PDA

View Full Version : Most badass of each type?

Mr. Sherlock Holmes
10-03-2010, 11:05 AM
What would you say is the most badass fictional character for each type. I've decided to leave "I disagree with that typing, I think they're actually ----" out of this thread, because we get that enough and it will lead to long discussions that will be better suited elsewhere. Just choose who you think is the coolest character of each type, or if you have the time, seperate them into lists of heroes and villains.

Halla74
10-03-2010, 01:33 PM
For ESTP's = Captain James Tiberius Kirk

CrystalViolet
10-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Apparently Dr jean Gray from x-men is an INFP. She was pretty bad ass.
Unfortuantly Bad ass =/= INFP :cry:

Mr. Sherlock Holmes
10-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Doesn't necessarily have to be 'badass' in the traditional sense of the word. Just choose your favourites, I guess. Make them badass if you can.

ESFP -
ESTP - Nathan Drake
ISFP -
ISTP - Legolas
ESFJ - Dean Winchester (I think)
ESTJ -
ISFJ - Samwise Gamgee / Watson
ISTJ - Severus Snape
ENFP - Aang
ENFJ - Murray Hewitt
INFP - Zuko / Iroh
INFJ - Yoda
ENTP - The 11th Doctor
ENTJ - Azula (Yes, a lot of these are from Avatar)
INTP - Sherlock Holmes (my analysis, I know many think he's INTJ)
INTJ - Batman / Hannibal Lecter

Will update if think of more.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes
10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Your mother is fictional?

andante
10-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I thought he was Captain...James...Tiberius....Kirk. :tongue:

Mr. Sherlock Holmes
10-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Although another entrance for badass INXP:
http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/288/100/81/daria3.jpg
Bottom right.

Unique
10-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Although another entrance for badass INXP:
http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/288/100/81/daria3.jpg
Bottom right.

She's INTP

INTPs aren't badass in the traditional sense but some do pack quite a punch (metaphor)

Mr. Sherlock Holmes
10-03-2010, 03:51 PM
She's INTP

INTPs aren't badass in the traditional sense but some do pack quite a punch (metaphor)

Sherlock Holmes is badass, and I think he's INTP, so perhaps on occasion. And if anyone doesn't think Sherlock Holmes is badass there is something WRONG WITH YOU!:D

Coriolis
10-03-2010, 03:53 PM
INTJ: Raistlin Majere, from the Dragonlance series

forzen
10-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Isn't Kirk an ENTP?

Lenore Thomson used him alot in her book as an Extravert Intuitive type. There are also two examples I can think of in the new movie that indicates he's pretty intuitive:

1. He was able to deduct that the Vulcan homeworld was being attack from a handful of informations he piece together which indicate that he's pretty intuitive.
2. He reprogram the simulation Spock designed to give him the edge is something an ENTP would do.

Arya Stark (Song of Ice and Fire) - ISTP
Raistlin Majere (Dragonlance) - INTJ
Thanos (Marvel) - ENTJ
Superman (DC) - ENFJ
Justin (Grandia) - ENFP
Professor Xavier (X-Men) - INFJ

Halla74
10-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Isn't Kirk an ENTP?

Lenore Thomson used him alot in her book as an Extravert Intuitive type. There are also two examples I can think of in the new movie that indicates he's pretty intuitive:

The new movie is but one nanosecond of Captain Kirk's overall folk legend. Watch the original series. Episode after episode he is an ass kicking, Romulan brandy drinking, seducer of hot, green alien women. If that isn't the essences of ESTP then every type description ever written is completely wrong.

1. He was able to deduct that the Vulcan homeworld was being attack from a handful of informations he piece together which indicate that he's pretty intuitive.

It appears you think Sensors are incapable of extrapolating possibilities from known information. You are wrong.

2. He reprogram the simulation Spock designed to give him the edge is something an ENTP would do.

You are referring to the Kobayashi Maru simulator at the Star Fleet Academy. Sensors can program computers too, you know. I do it at work everyday.

I'll conclude with this, it's something I've said before.
There are a good number of similiarities between ESTPs and ENTPs.
Especially when either is more toward the middle of N/S.
A really good friend and colleague of mine is an ENTP.
He and I wreak havoc when we work together because we are so far ahead of the curve, and guide the project work in the direction we need it to go while still holding true to the objectives of other stakeholders.
So, if you want to think Kirk is an ENTP, go for it, and I'll keep him pegged as an ESTP, and life will go on.
The best thing you could do is get rid of some of your iNtuitive prejudices.

Moiety
10-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Aldous Huxley - ENFP

forzen
10-03-2010, 07:49 PM
The best thing you could do is get rid of some of your iNtuitive prejudices.

Haha, no prejudices here man. I'm just curious since according to Lenore Thomson, Kirk is "the quintessential Intuitive" (pg. 38, Personality Type: An Owner's Manual).

Here's the exact quote from her book that talks about Kirk's relationship with Scotty:

His [Scotty] direct opposite is Captain Kirk, the quintessential Intuitive, whose focus is squarely on the possible---the not-yet-tried. Like most Intuitives, Kirk is a master of the Great Idea but has little sense of the details or strategy needed to bring it about. He expects to solve problems as they happen, under the pressure of the moment.
Many of the heated arguments on board the Enterprise occur between Kirk and Scotty, because their approaches to life are fundamentally alien to each other. (pg. 38)

So i'm not trying to type Kirk as intuitive, I'm trying to get more opinions in the matter to see if Thomson made a mistake describing someone in her book. Also many people seem to believe that her book is one of the best book out there in understanding about personality type which is why I brought up the subject. I don't really care what people think a character is type under, it's just I saw Thomson use Kirk as an example of an Intuitive character in her book alot.

Halla74
10-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Haha, no prejudices here man. I'm just curious since according to Lenore Thomson, Kirk is "the quintessential Intuitive" (pg. 38, Personality Type: An Owner's Manual).

Understood. I mis-read the intent of your comments. I thought you were hatin'. :D

DISCLAIMER: I am not arguing with Lenore Thompson's book. She knows alot more about this shit than I do. But still, she's human, and all stereotypes are subject to inaccuracy.

Here's the exact quote from her book that talks about Kirk's relationship with Scotty:

His [Scotty] direct opposite is Captain Kirk, the quintessential Intuitive, whose focus is squarely on the possible---the not-yet-tried.

This could be "S"...come on now, Sensors are all about making things happen, and to make things happen they have to be possible.

Like most Intuitives, Kirk is a master of the Great Idea but has little sense of the details or strategy needed to bring it about.

This is a user of strong "N", I agree...

He expects to solve problems as they happen, under the pressure of the moment.

This is ESTP also. We are very good at analysis on the fly, and thinking/acting in real time. We do plan, but we don't need to, and we are actually really good at winging it. :newwink:

Many of the heated arguments on board the Enterprise occur between Kirk and Scotty, because their approaches to life are fundamentally alien to each other. (pg. 38)

Sounds like many good relationships! :laugh:

So i'm not trying to type Kirk as intuitive, I'm trying to get more opinions in the matter to see if Thomson made a mistake describing someone in her book.

Got it. You have my opinion. Do as you wish with it. :)

Also many people seem to believe that her book is one of the best book out there in understanding about personality type which is why I brought up the subject. I don't really care what people think a character is type under, it's just I saw Thomson use Kirk as an example of an Intuitive character in her book alot.

Got it. I understand. Pardon me for misunderstanding the nature of your post.

FWIW, as far as many people believeing her book is one of the best out there in understanding personality types, that only goes so far with me, because my whole life I have been seriously against stereotypes. That's just me though.

Have a great day.

;)

-Halla

forzen
10-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Understood. I mis-read the intent of your comments. I thought you were hatin'. :D

DISCLAIMER: I am not arguing with Lenore Thompson's book. She knows alot more about this shit than I do. But still, she's human, and all stereotypes are subject to inaccuracy.

The underline was precisely why I was asking for second opinions.

I don't hate bro, I don't love either, I'm neutral (or try to be)!!

Halla74
10-03-2010, 08:43 PM
The underline was precisely why I was asking for second opinions.

Cool! :cool:

I don't hate bro, I don't love either, I'm neutral (or try to be)!!

That's a great way to be. :nice:

:solidarity:

Craft
10-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Cool thread.

Why am I thinking about myself?

suttree
10-03-2010, 09:04 PM
I am well on my way to being the most badass INTP.

Craft, there can be only one.

Aleksei
10-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Leaving aside the types of the various Doctor and Master incarnations (which would populate half the list -- the Doctor has been INTJ, ENTJ, INFP, ENFP, ENTP and ISTP -- the master has been ENTJ and INTJ):

INTJ- Johan Liebert
ENTJ- Heath Ledger's Joker
INTP- Spike Spiegel
ENTP- Jules Winnifield
INFJ- Jesus (if the Bible is not allowed, then The operative from Serenity)
ENFJ- Moses (or Qui-Gon Jinn)
INFP- Lawrence of Arabia
ENFP- Mello
ISTJ- Darth Vader
ESTJ- Captain Barbossa
ISFJ- Watson
ESFJ- Paladin Alexander Anderson
ISTP- fucking Alucard
ESTP- Jack Sparrow
ISFP- Spike
ESFP- Captain Jack Harkness

And, yes, Kirk is ENTP.

Craft
10-05-2010, 06:28 PM
I am well on my way to being the most badass INTP.

Craft, there can be only one.

Then we shall do battle! Onwards to old granny's house where pancakes are prepared for consumption. yum.

INTP- Spike Spiegel
ISFP- Spike

You jest.

ZPowers
10-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Aleksei, I don't see why the Bible would be disallowed. Also, Craft, I think the latter Spike is from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Unless the 'you jest' was in reference to disagreement with the typings, in which case carry on.

Illmatic
07-12-2011, 12:25 PM
INTX badasses attract me the most:
Michael Westen
Michael Scofield
L Lawliet
Light Yagami
Alexander Mahone
Sherlock Holmes
Yang Wenli
Shikamaru Nara

kissmyasthma
07-13-2011, 05:05 AM
Some characters off the top of my head:

ESFJ - Dr. McCoy
ENTP - Peter Venkman
INTP - Stephen Maturin / Gandalf the Grey
INTJ - Gandalf the White
INFP - Frodo Baggins (He's an "inner strength" type of badass, anyway)
ISFP - Harry Potter
ISFJ - Samwise Gamgee

goats
07-13-2011, 07:28 PM

I think Jack Sparrow is a really badass ESTP.

LeftKick
07-14-2011, 12:45 AM
ISTP- just about every character Clint Eastwood has played. especially the spaghetti westerns.

Halla74
07-14-2011, 03:17 AM
I think Jack Sparrow is a really badass ESTP.

Agreed! They are both supremely awesome in their own right!!!

:solidarity:

-Halla

CzeCze
07-14-2011, 04:27 AM
ISTP- just about every character Clint Eastwood has played. especially the spaghetti westerns.

Wow is that what ISTP? 'Cause in that case ISTP is sexy. :huh: That's what people kept telling me anyhow. Thanks for the real life example >_<

wolfy
07-14-2011, 04:30 AM
Can't anybody do better than Harry Potter as a badass isfp. That's pretty sad. I'm going to pretend The Man with no Name had a penchant for Fi that was not talked about in the movies.

heizusan
07-15-2011, 01:05 AM
ENTP: Willy M.F. Wonka.

Speed Gavroche
07-15-2011, 01:21 AM
ISTJ: Emma Fraust (X-Men)
ESTJ: Sergant Hartman (Full Metal Jackett)/Eric Cartman (South Park)
ISFJ: Leeloo (The Fifth Element)/Catwoman
ESFJ: Cyclops (X-Men)

ISTP: Wolverine (X-Men)/Spike (Buffy The Vampire Slayer)
ESTP: Alex Delarge (A Clockwork Orange)/Faith (Buffy The Vampire Slayer)
ISFP: Rogue (X-Men)
ESFP: Buffy (Buffy The Vampire Slayer)

INFJ: The Kid (Purple Rain)
ENFJ: Professor X (X-Men)
INFP: Marla Singer (Fight Club)
ENFP: Harley Quinn (DC universe)

INTJ: Magneto (X-Men)/Michael Scofield (Prison Break)/Beatrix Kiddo (Kill Bill)
ENTJ: Sauron (The Lord Of The Ring)
INTP: Beast (X-Men)/Spiderman/Bill (Kill Bill)
ENTP: Hank Moody (Californication)

Harry Potter is not badass dudes!! He is a fucking pansy.

Speed Gavroche
07-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Apparently Dr jean Gray from x-men is an INFP. She was pretty bad ass.
Unfortuantly Bad ass =/= INFP :cry:

I think Jean Grey is more likely NFJ.

ZPowers
07-15-2011, 05:24 AM
ISTJ: Emma Fraust (X-Men)

Quick nerd note: it's spelled Frost.