, I'm aware that they're often labeled as "Intuitive," but in terms of modern MBTI theory (which is ultimately quite deviant from the original Jungian functions), I think the more correct term is impulsive.

I plan on making another one of these sorts of lists, but only with Zodiac and MBTI correlations, and not based on Temperament, but based on energy direction (E or I) and cognitive preference (S or N). Because fire and air signs tend to be more extraverted, but fire signs said to be more concrete in thinking while air signs are more abstract.

Earth and water signs are more introverted, but earth is more concrete and water is more abstract.

And naturally, this is based on my readings of astrology and what each signs represent. I do not necessarily believe in it, so naturally, it is possible for a Capricorn (which I labeled ESTJ) to be an INFP (which I labeled for Pisces).

Jennifer
05-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Zodiac...? :thumbdown:

You forgot to include the Chinese Zodiac... you know, where everyone born in the same 365 days has the same personality.

Alienclock
05-30-2007, 11:31 PM
I really like what you have done.

The Ü™
05-31-2007, 12:04 AM
I really like what you have done.

Well what can I say? I have a lot of time on my hands! :D

And Jennifer, the only thing I know about the Chinese Zodiac is that I'm an Ox. I like the Greek Zodiac because it's more precise. And if you actually look up your birth chart and get an interpretation, you'll most likely find that it's not all bullshit.

The first personality assessment tool I was interested in was Western Astrology, then I took this little MBTI questionnaire in high school (it wasn't a real MBTI, more like the boxes of each choices, similar to the one in Do What You Are), so that's when I started to see that connection.

I'm a Pisces Sun, Cancer Moon, and Gemini Rising, by the way.

Alienclock
05-31-2007, 12:30 AM
I am Cancer Sun, Pisces Rising, and Virgo Moon. Virgo is my only earth sign. I have no fixed signs. My signs are mainly water and fire, which is kind of odd.

The Ü™
05-31-2007, 01:29 AM
I feel that my personality is more like a Scorpio. Though I'm often funny like a Gemini. I identify with Scorpio because I have an attraction to morbid things and I am really big on loyalty.

But my chart has mostly Cardinal signs. I, too, have mostly water signs; Sun in Pisces, Moon in Cancer, of course, but I also have Mercury in Pisces, Saturn and Pluto in Scorpio. My fire signs: Venus and Mars in Aries, Uranus in Sagittarius. Neptune is in Capricorn, which is my only earth sign. Jupiter is in Aquarius, my only air sign unless you count my Gemini rising.

Jennifer
05-31-2007, 01:35 AM
And Jennifer, the only thing I know about the Chinese Zodiac is that I'm an Ox. I like the Greek Zodiac because it's more precise. And if you actually look up your birth chart and get an interpretation, you'll most likely find that it's not all bullshit.

Actually, it was Forer-Effect bullshit through and through.

But thanks for asking. :)

"?"
05-31-2007, 01:45 AM
You're right that you have to delve deeper than just a sun sign. Even then, I have my Sun in Gemini by only two degrees and my ascending sign is Aries by only nine degrees.

PuddleRiver
05-31-2007, 04:07 AM
Cancer
INFJ
Enneagram 5w6 or 5w9&1. *shrug* Don't know about all of the 'rising' stuff, though.
Born in the year of the Monkey.

niffer
05-31-2007, 05:52 AM
I'm a Sagittarius (actually, some places say I'm a Scorpio because I was born on the 22nd), and I'm an 8w9...and if I were to be a Scorpio, then, yes, it would be sort of correct either way.

Maverick
05-31-2007, 05:52 AM
Can't take this seriously with astrology

Kyrielle
05-31-2007, 03:12 PM
It's funny...I'm apparently the most un-Taurus-y Taurus. My boyfriend couldn't believe it, because he's never gotten along with people who are born Taurus...that is, until me! :D

This kind of makes me not really believe it to be true. I'm sure there's some part of my personality in there, but a lot of things in my sign's description are kind of Senorish preferences. (Which I have, just not in any prominant way.)

"?"
05-31-2007, 03:39 PM
PTypes.com lists Cancer as an ESFJ, but I found this inaccurate, because while Cancers are conventional and cautious like a J, the sign is also known for having a vivid imagination like an N and for being very loyal like an F.Years ago, I asked Dave Kelly how he correlated his types. At the time, he was a big Socionics fan, which reflects the inverse of enneagram/mbti correlations for introverts. At the time, I figured the ascending sign played into determining correlation, since it is the sign that we show the world until around middle age. I have attempted to paste my information into a post, however I continue to have trouble. Does anyone else have problems that show in preview screen, however when you hit the submit button very little gets posted?

"?"
05-31-2007, 03:45 PM
Here's mine:

Sun-Gemini
Moon-Taurus
Mercury-Gemini
Venus- Taurus
Mars-Aries
Jupiter-Capricorn
Saturn- Capricorn
Uranus-Leo
Neptune-Scorpio
Pluto-Virgo
North Node-Virgo

Chart Area-Keyword-Number of planets per chart area-Proportional Value

FIRE- Physical- 3- 33%
EARTH- Practical- 5- 35%
AIR- Intellectual- 2- 29%
WATER- Emotional- 1- 2%

CARDINAL-Emotional- 4- 39%
FIXED- Reliable- 4- 29%
MUTABLE- Flexible- 3- 31%

NORTH- Sociable- 3- 6%
SOUTH- Individualistic- 7- 43%
EAST- Creative- 6- 43%
WEST- Active- 4- 6%

rivercrow
05-31-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm a Sagittarius (actually, some places say I'm a Scorpio because I was born on the 22nd), and I'm an 8w9...and if I were to be a Scorpio, then, yes, it would be sort of correct either way.

Oooooh--me too! 22 Nov, can't recall my natal chart tho.... Year of the Rooster, and yeah, I'm a cocky thing. ;)

Wolf
06-01-2007, 03:06 AM
I'm a cock, too.

meshou
06-01-2007, 03:16 AM
As a side note, the traditional NF temperment correlation is choleric-- Fire.

Air'd be SP (sanguine), Earth SJs (melancholic) and NTs Water (phlematic).

The Ü™
06-01-2007, 09:48 PM
As a side note, the traditional NF temperment correlation is choleric-- Fire.

Air'd be SP (sanguine), Earth SJs (melancholic) and NTs Water (phlematic).

Yes, but then it doesn't make any sense if you correlate them with the Zodiac Signs.

What's said about the SP temperament is more related to the Fire signs, since Fire is impulsive and spontaneous.

The SJ temperament correlates with Earth because it's said to be stable and traditional.

NT correlates with Air because it's said to be intellectual and logical

Finally, NF correlates with Water because it's said to be emotional and intuitive.

nightning
06-04-2007, 05:19 AM
*blinks* My question is do Zodiac signs... western or chinese really mean anything significant? I agree with Jennifer that this is merely Forer's effect.

I'm born in November... a scorpio, by chinese zodiac I'm a rat. Also a 4w5 INFJ... I don't see how any of those things fit together.

SolitaryWalker
06-04-2007, 05:49 AM

NF Temperament, Water
Cancer, ENFJ, 2w3
Cancer, INFJ, 4w5
Scorpio, ENFP, 6w5
Pisces, INFP, 4w3

NT Temperament, Air
Gemini, ENTP, 7w6
Gemini, INTP, 5w6
Libra, ENTJ, 1w9
Aquarius, INTJ, 5w4

SJ Temperament, Earth
Taurus, ISTJ, 9w8
Virgo, ESFJ, 2w1
Virgo, ISFJ, 6w7
Capricorn, ESTJ, 1w2

SP Temperament, Fire
Aries, ESTP, 8w7
Leo, ESFP, 3w2
Leo, ISFP, 3w4
Sagittarius, ISTP, 8w9

PTypes.com lists Cancer as an ESFJ, but I found this inaccurate, because while Cancers are conventional and cautious like a J, the sign is also known for having a vivid imagination like an N and for being very loyal like an F.

I typed Virgo as ESFJ and ISFJ instead, because they are considered to be "servants" but as an Earth sign, they're more inclined to serve in more practical ways.

As for the Fire signs, yes, I'm aware that they're often labeled as "Intuitive," but in terms of modern MBTI theory (which is ultimately quite deviant from the original Jungian functions), I think the more correct term is impulsive.

I plan on making another one of these sorts of lists, but only with Zodiac and MBTI correlations, and not based on Temperament, but based on energy direction (E or I) and cognitive preference (S or N). Because fire and air signs tend to be more extraverted, but fire signs said to be more concrete in thinking while air signs are more abstract.

Earth and water signs are more introverted, but earth is more concrete and water is more abstract.

And naturally, this is based on my readings of astrology and what each signs represent. I do not necessarily believe in it, so naturally, it is possible for a Capricorn (which I labeled ESTJ) to be an INFP (which I labeled for Pisces).

Seems to me that the ENTJ is an epitome of an 8. A wingless 8 or a w7. They tend to be somewhat adventurous.

6 is generally correlated with Si. So ENTPs shouldnt have a 6 wing as Si is their inferior function. Wingless 7, or 7w8. W8 because many of them are influence seekers and in effect highly influential. They share the SP need to 'make an impact' to a considerable degree.

INTP shouldnt be a 5w6...Fi is the quintissential 4 function...Ti shares the root in introverted judgment...5w6 generally tend to be ISTPs..as they dont have this penchant for the artistic and alogical that the INTPs have from Ne..

ENFP is definitely not 6... they are not very security conscious...

As Extroverted Intuitors they should be placed as 7s... I am somewhat puzzled as to how you had them at a w5!?

5s are dispassionate problem solvers...5 corresponds with Ti the most...7 with the Ne...

ISTP is defnitely not an 8... Quintissential 8 should be an ENTJ... they have powerful personalities that were born to lead... ISTPs tend to prefer to be in the background...

1 should have nothing to do with 'SJ'...

1s are forceful visionaries....long term thinkers who have a need to live their life in accordance to their internally founded vision...they are definitely averse to the convention..whilst SJs tend to gravitate towards it.

ISTJ can not be 9... Even though SJs have a co-operative as opposed to Utilitarian mindset...they are more concerned with doing good deeds than having good will(like NFs)..

Essentially 9s are the classical mediators... they see the big picture very well and have an intense... feeling-founded need to please others (having good will not the SJish doing good deeds)...so this should be the ENFP or INFP...preferrably ENFP....because they could see the big picture of the external world more proficiently with their dominant extroverted intuition... ISTJs are just the opposite of this with Introverted Sensing being their dominant function..and as Thinkers..they dont have a deep...personal need to make others happy..

ESTPs shouldnt be 8... 8 is basically a Te function... more ENTJ than ESTJ...

3 is more represenative of Extroverted Sensing (ESTP and ESFP)

ISFJs shouldnt have a 7 wing... as they tend to be far from adventurous with their dominant Introverted Sensing..

Shimpei
06-04-2007, 01:21 PM
BS

BS

This theorizing is so silly, guys. Actually the exceptions are many more than those cases that fit well in your systems.
One example: me - ISFJ - E9 - Cancer

Jennifer
06-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Oooooh--me too! 22 Nov, can't recall my natal chart tho.... Year of the Rooster, and yeah, I'm a cocky thing. ;)

Oooh, I was born on CS Lewis' birthday (Nov 29) and you were born on the day he died.

Spooky.

I think I'm a Monkey. (Did I say that somewhere yet?)

cafe
06-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Oooh, I was born on CS Lewis' birthday (Nov 29) and you were born on the day he died.
Oh wow. I have a son born on Nov 29th. I'll have to tell him he was born on C.S.Lewis' birthday. He won't care one little bit, but I think it's cool.

Myself, I'm a Leo INFJ 9w1 born in the year of the dog. I don't think I make a very good Leo. I'm married to an Aries INTP 1w9 and I believe he was born in the year of the pig/boar.

I have no idea what time of day I was born because they drugged my mom so much when she was giving birth to me that she doesn't remember. Makes it hard to get any detailed charts, etc.

Lookin4theBestNU
06-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Not that I think too highly of anything zodiac, I know people who do :). Anyway I am an ENFJ Leo 2w/probable wing 1 though I score highly on 8.

Jennifer
06-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh wow. I have a son born on Nov 29th.

:) :yay:

It's also Madeleine L'Engle's birthday.

(We will just ignore the fact that -- I think -- it is also Howie Mandel's birthday.)

I have no idea what time of day I was born because they drugged my mom so much when she was giving birth to me that she doesn't remember. Makes it hard to get any detailed charts, etc.

That's funny -- I don't remember the situation with your father, wasn't he around to remember?

My sister was born by C-section in the hospital elevator. There apparently was blood everywhere. My mom remembers that one. :)

... though I score highly on 8. ^^^^ not a big surprise :)

targobelle
06-04-2007, 05:50 PM
well this is a rather interesting thought process... it doesn't fit but it's interesting

my b-day is Jan 13th I am a Capricorn and a 2w3.......

Jasz
06-04-2007, 06:58 PM
sun-jupiter conjunction in aquarius
aries rising
moon in scorpio

INTP

5w4

cafe
06-04-2007, 07:20 PM
:) :yay:

It's also Madeleine L'Engle's birthday.

(We will just ignore the fact that -- I think -- it is also Howie Mandel's birthday.)
I'm pretty sure he won't care about any of them. Maybe if it was somebody that wrote one of his favorite video games he'd find it significant. But I think it's cool.

That's funny -- I don't remember the situation with your father, wasn't he around to remember?
Mom had changed her mind about liking him before she found out she was pregnant. Instead of breaking up with him, she left on a cross-country road trip with some friends. She didn't tell him about me until I was nine months old (I assume because she needed some cash). I was very small for my age and he didn't buy that I was his, so she huffed off and didn't contact him again until I was 27.

My sister was born by C-section in the hospital elevator. There apparently was blood everywhere. My mom remembers that one. :)
Yikes! I'm guessing she was not properly anesthetized?

meshou
06-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Yes, but then it doesn't make any sense if you correlate them with the Zodiac Signs.

What's said about the SP temperament is more related to the Fire signs, since Fire is impulsive and spontaneous.

The SJ temperament correlates with Earth because it's said to be stable and traditional.

NT correlates with Air because it's said to be intellectual and logical

Finally, NF correlates with Water because it's said to be emotional and intuitive.These correlations are very very modern understandings, and would not have been agreed upon as early as a couple hundred years ago. Modern astrology differs hugely from its roots. 'S all I was saying.

Natrushka
06-11-2007, 02:59 PM
I am a Cancer. Does this mean I can't be an INTJ anymore :(

Jennifer
06-11-2007, 03:08 PM

YOUR HOROSCOPE FOR TODAY (CANCER)

The position of Jupiter says you should spend the rest of the week face down in the mud
Try not to shove a roll of duct tape up your nose while taking your driver's test

Natrushka
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
I knew I should have stayed home today.

The Ü™
06-11-2007, 03:18 PM

Fret not, for I am a Pisces (Cancer moon, Gemini rising) and not an INFP.

The Ü™
06-12-2007, 03:46 PM
I made a few adjustments, namely changing Pisces and Scorpio MBTI types around, along with changing Virgo's 6w7 Enneagram type to 9w1.

Shimpei
06-12-2007, 03:52 PM
I made a few adjustments, namely changing Pisces and Scorpio MBTI types around, along with changing Virgo's 6w7 Enneagram type to 9w1.

What for? It would be as erroneous as the previous theory of yours.

raincrow007
06-12-2007, 04:01 PM
From the OP:

....I do not necessarily believe in it...

What for? It would be as erroneous as the previous theory of yours.

:shock:
Sheesh, he's just playing with ideas on paper.

Don't ya ever try new recipes just for the hell of it?

The Ü™
06-12-2007, 04:15 PM
The correlation is about what the astrological symbols mean, not about a person's personality in relation to astrology.

I keep saying, I am a Pisces and not an ENFP 4w3 (which I now typed it as, might make another change). I correspond to Aquarius. Therefore, I am well-aware that it's nothing serious.

Shimpei
06-12-2007, 04:17 PM
:shock:
Sheesh, he's just playing with ideas on paper.

Don't ya ever try new recipes just for the hell of it?

I think it's just a waste of time but as long as you enjoy it... Can't believe a herd of NTs pay attention to such things.

rivercrow
06-12-2007, 08:34 PM
I think it's just a waste of time but as long as you enjoy it... Can't believe a herd of NTs pay attention to such things.

Oh, it's a system and we can't help ourselves.

Besides, JUNG was interested in astrology. :party2:

I object to Scorpio being an NF. Scorpio is far too devious and vengeful in it's dark phase to be an F. Ever. And too calculating to be an F.

It's also ruled by Mars (I don't hold with the neo-planetary associations) and Pluto's been, well, plutoed. Scorpio is also associated with Aries, which is hardly an F-ish god.

Heh. This sounds like me, too. (http://www.astrology.com/allaboutyou/cusps/scorpiosagittarius.html) I should dig up my natal chart--I have it on my blog someplace....

The Ü™
06-12-2007, 09:25 PM
I think an Introverted Feeling INFP could be quite vengeful and forceful if their values are violated. And Scorpios hold very passionate values.

And besides, vengeance is driven by feeling, and not logic.

INFPs can get quite angry, but they just don't show it, since Feeling is internal -- they're often very Scorpio-like. Scorpios are also big on loyalty, a Feeling trait revolving around people.

Scorpios are either extremely loyal or extremely rebellious, much like an Enneagram 6 type, which corresponds to Jung's Introverted Feeling.

As a water sign, Scorpio is intuitive and emotional -- clearly corresponding the NF.

EDIT: Oh and yes, Cancer is ruled by the Moon and Leo by the Sun, neither of which are planets...so what's wrong with Scorpio being ruled by Pluto?

substitute
06-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Pisces, ENTP, Enneagram Social 5

But apparently there was some weird shit the year I was born, which basically means I should read Scorpio's stars, rather than Pisces. I don't remember what that was all about, but that was the upshot of it, so I was told by a friend avidly into astrology years ago. Makes sense, as most people who are into that kinda thing (I'm not) guess me as Scorpio or sometimes Aquarius, but never Pisces. They're always surprised when I say I was born March 12.

rivercrow
06-13-2007, 01:22 AM
Oh and yes, Cancer is ruled by the Moon and Leo by the Sun, neither of which are planets...so what's wrong with Scorpio being ruled by Pluto?
Bah--it's too nuevo.

It wasn't discovered until 1930. It, Uranus, and Neptune were added to astrology after the system was hammered out, so the influence of these three modern planets is still disputed.

Call me old-fashioned if you want. But the old-time religion is good enough for me.

;) :D

ptgatsby
06-13-2007, 01:27 AM
EDIT: Oh and yes, Cancer is ruled by the Moon and Leo by the Sun, neither of which are planets...so what's wrong with Scorpio being ruled by Pluto?

I object! Pluto is not a planet.

:smile:

laughing dolphin
06-13-2007, 01:34 AM

Indeed, l'il Pluto was kicked out a while ago:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/usernametakenalready/pluto0819.jpg

And, on topic, I'm an Aries with a Virgo rising, Virgo moon and am a pretty typical INFJ - how does that fit?
:)
LD

The Ü™
06-13-2007, 01:36 AM

But the Sun and the Moon are?

And Pluto is a dwarf planet or planetoid. As far as I'm concerned, the word planet is in it.

The Ü™
06-13-2007, 01:39 AM
And, on topic, I'm an Aries with a Virgo rising, Virgo moon and am a pretty typical INFJ - how does that fit?
:)
LD

No one answer this. I told everyone again and again and again and again that this isn't related to your actual star sign.

It is the symbols I am interested in. I don't care how it relates to one's real star sign.

rivercrow
06-13-2007, 01:40 AM
But the Sun and the Moon are?

The Sun and Moon are big, important entities, responsible for life as we know it and tides and lunacy.

And Pluto is a dwarf planet or planetoid. As far as I'm concerned, the word planet is in it.
And they all have plan in them, so that legitimizes astrology, right?

;) :rofl1: :hug:

rivercrow
06-13-2007, 01:45 AM
No one answer this. I told everyone again and again and again and again that this isn't related to your actual star sign.

It is the symbols I am interested in. I don't care how it relates to one's real star sign.

Okay, I'll stop bugging you. :) Pax?

I think the symbols are good things. Myth and metaphor give us a vocabulary to discuss stuff that is otherwise ineffable.

But, just like with Xander's Grand Unification Theory of Type, I get squibish around monolithic systems of coordination. They're too codified and don't allow for enough nuance. Thinkers love systems, tho, and we'll try our darnedest to make it all match up.

I just think life is more fun with some loose strings and unmated socks. ;)

The Ü™
06-13-2007, 01:49 AM
Yes, and we can't live without Mercury (about the same size as Pluto), Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus (I know what you're going to say, so shut up), and Neptune.

Saying Pluto isn't a planet because it's small and abnormal is like saying a midget isn't a man because he's small and abnormal.

cavg72
07-02-2007, 08:10 AM
If you are an INTJ you might be an enneagram 1w5. The enneagram of personality was taken out of Jung types, it is just a bad copy of jung's work.

The enneagram does not make any sense, any way you look at it, it just doesn't.

MacGuffin
07-02-2007, 11:34 AM
If you are an INTJ you might be an enneagram 1w5. The enneagram of personality was taken out of Jung types, it is just a bad copy of jung's work.

There is no 1w5 to start.

Jennifer
07-02-2007, 01:00 PM
There is no 1w5 to start.

Yes, I suppose understanding a theory is the first best step on the road to criticizing it appropriately.

niffer
07-02-2007, 05:07 PM

You're not *really* supposed to have wings that are not actual WINGS of the number. It's about inner drives, not characteristics that come with them.

Plus, the enneagram is supposed to be for adolescents. When you take the test you're supposed to use your high school personality. Adults don't have much use for it anyways, especially since as adults you're supposed to be more well rounded.

The Ü™
07-02-2007, 08:07 PM
You're not *really* supposed to have wings that are not actual WINGS of the number. It's about inner drives, not characteristics that come with them.

Plus, the enneagram is supposed to be for adolescents. When you take the test you're supposed to use your high school personality. Adults don't have much use for it anyways, especially since as adults you're supposed to be more well rounded.

He's right, only recently has the Enneagram become synonymous with behavior measurement.

When only considering motivations of types, which the Enneagram was initially intended for, there is no correlation to the MBTI or Jungian psychology, but only vague connections between the E-type's basic motivation and a Jungian cognitive function.

However, the behavioral science dosage added to the Enneagram in recent years begins to have a stronger correlation with the MBTI, and other personality assessments, for that matter. And the way most people look at the Enneagram now is in terms of behavior.

"?"
07-04-2007, 03:44 AM
Yes, I suppose understanding a theory is the first best step on the road to criticizing it appropriately.Even more so for MBTI!

meanlittlechimp
07-05-2007, 01:29 AM
Does anyone here actually put any weight in horoscopes?

Jennifer
07-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Does anyone here actually put any weight in horoscopes?

Only to sink them deeply enough when I pitch them in the ocean.

Zhash
07-05-2007, 03:06 AM
I'm a cock, too.

I could go for a cock! Oh, pardon me.....I'm feeling frisky.

BTW: I'm the worst mix; Gemini, Left-Handed, INTJ, Enneagram 1x9, what else?

I recently read a good astrology book (I'm not really into it but I thought I'd read it because you always have to keep an open mind): "Sunshines" The Astrology of Being Happy by Michael Linn.
It was an amazing book and right on the button about people.

RansomedbyFire
09-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Well, that's strange. It's listing me as a Taurus (my husband's sign) and him as a Pisces (my dad's sign) and also listing my sign as the extraverted version of my husband.

Andy K Octopus
09-10-2007, 11:58 AM
I'll bite on this

I am an INFJ on the MBTI

I am a 4 (w5) on the Enneagram

(Although I think astrology is a load of hooey) My Zodiac sun sign is Leo (on the cusp with cancer. July 23)

my moon sign is pisces

my rising sign is capricorn

Wolf
09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
I could go for a cock! Oh, pardon me.....I'm feeling frisky.
Heh. I'm a metal one, at that.

BTW: I'm the worst mix; Gemini, Left-Handed, INTJ, Enneagram 1x9, what else?
How is that the worst? Of the three I know out of this list, I am all three.

Sahara
09-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Well that didn't work for me lol

I am sun sign libra, moon sign gemini and a fire dragon. ;)

EDIT: so is my INFP best male friend, excatly the same horoscope and mbti

Recluse
09-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Okay, I looked up astrology out of curiosity.

Here's a site that provides free horoscope chart drawings to help you visualize the placement of the planets in the signs/houses:
Free Horoscope Choices - Astrodienst (http://www.astro.com/horoscopes/ahor.asp)

Use the idiotically titled "Please Click Here" link on the left side of the page to enter your natal data. (I like the way that sounds: "natal data.")

The Ü™
09-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Okay, I looked up astrology out of curiosity.

Here's a site that provides free horoscope chart drawings to help you visualize the placement of the planets in the signs/houses:
Free Horoscope Choices - Astrodienst (http://www.astro.com/horoscopes/ahor.asp)

Use the idiotically titled "Please Click Here" link on the left side of the page to enter your natal data. (I like the way that sounds: "natal data.")

Interestingly, that site has Jung's function correlations with elements:

Fire = N
Earth = S
Air = T
Water = F

Others have made a correlation like this:

Fire = S
Earth = T
Air = F
Water = N

Based on most modern interpretations I've read, I'd say that modern correlations with astrology and Jungian functions is more like the second one, because the Fire and Water signs are said to be more instinctual, while Earth and Air are more rational.

Air signs are considered humanitarian sorts (correlation to F), while Earth signs are logical and practical (T). F is a rational idealist, T is a rational realist.

In the case of Fire, S is an irrational realist. In the case of Water, N is an irrational idealist.

It's interesting to note that T and N types also tend, by nature, to be seen as internal. (Introverted Intuition is often described true introversion.) And the Earth and Water signs are considered more introverted.

Fire and Water signs are also said to be intuitive, but S and N functions are both intuitive in that they are irrational functions that operate without reason. (Jung's definition of Intuition as a function was just a metaphor.)

To Jung, S is indeed related to outer world perception, while N is inner world perception (perception through higher mind -- intuition literally means inner attention), because the current definitions of E and I did not exist in Jung's time.

persse
03-14-2008, 08:09 PM
i'm doing this survey( which is probably going to lead to nothing) about zodiac signs and mbti. what i'm basically trying to do is to see if there is a connection between them, or if there are certain sign who are correspond to some mbti types.
so, what i need you to do is to post your zodiac signs and your type(if it doesn't appear on your profile).

raincrow007
03-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Try looking around here (http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/bonfire/4414-zodiac-poll.html), first.

We have several threads on this topic already, I believe.

Seanan
03-14-2008, 08:19 PM
There are already two threads on this... they may have been merged.. don't know. Anyway, if you do a poll, it would be a good idea to include cusps on it. I, thus far, can't answer polls because they haven't included them.

proteanmix
03-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Search is your friend!

Merged MBTI/Zodiac type thread.

Eileen
03-14-2008, 08:47 PM
INFJ
4w5
Sun: Sagittarius
Moon: Aries
Ascendant: Capricorn

Orangey
06-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Okay, this thread is more than a year old, but I am interested in this right now and would rather not start a new thread (where's the sense in that?). A family member recently mentioned to me that I matched my zodiac sign very well. I don't think so. As a result of this discord, I kind of wanted to see (beyond these few pages) how many of you find that your MBTI types and astrological signs match-up.

My info (I didn't know about this sun and moon crap, so this is all new to me):
INTP
5w4
Sun: Taurus
Moon: Scorpio
Ascendant: Aries

How on Earth does any of that go together? My sign kind of makes me sound like an ISTJ, and the only MBTI types I identify with at all are INTP, INTJ, and maybe INFP. I tend to think that this just further justifies my need to browbeat everybody who talks to me about astrology into agreeing that it is ridiculous. But I guess some of you find that your stuff lines up pretty well?

Marmotini
06-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Scorpio, ENFP, 6w5
Pisces, INFP, 4w3

I'm definitely an INFP and I most frequently test 4w3 on enneagram! However, I am not a Piscies and have no Piscies in my major houses. What's funny, though, is that I very much like *the idea* of Piscies.

ENFP would probably be my next closest type, and it's hilarious because I have Scorpio rising and 6 is the other score I get on enneagram tests.

I am a Gemini sun, there is no way that I'm a 5, but INTP is only one letter off from INFP. I still don't see the connection, though, honestly.

BlackCat
06-16-2009, 07:51 PM
INFP 9w8 sx/sp/xo Leo.

So I basically don't fit in. Yay.

phthalocyanine
06-16-2009, 08:21 PM
people often mistype me as a pisces.
my natal chart has a strong presence of the water element and the mutable quality (water + mutable = pisces), so i guess that makes sense.
perhaps the correlations should be with element plus the cardinal, fixed or mutable quality rather than the signs themselves? (eg 'fixed air' instead of 'aquarius')

INFP, 4w5 so/sp/sx, IEI (intuitive variant)
Ne, Ni, Fi, Fe
sun in last decan of gemini, conjunct chiron
moon in first decan of capricorn, conjunct neptune
ascendant in second decan of sagittarius, conjunct saturn
mercury conjunct mars in cancer
venus in gemini
jupiter in aries
pluto in scorpio

Marmotini
06-16-2009, 09:20 PM
people often mistype me as a pisces.
my natal chart has a strong presence of the water element and the mutable quality (water + mutable = pisces), so i guess that makes sense.
perhaps the correlations should be with element plus the cardinal, fixed or mutable quality rather than the signs themselves? (eg 'fixed air' instead of 'aquarius')

INFP, 4w5 so/sp/sx, IEI (intuitive variant)
Ne, Ni, Fi, Fe
sun in last decan of gemini, conjunct chiron
moon in first decan of capricorn, conjunct neptune
ascendant in second decan of sagittarius, conjunct saturn
mercury conjunct mars in cancer
venus in gemini
jupiter in aries
pluto in scorpio

Hey I'm Gemini sun (2nd decan), Capricorn moon, too. But Scorpio rising.

Lauren Ashley
06-16-2009, 09:52 PM

NF Temperament, Water
Cancer, ENFJ, 2w3
Cancer, INFJ, 4w5
Scorpio, ENFP, 6w5
Pisces, INFP, 4w3

NT Temperament, Air
Gemini, ENTP, 7w6
Gemini, INTP, 5w6
Libra, ENTJ, 1w9
Aquarius, INTJ, 5w4

SJ Temperament, Earth
Taurus, ISTJ, 9w8
Virgo, ESFJ, 2w1
Virgo, ISFJ, 6w5
Capricorn, ESTJ, 1w2

SP Temperament, Fire
Aries, ISTP, 8w9
Leo, ESFP, 3w2
Leo, ISFP, 3w4
Sagittarius, ESTP, 7w8

Hmmm...

Here are mine, that I came up with a while ago. Naturally these are meant to fit the archetypes and not anyone's Sun sign.

Aries: ESTP
Taurus: ISTx, ISFP
Gemini: ESFP
Cancer: ISFJ
Leo: ESFJ, ENFJ
Virgo: ISTJ
Libra: xxxP
Scorpio: xNTJ, xNFJ
Sagittarius: ESTP, ENTP
Capricorn: ESTJ
Aquarius: ENTP, INTP
Pisces: INFP, ENFP

hommefatal
06-16-2009, 11:53 PM
I am an xNFP and I am 4w3. But I don't think 6w5 matches ENFP. Both 6 and 5 are very unlikely for an ENFP. 7 and 2 are most frequent. So 7w6 could be accurate.

phthalocyanine
06-17-2009, 05:03 AM
Hey I'm Gemini sun (2nd decan), Capricorn moon, too. But Scorpio rising.

interesting..i wonder how many people with sun in gemini & moon in capricorn are infps?

Prototype
06-17-2009, 06:24 AM
INFP Scorpio 4w... I tend to fit into those quite well...

shortnsweet
06-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Mine is close..
Sagittarius 7w8..

yenom
06-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Aries
last tested as an ENTP
8w5 or 5w8

Both enneagram and mbti fitted me pretty well.

Synapse
06-17-2009, 08:45 AM
i'm a wannabe platypus, heh, i knew it i'm an isfj deep down.

garbage
06-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Aries, ENTP (heavily ENFP-flavored), Enneagram 3w2.

I think the Aries and Enneagram 3 combination kind of makes sense, but I don't know much about the Zodiac. Someone else can probably work with this, though.

Aries
last tested as an ENTP

:cheers:

phthalocyanine
06-25-2009, 09:54 PM
interesting..i wonder how many people with sun in gemini & moon in capricorn are infps?

i'm going to quote myself and answer myself:

johnny depp.

any other takers?

yenom
06-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Aries, ENTP (heavily ENFP-flavored), Enneagram 3w2.

I think the Aries and Enneagram 3 combination kind of makes sense, but I don't know much about the Zodiac. Someone else can probably work with this, though.

:cheers:

You change your type every three months, you could be another type someday so I am holding my reservations. :D

Aries go more along with ESTP, ENTJ and ENTP in my opinion.

Thessaly
06-26-2009, 12:58 AM
I am an INFP, Pisces sun, Pisces moon, Cancer rising, 4w5

NewEra
06-26-2009, 02:30 AM
I don't believe in the Zodiac-MBTI correlation one bit.

BlahBlahNounBlah
06-26-2009, 02:42 AM

I agree with this.

yenom
06-26-2009, 02:44 AM
I agree with this.

Because someone's sign sucked? ;)

INA
06-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Hmmm...

Here are mine, that I came up with a while ago. Naturally these are meant to fit the archetypes and not anyone's Sun sign.

Rather decisive on those Libras.

secondhandsight
06-26-2009, 04:07 AM
INFJ: Cancer sun, Sagittarian moon,
Capricorn rising. A few patterns I've
noticed for sun signs around my neck
of the woods:

Cancer, xNFx
Gemini, xSxP
Taurus, xNxP
Virgo, ISxJ
Aquarius, ENxJ
Capricorn IxTJ
Pisces, IxFP
Sagittarius, ENxP
Aries, xNTJ
Leo, ExxP
Scorpio, INxx
Libra, xNxJ

Wind Up Rex
06-26-2009, 04:34 AM
As with most thing, correlation starts to break down the more variables you throw in the mix. Of the three, I think its easier to make a case for pairing either etype to MBTI or zodiac sign to etype. Doing all three at once tends to lead to inconsistencies I won't get into unless asked.

Here are websites that discuss etype and astrology for those who are interested:

Enneagram Planet (http://andreayaya.typepad.com/enneagram_planet/)
www.enneagramastrology.moonfruit.com

Aries
last tested as an ENTP
8w5 or 5w8

Both enneagram and mbti fitted me pretty well.

Yeah...you don't really get how the whole enneagram thing works.

iamathousandapples
06-26-2009, 05:09 AM
Swing and a Miss...
IxTP
5w6
ILI
Sun: Leo
Moon: Taurus
Ascendant: Aquarius

yenom
06-26-2009, 11:16 AM
As with most thing, correlation starts to break down the more variables you throw in the mix. Of the three, I think its easier to make a case for pairing either etype to MBTI or zodiac sign to etype. Doing all three at once tends to lead to inconsistencies I won't get into unless asked.

Here are websites that discuss etype and astrology for those who are interested:

Enneagram Planet (http://andreayaya.typepad.com/enneagram_planet/)
www.enneagramastrology.moonfruit.com

Yeah...you don't really get how the whole enneagram thing works.

as per say that ENTJs are the only type fitted to be eights when they are actually ones? or that its supposed to be 8w7 or 8w9?

Anyone claiming himself to be an 8w7 should have achievements like Lenin or Napoleon, otherwise he is bullshiting.

Lauren Ashley
06-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Rather decisive on those Libras.

:laugh: If the entire archetype of Libra wasn't built around being indecisive, maybe I could be!

Lexicon
06-26-2009, 12:56 PM
INFJ
Enneagram 5
Pisces
Born in the year of the Ox, according to Chinese Zodiac..

I'm not too astrologically savvy.. I think it's interesting nonetheless, though.
Pisces seems rather fitting for an INFJ. "Still waters run deep," and being extreme empaths.. and all that jazz..

INA
06-26-2009, 02:15 PM
:laugh: If the entire archetype of Libra wasn't built around being indecisive, maybe I could be!
Touch. P certainly seems to fit.
We just take a while to make sure we're not missing any important piece in weighing everything.
sounds familiar?

JocktheMotie
06-26-2009, 02:24 PM
INTP. 5w4. Libra. Year of the Tiger [RAWR]

Speed Gavroche
07-22-2009, 02:07 PM

And you're right, there's absolutely not. For exemple, among the famous Taurus, we find as well Jack Nicholson (ESTP) as Adolf Hitler (INFJ)...

But if you're curious:

MBTI Type: ISTP, but also near of INTP and ESTP, and near of ENTP and ISFP in a minor way. The TP side is the strongest, T is very strong and I'm thoroughly P.

Enneagram: I'm a 5, sometimes typed as 5w6, sometimes as 5w7. I pretty recognise me in the three. I just notice that I use the mental centre above all, the orientation of the energy may discuss.

Zodiac: my sun is in Taurus, from the last decan, my ascendant is Aquarius. I don't know many things in astrology, but I suppose that mean my planets are Venus, Moon, Saturn and Uranus is'nt it?

The Ü™
07-22-2009, 02:12 PM
IT'S ABOUT THE ARCHETYPES, YOU IDIOTS!!!

I don't give a shit about how they measure up in reality!!

And I didn't ask for anyone else's "thoughts."

Someone lock this fucking thread!!! You have my permission.

Valuable_Money
07-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Actually, it was Forer-Effect bullshit through and through.

But thanks for asking. :)

IM supposed to be a leo....

MellowMarcello
07-22-2009, 11:39 PM
I have too much gravitas for me not to post on this little thread.

As you were my bipedalled comrades...

MellowMarcello
07-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Uberfuhrer...what's your enneagram type my bipedalled friend?

Speed Gavroche
08-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Chart-The-Course= Earth
ISTJ= Taurus
ISTP= Capricorn
INFJ= Virgo
INTJ= Capricorn

IN-Charge= Fire
ESTJ= Sagittarius
ESTP= Aries
ENFJ= Leo
ENTJ= Aries

Behind-The-Scene= Water
ISFJ= Cancer
ISFP= Pisces
INFP= Pisces
INTP= Scorpio

Getting-Things-Done= Air
Libra= ESFJ
Gemini= ESFP
Gemini= ENFP
Aquarius= ENTP

baroquen
08-21-2009, 02:08 AM
Well...

I'm and INFP, pisces, and 4w3

so your correlations seem accurate to me.

08-21-2009, 02:24 AM
NT Temperament, Air
Aquarius, INTJ, 5w4

That's spot on for me. I was just thinking yesterday about how MBTI reminds me of astrology. I don't take any of these systems seriously. Interesting chart though.

BlueinGreen
09-01-2009, 09:50 PM

I don't believe in the Zodiac one bit, much less in a Zodiac-MBTI correlation. How could these things possibly have any bearing on each other?

(or was this just supposed to be for fun?)

Soar337
10-06-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm a virgo and INFP.

However, I've always known I wasn't a virgo, not at all. I always had to feeling that I was more water influenced. (My chart says so) I feel like I can relate mostly to Pisces/Scorpio. Maybe also Leo

Snuggletron
10-06-2009, 03:45 PM
just for funsies:

INFP, 4w5, Aquarius

The zodiac signs make sure to place enough widespread traits within their signs because both my sister and I are Aquarius and she's always telling me how spot on the descriptions are for her, and I feel the same way. However, we are COMPLETELY different to each other.

Asterion
10-06-2009, 04:18 PM
ENTP, 6w7, Cancer... 6 and Cancer seem to go pretty well hand in hand, 6 is usually ISXJs enneagram too. But the ENTP thing, is just like out of this world insane :P

gillie2
10-06-2009, 07:21 PM
To anyone who has ever not really related to your Zodiac sign, you should check out Vedic (Indian) astrology. They use the same signs as Western astrology, but supposedly use more current measurements than Western astrology. Also, the rising sign is your true sign in Vedic astrology. I went from my Western signs (Taurus sun and Scorpio rising) to my Vedic signs (Libra rising and Aries sun.) Anyway, just for fun.

Eye 'n' Teepee
10-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Quit wasting time with astrology. It is complete and utter bullshit, and has been demonstrated as such countless times.

MiasmaResonance
10-15-2009, 07:18 PM

NT Temperament, Air
Gemini, ENTP, 7w6
Gemini, INTP, 5w6
Libra, ENTJ, 1w9
Aquarius, INTJ, 5w4

I would reason that 5w6 = INTJ and 5w4 = INTP.

The 6 enneagram is described as "The committed, security-oriented type. Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy", which seems to be inherently INTJ to me.

The 4 enneagram, although described as an "emotional" type, is also an introspective, absent minded type, much like the INTP. And since the 4 in this case is not the main function, my deduction is reasonable.

"Five Enneagram - Five With A Four Wing: The Iconoclast. The four wing produces an emotional "charge" that complements the five's mental intensity. They are emotionally sensitive and easily overwhelmed, yet at the same time driven to explore their emotional landscapes, often by deliberately entering dark, esoteric, or disturbing arenas of thoughts. Compared to 5w6's, 5w4's have a more intuitive, non-rational approach to knowledge"

The 'intuitive, non-rational approach' speaks to me as a strong Perceiving type, with a fairly weak Thinking percentage.

So, really, it could just depend on your percentages, in the end.

I have observed many INTPs who happen to be 5w4. Most of these had weak Ts and high Ps. I have also seen some with a high Thinking percentage and a lower Perceiving percentage (like myself) who score as 5w6.

Same with INTJs. Those with low Ts and Js would most usually receive 5w4, and those with higher would receive 5w6.

Moiety
10-15-2009, 07:28 PM
There was this ENTJ once that related to me and was a Libra like I am. I'm an enneagram type 8. Hmmm....I wonder if this is somehow....

....all bulshit!

Llewellyn
01-29-2010, 08:19 PM
This theorizing is so silly, guys. Actually the exceptions are many more than those cases that fit well in your systems.
One example: me - ISFJ - E9 - Cancer

It does seem to become silly this far drawn on.
The more factors you correlate, the less strong the correlation.

INFJ: Cancer sun, Sagittarian moon,
Capricorn rising. A few patterns I've
noticed for sun signs around my neck
of the woods:

Cancer, xNFx
Gemini, xSxP
Taurus, xNxP
Virgo, ISxJ
Aquarius, ENxJ
Capricorn IxTJ
Pisces, IxFP
Sagittarius, ENxP
Aries, xNTJ
Leo, ExxP
Scorpio, INxx
Libra, xNxJ

Would you smallen the S and P for Gemini?

Btw, I would be INTP, Gemini, 5w6 (or 5w4 or 9w1), fitting in OP's first idea.

theadoor
01-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rising Sign is in 23 Degrees Cancer
Sun is in 04 Degrees Aries.
Moon is in 27 Degrees Sagittarius.
Enneagram: 7w8
MBTI type: ENTj, with a tiny J
Chinese Zodiac Sign: Monkey

BlueGray
01-31-2010, 06:43 PM
I would reason that 5w6 = INTJ and 5w4 = INTP.

The 6 enneagram is described as "The committed, security-oriented type. Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy", which seems to be inherently INTJ to me.

The 4 enneagram, although described as an "emotional" type, is also an introspective, absent minded type, much like the INTP. And since the 4 in this case is not the main function, my deduction is reasonable.

"Five Enneagram - Five With A Four Wing: The Iconoclast. The four wing produces an emotional "charge" that complements the five's mental intensity. They are emotionally sensitive and easily overwhelmed, yet at the same time driven to explore their emotional landscapes, often by deliberately entering dark, esoteric, or disturbing arenas of thoughts. Compared to 5w6's, 5w4's have a more intuitive, non-rational approach to knowledge"

The 'intuitive, non-rational approach' speaks to me as a strong Perceiving type, with a fairly weak Thinking percentage.

So, really, it could just depend on your percentages, in the end.

I have observed many INTPs who happen to be 5w4. Most of these had weak Ts and high Ps. I have also seen some with a high Thinking percentage and a lower Perceiving percentage (like myself) who score as 5w6.

Same with INTJs. Those with low Ts and Js would most usually receive 5w4, and those with higher would receive 5w6.

I score as 5w4 with a high T percentage. I do have an even higher P percentage though. Just to provide some extra information.

Ming
04-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Yes! I'm very interested in astrology!

Okay, I'm a 2w3 -> Which correlates with cancer. My Moon conjunct ascendant, and Moon rules cancer. So I guess psychologically/emotionally (which the moon represents) I would be a 2w3. However it is in Aries, in the 12th house. So I don't know.

I'm an Aquarian Sun. I told you I had a secret INTJ hiding behind that ESFP :D!

I might also be a 3w2 (like 2w3) which is Leo. Leo is my chart ruler (Mars in Aries is in Leo in the 5th house), so I can see where the ESFP originates. It's all very correlating for me :yes:!

And since I am Chinese, of course Chinese astrology is going to be something I really know. I won't talk about my Bazi, or my Imperial Palaces, though I'll say I'm a Yin Wood Boar as the Year; the Pig correlates with 'water' BTW.

I have an Aries Ascendant; so I might seem like an ISTP? 8w9? I'm not very sure. I have an Aries Moon as well!

JFrombaugh
06-01-2010, 06:45 AM

I am an INFP Capricorn myself. :yim_rolling_on_the_

MiasmaResonance
06-01-2010, 07:51 AM
An INTP Sagittarius..how does that work?
Please, tell me.

chihuahuasrluv
06-09-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm a Leo but my birth chart is heavily influenced by Libra. I also have Aquarius for my moon sign. Do you think that affects the SP temperament ? While I get lots of NF/NT I relate to ST/SF types. I also get compared to a lot of ST/SF typed characters. I do believe that astrology & even numerology play into your MBTI so I like this post. My Enneagram is 6 but I'm an incredibly anxious person. If I wasn't I believe I would be a 3 or 9.

Moonstone3
06-12-2010, 01:36 AM
I am INTP, and Gemini Sun with Leo moon conjunct Leo Rising, and a 5/9 tie. All this rings true in what the first post states. And everyone saying this is all bullshit is sadly mistaken. If you are here in the first place, you cannot disregard such an old and highly regarded and used tool for your life. This is Typology, correct?
Take this into account: The human body is composed of 55-78% water. The magnetic pull on Earth from our moon especially, as well as the rest of the solar system is a no-brainer. Look at the tides-how they rise and fall with magnetism. Look at how large the tides are. If you think something as small as a person cannot be affected, you are wrong. Our body is a vessel, just like Earth is a vessel, and they both contain water-being pulled by a large magnetism-therefore scientifically- we are affected by the moon more than any other planet, and that is exactly what astrology states. The moon is the planet of emotion. Whatever sign rules your moon-or where it was in the sky during your time of birth-during such a rude awakening to your first breath of life-you will be affected in that way forever. My moon is in Leo-so my first reaction to a stressful stimuli is over-reaction.
Astrology is a map of the different planets' magnetism affect on your little body throughout your life. Way back when, people studied the skies and correlated the movements with disasters and triumphs-world or individual. This was a observe and report for thousands of years.
If you cannot believe in astrology, I guess you can say women are not at all affected by their menstrual cycle as well then, huh?
Moonstone3 Out!

Moonstone3
06-12-2010, 01:46 AM
My Enneagram is 6 but I'm an incredibly anxious person. If I wasn't I believe I would be a 3 or 9.

6 is actually a very anxious type. One of my long known friends is a 6. She double checks her locks and doorknobs and is constantly asking me if she left her oven on when we leave. :) It is said that 6es constantly exhaust themselves by scanning their environment for danger. They experience criticism as attack, get nervous about authority figures and the more vulnerable they fell, the more anxious they become. I'm a 5/9 tie with 6 a point below them. I can understand. I attribute my great loyalty to this number, seeing through people, and being supportive.:yes:

tenore85
06-25-2010, 09:10 PM
In response to Uberfuhrer, I really don't agree with the way you say that all ESTJs may be capricorns etc. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I know lots of ISFJs and they are all different star signs. If you know enough about MBTI then it's easy to type people based on the language used and then easier to see that for example not everyone who is an ESTJ is a capricorn. I would have typed Cesar Milan as an ESTJ and yet he is a Leo but perhaps I am wrong? Feel free to correct me

boughtmeawalkman
10-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Fixed signs:

Scorpio --> INFJ
Taurus --> ISFJ
Aquarius --> ENTJ
Leo --> ESTJ
------------------

Mutable:

Pisces --> INFP
Virgo --> ISFP
Gemini --> ENTP
Sagittarius --> ESTP
------------------

Cardinal (I have the hardest time with these, however) :

Cancer --> ENFP/ENFJ
Capricorn --> ESFP/ESFJ
Libra --> INTP/INTJ
Aries --> ISTP/ISTJ

I hold the belief that your birthdate defines the sort of personality you have - not just your sign (so someone born October 24th may have a different personality than someone born November 15th. Check out TLC birthday astrology if you want to know more) but currently believe that those born on these specific dates of each sign should have these personality types. If anyone born on one the following doesn't or knows someone else born on one of the following who doesn't, please say so:

Scorpios born October 28th and/or October 29th will be INFJs.
Tauruses born April 24th and/or April 25th will be ISFJs.
Aquariuses born January 25th and/or January 26th will be ENTJs.
Leos born July 26th and/or July 27th will be ESTJs.

Pisces born February 24th and/or February 25th will be INFPs.
Virgos born August 26th and/or August 27th will be ISFPs.
Geminis born May 25th and/or May 26th will be ENTPs.
Sagittariuses born November 27th and/or November 28th will be ESTPs.

Cancers born July 26th and/or July 27th will be ENFPs and/or ENFJs.
Capricorns born December 26th and/or December 27th will be ESFPs and/or ESFJs.
Libras born September 27th and/or September 28th will be INTPs and/or INTJs.
Aries born March 25th and/or March 26th will be ISTPs and/or ISTJs.

Grublet
10-07-2012, 12:57 PM
I am a Gemini and ENTP, perhaps I should consider 7w6 further.

pmcj
01-24-2013, 02:13 AM
Hmmm...

I fit into yours! Aquarius (ascendant Aquarius, too) and ENTP. I think I am 7 sx and Chinese Tiger.

:huh: