PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)

nightwatcher
06-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Tyrion Lannister ENTP (a quintessential ENTP fox)
Jon Snow ENTJ
Arya Stark ISTP
Ned Stark ISTJ
Bran Stark INFP
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
Samwell Tarly INFJ
Jaime Lannister ESTP
Cersei Lannister ENTJ
Tywin Lannister INTJ
Sansa Stark ENFJ
Catelyn Stark ESFJ
Robert Baratheon ESTP
Joffrey Baratheon ENTJ
Littlefinger INTJ (the Ben Linus of the series who “always has a plan”)
The Mountain ISTJ
The Hound ISTJ
The Red Viper ENTP
Stannis Baratheon ISTJ (about as ISTJ as they get)
The Red Priestess INFJ
Theon Greyjoy ESTP
Davos “The Onion Knight” ISTP
Brienne ISFJ
Ser Loras Tyrell “The Knight of Flowers” ESTP
Euron “the Crow’s-Eye” ENTP

6sticks
06-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Best series ever. I don't see anything I disagree with.

Bronn ISTP

nightwatcher
06-02-2008, 04:56 AM
Bronn ISTP[/QUOTE]

No doubt.

This incomplete list is a work-in-progress; I look forward to any additions by other fans.

"The Wall is yours, Jon Snow."

Kora
07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Wouldn't Eddard Stark be an ISTJ?

Misty_Mountain_Rose
08-04-2008, 09:37 PM
I've stalled part way through this series. I got to Feast for Crows and was a bit confused about where everyone I know went. :cry: Is it worth continuing to read? Is the series complete? I don't even know what is after Feast for Crows... :huh:

kelric
08-05-2008, 12:30 AM
I've stalled part way through this series. I got to Feast for Crows and was a bit confused about where everyone I know went. :cry: Is it worth continuing to read? Is the series complete? I don't even know what is after Feast for Crows... :huh:

That's the last one that's been released - GRRM is currently working on the next one, A Dance with Dragons. It's sort of weird how Feast for Crows/Dance with Dragons are going... it started out as one gargantuan book, but in the midst of writing it, GRRM decided that he couldn't finish it in time for FoC's hoped release, and it was simply too big to be one book. But instead of splitting it in two chronologically, he split it in two by characters... which is why major characters like Tyrion, Daenerys, and Jon Snow have pretty small parts in FoC. The parts of the story that focus on them, that take place at the same general time as the events of FoC, will be in Dance with Dragons.

I think I've been waiting for this book for too long :D.

IlyaK1986
08-22-2008, 05:39 AM
Tried reading it. Got bored after Game of Thrones page 269.

SHUT UP AND SHOOT A FIREBALL ALREADY. THIS IS FANTASY, NOT POLITICAL HISTORICAL FICTION IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE.

My god...too much yakking for characters made of glass. Where are our spiky-haired heroes with the BFS and the platinum haired villains and the girls that look like centerfolds who can magically kick the crap out of anyone in the meantime?

Udog
08-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Pretty good type descriptions!

Is the series complete?

No. Actually, even though I love the series, I haven't read Feast for Crows. I just can't bring myself to read any more of this until I know whether or not it gets finished. Considering how long Martin has been working on the last two books, I have my doubts.

SHUT UP AND SHOOT A FIREBALL ALREADY.

This happens on page 270. Should have kept on reading!

cascadeco
10-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Jon Snow ENTJ
Arya Stark ISTP
Ned Stark ISTJ
Bran Stark INFP
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
Samwell Tarly INFJ
Jaime Lannister ESTP
Cersei Lannister ENTJ
Tywin Lannister INTJ
Sansa Stark ENFJ
Catelyn Stark ESFJ
Robert Baratheon ESTP
Joffrey Baratheon ENTJ
Littlefinger INTJ (the Ben Linus of the series who always has a plan)
The Mountain ISTJ
The Hound ISTJ
The Red Viper ENTP
The Red Priestess INFJ
Theon Greyjoy ESTP
Davos The Onion Knight ISTP
Brienne ISFJ
Ser Loras Tyrell The Knight of Flowers ESTP
Euron the Crows-Eye ENTP

I've only read the first 3 books so far, so perhaps there's further character development down the line.

I agree with most of the above, but I have highlighted the ones I either really disagree with, or just think there's not much evidence to go one way or another.

Samwell Tarly -- far cry from INFJ in my opinion. Maybe ISFJ or ISFP.

The Red Priestess - INFJ is possible, but I guess I take issue to priestesses/sorceresses automatically being pinned down as INFJ. To me she could be any NF type (although agree 'J' is most likely - so ENFJ is a likely possibility too), and I don't think INTJ is out of the question either.

Sansa Stark -- seems much more ESFJ to me. I see little evidence of Ni, or any sort of non-SJ temperament, but again, since I've only gotten through book 3, perhaps she matures and develops in later books.

Joffrey Baratheon -- not seeing evidence of Ni, so have a hard time seeing ENTJ (compare him to his mother or to Jon Snow). Actually doesn't seem very NT to me. Seems more SP. Or maybe ESTJ.

The Hound - ISTJ is probable. I'm just not sold on it.

Theon Greyjoy -- I would have guessed ENTJ before ESTP. Seems more NT in temperament to me than SP. More of a long-range schemer.

6sticks
10-22-2008, 12:09 AM
I don't see anything I disagree with.
Actually...

Arya Stark ESTP
Catelyn Stark ESTJ
Red Priestess ENFJ, probably.

Crazydaisy
07-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Tywin Lannister - INTJ
Eddard Stark: ISTJ
Catelyn Tully: ESFJ
Jaime Lannister: ENTP
Jon Snow: ENTJ? INTJ?
Robb Stark: ESFP
Robert Baratheon: ESTP
Cersei Lannister: ESFJ?
Tyrion Lannister: ENTJ? ENTP? ENFJ?
Stannis Baratheon: INTJ
Renly Baratheon: ESFP
Bronn: ESTP
Littlefinger: ENFJ
The hound: ISTP?
Sam: ISFJ

Post any more, or debate!

JivinJeffJones
07-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Tywin Lannister - INTJ
Eddard Stark: ISTJ
Catelyn Tully: ESFJ
Jaime Lannister: ENTP I would guess ESTP, compared to Tyrion ENTP
Jon Snow: ENTJ? INTJ
Robb Stark: ESFP
Robert Baratheon: ESTP
Cersei Lannister: ESFJ?
Tyrion Lannister: ENTJ? ENTP? ENFJ?
Stannis Baratheon: INTJ Unhealthy ISTJ imo. Distinct lack of strategic vision. Unbending.
Renly Baratheon: ESFP
Bronn: ESTP
Littlefinger: ENFJ
The hound: ISTP?
Sam: ISFJ

Post any more, or debate!

Hard to tell with some of them. Cersei seems to identify herself as being somehow masculine ("I should have been born the son!") which suggests T, but otherwise seems to fit the profile of an unhealthy ESFJ better than that of an unhealthy ESTJ. She's a bit of a nutter which confuses things.

SpottingTrains
07-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Now I have to read these books again! Dammmmmmitttt

SpottingTrains
07-30-2009, 07:04 AM
What about Arya? She always reminded me of an ENFJ for some reason, though I haven't read the books in a long time so I can't really say.

Nicodemus
10-10-2011, 11:15 AM
http://www.mikrocontroller.net/attachment/106052/uh44337_1227729183_hippo_bump.jpg

Qlip
10-10-2011, 11:45 AM

SHUT UP AND SHOOT A FIREBALL ALREADY. THIS IS FANTASY, NOT POLITICAL HISTORICAL FICTION IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE.

My god...too much yakking for characters made of glass. Where are our spiky-haired heroes with the BFS and the platinum haired villains and the girls that look like centerfolds who can magically kick the crap out of anyone in the meantime?

This is why we can't have more good fantasy.

Blanchard
10-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Tyrion Lannister ENTP, yes.
Jon Snow ISTJ, i think that he is very introverted and sensitive, nothing ENTJ. He is very similiar to his father.
Arya Stark ISTP, yes.
Ned Stark ISTJ , yes, he is a serious ISTJ.
Bran Stark INFP, yes.
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ, yes.
Samwell Tarly ISFP, i don´t look the intuition and no judging.
Jaime Lannister ESTP? I think that he can be ENTJ but ESTP work good also.
Cersei Lannister INTJ, she is introverted.
Tywin Lannister xNTJ
Sansa Stark ENFJ, yes.
Catelyn Stark ESFJ, yes.
Robert Baratheon ESFJ, he is sentimental and judged.
Joffrey Baratheon ExTJ
Littlefinger INTJ, yes, perfect.
The Mountain ISTJ, yes.
The Hound ISTJ, yes.
Stannis Baratheon ISTJ, yes.
Ser Loras Tyrell “The Knight of Flowers” ESTP, and ESFP?

Nic
12-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Ja'qen H'gar: INTP? Maybe that's just wishful thinking because I like him and there aren't any of my kind in the series.
Jojen Reed: INFJ
Meera Reed: ESFP, maybe ESFJ?
Varys: ENFJ, I think. He's hard to type.
Old Bear Mormont: INTJ
Beric Dondarrin: ENTP

ZPowers
02-10-2012, 09:47 AM
I was just reading Storm of Swords earlier and thinking "Geez, Stannis, you are the biggest ISTJ ever" and decided maybe I'd look up what people think of characters as diverse as Bran Stark and Vargo Hoat, only to find no such thread exists.

Surely, whether you watch the series or read the books, it is worth a go talking over all the character types?

Anaita
02-13-2012, 07:48 PM
I've only read the first 3 books so far, so perhaps there's further character development down the line.

I agree with most of the above, but I have highlighted the ones I either really disagree with, or just think there's not much evidence to go one way or another.

Samwell Tarly -- far cry from INFJ in my opinion. Maybe ISFJ or ISFP.

The Red Priestess - INFJ is possible, but I guess I take issue to priestesses/sorceresses automatically being pinned down as INFJ. To me she could be any NF type (although agree 'J' is most likely - so ENFJ is a likely possibility too), and I don't think INTJ is out of the question either.

Sansa Stark -- seems much more ESFJ to me. I see little evidence of Ni, or any sort of non-SJ temperament, but again, since I've only gotten through book 3, perhaps she matures and develops in later books.

Joffrey Baratheon -- not seeing evidence of Ni, so have a hard time seeing ENTJ (compare him to his mother or to Jon Snow). Actually doesn't seem very NT to me. Seems more SP. Or maybe ESTJ.

The Hound - ISTJ is probable. I'm just not sold on it.

Theon Greyjoy -- I would have guessed ENTJ before ESTP. Seems more NT in temperament to me than SP. More of a long-range schemer.

I agree with your alterations. Also, I'm thinking Varys for INFJ... no one knows who he "really" is, or a clear idea of his long-range goals and motivations. Many in book characters don't even realize he has them, but it's definitely implied to the reader that there's some goal he's working toward and cares about very much - whether or not it's for "the realm" as he has claimed to some is to be seen.

ZPowers
02-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Ja'qen H'gar: INTP? Maybe that's just wishful thinking because I like him and there aren't any of my kind in the series.

Not totally sure about his type, but I'm at the end of Storm of Swords and I agree. You'd think you'd find at least one important INTP in this maze of characters.

Jade Curtiss
02-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Not totally sure about his type, but I'm at the end of Storm of Swords and I agree. You'd think you'd find at least one important INTP in this maze of characters.

I'd put Qyburn, Doran Martell, and Maester Luwin as INTPs. 5w4 for the first and 5w6 for the latter two. Though they are also minor characters. Jaqen definitely seems xNTP, and I would lean toward INTP, but ENTP is also plausible. One of the coolest characters too, in a series loaded with them.

I'm still reading through ADWD atm, but I have a massive and growing list of character types for the series which I'll post once I'm finished.

For now, my estimates of the major viewpoint characters:

Eddard Stark: ISTJ 1w9-6w5-3w2 sx/sp? RCOan
Catelyn Stark: ISfJ 6w7-1w2-2w1 sx/sp rCOaN
Sansa Stark: EsFJ 2w3-9w1-6w7 so/sx slOAN
Arya Stark: iSTP 8w7-7w8-4w3 sp/sx rcUEI
Bran Stark: INFP 9w1 or 6w5-4w5 sx/so rCUAI
Jon Snow: INFJ 6w5-1w9-4w5 sx/so rCuAI
Samwell Tarly: InFp? 9w1-7w6-2w3 so/sp? sluAI
Tyrion Lannister: ENTP 7w6-3w4-1w9 sx/sp SCoxI
Jaime Lannister: ESTP 7w8-3w4 sx/so SCuEn
Cersei Lannister: ENfJ 3w4 or 8w7 sx/sp? rcoEx
Daenerys Targaryen: INFJ 1w9-4w5 sx/so? rCoeI
Davos Seaworth: IStJ 6w5-1w9 so/sp? RCOAN
Theon Greyjoy: ESTP 7w8-3w4-8w7 so/sx SLUEn
Brienne of Tarth: ISTJ or ISFP 1w9-6w5 so/sx RCoAN

Jade Curtiss
02-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Jojen Reed: INFJ
Meera Reed: ESFP, maybe ESFJ?
Varys: ENFJ, I think. He's hard to type.
Old Bear Mormont: INTJ
Beric Dondarrin: ENTP

Meera Reed: ESFP, yes
Varys: INFJ

I agree with the rest.

Elfboy
06-17-2012, 03:47 AM
I'm posting based off of the 1st season, feel free to type based off of either the book or the TV series

Eddard Stark: ISTJ 1w9>3w2>6w5 So/Sx
Catelyn Stark: ISTJ 1w2>6w7>2w1 So/Sx
Bran Stark: ?SFP 7w6>9w1>??? Sx/Sp
Rob Stark: ??FJ 1w9>2w3>6w7 So/Sx
Sansa Stark: ISFJ 6w7 or 9w1 with a 2w3 fix Sx/Sp
Arya Stark: ISFP 7w8>8w9>4w5 Sx/Sp
Jon Snow: I?FJ 1w9>2w3>6w7 So/Sx

Robert Baratheon: ES?P 8w7>7w8>3w2 Sx/So
Joffrey Baratheon: ESTP 6w7>3w2>8w7 Sx/So

Tyrion Lannister: ENTP 7w6>3w2>9w8 Sp/So
Jaime Lannister: ESTP 3w2>7w8>8w7 Sx/So
Cersei Lannister: ESTJ 3w4>5w6>8w9 Sp/Sx
Tywin Lannister: ESTJ 8w9>3w2>5w6 So/Sp

Daenerys Targaryen: ISFP 9w8>6w7>??? Sx/Sp
Khal Drogo: ISTP 8w7>3w2>7w8 Sx/So
Viserys Targaryen: no clue, too narcissistic to type LOL

Theon Greyjoy: ESFP 6w7>3w2>1w? So/Sx

EDIT:
- tritypes added
- Cersei changed to ESTJ

Nicodemus
06-17-2012, 05:38 PM
I propose we continue this thread (http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/5839-g-r-r-martin-s-song-ice-fire-characters.html) and ask a moderator - such as Vasilisa - to give it a name suited to both the books and the TV series.

Vasilisa
06-17-2012, 06:18 PM
I merged the threads and happily expanded the title.

Alwyn
06-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Based on reading (almost) the first two books and watching the first season + a few episodes of season 2:

Eddard: ISTJ
Catelyn: xSFJ
Robb: ESTJ
Sansa: ENFJ
Arya: ISTP
Bran: INFP
Jon: INFJ
Sam: ISFP (?)
Theon: ESTP (?)
Robert: ESFP
Cersei: ESFJ
Joffrey: ESTx
Jaime: ESTP
Tyrion: ENTP
Tywin: xNTJ
Stannis: ISTJ
Renly: ExFP
Littlefinger: INTJ
Varys: INTP (?)
Daenerys: INFJ
Viserys: ExFP
Ser Jorah: ISFP
Bronn: ISTP
Brienne: ISxP

Elfboy
06-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Based on reading (almost) the first two books and watching the first season + a few episodes of season 2:
Eddard: ISTJ
yes (1w9 So/Sx)

Catelyn: xSFJ
I don't think so, I'd say ISTJ 1w2 So/Sx

Robb: ESTJ
nooo, he's definitely a Feeler of some kind, maybe ENFJ?

Sansa: ENFJ
I could see that.

Arya: ISTP
ISFP (she has Fi) 7w8 Sx/Sp

Bran: INFP
seems xSFP to me. 7w6 Sx/Sp

Jon: INFJ
yes (either a 9, a 1 or a 2 So/Sx)

Sam: ISFP (?)
your guess is as good as mine

Theon: ESTP (?)
kinda seemed like an ESFJ to me 6w7 So/Sx

Robert: ESFP
definitely Se dom, but I think ESTP (definitely an 8w7 Sx/So)

Cersei: ESFJ
not feelin this typing. she's far too cold and calculating, I'd say some sort of TJ

Joffrey: ESTx
ESTP 6w7 Sx/So

Jaime: ESTP
ESTP 3w2 Sx/So

Tyrion: ENTP
YES! ENTP 7w6 Sp/??

Tywin: xNTJ
ENTJ 8w? So/Sp

Littlefinger: INTJ
yeah. I think he's a 6w5 Sp/Sx

Varys: INTP (?)
I thought INFJ (6w? Sp/So)

Daenerys: INFJ
I thought INTJ or ISFP (I saw Ni and Fi as opposed to Ni and Fe, but you could be right here) 9w8 Sx/Sp

Viserys: ExFP
I was thinking Ne dom gone to hell, so ENFP works. 4w3 Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp[/QUOTE]

Alwyn
06-25-2012, 08:06 AM
@ Elfboy

I really don't see any Te in Catelyn. She is driven in her life bij her sense of duty (SJ) and her love of her family, her children in particular She's constantly trying to fulfil their needs and she puts her own needs away for them. She also sympathize with other people quickly, like with Brienne. I think she's most likely Si > Fe (ISFJ)

Robb I find difficult to type, because we don't see much from him personally in the first two books/series. I don't know if he's a POV character later on, but I hope so. So far I don't see NF in him though. He's much alike his father working in the traditionally way, doing his 'duties'.

I see Bran as an INFP because of his "shy" nature and ability to see right through things. The way he connected to dreams and magical stuff seems very NFP.

Theon seems to me a risk-taker, loving action and war. He's smart and knows strategies to fight, but if he has taken what he's fighting for he can't keep it (I don't see any long-planning J in that). I don't think he is very good in imagining what other people are thinking and feeling. He can't motivate other people to stand by his side.

Cersei is an ESFJ, just not a typical one. I believe she's an ESFJ "gone to hell" (to use your nice choice of words). She's a control freak first class. She rules by manipulating other people emotionally. She can be very charming and she's trying to read other people's minds, focusing on their motives and beliefs. I don't see a strategical rational planner here. She keeps a lot to herself (though probably she'll share it with Jaime) but I believe this is because of her "gone to hell" / traumatic experience with her marriage.

About Viserys you're probably right. ;)

ZPowers
06-26-2012, 04:01 AM
Alwyn, as you go on in the books I'll bet you'll become increasingly certain Cersei is a TJ. She seems to be a bit more tender in the show than she was in the books. For example, in the books she doesn't express nearly as much concern over the fact that Joffrey is clearly a sociopathic, sadistic monster, she only gets somewhat upset about how difficult he is to wrangle or manipulate into making more prudent choices at times.

I'd also agree with Elfboy about Theon, I think. His actions are motivated by a need to prove himself to his (estranged) family (and, to be frank, the whole thing wasn't that well planned).

Alwyn
06-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Alwyn, as you go on in the books I'll bet you'll become increasingly certain Cersei is a TJ. She seems to be a bit more tender in the show than she was in the books. For example, in the books she doesn't express nearly as much concern over the fact that Joffrey is clearly a sociopathic, sadistic monster, she only gets somewhat upset about how difficult he is to wrangle or manipulate into making more prudent choices at times.

Well I have read the first two books and I don't see a T in her. Why should anyone be a T if they can't see the truth about those they love? I don't think she is F because of her 'tenderness', but the way she wants to control everyone emotionally - which I see as a very unhealthy Fe funtion. In Clash of Kings with the power match with Tyrion she's trying to overwin him by feelings. She wants herself to feel safe and she's trying to beat Tyrion emotionally by trying to find his favorite whore. She isn't that strategic as her little brother. She is, however, a very unhealthy person which make her difficult to type I guess.

Theon I'm not sure about, so maybe you're right about that, though I don't think if you want to prove yourself to your family you're automatically a F? It's more the way he does that, I think, what will determine his type.

proudofmytype31
06-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Interesting post. I love Game of Thrones! Never thought about typology.

segovois
07-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Based on TV show :

STARK:
Edward Starck : ISTJ
Catelyn Stark : ESFJ
Robb Stark : ISFJ
Sansa Stark: ISFJ
Jon Snow : INFP
Aria starck : ISTP
Theon Greyjoy : ESTP

LANNISTER :
Tyrion Lannister : ENTP
Cersei Lannister : ENFJ
Jamie Lannister : ISTJ
Geoffrey : ENTJ

BARATHEON :
Robert Baratheon : ESFP
Renly Baratheon : ENFP
Stannis Baratheon : ISTJ

TARGARYEN :
Daenerys Targaryen : ISTP
her bodyguard : ISTJ

Others :
Lord Baelish, Littlefinger : INTJ
Lord Varys, l'eunuque : ENFJ
Samwell Tarly: ISFP
Brienne de Torth : looks ISTP with F side
Melissandre, : INFJ
Loras Tyrell : ESFP

Wolfie
07-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Euron?

Cloud of Thunder
07-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Having finished the first season, Eddard Stark is definitely ISTJ and Tyrion Lannister is definitely ENTP. I also believe that both Robb Stark and Jon Snow are both INFJs, probably my two favorite characters, next to Catelyn, who strikes me as ExFJ.

And very good to all the people who guessed Varys. Good example of a "shady" INFJ.

I'll think of the other people later.

Cloud of Thunder
07-22-2012, 07:30 AM
Having finished the first season, Eddard Stark is definitely ISTJ and Tyrion Lannister is definitely ENTP. I also believe that both Robb Stark and Jon Snow are both INFJs, probably my two favorite characters, next to Catelyn, who strikes me as ExFJ.

And very good to all the people who guessed Varys. Good example of a "shady" INFJ.

I'll think of the other people later.

Chiharu
01-14-2013, 03:07 AM
At first I though Daenerys was an ENFP, now I lean more toward ENFJ.

Camelotlord
01-16-2013, 11:27 AM
George Martin?
Cersei Lannister INTJ
Robb Stark INTJ
Joffrey INTJ
Sansa ISFJ
Tyrian ENTP
Eddark ISTJ
Stannis ISTJ
ROBERT ESTP
Catelyn ESFJ
Renly ENFJ
Jamie ENTJ
Tywin INTJ

trancemode
01-21-2013, 01:42 AM
A few that come to mind, from the books.

Tyrion ENTP
Arya ISTP
Sansa ENFJ
Robert ESTP
Cersei ENTJ
Joffrey Tyrant/Psychopath
Stannis ISTJ
Jaime ESTP
Jon Snow INFJ

KDude
01-21-2013, 01:45 AM

Yeah, there's no point in typing him. He's a freak.

Stephano
02-17-2013, 07:05 PM

I hate this guy so much, just want to slap him.
He seems ENFJ to me

King Robert is ESFP. He doesn't like disputes. When his wife ordered to kill the shadow wolves, he agreed with her just to keep harmony.

msg_v2
04-20-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm with the camp that believes Jon Snow to be an ENTJ. My reasoning based on this are found here. (http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46862&page=38&p=2067431&viewfull=1#post2067431)

I sense that most of the people describing him as an INFJ are basing this on the series. As the story goes on, (I've read all five books), however, he does things that seem like something someone more comfortable with logic than ethics would do. Some of that, I think, will start to show this this season on the show.

I think people just take his strong sense of fairness, and then assume "Oh, he must be an NF." However, NT morality can actually place a strong emphasis on fairness. Fairness is actually a very systematic system of morality. Not all NT's are intent on becoming Randian superman, you know.

Elfboy
04-24-2013, 07:07 AM
yup

Jon Snow ENTJ
noooo! I?FJ

Arya Stark ISTP
ISFP she's extremely Fi. she looks ISTP because she's a 7w8 tomboy, but I see no Ti in her

Ned Stark ISTJ
without a doubt

Bran Stark INFP
I thought ISFP. INFP could work

Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
I think she's I?FP. she doesn't display her feelings like an FJ

Samwell Tarly INFJ
ENFP

Jaime Lannister ESTP
yes, possibly ESFP

Cersei Lannister ENTJ
I think INTJ, but ENTJ works

Tywin Lannister INTJ
definitely a xxTJ, I think ESTJ personally

Sansa Stark ENFJ
some sort of IxFx

Catelyn Stark ESFJ
IS?J

Robert Baratheon ESTP
ESFP

Joffrey Baratheon ENTJ
noo, an ES?P who is an ENTJ wannabe

yes, and a more realistic portrayal of INTJ at that. (most of the the examples people think are INTJ are actually ENTJ, usually an ENTJ bent on world domination). he captures the more sensitive, sentimental side of INTJ left out of most of the descriptions which make them all sound 8w7 Sp/Sx with a 3w4 fix

really? I saw him an ENTJ

The Red Priestess INFJ
probably

Theon Greyjoy ESTP
I have trouble seeing him as a T. if he's ESTP, he's in a SEVERE Se/Fe loop

Brienne ISFJ
ISTJ

nooo, he's too FP to function (plus he's gay, and all cute gay guys are FPs :newwink: )

who was this again?

Riva
04-24-2013, 10:01 AM
I absolutely love the show. Haven't read the books though.

Some disagreements I had but others seem to agree on are (i'm typing from the show and not the books) -

Littlefinger typed as intj do to his planning skills (the man with the plan he is called). But he seems more like a moment grabber who waits for the tides to turn, collects information and makes friends just in case (for future 'possibilities') than to serve a definite plan. His methods of manipulation have an extreme salesman pitch which is not commonly seen in intjs. The best example to my 1st point was his attempt to get rid of jeoffry which was more opportunistic than carefully planned. He is extremely different to benjamin linus who has been compared to him in this thread. Benjamin linus did a lot of things which appeared completely unrelated but apparently wasn't so in the end. It is possible that the actor's acting is confusing me. Also I though eddard stark was an isfj and not istj.

Nicodemus
04-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Some disagreements I had but others seem to agree on are (i'm typing from the show and not the books) -

Littlefinger typed as intj do to his planning skills (the man with the plan he is called). But he seems more like a moment grabber who waits for the tides to turn, collects information and makes friends just in case (for future 'possibilities') than to serve a definite plan. His methods of manipulation have an extreme salesman pitch which is not commonly seen in intjs. The best example to my 1st point was his attempt to get rid of jeoffry which was more opportunistic than carefully planned. He is extremely different to benjamin linus who has been compared to him in this thread. Benjamin linus did a lot of things which appeared completely unrelated but apparently wasn't so in the end. It is possible that the actor's acting is confusing me. Also I though eddard stark was an isfj and not istj.
You have not seen the whole Littlefinger yet. Heed Varys' words from the most recent episode.

Riva
04-24-2013, 11:07 AM
You have not seen the whole Littlefinger yet. Heed Varys' words from the most recent episode.Well I haven't completed the 3rd season yet. Assuming he is an intj is it safe to assume he is so/sx and i'm interested to know his etype too. He has an extroverted vibe which really genuinely seem extroverted. Of course this could the actor. Maybe entj?

Nicodemus
04-24-2013, 11:21 AM
In the books, Littlefinger has style; in the TV show, he merely has manners. He is also a lot more secretive - read: circumspect - in the books.

titanguy
06-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Jon Snow...is an IxFP.

I can't believe I saw him getting pegged as an ENTJ, Lol.

IndyAnnaJoan
01-24-2014, 01:46 AM
Jon Snow ISFP
Arya Stark ISTP Though in the beginning of the books, she seems more Fi. She becomes more Ti with age, it seems. Either is possible, and perhaps children are too young to type, even when they are fictional characters.
Ned Stark ISTJ
Bran Stark INFP
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
Samwell Tarly INFP
Jaime Lannister ESTP
Cersei Lannister InTJ
Tywin Lannister INTJ
Sansa Stark ISFJ or... INFP. Definitely a feeler and Si/Ne in some combination.
Catelyn Stark ENFJ
Robert Baratheon ESFP
Joffrey Baratheon ENTJ Someone dumb. Not sure which type.
The Mountain ISTJ Don't know enough about this character to decide a type. Only up to book 2.
The Hound ISTJ Really? ISTJ? He's a soldier and listens to his orders. But he questions it quite a bit too. And he seems to despise authority.
The Red Viper ENTP Not sure who this character is yet. :x
The Red Priestess INFJ
Theon Greyjoy ESTP I've considered ESFP, too.
Brienne ISFP
Ser Loras Tyrell “The Knight of Flowers” xSFP

Also:
Renly Baratheon xxFP
Varys ENFJ. Or INFJ
Lord Frey... maybe INTJ
Bronn ISTP
Shae maybe an ESFP
Margaery Tyrell INFJ
Viscerys Targaryean ? Is loser a type?
Khal Drogo ESTP
Olenna ENTJ
Ser Jorah Mormont xSxx I lean towards him being an SP rather than an SJ. But I'm not too certain with him.

Jon Snow...is an IxFP.

I can't believe I saw him getting pegged as an ENTJ, Lol.
Completely agreed!! And I lean more towards ISFP. He's action oriented and lives by his sword. Dreamed of being a ranger. He holds on to so many feelings and is gentle with those more vulnerable, like Sam.

msg_v2
01-24-2014, 03:10 AM
The Hound: ISTP
Sansa Stark: ISFJ
Ned Stark: ISTJ
Robert Baratheon: ESFP
Jaime Lannister: ESTP
Samwell Tarly: INTP (author avatar, obviously)
Asha/Yara Greyjoy: ENTx They changed some things in the show at the end of last season, though, so who knows if they are sticking with that story-line.

Coming this season:

Oberyn Martell (the aforementioned Red Viper): ENTP

MasterOfAwesome
01-24-2014, 05:50 AM
Ned Stark - ISTJ
Catelyn Stark - ISFJ
Robb Stark - ESTJ
Bran Stark - ISFP
Sansa Stark - ENFJ
Arya Stark - ISTP (I don't think an Fi-dom would resort to killing as the immediate solution, in the books she seems to have a penchant for arriving at morbid conclusions, even when the problem in question is as simplistic as a mere disagreement, she wanted to kill some merchant just because the merchant would not sell his stuff for a cheaper price)
Jon Snow - ISFP (he does become ENTJish after the third book... emergence of shadow?)

Tyrion Lannister - ENTP
Tywin Lannister - INTJ
Cersei Lannister - ENTJ
Jaime Lannister - ESTP (can an Se-dom be heavily retrospective and nostalgic, though?)
Kevan Lannister - ESTJ
Joffrey Lannister - ESFP (Se-Te loop)

Varys - INFJ
Littlefinger - INTJ
Red Lady - INFJ
Pycelle - ESFJ
Qyburn - INTP
Daenerys - INFP
Mormont - ISFJ
Barristan Selmy - ESTJ
The Hound - ISTP
The Mountain - ISTx
Bronn - ISTP

Robert Baratheon - ESFP (healthier Se-Te loop than Joffrey's, also seems to be retrospective and nostalgic)
Renly Baratheon - ENFP
Stannis Baratheon - ISTJ

IndyAnnaJoan
01-24-2014, 09:03 AM
Ned Stark - ISTJ
Catelyn Stark - ISFJ
Robb Stark - ESTJ
Bran Stark - ISFP
Sansa Stark - ENFJ
Arya Stark - ISTP (I don't think an Fi-dom would resort to killing as the immediate solution, in the books she seems to have a penchant for arriving at morbid conclusions, even when the problem in question is as simplistic as a mere disagreement, she wanted to kill some merchant just because the merchant would not sell his stuff for a cheaper price)
Jon Snow - ISFP (he does become ENTJish after the third book... emergence of shadow?)

Tyrion Lannister - ENTP
Tywin Lannister - INTJ
Cersei Lannister - ENTJ
Jaime Lannister - ESTP (can an Se-dom be heavily retrospective and nostalgic, though?)
Kevan Lannister - ESTJ
Joffrey Lannister - ESFP (Se-Te loop)

Varys - INFJ
Littlefinger - INTJ
Red Lady - INFJ
Pycelle - ESFJ
Qyburn - INTP
Daenerys - INFP
Mormont - ISFJ
Barristan Selmy - ESTJ
The Hound - ISTP
The Mountain - ISTx
Bronn - ISTP

Robert Baratheon - ESFP (healthier Se-Te loop than Joffrey's, also seems to be retrospective and nostalgic)
Renly Baratheon - ENFP
Stannis Baratheon - ISTJ

I think you're right about Jaime Lannister, Robert Baratheon and Joffrey Lannister. Se-Te loop makes sense. Definitely a unhealthy version of whatever type he is, and that ones makes sense. I can really only speak from an ISFP's point of view and not an Se-dom point of view, but yes, Se types can/are retrospective.

Also:
Bran is so an INFP, in my opinion.
And Daenaerys is so an INFJ.

Emotionalogic
01-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Ned Stark - ISTJ Yes
Catelyn Stark - ISFJ Yes
Robb Stark - ESTJ Yes
Bran Stark - ISFP Yes
Sansa Stark - ENFJ Yes
Arya Stark - ISTP (I don't think an Fi-dom would resort to killing as the immediate solution, in the books she seems to have a penchant for arriving at morbid conclusions, even when the problem in question is as simplistic as a mere disagreement, she wanted to kill some merchant just because the merchant would not sell his stuff for a cheaper price) Yes
Jon Snow - ISFP (he does become ENTJish after the third book... emergence of shadow?) Yes

Tyrion Lannister - ENTP Yes
Tywin Lannister - INTJ No. ESTJ. A traditionally minded, severe, hyper-competent administrator
Cersei Lannister - ENTJ ESFJ pretending to be an INTJ
Jaime Lannister - ESTP (can an Se-dom be heavily retrospective and nostalgic, though?) Yes and Yes
Kevan Lannister - ESTJ ISFJ
Joffrey Lannister - ESFP (Se-Te loop) Yes

Varys - INFJ Good One
Littlefinger - INTJ ENTP. Too opportunistic to be a J. He doesn't control, he adapts
Red Lady - INFJ Yes
Pycelle - ESFJ Or ISFJ
Qyburn - INTP Yes
Daenerys - INFP No. A charismatic fe user, not a dreamy fi user. XNFJ, probably INFJ
Mormont - ISFJ Yes
Barristan Selmy - ESTJ ISTJ
The Hound - ISTP Yes
The Mountain - ISTx ESTJ
Bronn - ISTP Yes

Robert Baratheon - ESFP (healthier Se-Te loop than Joffrey's, also seems to be retrospective and nostalgic) He's actually very adroit and logical. ESTP
Renly Baratheon - ENFP ENFJ
Stannis Baratheon - ISTJ Well, duh.

On the whole, good typing.

Stephano
02-14-2014, 08:59 AM
Now it all seems clear to me. Ned is screaming ISFJ and Catelyn's the ISTJ.
Thanks to funkymbtifiction.tumblr.com

Fe: He is a peacemaker who doesn’t like conflict and strives to avoid it. He warns even Cercei of his impending actions, since he doesn’t desire her or her children harm. Ned believes in fairness and in hearing both sides; he isn’t afraid to doll out justice and punishment when needed, and to act harshly, but he never enjoys it. Ned objects to killing without mercy or trial. He has a hard time saying no when appointed to a position that takes him far from home, and strives to protect his daughters above all.

Te: She is a woman of action, who makes whatever she wants to happen a reality. Catelyn uses the world around her and the people in it to execute her ideas; she recruits others to take Tyrion Lannister prisoner; she helps her son form strategies; and she surrenders to her sister’s authority in the trial. Catelyn stands by the governing laws that surround her, sometimes relying on them so heavily it endangers her life when others violate them.

ALL-HAIL-ME
02-14-2014, 10:48 AM
On the whole, good typing.
Thank God someone sees Littlefinger as an ENTP. I also agree with those types. Also I think that Cersei is an extremely unhealthy ESFJ who wants to be a man but she can't be, so she behaves like an ESTP (she idolises her brother) and some times as an ESTJ (she likes to think of herself as her father's daughter) and not as an INTJ. But that's nitpicking.

Hive
02-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Littlefinger - INTJ ENTP. Too opportunistic to be a J. He doesn't control, he adapts

Thank God someone sees Littlefinger as an ENTP.
I beg to differ, but won't elaborate unless you've read the books.

Hive
02-14-2014, 11:39 AM
doublepost

ALL-HAIL-ME
02-14-2014, 01:58 PM
I have read all the books so far and I still see him as an ENTP. Of course he has long plans, but we ENTPs can have long plans as well. But he is way to opportunistic and adaptable to be INTJ or ENTJ, if you have those types in your mind.

Poindexter Arachnid
02-24-2014, 06:10 AM
INTJ.

Like a master chess player, Littlefinger waits for his opponent to make the wrong move...
It's isn't opportunity as much as it is foresight.

You better believe he's controlling events (see season 1 with the dagger leading to the arrest of Tyrion, maneuvering Lord Stark to investigate the Cersei/Jaime affair which led to the Stark insurrection) but it is so subtle and under-the-radar that you don't notice it until it is too late...he is an amoral monster who has one objective and that makes him a very dangerous person--perhaps the most dangerous man in all of Westeros.

I like this guy.

Riva
02-24-2014, 07:55 AM
I read half if the book two and was shocked as to how boring the books were and how terrible some of the castings were.

However it's still a brilliant book and most if the castings were spot on.

cafe we discussed this earlier in case you don't remember: from my experience (esp after reading one if the books of this particular series) is that it us better to read the book before seeing any of the screen adaptations.

ALL-HAIL-ME
02-24-2014, 09:08 AM
INTJ.

Like a master chess player, Littlefinger waits for his opponent to make the wrong move...
It's isn't opportunity as much as it is foresight.

You better believe he's controlling events (see season 1 with the dagger leading to the arrest of Tyrion, maneuvering Lord Stark to investigate the Cersei/Jaime affair which led to the Stark insurrection) but it is so subtle and under-the-radar that you don't notice it until it is too late...he is an amoral monster who has one objective and that makes him a very dangerous person--perhaps the most dangerous man in all of Westeros.

I like this guy.

Littlefinger adapts on the moves of others. He makes his subtle moves and he waits the reaction of others. He made his moves in season 1 and prior to the first book and he waited the chaos that the Starks and Lannisters would bring in Westeros. He wants opportunities so he creates them. As he says, he thrives in chaos. He doesn't have one single plan rather he adapts well in chaos. That's what makes him the most dangerous person in Westeros.
On the other hand, Varys - an INFJ- has a great plan in his mind that he shares with no one. He is the subtle and under-the-radar master chess player. But once you learn his methods you can predict his next moves. With Littlefinger you can expect the unpredictable.

Poindexter Arachnid
02-24-2014, 10:08 PM
Littlefinger adapts on the moves of others. He makes his subtle moves and he waits the reaction of others. He made his moves in season 1 and prior to the first book and he waited the chaos that the Starks and Lannisters would bring in Westeros. He wants opportunities so he creates them. As he says, he thrives in chaos. He doesn't have one single plan rather he adapts well in chaos. That's what makes him the most dangerous person in Westeros.

+1 on the bolded.

However, he never has a single plan--he has one objective. This is the game and he is the best player.
And he knows how people will react to the "chaos" he orchestrates long before the plan is set in motion.

And Littlefinger telegraphs his punches like an exhausted boxer. Nonetheless...

Remember when Cersei flipped that on him in Season 2 when she instructed him to find Arya?
Inferior Se backfire, bro. Inferior Se. She doesn't play the game--she exerts Te force (admirable, imo).

On the other hand, Varys - an INFJ- has a great plan in his mind that he shares with no one. He is the subtle and under-the-radar master chess player. But once you learn his methods you can predict his next moves. With Littlefinger you can expect the unpredictable.

Both characters are essentially the same in this regard, only Varys isn't an absolute nihilist.
He actually "serves" King's Landing unlike Baelish (who only serves himself).

While Varys caters to people's humanity, Baelish exploits their internal desires and wishes (your signature basically says it all).

Haven
02-25-2014, 05:45 AM
Doran Martell is INTP 5w6 so/sp
Oberyn Martell I think ENTP 7w8
Roose Bolton is some kind of 5w4
Old man Frey could be 5w6 sp/so
Renly Baratheon 2w3 ESFP

LadyLazarus
04-06-2014, 01:32 AM
Just finished the 1st season.

Starks:
Ned:ISTJ
Kat:ISFJ
Rob:ESTJ
Jon:ISFP
Sansa:ESFJ
Arya:ISTP
Bran: INTP

Lannisters/Baratheons:
Robert:ESFP
Cersei:ENFJ
Jaime:ESTP
Tyrion:ENFP
Renly:ENFP
Joffrey:ESTP

Targaryens:
Daenerys:INFJ
Viserys:ESTJ

Others:
Sam:INFP
Theon:ESFP

Riva
04-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Oberyn Martell (the aforementioned Red Viper): ENTP

Oberyn Martell I think ENTP 7w8

I haven't read the books.

I thought from the series Oberyn is a classic STP 7w8.

simulatedworld
05-01-2014, 07:16 PM
No idea if anyone's done this yet but:

Eddard "Ned" Stark ISTJ
Catelyn Stark ISFJ
Robb Stark ENFP
Sansa Stark INFP
Arya Stark INTJ
Bran Stark INFJ
Jon Snow ISFP
Theon Greyjoy ISTP
Talisa Stark ENFP
Brienne of Tarth ISTJ
Tywin Lannister ISTJ
Cersei Lannister/Baratheon ESTP
Jaime Lannister ENTP
Tyrion Lannister INTP
Bronn the Sellsword ISTP
Joffrey "Baratheon" ESTP
Robert Baratheon ESFP
Stannis Baratheon ESTJ
Davos Seaworth ESFJ
Renly Baratheon ENFP
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
Jorah Mormont ESFJ
Khal Drogo ISTP
Viserys Targaryen ENFP
Loras Tyrell INFP
Margaery Tyrell ENFJ
Olenna Tyrell ENTJ
Jeor Mormont ESTJ
Samwell Tarly INFP
Ygritte ENTP
Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish INTJ
Lord Varys INFJ
Shae ISFP
Sandor "The Hound" Clegane ISTP
Gendry INTP?
Craster ESTP
Jojen Reed INFJ
Meera Reed ENFP
Ramsay Snow INFJ

I know there are lots more characters but that's all I can think of right now.

tinkerbell
05-01-2014, 07:57 PM
my ten p's worth I agree with some of stimulating world

Theon Greyjoy ESTJ - E because brags about his plans and discusses and shapes them outloud
Tywin Lannister INTJ - an a proper I, doesn't broadcast what he wants
Jaime Lannister isTP - nothing strategic in that boys head at all, and not the most likely to share
Tyrion Lannister eNTP - he shares and tries to develop ideas in company and likes to play
Stannis Baratheon INTJ - so like the intjs I know
Ygritte ISTJ
Gendry IsTP?
Ramsay Snow INTJ - serious you see him as a feeler, NICE!!!!

just my on PoV

Vasilisa
05-01-2014, 09:38 PM
*posts moved from http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5839*

Riva
05-02-2014, 08:31 AM
No idea if anyone's done this yet but:

Eddard "Ned" Stark ISTJ
Catelyn Stark ISFJ
Robb Stark ENFP
Sansa Stark INFP
Arya Stark INTJ
Bran Stark INFJ
Jon Snow ISFP
Theon Greyjoy ISTP
Talisa Stark ENFP
Brienne of Tarth ISTJ
Tywin Lannister ISTJ
Cersei Lannister/Baratheon ESTP
Jaime Lannister ENTP
Tyrion Lannister INTP
Bronn the Sellsword ISTP
Joffrey "Baratheon" ESTP
Robert Baratheon ESFP
Stannis Baratheon ESTJ
Davos Seaworth ESFJ
Renly Baratheon ENFP
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
Jorah Mormont ESFJ
Khal Drogo ISTP
Viserys Targaryen ENFP
Loras Tyrell INFP
Margaery Tyrell ENFJ
Olenna Tyrell ENTJ
Jeor Mormont ESTJ
Samwell Tarly INFP
Ygritte ENTP
Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish INTJ
Lord Varys INFJ
Shae ISFP
Sandor "The Hound" Clegane ISTP
Gendry INTP?
Craster ESTP
Jojen Reed INFJ
Meera Reed ENFP
Ramsay Snow INFJ

I know there are lots more characters but that's all I can think of right now.

Hav

Haven
05-02-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm thinking Ramsay Snow is a ENTP 7w6 actually, if there was another character I'd compare him to it's Loki from Avengers.

simulatedworld
05-07-2014, 07:04 AM
I dunno, I just get the creepy quiet psychopath INFJ vibe from Ramsay. Could be wrong though; he's just so consistently, exaggeratedly evil that it's hard to say what's really motivating him. We don't really know his past thus far except that he probably feels outcast for being a bastard and is apparently a pure psychopath.

simulatedworld
05-07-2014, 07:06 AM
Hav

what

Ramsay Snow INTJ - serious you see him as a feeler, NICE!!!!

just my on PoV

Hitler was an INFJ btw

EDIT: oh god I just remembered who you are. nevermind

WhoCares
05-07-2014, 08:12 AM
So my favourite and least favourite characters are actually INTJs. Arya I definately see as an INTJ, we do get stabby ya know. Littlefinger I'm not convinced, there's a love of sadism there which really isn't in the INTJ makeup, no matter how much we like to delude ourselves it is. He's also oilier socially than any INTJ could ever achieve. True psychopathy is in the realm of the feelers imho, it takes a certain emotional delight in being evil to make evil work. I've yet to meet an INTJ that could truly ever indulge that way. We just come across that way sometimes because of the mask.

Riva
05-07-2014, 09:07 AM
what

Hitler was an INFJ btw

Have you read the book i asked.i haven't i said and typing solely on the series i must disagre with a few i said. And then i continued to point the characters i disagreed on.

I think you must have read the books. I read a few chapters on book number two and stannis came across much more extroverted (atleast assertive in loud manner) in them than in the series. In the series he surely is an introvert/istj. However in the books he was is an estj.

All of it didn't get properly posted and i was too annoyed to repeat them.

Inis Mona
05-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Arya is an ESFP, Tyrion ENFP 7w6, Sansa ISFJ just like her mother, Jamie is for sure Te - ETJ... Not everyone who has vissions is an INFJ (Bran),

lecky
05-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Tyrion Lannister ENTP
Jon Snow ISFJ
Arya Stark ISTP
Ned Stark ISTJ
Bran Stark INFP
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
Samwell Tarly INFP
Jaime Lannister ESTP
Cersei Lannister INTJ
Tywin Lannister ENTJ
Sansa Stark ESFJ
Catelyn Stark ESTJ
Robert Baratheon ESFP
Joffrey Baratheon ESTP gone horribly wrong
Littlefinger INTJ
The Mountain ISTP
The Hound ISTP
Stannis Baratheon ISTJ
The Red Priestess ENFJ
Theon Greyjoy ESTP
Davos “The Onion Knight” ISTJ
Brienne ISTJ
Bronn ISTP

I love the series and the books.

My favorites: Ned, Jon, The Hound, Bronn, Sansa...and yes Tyrion and Arya. I especially feel bad for Sansa right now.

Fluorescent
05-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Ned Stark ISFJ
Catelyn Stark ISTJ
Robb Stark ESTJ books/ESFJ hbo
Sansa Stark ISFJ
Arya Stark ISTP
Bran Stark INFP
Jon Snow ISFP
Tywin Lannister ESTJ
Jaime Lannister ESTP
Cersei Lannister INTJ/ESFP channeling her shadow type
Tyrion Lannister ENTP
Joffrey Baratheon ESXP
Robert Baratheon ESFP
Renly Baratheon EXFP
Stannis Baratheon ISTJ
Davos Seaworth ISFJ
Melisandre ENFJ
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
Viserys Targaryen EXXJ
Bronn ISTP
Sandor Clegane ISTP
The Mountain ISTP
Loras Tyrell ESFP
Margaery Tyrell ENFJ
Olenna Tyrell ENTJ
Oberyn Martell ENTP
Arianne Martell ESFP
Ellaria Sand ISFP
Theon Greyjoy ESTP
Asha Greyjoy ENTJ
Samwell Tarly INFP
Varys INFJ
Littlefinger XNTP
Brienne ISTJ
Roose Bolton INTJ
Ramsay Bolton INXJ
Jorah Mormont ISFP
Daario Naharis ESTP
Missandei XNFP
Grey Worm ISXJ
Maester Aemon INFJ
Ygritte ESTP
Meera Reed ISTP
Jojen Reed INFJ
Hodor HODOR

Stephano
05-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Tirion - ENTP e7
Daenerys - ENFJ, sometimes INFP e2
Jaime - ESFP
Arya - ESTP
Cersei - sth. Fe
Jon Snow - ISTJ e6
Samwell Tarly - INxP e9

tinkerbell
05-10-2014, 07:07 PM
what

Hitler was an INFJ btw

Hitler had both warm and charm.....Ramsey Snow is just vicious not a grain of charm....thats nkt to say T types have no charm but they are not peopke people. Ps how do you know hitlers mbti....i assume conjecture rafher than evid
Nce. Love it when peopke draw fictitional parrallels :p

Emotionalogic
05-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Hitler had both warm and charm.....Ramsey Snow is just vicious not a grain of charm....thats nkt to say T types have no charm but they are not peopke people. Ps how do you know hitlers mbti....i assume conjecture rafher than evid
Nce. Love it when peopke draw fictitional parrallels :p

Ramsey seems like a particularly vicious ESFP to me. Joffrey, on the other hand, was a rare a**hole ISFP.

Eluded_One
05-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Ramsey seems like a particularly vicious ESFP to me. Joffrey, on the other hand, was a rare a**hole ISFP.

You might be on to something. Joffrey is quick to be defensive and quite easily offended as a result from the darker side of Fi. If an Fi dom seeks harmony through their values, his values and upbringing were a result from being spoiled and introduced to sadism at an early age.

Emotionalogic
05-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Ned Stark ISFJ Yes
Catelyn Stark ISTJ Yes
Robb Stark ESTJ books/ESFJ hbo Tough, but I'd say ISFP. He's really similar to Jon Snow
Sansa Stark ISFJ INFJ
Arya Stark ISTP Yes
Bran Stark INFP And such an irritating one, too
Jon Snow ISFP Yes
Tywin Lannister ESTJ Yes!
Jaime Lannister ESTP So much
Cersei Lannister INTJ/ESFP channeling her shadow type er, what? Narcissistic ESFJ
Tyrion Lannister ENTP I think more INTP, actually
Joffrey Baratheon ESXP ISFP
Robert Baratheon ESFP No, ESTP
Renly Baratheon EXFP ESFP
Stannis Baratheon ISTJ Really hard
Davos Seaworth ISFJ Yes
Melisandre ENFJ INFJ
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ ENFJ
Viserys Targaryen EXXJ A very pathetic INTJ
Bronn ISTP Yes
Sandor Clegane ISTP Yes
The Mountain ISTP ESTP
Loras Tyrell ESFP ISFP
Margaery Tyrell ENFJ Oh so very much
Olenna Tyrell ENTJ Doesn't really have that forceful te-dom feel. I'd say ENTP
Oberyn Martell ENTP or ESTP, hard to tell yet
Arianne Martell ESFP Yes
Ellaria Sand ISFP Yes
Theon Greyjoy ESTP Yes
Asha Greyjoy ENTJ Yes
Samwell Tarly INFP ISFP
Varys INFJ Yes
Littlefinger XNTP Total ENTP
Brienne ISTJ ISFJ
Roose Bolton INTJ ISTJ
Ramsay Bolton INXJ No, ESFP
Jorah Mormont ISFP ISFJ
Daario Naharis ESTP ESFP
Missandei XNFP INFP could work
Grey Worm ISXJ ISTJ
Maester Aemon INFJ ISFJ
Ygritte ESTP Yes
Meera Reed ISTP Yes
Jojen Reed INFJ Yes
Hodor HODOR HODOR

Drogo: ISTP
Walder Frey: ISTJ
Pod: ESFJ

tinkerbell
05-12-2014, 07:20 PM
F types have real empathy.....both these guys are fairly vicious...surely T . Ramsey dangling people like a little boy picking legs of spider's. Joff....nithing much F there either. He does what he wants.....he is not a cooperator so f doesnt fit. He doesnt do things to fit with others

segovois
05-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Ned Stark - ISTJ
Catelyn Stark ESFJ
Sansa Stark ISFJ
Arya Stark ISTP
Bran Stark INFP
Jon Snow ISFP
Tywin Lannister ENTJ
Jaime Lannister ESTP
Cersei Lannister ENFJ
Tyrion Lannister ENTP
Joffrey Baratheon ENTJ
Robert Baratheon ESFP
Renly Baratheon ENFP
Stannis Baratheon ISTJ
Davos Seaworth ISFJ
Melisandre INFJ
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
Viserys Targaryen ESFJ
Sandor Clegane ISTP
Loras Tyrell ESFP
Margaery Tyrell ENTJ
Olenna Tyrell ENTJ
Oberyn Martell ESTP
Theon Greyjoy ESTP
Asha Greyjoy ESTP
Samwell Tarly INFP
Varys INFJ
Littlefinger INTJ
Brienne ISTP
Roose Bolton INTP
Ramsay Bolton ESFP
Jorah Mormont ISFJ
Daario Naharis ESTP
Ygritte ESTP
Meera Reed ESTP
Jojen Reed INFJ
Hodor : ISFP
Drogo: ESTP
Walder Frey: ISTJ
Pod: ESFJ

Emotionalogic
05-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Yeah, Oberyn is ENTP. Probably 3w2, although i could see 7w6.

Riva
05-20-2014, 05:33 AM
Yeah, Oberyn is ENTP. Probably 3w2, although i could see 7w6.

The book or the series.

Haven
05-20-2014, 09:51 AM
Oberyn just reminds me of Inigo Montoya from the Princess Bride, they're probably the same type

Inis Mona
05-20-2014, 10:20 AM
Why everyone types Arya an STP? She's more Fi than anything

Fluffywolf
05-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Why everyone types Arya an STP? She's more Fi than anything

Like so many fictional characters. Arya shows traits of several different types and the use of conflicting cognative functions. Her type range would probably be something like INFJ/ISTP/ISTJ depening on the scene/paragraph.

Orange Fusion
05-20-2014, 02:41 PM
I've only read the 1st book and a half, so maybe this is why I disagree with you guys. But at this point, it's very hard for me to see Tyrion Lannister (my favourite character) as an ENTP. He appears to be a very clear xSTP -- more specifically, ISTP. So does he go through some magical transformation from ISTP to ENTP in the coming books? That will be fun to see!

I think Dany's obsessed brother is Ni dominant - his Ni is extremely strong, which is a large part of why he comes across as so crazy. I'd guess he was INFJ, but INTJ is possible.

Ned Stark is very Si dominant. I agree about that.

simulatedworld
05-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Oberyn is the most ESFP motherfucker on that show. If you can't see this guy bleeding SeFi all over every scene he's in, you're just not paying attention. It's just silly.

You people's typings are...not very good. Sorry.

Baelish and Arya are poster children for INTJ. Watch the way they absorb the implications of their situations until they become self-perception, then strategically manipulate it for maximal personal gain.

I mean, Baelish is basically Nietzschean philosophy personified. What planet are you people typing from where you get ENTP? Are you serious?

Wouldn't Eddard Stark be an ISTJ?

Yes, thankfully *someone* is paying attention!

Also commonly mistyped is Tywin Lannister, another brilliant ISTJ that the entire internet assumes has to be INTJ because he's smart and Ss are dumb or whatever.

More problems with you people's typings:

--Tyrion (INTP) doesn't turn into an extrovert just because his circumstances have forced him to become socially competent to survive. His principles are Kantian Ti to the core and they're clearly his main priority. (He just drinks and screws around a lot because he's depressed, obviously.)

--Jaime (ENTP) doesn't become an S just because he's good at physical combat with swords. He was trained from birth and had natural talent and money and resources behind him; that doesn't make him ESTP.

--Robb Stark is not an ESTJ. You're correctly reading Te and Ne, but you got them in the wrong order--he's a young and naive ENFP, and his story arc is largely about how young, naive idealism doesn't actually win in a harsh, brutal world. (For comparison, Stannis Baratheon is an actual ESTJ. Robb is much more similar to fellow ENFP Renley Baratheon--note that blind idealism helped lead both to losing wars.)

--A bunch of you are getting Ned and Catelyn backwards because you don't realize Si+Fi is not ISFJ and Si+Ti is not ISTJ. Ned is the ISTJ and Catelyn the ISFJ; she's just a hardass who will fuck you up to protect her clan. That doesn't disqualify her from being an F.

--Cersei is not an ENTJ; you're making the common mistake of confusing ESTP and ENTJ because they're both dominant and aggressive. (One of the most Se > Ni scenes in the series is when Baelish, an INTJ, tries to subtly threaten Cersei, an ESTP, by hinting that he knows about her incestuous affair with her brother, saying, "knowledge is power" [Ni], and then she has the guards grab him and threatens to slit his throat and replies "No, power is power!" [Se]). To my knowledge, the only female ENTJ in the series is Olenna Tyrell.

--Joffrey was a psychotic ISTP who didn't understand or pay attention to the world around him enough to realize he couldn't just shit on everyone all the time and get away with it. (You can argue for ESTP here but I think he was just too oblivious and non-reactive to his political surroundings.)

Hive
05-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Baelish and Arya are poster children for INTJ.

What planet are you people typing from?
I agree with Littlefinger.

But why is Arya's Ni and Te stronger than her Se?

She's a very adept fighter, showing great interest in swordfighting and horseriding and quickly excels in both, has a great hunger for excitement and adventure, not a long term planner but quick on her feet, as well as a very pragmatic thinker. (The only characteristic I can see her sharing with INTJ's.)

Also commonly mistyped is Tywin Lannister, another brilliant ISTJ that the entire internet assumes has to be INTJ because he's smart and Ss are dumb or whatever.
You think? He seems so utterly focused on pragmaticality and efficiency and removed from any Feeling function that I always figured Te dom.

--Jaime (ENTP) doesn't become an S just because he's good at physical combat with swords. He was trained from birth and had natural talent and money and resources behind him; that doesn't make him ESTP.
Where do you see Ne? He explicitly says that the only time he feels alive is when fucking or fighting.

05-26-2014, 04:24 PM
Arya's fundamentally a creature of impulse with some undercurrents of steely determination, I think. I'd go ESFP > INTJ for her.

Hive
05-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Arya's fundamentally a creature of impulse with some undercurrents of steely determination, I think. I'd go ESFP > INTJ for her.
I agree.

simulatedworld
05-26-2014, 04:51 PM
I agree with Littlefinger.

But why is Arya's Ni and Te stronger than her Se?

She's a very adept fighter, showing great interest in swordfighting and horseriding and quickly excels in both, has a great hunger for excitement and adventure, not a long term planner but quick on her feet, as well as a very pragmatic thinker. (The only characteristic I can see her sharing with INTJ's.)

Because functions are not defined by surface characteristics. Arya didn't choose the skill sets she had to learn and she's focused primarily on survival and her personal vision of revenge on the people who have effectively ruined her life. The kid is like 10 years old and has a list of people she intends to kill that she recites every night to make sure she never forgets, and she's not a long-term planner?

Really?

You think? He seems so utterly focused on pragmaticality and efficiency and removed from any Feeling function that I always figured Te dom.

Nope, he's very much aware of what he doesn't know and what he can and can't do. He knows all the strategies necessary to govern the kingdom and he doesn't like to change that strategy if he doesn't have to, because he's self-aware enough to know that tactical unfamiliarity is his enemy. He continually loses battles to the more tactically bold Robb Stark, but is careful and patient enough to win the larger and more important war anyway. He doesn't share more of his thoughts than he has to; it's just common to mistake IxTJs for Te doms sometimes because they communicate with the outside world in such a Te-oriented way. Remember that with introverts, when you interact with them, you are most likely speaking to the general's aide, not the general himself--he stays behind in the tent. (Zarathustra first pointed this out to me.)

Also he is not removed from Fi; it's deeply important to him to carry on his family name and to maintain his particular idea of honor (which may not be the same as most people's.) He has always felt insulted that the gods gave him a dwarf for a son and he worries deeply for the legacy of his family name, which is a large part of why he cares so deeply for Jaime. The attachment to his family name and its long-term legacy is also a big deal for Si, because a world without his family would strike him as deeply unfamiliar (and thus unsettling) and would lead him to feel like he'd failed in his duty to history and family (which is a big deal for Si doms.)

Where do you see Ne? He explicitly says that the only time he feels alive is when fucking or fighting.

But why does he feel alive when he is doing these things? You are simply ascribing stereotypes to surface behaviors, which is not the true motivation.

Why did Jaime learn to derive pleasure from these skills? How did his environment lead him to focus on them in the first place?

A creature of impulse who recites her mental list of people to kill every night so that she can focus her efforts intently on achieving a long-term revenge plot on specific people who have ruined her happiness and security, to make a moral point out of brutally punishing them in the distant future. Sure.

No offense but ESFP for Arya is an abysmal read. I saw someone suggest ISFJ and even that, having no functions in common with INTJ, is still not as bad a guess as ESFP! XD

If you guys focused on the Ni and Fi aspects of Arya and read her as ISFP, I would chalk it up to just misreading the dominant/tertiary function orders, which is a common and relatively easy mistake to make...but the fact that you think her defining characteristics are Se-oriented just shows how badly you misunderstand the basic premise of the show, that anyone who is not under direct protection from others has to learn physical combat for survival, and that doesn't just magically turn them all into Se doms!

HINT: There are numerous different practical, emotional, and psychological reasons for learning physical combat, especially in the mostly-realistic medieval GoT universe. "S/he places highest cognitive value on the immediate sensations of present physical/empirical reality" (Translation: "S/he is Se dominant") is not the only reason somebody might learn how to scrap.

Hive
05-26-2014, 05:33 PM
Because functions are not defined by surface characteristics. Arya didn't choose the skill sets she had to learn and she's focused primarily on survival and her personal vision of revenge on the people who have effectively ruined her life. The kid is like 10 years old and has a list of people she intends to kill that she recites every night to make sure she never forgets, and she's not a long-term planner?

Really?
She was athletic, a skilled horserider and fighter even before those skills became necessary to her. In her days at Winterfell Sansa was always shocked that Arya would rather learn to fight than behave like a lady.

She's resourceful, a great improviser, quick and dexterous. That might not be what Se actually is, but all of Arya's most defining characteristics are commonly associated with SP's. You didn't give any examples of her Ni or Te either.

No, that isn't a long-term plan at all. It's a kill list. She hasn't thought about how she would actually go about it. That's a desire for revenge, not NiTe.

Nope, he's very much aware of what he doesn't know and what he can and can't do. He knows all the strategies necessary to govern the kingdom and he doesn't like to change that strategy if he doesn't have to, because he's self-aware enough to know that tactical unfamiliarity is his enemy. He continually loses battles to the more tactically bold Robb Stark, but is careful and patient enough to win the larger and more important war anyway. He doesn't share more of his thoughts than he has to; it's just common to mistake IxTJs for Te doms sometimes because they communicate with the outside world in such a Te-oriented way. Remember that with introverts, when you interact with them, you are most likely speaking to the general's aide, not the general himself--he stays behind in the tent. (Zarathustra first pointed this out to me.)

Also he is not removed from Fi; it's deeply important to him to carry on his family name and to maintain his particular idea of honor (which may not be the same as most people's.) He has always felt insulted that the gods gave him a dwarf for a son and he worries deeply for the legacy of his family name, which is a large part of why he cares so deeply for Jaime. The attachment to his family name and its long-term legacy is also a big deal for Si, because a world without his family would strike him as deeply unfamiliar (and thus unsettling) and would lead him to feel like he'd failed in his duty to history and family (which is a big deal for Si doms.)
I can see this.

But why does he feel alive when he is doing these things? You are simply ascribing stereotypes to surface behaviors, which is not the true motivation.
That's just his nature. He's a ravenous man and only cares for self-gratification through sensual experiences. (At least at the beginning of the series.) He doesn't care for things in the abstract, he doesn't "connect the dots" or do any kind of external pattern recognition, he's a born fighter anchored in his body, not his mind.

What is his motivation, then? Where's the Ne?

simulatedworld
05-26-2014, 05:53 PM
She was athletic, a skilled horserider and fighter even before those skills became necessary to her. In her days at Winterfell Sansa was always shocked that Arya would rather learn to fight than behave like a lady.

That's just because she's a tomboy. That doesn't make her an E, or an S, or an F, or a P. She prefers to learn skills that can serve her more directly and efficiently. For instance, I have an INTJ female friend in the military because she feels the skills she learns there help make her more alert, prepared, focused, and disciplined. Is Arya learning these skills purely for entertainment, or does she find strategic value in knowing them?

She's resourceful, a great improviser, quick and dexterous. That might not be what Se actually is, but all of Arya's most defining characteristics are commonly associated with SP's. You didn't give any examples of her Ni or Te either.

She has a particular long-term plan for what she intends to do to whom. She may be resourceful, quick, and dextrous, but when she appears to be improvising it's largely because she's drawing on specific experience and things she's already considered in her head. The wheels are always turning. She knows she's never going to be physically superior, so she'll have to learn other strategies in order to defend herself and maintain her safety. It's a function of practical necessity and strategic defense for her, not enjoyment of physical sensations for their own sake.

Lots of things are commonly associated with SPs by people who don't understand how to read functions.

No, that isn't a long-term plan at all. It's a kill list. She hasn't thought about how she would actually go about it. That's a desire for revenge, not NiTe.

It's a desire for revenge with a specific intention to focus her mental energy on finding the resources and acquiring the skills necessary to accomplish it. She's already met the shapeshifter guy who has promised to kill for her and that's going to factor into her plans. She doesn't have all the necessary resources/skills/connections yet but she has a particular endgoal in mind and she's determined to do whatever is necessary to reach it.

If you can't tell what Arya is planning for the long-term, then she's doing her job as an INTJ. ;)

I can see this.

That's just his nature. He's a ravenous man and only cares for self-gratification through sensual experiences. (At least at the beginning of the series.) He doesn't care for things in the abstract, he doesn't "connect the dots" or do any kind of external pattern recognition, he's a born fighter anchored in his body, not his mind.

You don't seem to have been paying much attention to Jaime's character development throughout the third and fourth seasons. You don't think he does any kind of external pattern recognition? How about attempting to trick the marauders into believing the "Sapphire Isle" is called that because it contains half the sapphires in Westoros, rather than because of the color of its water?

How about figuring out Tywin's real intentions in the sham trial for Tyrion and offering a counter that would allow Tyrion to live by appeasing Tywin's goals?

What is his motivation, then? Where's the Ne?

As the guy who cut off his hand said, he does think he's the smartest man there is. He's driven by a desire for admiration and worship; he wants to appear novel, daring, attractive, and clever. Now, of course all of these are also typical of Se doms, but I get the impression that Jaime just did the typical ENTP child thing and gravitated toward whatever things he was most talented at because that would result in the greatest number of authority figures showering him with praise and finding him interesting and thus granting him the ability to explore more interesting and exciting things and be praised and admired for his brilliance.

He's not a swordsman because he's Se dom; he consciously developed his natural talent in sword fighting because he was talented at it and it got him approval from adults which led to greater exploratory freedom.

He doesn't apply the typical Se tactics for intimidation. He doesn't get in people's faces and use intimidating body language; he doesn't threaten people with physical responses unless he needs to. He prefers to respond through sarcasm, proving that he's wittier than his competition and not having to go to the effort of proving his superiority in physical combat unless he finds a worthy opponent or needs to defend himself from attack.

When he does do battle with words, he doesn't just go for the typical Se references to his superior physical stature or combat ability; he'd rather dig at people's subtle, less stated insecurities and troll them to see where their mental/emotional soft spots are. He's much more willing to do battle through words without having to prove it physically, and it only makes him that much more narcissistic that he can also prove it physically if it comes to that--but mostly he's a sarcastic smartass with a late-blooming heart of gold, and he values the clever word potentially even more than the swing of the sword.

Also, this is my 5555th post. Woot.

P.S.,

Sansa Stark is so INFP it makes me want to slap someone. I can explain this one if anyone needs to hear it, but seriously, it's very clear.

Hive
05-26-2014, 06:01 PM
Long post
I still don't agree, but responding to all this would require more time than I have and more effort than I could muster right now.

I'll get back tomorrow.

Emotionalogic
05-26-2014, 06:05 PM
Baelish and Arya are poster children for INTJ. Watch the way they absorb the implications of their situations until they become self-perception, then strategically manipulate it for maximal personal gain.

I mean, Baelish is basically Nietzschean philosophy personified. What planet are you people typing from where you get ENTP? Are you serious?

Baelish is most definitely not Nietzschean philosophy personified, and I sincerely doubt that you (or GRRM, for that matter), have actually read Nietzsche's work. Name-dropping doesn't make you smart. Baelish doesn't use te. He doesn't organize the world around him to conform to rational criteria. Compare him with Tywin, who shows you what a te user would be like in a power-player role. He doesn't create order, he thrives in disorder; he stirs things up and then uses ne and ti to pinpoint external opportunities as they arise. He doesn't impose himself on the world, he adapts to it, using fe to get in with the right people and manipulate social conditions. He's not really a planner; he's a player. He's more of a Machiavellian Prince than a Nietzschean Overman, and Machiavelli was ENTP (Famous ENTPs - CelebrityTypes.com (http://www.celebritytypes.com/entp.php)).

He is an ESTJ. His te is clearly his most powerful function. Being grumpy (or even behaving like an "introvert") does not make you an introvert in Jungian terms.

--Tyrion (INTP) doesn't turn into an extrovert just because his circumstances have forced him to become socially competent to survive. His principles are Kantian Ti to the core and they're clearly his main priority. (He just drinks and screws around a lot because he's depressed, obviously.)

The typing I agree with, but I fail to see how Tyrion in any way exhibits Kantian principles (he's an opportunistic consequentialist, not an austere deontologist), and what that really says about his type. Stop biting off more than you can chew.

Oh, come on. He's not an S because "he's good with swords". He is an S because he's very direct, blunt, and immediate in his communication, in a way that ne-doms certainly aren't. He is very uncomfortable with self-reflection, and doesn't particularly enjoy the abstract at all, preferring to immerse himself in the immediate physical reality.

--Robb Stark is not an ESTJ. You're correctly reading Te and Ne, but you got them in the wrong order--he's a young and naive ENFP, and his story arc is largely about how young, naive idealism doesn't actually win in a harsh, brutal world. (For comparison, Stannis Baratheon is an actual ESTJ. Robb is much more similar to fellow ENFP Renley Baratheon--note that blind idealism helped lead both to losing wars.)

I don't see much ne there. He loses not because of "blind idealism", but because he couldn't see the big picture or anticipate the actions of others, as he was too wrapped up in his own feelings. I say ISFP.

--A bunch of you are getting Ned and Catelyn backwards because you don't realize Si+Fi is not ISFJ and Si+Ti is not ISTJ. Ned is the ISTJ and Catelyn the ISFJ; she's just a hardass who will fuck you up to protect her clan. That doesn't disqualify her from being an F.

Actually, I'm quite aware of function orders, thank you. Catelyn uses te-fi and Ned uses fe-ti. Catelyn has difficulty dealing with her own feelings, but is good at staying rational. She would never have screwed up in the way Ned did, she's not idealistic enough, she sees the world very much as it is, and she has a talent for organization. Ned's severe lack of te was why he made such a lousy hand of the king. Do you really think he's the same type as Tywin? :shock:

--Cersei is not an ENTJ; you're making the common mistake of confusing ESTP and ENTJ because they're both dominant and aggressive. (One of the most Se > Ni scenes in the series is when Baelish, an INTJ, tries to subtly threaten Cersei, an ESTP, by hinting that he knows about her incestuous affair with her brother, saying, "knowledge is power" [Ni], and then she has the guards grab him and threatens to slit his throat and replies "No, power is power!" [Se]). To my knowledge, the only female ENTJ in the series is Olenna Tyrell.

--Joffrey was a psychotic ISTP who didn't understand or pay attention to the world around him enough to realize he couldn't just shit on everyone all the time and get away with it. (You can argue for ESTP here but I think he was just too oblivious and non-reactive to his political surroundings.)

Firstly, "Knowledge is power" indicates preferences for ne, ti, and si, not ni. ni would be more "insight is power" or "ideas are power".
Cersei is deeply self-hating, and would probably think of herself as a t user, but she isn't. She's always letting her emotions get in the way. Her thinking is unsystematic, erratic, and inscrutable. I see inferior ti, and si, making her an ESFJ. She does seem to fit the "unhealthy nurturer" archetype, like Medea.

You are right about Joffrey being an introvert, but dead wrong about him being a t-dom (really, when does he ever sit down and think, like a ti user would?). He's ISFP. I see a lot of poorly developed fi there.

Emotionalogic
05-26-2014, 06:17 PM

Arya displays little inclination towards abstract mental reflection, but her thoughts are very organized. She is adaptable and does not attempt to organize her external world; she "goes with the flow". She has difficulty relating to other people and fitting in with social norms (inferior fe).

Nope, he's very much aware of what he doesn't know and what he can and can't do. He knows all the strategies necessary to govern the kingdom and he doesn't like to change that strategy if he doesn't have to, because he's self-aware enough to know that tactical unfamiliarity is his enemy. He continually loses battles to the more tactically bold Robb Stark, but is careful and patient enough to win the larger and more important war anyway. He doesn't share more of his thoughts than he has to; it's just common to mistake IxTJs for Te doms sometimes because they communicate with the outside world in such a Te-oriented way. Remember that with introverts, when you interact with them, you are most likely speaking to the general's aide, not the general himself--he stays behind in the tent. (@ first pointed this out to me.)

I can see this.

Actually, I can see that too. OK. ISTJ.

Emotionalogic
05-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Oberyn is the most ESFP motherfucker on that show. If you can't see this guy bleeding SeFi all over every scene he's in, you're just not paying attention. It's just silly.
Oberyn isn't direct enough for se, he enjoys being ambiguous, obscure. And he represses Si, not Ni. And I don't see much fi. You don't need fi to want revenge.

Sansa Stark is so INFP it makes me want to slap someone. I can explain this one if anyone needs to hear it, but seriously, it's very clear.

Close, but not quite. She's an INFJ. Don't you see the fe?

lecky
05-26-2014, 07:16 PM
I will gladly ride the Sansa is an INFP Express. I knew I liked her for some strange reason :newwink:.

Haven
05-27-2014, 01:05 PM
it's funny because the actress that plays sansa is blatantly ESFJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyLmFEZwVK8

OptoGypsy
06-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Jon Snow ENTJ
Arya Stark ISTP
Ned Stark ISTJ
Bran Stark INFP
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
Samwell Tarly INFJ
Jaime Lannister ESTP
Cersei Lannister ENTJ
Tywin Lannister INTJ
Sansa Stark ENFJ
Catelyn Stark ESFJ
Robert Baratheon ESTP
Joffrey Baratheon ENTJ
The Mountain ISTJ
The Hound ISTJ
The Red Viper ENTP
The Red Priestess INFJ
Theon Greyjoy ESTP
Brienne ISFJ

The Red Viper is an ESTP

simulatedworld
06-05-2014, 10:06 AM
someone just said Jon Snow ENTJ and I gave up on the thread

/me dies

Nicodemus
06-05-2014, 10:28 AM
someone just said Jon Snow ENTJ and I gave up on the thread

/me dies
Have you read the books?

AffirmitiveAnxiety
06-05-2014, 10:31 AM
it's funny because the actress that plays sansa is blatantly ESFJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyLmFEZwVK8

Interestingly I made exactly the same argument in defence of her character a few pages back that she does in that video. Interesting in that many could come to that same point and conclusion. ;)

lecomte
06-06-2014, 12:19 AM
Varys is so INFP to me.

Forever_Jung
06-06-2014, 02:11 AM
P.S.,

I believe you (and I think I can see it, myself), but I'd really like to hear your rationale anyway. Simply because I so enjoyed your analysis of Jaime.

One objection to the INFP typing I might have, is that initially she is enamoured with the traditional role of being a princess, and her taste in men seems is very obvious and a bit status-centric. Also, I was never under the impression that INFP's were good at playing people, you know? Maybe I missed that lesson at INFP School. :(

Nicodemus
06-06-2014, 06:17 AM
Also, I was never under the impression that INFP's were good at playing people, you know?
Neither is Sansa (except in one scene in the last episode, which is not in the book). All she does to 'play people' is retreat into herself and stoically say what she is supposed to.

Haven
06-06-2014, 09:38 AM
I relate to Sansa too much really, when she told Tyrion why she's in the godswood all the time, I used almost those exact words to tell my parents why I was on my computer all the time (when I was a teenager).

Qre:us
06-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Going off the show, not the book:

Littlefinger is INTJ to Varys' INFJ

Arya is an ISTP (Ti pours through her thought process)

Dany is an IxFP (not FJ) who had to "grow up" and wield that Te, but it is to ultimately serve her Fi.

Jon Snow - lol, he's not a TJ. He's F. Either INFP or INFJ.

Tyrion, the imp, is an ISFJ

Forever_Jung
06-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Neither is Sansa (except in one scene in the last episode, which is not in the book). All she does to 'play people' is retreat into herself and stoically say what she is supposed to.

Yeah that's true. I guess I'm letting it loom too large in my memory, because I just watched it.

Anew Leaf
06-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Have you read the books?

I think it's pretty clear he has not. Good times.

Edit: For those who have not read the books, there is a definite difference between many characters. Most notably Littlefinger. Littlefinger in the book is the ghost in the mirror that you barely get a chance to see how epic this man is. Littlefinger on the show is as subtle as painting him neon and saying AMGOURDS CHESSMASTER OF UNIVERSE with trumpets every time he graces the screen.

Anew Leaf
06-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Nope, he's very much aware of what he doesn't know and what he can and can't do.

So... this ability is solely for IxTJs then? Because I know quite a few people of varying types who are bluntly aware of their own shortcomings. He's also older and more experienced, and dare I toe onto... wiser.

He doesn't share more of his thoughts than he has to; it's just common to mistake IxTJs for Te doms sometimes because they communicate with the outside world in such a Te-oriented way. Remember that with introverts, when you interact with them, you are most likely speaking to the general's aide, not the general himself--he stays behind in the tent. (Zarathustra first pointed this out to me.)

It's also called self-control. We are talking about a man who must be somewhere in his 60's given the age of his children.

Also he is not removed from Fi; it's deeply important to him to carry on his family name and to maintain his particular idea of honor (which may not be the same as most people's.)

At this age he will be far closer to his Fi at this point than were we discussing a teenager.

He has always felt insulted that the gods gave him a dwarf for a son

What does this have to do with type? Look at the context and culture of the world. Look at what he values: control. Let's then add on the layer of knowledge wherein Tyrion's birth CAUSED Tywin's wife to die. I think THAT is more the source of Tywin's hatred for that particular child; Tyrion being a dwarf is merely the urine frosting on such a cake.

he worries deeply for the legacy of his family name, which is a large part of why he cares so deeply for Jaime. The attachment to his family name and its long-term legacy is also a big deal for Si, because a world without his family would strike him as deeply unfamiliar (and thus unsettling) and would lead him to feel like he'd failed in his duty to history and family (which is a big deal for Si doms.)

@bold, where is the evidence for that? I am not an Ni-er - so Ni-ers feel free to correct me - but I don't take his dedication to family legacy as being solely relegated to Si-land. I see it as, this man has created something from nearly nothing.... why would he want it squandered?

----

All in all, culling mainly from the books since I consider them more truthful source material than the shows... I consider Tywin to be ENTJ.

Jennifer
06-06-2014, 02:35 PM
I think it's pretty clear he has not. Good times.

Edit: For those who have not read the books, there is a definite difference between many characters. Most notably Littlefinger. Littlefinger in the book is the ghost in the mirror that you barely get a chance to see how epic this man is. Littlefinger on the show is as subtle as painting him neon and saying AMGOURDS CHESSMASTER OF UNIVERSE with trumpets every time he graces the screen.

Lol. I keep expecting the on-screen Littlefinger to twirl his moustache with panache and mug the camera after each double-edged comment he makes.

JLM
06-18-2014, 08:06 PM
Tyrion and Introvert lol no way Jose

Tyrion Lannister- ENTP

Jaime Lannister- ESFJ

Cersei Lannister- ISTJ

Daenerys Targaryen- INFJ

Jon Snow- ISFJ

Petyr Baelish- ENTP( No way an INTJ is running a brothel and is able to charm women)

Maergary Tyrell- ESTJ

Stannis Baratheon- ISTJ

Theon Greyjoy- ESTP

Bran Stark- INFP

Sansa Stark- ISFP

Arya Stark- ESFJ

Brienne of Tarth- ISTP

Ramsay Bolton- ESTP

Varys- INTJ (mastermind who doesnt let sex/emotions get in the way)

Bronn- ISTP

Gendry- ISFP

Tywin Lannister- ESTJ

Shae- ESFJ

Ygritte- ISTP

Jofferey Baratheon- Signs of sociopathy which makes him very hard to type , but I'll guess ESFP but twisted

Catelyn Stark- ESTJ

Robb Stark- ESTJ

Eddard Stark- ISTJ

Robert Baratheon - ESFP(typical low IQ buffoon but skilled warrior)

LanaBanana
06-21-2014, 08:21 AM
I don't watch it, but in this link there's some really cool typings:
Tagged "game of thrones" | Funky MBTI Fiction (http://funkymbtifiction.tumblr.com/tagged/game-of-thrones)

yumchesspie
07-20-2014, 11:06 PM
I don't see Cersei as a sensor. Ni causes most of her problems. I also think she naturally has Fi, but is forced to use Fe instead. She seems like an ambivert, so I'd guess xNTJ.

Littlefinger actually does seem to use Fe with ease. He could be an ENFJ. I guess he might be different in the books, but in the show he doesn't come across as particularly introverted or reserved about his feelings. In fact, he uses his alleged feelings for Catelyn to manipulate people.

Milisandre--xNFJ. She's pretty charming and good at persuading people, and although she's mysterious there's little proof in the show that she's introverted. She's usually around other people and doesn't seem bothered by unexpected company. However, Ni could still be her dominant function and she could be so committed to her faith that she's willing to put on any front to see her plan through. I can see TJ as well though. She is good at forward planning and likes to test a theory she has in the outside world, so I see a possible Ni/Te combination in her.

Varys--INTP or INFJ.

Sansa--ESFJ

Catelyn--I see more ESTJ than anything. She's action-oriented and uses Fi more than Fe.

Jon Snow--ISFP

Arya--ISxP

The Hound--ISTP

Tywin--ENTJ

Tyrion--ENxP

Jaime--ESxP

Joffrey--It's hard to say because he was unhealthy and didn't last long, but I do think he liked to be able to control his environment and liked clarity and consistency from the outside, so I think he's a Te user and possibly a J. Obviously he did not use Fe much. He preferred to be blunt rather than tactful, and though highly sensitive he preferred to appear otherwise. He was young and immature, so it's difficult to see how much foresight he might have. He didn't really have to call most of the political shots. Were he less spoiled, and forced to make important decisions, it'd be interesting to see what would do.

Daenerys confuses me. I can't tell if she uses Fi or Fe. She's good at assimilating into different groups and had good diplomacy for her level of experience, yet she also has some strong, unconventional (for the time/place) views that she refuses to give up even if it hurts her popularity. It was only when individual people came to express their tragedies to her (in the show, at least) that she yielded a bit. That seemed very Fi to me. I think whatever feeling function she uses guides her the most.

yumchesspie
07-21-2014, 03:07 AM
[QUOTE=Emotionalogic;2303818]Oberyn isn't direct enough for se, he enjoys being ambiguous, obscure. And he represses Si, not Ni. And I don't see much fi. You don't need fi to want revenge.

I see Oberyn as an ENFP or even an ENTP, and I know an ENFP with a similar personality. I could buy ENFJ also. People seem to think if you're intuitive you have no sensations and if you're a sensor you're literal all the time. That's absurd and we'd not be very well off in the world if we were that limited. Most people on GoT have to be adaptable to survive. Oberyn may be a good fighter like almost every other male in the series, but that doesn't make him a sensor. He frequently thinks on his feet and manipulates situations by doing or saying the non-obvious thing. He's poetic and a talker and obviously, at times can't keep his mouth shut. He's open minded and looks at things from unique angle.

yumchesspie
07-21-2014, 04:14 AM

You people's typings are...not very good. Sorry.

Yes, thankfully *someone* is paying attention!

You sound rather cocky and almost personally offended by other people's opinions. Also, the name-dropping is pretty trite and unimpressive.

Littlefinger might be a more clear INTJ in the books, but he gives off an ENFJ vibe in the series.

Not sure what to say about Arya. INTJ is possible, but I wouldn't rule out ISxP.

ISTJs, like any other type, can be quite brilliant. No need to assume that's why people see him as an NT. I see him that way because of his interactions with people and his tendency to read between the lines and use it to his advantage. His foresight is superb and he seems to be always a step ahead. He uses the law and set standard for his advantage, but he doesn't seem attached to it. ISTJ doesn't make sense to me because then Ni would be inferior for him and I certainly don't see that.

I agree that Tyrion could be an introvert, but the reason I see Tyrion as an extrovert is not because he has sex and drinks--most of the characters do that. But because he's been able to endure more than a lot of the characters and has still managed to maintain quite a bit of vitality. And he frequently has to pick an unseen possibility inspired by his environment and go with it before having ample time to think it through. And he's okay with that. He's not okay with injustice, but he seems to gather inspiration from the outside world even if his relationship with it is love/hate. I believe his Fe function is higher than inferior, and I think his Ne is above his Ti because Ti users tend to be veeeeery thorough with an idea before putting it out there. In fact, I'm not sure I can rule out INFP for him because I've noticed instances that looked like Fi/Ne/Te.

Jamie is much more practical than Tyrion. He is the ultimate realist. He does what he has to do and uses whatever or who(m)ever is there to accomplish it. He's more of a doer than a talker, but he always has the right words to say when the time comes. I think you're the prejudiced one here who thinks sensors can't be brilliant and symbolic. Some great artists of multiple facets were/are sensors who utilize color, shape, and lighting to create nuance in order to convey something. Many of these people were still sensors. In fact, their preference for things to be tangible can be what motivates them to turn something abstract like an emotion into a painting or sculpture or film, etc...Jaimie is a deep, wise in some ways guy. Because he's lived his life without rose-colored glasses. He sees the reality in front of him and he analytical enough to be able to understand it profoundly. Sure, he was trained to fight. But when his arm was cut off it was symbolic of his life. What meant the most to him and what he felt most comfortable with. It was almost as if his dominant function was taken away, then replaced by his auxiliary. Now he uses more Ti.

Catelyn seems ESTJ to me. She uses Fi, not Fe, and is pretty 'active' and blunt. She always wants the truth and there's little evidence she's introverted.

Cersei is not practical enough to be an ESTP unless she is extremely unbalanced. She is more idealistic than she admits and is obsessed with control. She does not go with the flow. She temporarily pretends to, then complains and/or tries to manipulate the situation. I see a lot of Ni in her with unbalanced Te and Fi. She's almost constantly paranoid and sees how little things could cause a major domino effect, usually at her expense. She drinks and engages in sensory pleasures when stressed just like someone with inferior Se will do. She's ashamed of her emotions and doesn't really connect with anyone besides Jaime, because he is her twin. She's a worrier to the extreme and people who are Se dominant generally aren't constantly worrying about the future. When she gets a theory she sticks to it even if logic disagrees. She is supposed to be like her father, except less logical and more emotional. Well, if you go by functions, Tywin being an ENTJ and Cersei being an INTJ fits. Obviously, she is unbalanced and has paranoid and narcissistic traits, which INTJs are susceptible to. I don't see much Fe in her, because although she is charming and plays her role well, she's clearly miserable and is fine with the world being in chaos as long as she and the few closest to her are secure and in harmony.

Joffrey is hard to type. I don't see a clear preference for introversion over extroversion. I think if I had to guess though, I'd pick either Se or Fi as his dominant function. I'm not sure though because I think he uses immediate pleasure more as a distraction from deep-seated emotional pain and self-hatred. It's possible Se is not one of his functions. I can also see a touch of intuition in him that shows up mainly when interacting with or planning to interact with people. It's difficult to say what thinking function he uses.

simulatedworld
07-21-2014, 07:16 AM
this forum is just people randomly spouting off function names they don't know anything about and it makes me not want to post

ALL-HAIL-ME
07-21-2014, 12:39 PM
I don't see Cersei as a sensor. Ni causes most of her problems. I also think she naturally has Fi, but is forced to use Fe instead. She seems like an ambivert, so I'd guess xNTJ.

Littlefinger actually does seem to use Fe with ease. He could be an ENFJ. I guess he might be different in the books, but in the show he doesn't come across as particularly introverted or reserved about his feelings. In fact, he uses his alleged feelings for Catelyn to manipulate people.

Milisandre--xNFJ. She's pretty charming and good at persuading people, and although she's mysterious there's little proof in the show that she's introverted. She's usually around other people and doesn't seem bothered by unexpected company. However, Ni could still be her dominant function and she could be so committed to her faith that she's willing to put on any front to see her plan through. I can see TJ as well though. She is good at forward planning and likes to test a theory she has in the outside world, so I see a possible Ni/Te combination in her.

Varys--INTP or INFJ.

Sansa--ESFJ

Catelyn--I see more ESTJ than anything. She's action-oriented and uses Fi more than Fe.

Jon Snow--ISFP

Arya--ISxP

The Hound--ISTP

Tywin--ENTJ

Tyrion--ENxP

Jaime--ESxP

Joffrey--It's hard to say because he was unhealthy and didn't last long, but I do think he liked to be able to control his environment and liked clarity and consistency from the outside, so I think he's a Te user and possibly a J. Obviously he did not use Fe much. He preferred to be blunt rather than tactful, and though highly sensitive he preferred to appear otherwise. He was young and immature, so it's difficult to see how much foresight he might have. He didn't really have to call most of the political shots. Were he less spoiled, and forced to make important decisions, it'd be interesting to see what would do.

Daenerys confuses me. I can't tell if she uses Fi or Fe. She's good at assimilating into different groups and had good diplomacy for her level of experience, yet she also has some strong, unconventional (for the time/place) views that she refuses to give up even if it hurts her popularity. It was only when individual people came to express their tragedies to her (in the show, at least) that she yielded a bit. That seemed very Fi to me. I think whatever feeling function she uses guides her the most.

You are right to see Fe in Littlefinger with the exception of it being tertiary rather than dominant. He is somehow an evil counterpart of Varys who is oriented toward maintaining the kingdom and preventing breakdown by any means necessary. Baelish abuses his tertiary Fe to create chaos and disorder. His "love" for Catelyn is more of a simplistic excuse for people like Sansa to justify his actions. His deepest reasons I think are far from a childhood heartbreak.