ENTP : Experimental, drum n bass, prog rock
INTP : Experimental, Electronica/IDM, indie, prog rock
ENFJ : U2 style rock, arena rock, R&B, promoter
INFJ : Singer-songwriter, indie
ENFP : Disney pop, indie, psychedelic, raver
INFP : Emo rock, singer-songwriter, folk, indie, goth

KDude
06-12-2010, 06:02 AM
I guess indie makes some sense (such a loaded term tho). I think ISFPs and ENTPs kinda see a lot of new things maybe, and might be the people who suggest odd shit more than most.. except the ISFP's suggestion somehow blows up into the big indie band, while ENTP's suggestion remains experimental and unappreciated. Like the ISFP still cares what has pop sense, but some new directions at the same time.

Just stereotypes, of couse :cool:

Phantonym
06-12-2010, 06:06 AM

Bwahahahaa. Exactly what I listen to. How stereotypical of me. :rofl1:

Kurt.Is.God
06-12-2010, 07:13 AM
ENFPs...
Disney pop...
That hurt.

IndyAnnaJoan
06-13-2010, 05:43 AM
haha. i do listen to a lot of "indie" stuff.

mrcockburn
06-13-2010, 05:57 AM
SJ: Elevator music

INFJ: I heard my boss listening to Alvin & The Chipmunks, when he THOUGHT no one was in the office to hear him. :devil: Fortunately this was in March, so I left him an anonymous voicemail of the Chipmunks' Macarena song for April Fools Day. Needless to say, he discovered headphones.

Robopop
06-13-2010, 07:10 AM
I think Devo is the ultimate INTP band, they have this weird zany intellectual robotic yet childlike vibe to them.

Southern Kross
06-13-2010, 07:19 AM
:rolli: :dont:

Where are all these emo/goth INFPs people go on about? I've never met any...

Killjoy
06-13-2010, 07:58 AM
I think Devo is the ultimate INTP band, they have this weird zany intellectual robotic yet childlike vibe to them.

And Kraftwerk would probably be the ultimate INTJ band, right?

Samsara
06-13-2010, 08:03 AM
ESFJ : Soft rock, christian rock, R&B

Christian rock wtf?? :cry:

My taste in music is very varied. I like pop, rock, a little R&B, classical, alternative, grunge, and the rest of it.

I just need to have the patience to listen to a song all the way through without flicking to the next one :blush:

JustHer
06-13-2010, 08:11 AM
People never run out of things to try to correlate to MBTI!

Reflection
06-13-2010, 10:02 AM

Well, I don't know about the electronica and indie part. But it could just be me. Experimental and prog is right on, though.

Also, I adore classical music. Especially for the piano (naturally, since I play). But then again, I mostly listen to 'newer' classical - not so rigid in structure (like Chopin's etudes and sonatas, Debussy, Wagner etc).

Speed Gavroche
06-13-2010, 10:38 AM
ISTP : Math rock, punk, jazz, metalhead

Aaaaaaaaaarghh!!!:eek:

:nono:

Reflection
06-13-2010, 10:41 AM
What is math rock? Rock about math? Is it about primes? Because if it's about primes (or possibly geometry), I might listen to it.

Speed Gavroche
06-13-2010, 10:51 AM
MBTI Music Stereotypes

xSTJ: heavy metal, military music
xSFJ: classic rock, country music

xSTP: punk rock, garage rock, gangsta rap, ragga dancehall
xSFP: roots reggae, soul/funk, disco, R&B

ENFJ: new age music, Earth, Wind & Fire
INTP: boring music, nerdy music, math rock, Radiohead
ESFP: fantastic music, cool music, sensitive music, funny music, eccentric music, Kool & The Gang, ABBA, Blondie, Lady Gaga
ISTP: decadent music, obnoxious music, fun music, noisy music,drugged music, delirious music, dark music, Beastie Boys, Velvet Underground, Alice In Chains
ESTP: powerfull music, popstar music, rockkstar music, hedonistic music, maverick music, rebelious music, fantastic music, eccentric music commercial music, Madonna, Billy Idol, Gun'N Roses, AC/DC

Chart-The-Course: drummer, guitarist, bassist
In-Charge: lead singer, manager
Behind-the-Scene: drummer, songwriter, composer
Getting-Things-Going: singer, dancer

Actually, the CTC roles are the ones realte the least with.:doh:

Reflection
06-13-2010, 10:59 AM
MBTI Music Stereotypes

Now that's just uncalled for! Radiohead, really. *scoffs*

The Outsider
06-13-2010, 01:55 PM
INFP: A solo dark ambient project.

whatever
06-13-2010, 02:00 PM
thanks for giving me punk SG :wubbie:

I was quite offended to see that it went to the ISTPs in the OP when there's NO better music to yell along obnoxiously with while driving (or cleaning house... whatever :ninja:)

Moiety
06-13-2010, 02:33 PM

Could this mean that I really am an INTP?

Cimarron
06-13-2010, 07:09 PM
What is math rock? Rock about math? Is it about primes? Because if it's about primes (or possibly geometry), I might listen to it.
Math rock is probably that kind of rock which focuses more on the interesting ways a song can be structured mathematically (rare time-signatures, rare beat patterns, rare chord structures), reveling in the technicality while not being so concerned with aesthetics and how it "feels, emotionally." Sounds like a sub-set of prog rock to me.

IndyAnnaJoan
06-13-2010, 09:13 PM
isn't tool considered math rock?

Moiety
06-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Tool? No.

Math rock is probably that kind of rock which focuses more on the interesting ways a song can be structured mathematically (rare time-signatures, rare beat patterns, rare chord structures), reveling in the technicality while not being so concerned with aesthetics and how it "feels, emotionally." Sounds like a sub-set of prog rock to me.

Yeah. And Meshuggah for example, could be considered Math Metal kinda.

IndyAnnaJoan
06-13-2010, 09:17 PM
MBTI Music Stereotypes

xSFJ: classic rock, country music

xSTP: punk rock, garage rock, gangsta rap, ragga dancehall
xSFP: roots reggae, soul/funk, disco, R&B

ENFJ: new age music, Earth, Wind & Fire
ESFP: fantastic music, cool music, sensitive music, funny music, eccentric music, Kool & The Gang, ABBA, Blondie, Lady Gaga
ISTP: decadent music, obnoxious music, fun music, noisy music,drugged music, delirious music, dark music, Beastie Boys, Velvet Underground, Alice In Chains
ESTP: powerfull music, popstar music, rockkstar music, hedonistic music, maverick music, rebelious music, fantastic music, eccentric music commercial music, Madonna, Billy Idol, Gun'N Roses, AC/DC

Chart-The-Course: drummer, guitarist, bassist
Behind-the-Scene: drummer, songwriter, composer
Getting-Things-Going: singer, dancer

Actually, the CTC roles are the ones realte the least with.:doh:
disco?? :doh:

disco is NOT aesthetically pleasing to my ears.
i'm okay with roots reggae and i suppose soul funk. although, i'm not really sure what that genre is like... :huh:

ajblaise
06-13-2010, 09:21 PM

Math rock is unlistenable to most people. Here is some true math rock, Hella.

Hella - Biblical Violence

CuriousFeeling
06-13-2010, 09:25 PM
ISTJ : Jazz, tour accountant
ISFJ : Singer-songwriter, soft rock
ENTJ : CEO, prog rock
INTJ : Classical, minimal techno, kraut rock

The above applies.

I'm a prog rock, soft rock, pop/rock, 80s synth pop/ New Wave, singer-songwriter, electronica, classical, and jazz person. If it's got lots of keyboard, I'm happy.

Not quite stereotypical INFJ, LOL.

KDude
06-13-2010, 10:11 PM

i'm okay with roots reggae and i suppose soul funk. although, i'm not really sure what that genre is like... :huh:

And all we get is.. dead disco, dead funk, dead rock n roll.. :whistling:

Reflection
06-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Math rock is unlistenable to most people. Here is some true math rock, Hella.

-youtube snipety snip-

At first I thought: "Hmpf." Then: "Interesting." Gradually, I started trying to anticipate beats. And then I started thinking about musical theory. So, yeah, not bad.

Robopop
06-15-2010, 12:46 AM

:sadbanana: Disco is one of my favorite genres of music, it's so lush with all the piano, guitar,bass and string sounds.

EffEmDoubleyou
06-15-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm not sure type has much to do with music. I wouldn't listen to techno or kraut rock if you paid me.

Craft
06-15-2010, 02:09 AM
Could this mean that I really am an INTP?

I've been observing you and your posts. You are INTP.

KDude
06-15-2010, 02:20 AM
:sadbanana: Disco is one of my favorite genres of music, it's so lush with all the piano, guitar,bass and string sounds.

What, like ELO? They're cool. Most disco is just trite though (imho).

Also, Blondie, if they count.. kinda punk disco though

Moonstone3
06-15-2010, 02:52 AM
isn't tool considered math rock?

Wow. Great thought, and I think-I mean know-so. Yes!
Fibonacci, my friends.

Moonstone3
06-15-2010, 02:58 AM
MBTI Music Stereotypes

Boring music?:huh:

'But boring music isn't the same as other kinds of music.'-Molly Ringwald.
'Ahh, but to dorks like me, it is.'- Judd Nelson:headphne:

Robopop
06-15-2010, 06:59 AM
What, like ELO? They're cool. Most disco is just trite though (imho).

Also, Blondie, if they count.. kinda punk disco though

Well I like the earlier disco sound of the mid 70s compared to the campy disco of the late 70s/early 80s. This sound is way closer to philly soul and wah wah funk that it is almost indistinguishable from it. It is slower in tempo and more influenced by classical music too, think Love's Theme ;).

I don't enjoy the super fast paced disco that is associated with the likes of the Village People :sick:.

Disco got old really fast and it was doomed when every other music artist tried to jump on the disco bandwagon. But disco is VERY influential and post-punk and new wave took alot of the basic disco structures(4 on the floor beat, funky basslines) and stripped the sound down. Disco also made synth music more acceptable and laided the foundation for synthpop/electropop(I Feel Love by Donna Summer).

I can see Jazz, classical, funk, soul, latin, calypso, rock, and synth music in the disco sound. I think peolpe disliked the disco fashion more than the actual music, really some of it IS indistinguishable from funk and soul but these genres get more respect than disco. There is also the sleazy lifestyle associated with the studio 54 era.
And yeah, I love ELO and Blondie too :wubbie:.

IndyAnnaJoan
06-15-2010, 07:44 AM
And all we get is.. dead disco, dead funk, dead rock n roll.. :whistling:

yeah, yeah! love that song! reeeemodel! everything has been done! la la la la la la la la la laaaa. :yes:

wolfy
06-15-2010, 07:49 AM
I don't know about math rock, here is some math hip hop I like...

Mos Def Mathematics

Robopop
06-16-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't really think MBTI type has much to do with music preference, besides maybe how open you are to different music genres. I made this thread based on the stereotypes of the MBTI archetypes.

Some of the big five personality dimensions have been correlated with music preference though, like extroverts(according to the five factor model) generally prefer louder, busier music while introverts are said to generally prefer slower more relaxed music. Do any of you agree with these results from the five factor model correlating with your music preference, like if you are a introvert, do you prefer slower music?

I'm an introvert and while a like dance music(lower tempo disco/french house), my music preference does seem to be on the slower tempo side. I really can't stand really loud, fast tempo music for too long(like lots of punk). I guess this is because I like the music to build a relaxing, dreamy mood. Ambient techno/glitch, dub, classical, philly soul/smooth soul and lower tempo disco music seem to do this very well for me.

And I really LOVE Serge Gainsbourg too. :headphne:

pinkgraffiti
10-13-2011, 10:28 PM
ESTJ : Manager, music executive
ISTJ : Jazz, tour accountant
ESFJ : Soft rock, christian rock, R&B
ISFJ : Singer-songwriter, soft rock
ESTP : Rockstar, gangster rapper, DJ
ISTP : Math rock, punk, jazz, metalhead
ESFP : Dance-pop, rockstar, raver, DJ
ISFP : Singer-songerwriter, folk, indie, hippie
ENTJ : CEO, prog rock
ENTP : Experimental, drum n bass, prog rock
ENFJ : U2 style rock, arena rock, R&B, promoter

I want to tell you something: this is stupid!
If you are a music lover, you are a music lover. It has nothing to do with MBTI.
I'm an ENFP and you know what? I do not like Disney pop. 'Indie'!? that is a fucking artificial genre, it doesn't mean anything, i even have problems understanding what you are talking about. Psychedelic - yes, to an extend...why? what do you mean? Raver? err....not particularly no
But then, other groups you mentioned:

Jazz - fuck yes! (and I'm not an ISTJ
Singer-songwriter - I guess. I mean, what is that as a category? that means nothing. you can have great singer songwriters and shit ones too.
Rock- yes! (and I'm not an ESTP, at all!)
Punk - yes! (and i'm not ISTP)
ISFP descriptions - all yes
Progressive rock - yes (and i'm not ENTJ)
minimal techno, kraut rock - yes! and i0m not INTJ
experimental - fuck yes! electronica - yes! indie - yes! prog rock - yes! .....am i an INTP? ABSOLUTELY NOT
singer-songwriter/indie -yes (still not an infj though!)
folk - yeah (but not an info!)

Speed Gavroche
10-13-2011, 11:41 PM
SJ: Classic music
SP: Pop music
NF: Idyllic music
NT: Progressive music

Chart-the-course: guitarist
Behind-the-scene: drummer, composer
Getting-things-going: dancer, singer

LunaLuminosity
10-14-2011, 12:00 AM
Some of the big five personality dimensions have been correlated with music preference though, like extroverts(according to the five factor model) generally prefer louder, busier music while introverts are said to generally prefer slower more relaxed music. Do any of you agree with these results from the five factor model correlating with your music preference, like if you are a introvert, do you prefer slower music?

I'm an introvert and while a like dance music(lower tempo disco/french house), my music preference does seem to be on the slower tempo side. I really can't stand really loud, fast tempo music for too long(like lots of punk). I guess this is because I like the music to build a relaxing, dreamy mood. Ambient techno/glitch, dub, classical, philly soul/smooth soul and lower tempo disco music seem to do this very well for me.

I really think there may be something to this part. I really like the loud very-fast tempo dance/rock music and get bored with the more relaxing music pretty fast. (But I don't like VERY LOUD music to the point where it is painful) And I figure now that this really is suggestive of being on the extraverted side of things but before I thought I just had weird taste in music ;)

And what throws me off still is that the INTPs are often associated with various electronic genres but a lot of that is super-high-energy-tempo-out-to-the-stratosphere stuff :laugh: Is there something I'm missing there?

chihuahuasrluv
10-14-2011, 12:02 AM
'INFP : Emo rock, singer-songwriter, folk, indie, goth'

That's freakishly accurate for me.

Matt_s
10-14-2011, 12:42 AM
This is more, "what I'd listen to if I woke up in the morning another type but with my music collection" (I don't think that thread exists). I don't own and don't like Wagner all that much but I couldn't think of anything. I imagine INFP is as easy for everyone else as it is for me.

ESTJ : Frank Sinatra
ISTJ : Vladimir Horowitz
ESFJ : Queen
ISFJ : Oscar Peterson
ESTP : Lily Allen
ISTP : Credence Clearwater Revival
ESFP : Parliament/Funkadelic
ISFP : Lucinda Williams
ENTJ : Wagner? (I had the hardest time with this one)
INTJ : Bach
ENTP : Gnarls Barkley
INTP : Stan Kenton
ENFJ : Brian Wilson
INFJ : John Coltrane
ENFP : The Beatles
INFP : Nick Drake

Ghostwheel
10-16-2011, 07:34 AM
INTJ : Bach

You are wise in the ways of music ... and MBTIing.

If you were an INTJ, you might very well fix upon Bach, as I have many times. Bach is both mystical and orderly in the extreme, a musical combination that is tirelessly appealing to me.

Sorry ... that's a pretty feeble explanation, isn't it? Oh well. I do think you got that one right, at least to the extent you can hope to match a musical archetype or composer/performer with MBTI

ICUP
10-16-2011, 07:41 AM
I want to tell you something: this is stupid!
If you are a music lover, you are a music lover. It has nothing to do with MBTI.
I'm an ENFP and you know what? I do not like Disney pop. 'Indie'!? that is a fucking artificial genre, it doesn't mean anything, i even have problems understanding what you are talking about. Psychedelic - yes, to an extend...why? what do you mean? Raver? err....not particularly no
But then, other groups you mentioned:

Jazz - fuck yes! (and I'm not an ISTJ
Singer-songwriter - I guess. I mean, what is that as a category? that means nothing. you can have great singer songwriters and shit ones too.
Rock- yes! (and I'm not an ESTP, at all!)
Punk - yes! (and i'm not ISTP)
ISFP descriptions - all yes
Progressive rock - yes (and i'm not ENTJ)
minimal techno, kraut rock - yes! and i0m not INTJ
experimental - fuck yes! electronica - yes! indie - yes! prog rock - yes! .....am i an INTP? ABSOLUTELY NOT
singer-songwriter/indie -yes (still not an infj though!)
folk - yeah (but not an info!)

:rofl1: You're funny. Welcome. :hi:

Blanchard
10-16-2011, 07:26 PM

Classical, ok, but minimal techno and kraut rock? No thanks, i am INTJ and i don´t like this music. I like the pure rock, the heavy or the gothic/symphony metal.

Lady_X
10-16-2011, 09:29 PM
ENFPs...
Disney pop...
That hurt.

it's ridic.

Jaqcues Le Paul
10-17-2011, 06:41 PM
For every type with jazz listed and ENTP

Down beat pop should be added.

Jaqcues Le Paul
10-17-2011, 06:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXdwb_lUKvs&feature=related

Stanton Moore
10-17-2011, 08:25 PM
SP: Pop music
NF: Idyllic music
NT: Progressive music

Chart-the-course: guitarist
Behind-the-scene: drummer, composer
Getting-things-going: dancer, singer

What the hell is 'idyllic music'?

scriabin221
12-22-2012, 03:03 AM
I agree on the Bach. I'm very into Bach. The keyboard music, especially. It's some of the most complex, interesting, and aesthetically appealing music there is. I would further say that Anything performed by Glenn Gould is very INTJ. It's idiosyncratic, intelligent, very clearly played. I would say that most modernist art music would be very interesting to an INTJ. Such Schoenberg. It's dark, but not overly emotional, it's put together in an interesting systematic way.

Jaguar
12-22-2012, 03:12 AM
I'm listening to Bach, right now. But it's...
http://gallery.socionix.com/d/52344-1/cdd9fc02.gif

_eric_
12-22-2012, 03:58 AM
Not for me...most of what I listen to is extreme metal (death, black, and doom especially), along with some classical and dark ambient. Nothing you would ever hear on the radio or tv.

Hecuba
05-15-2013, 08:06 PM
I am not sure about these stereotypes but as an ISFJ I am drawn to Gothic and Punk music because it reminds me of my inner anguish and hatred towards this world.

Blackmail!
05-15-2013, 08:49 PM
I agree on the Bach. I'm very into Bach. The keyboard music, especially. It's some of the most complex, interesting, and aesthetically appealing music there is. I would further say that Anything performed by Glenn Gould is very INTJ. It's idiosyncratic, intelligent, very clearly played. I would say that most modernist art music would be very interesting to an INTJ. Such Schoenberg. It's dark, but not overly emotional, it's put together in an interesting systematic way.

How dare you imply that Bach is devoid of any emotion? Just listen to an Aria, to a Concerto or to a Passion!
I'm also very fond of Bach music (quoting Gould is a cliché, by the way), I even play it sometimes... and just like Jaguar said: it's NOT TYPE RELATED.

Music, like any acquired cultural taste, is SOCIALLY and CULTURALLY related (at last, statistically speaking: see the theory of cultural capital for further information).

It means for instance that anybody who listens mainstream pop or gothic is likely to belong to a popular/middle (white or asian) class. While Jazz and Baroque may rather indicate middle to high intellectual bourgeoisie. Et caetera...
It has nothing to do with typing.

Infinite Bubble
05-15-2013, 08:50 PM
I can see how Ne users might enjoy prog because of its changing nature that would satisfy the function, but I certainly wouldn't put any of this down to type. I listen to it (albeit, not too much), as an Ni user. I do like both classical and some techno though, although I don't think I've listened to Krautrock, so I cannot say. I mostly listen to a wide range of electronic music though. Another one is ISTJ for Jazz; I would classify it more as SP, especially its freer forms, and as improvisation is one of its key characteristics. As a dislaimer: no I don't think it's type related - there are probably vague patterns in there, always are, but I'm only suggesting for this threads purpose. Not to be taken too seriously.

AffirmitiveAnxiety
05-15-2013, 09:07 PM
and just like Jaguar said: it's NOT TYPE RELATED.

Very few things are ive realised.

msg_v2
05-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Yeah.

I'm an NT, and I like "feely" folk music/alt-country. It makes me think of nature, streams, mountains, etc.

Habba
07-24-2013, 03:39 PM
This is pretty close, yeah. I do like some heavy metal, industrial to be more precise. I don't exactly like military music, but powerful rhythm is important to me.

No the classic classics, no. But I do enjoy trailer music and orchestral music.

ISTJ: Jazz, tour accountanty

I like a song from every genre. Except Jazz. To this date, I have not yet heard a good Jazz song.

Now listening to Dubstep - Gangsta Rap - Roots Reggae mix... (Cypress Hill + Rusko + Dr. Bong) :p

Stansmith
07-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Indie - ENFP, ISFP, INTJ, INFJ, INFP

Pop - ENFP, ESFP, ENFJ, ESFJ

Vintage 90s/80s rap - ENFP, ENTP, INFP, ISFP

Rap - Everyone except INFJs (they REALLY hate misogyny), INTJs, ISTJs, ESTJs and INTPs

Metal/weird white people sh-t - INTJ, ENTP, INTP, ESTP, ISTP

Techno/dance sh-t - ENFP, ESFP, and idk who else

Nothing - ISFP, ESFP and ISFJ; Ive actually met quite a few people of these types who claim they don't have any favorite artists. I think they're 9s usually.

Stansmith
07-24-2013, 07:20 PM
I think ENFPs and some ISFPs have the most diverse taste. I can listen to Animal Collective, The Smiths and Neon Indian, and then listen to JT or Wayne without looking like a hipster snob.

I'd argue ENTP too, but they're less likely to be into mindless catchy pop music unless its Journey or something.

five sounds
07-24-2013, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=Robopop;1201914]ESTJ : Manager, music executive

My INTJ husband is way more into happy pop music than I am. I have a hard time with the label "indie" because there are so many different kinds of music that happen to be under independent record labels. I do like a good psychedelic vibe, but more than anything I like my music RAW! From the nastiest hip hop to Thom Yorke screaming and freaking out to Wilco speaking the truth about life and making the guitar sing. I know these are just stereotypes, and I do enjoy the idea. Just responding to what's relevant to me :)

msg_v2
07-24-2013, 09:48 PM
ESTJ : Manager, music executive

My INTJ husband is way more into happy pop music than I am. I have a hard time with the label "indie" because there are so many different kinds of music that happen to be under independent record labels.

Indie is a terrible name, because it has nothing to do with being independent. It merely means "contemporary rock-ish music." it really has nothing to do with independent, as people who have signed to major labels are often called "independent."

It's about as useless of a word as "alternative." It's not really clear what "alternative" is even the alternative to anymore. Nickelback? Classic rock? Then why not just call it rock?

I think my music choices are very Ne/Fe. They're either very bizarre, or emotionally rich. Sometimes both.

Rail Tracer
07-24-2013, 10:56 PM
It's about as useless of a word as "alternative." It's not really clear what "alternative" is even the alternative to anymore. Nickelback? Classic rock? Then why not just call it rock?

I think my music choices are very Ne/Fe. They're either very bizarre, or emotionally rich. Sometimes both.

If it is called alternative rock, it is most likely to be rock that doesn't stay in the confines of what people consider stereotypical rock. If alternative rock gets to mainstream, it is no longer considered alternative rock. Alternative itself as a label, well, that is a very general label. I would assume alternative music stays away from popular trends (many of today's music have electronic elements in them.)

Or rather, alternative is a label that isn't a stereotypical genre of that label. A familiar term would probably be underground, but a popular groups song wouldn't necessarily be called underground any longer if they were more well known.

Example: Political Rap/Hip-Hop would probably be more "alternative" than gangsta rap mostly because gangsta rap is mainstream. Political Rap is more likely to be both "alternative" AND "underground" because it isn't as listened to. Bad example, but Flobots (especially when you listen to Jonny 5) doesn't have as big as a following as someone like... you know.. [insert gangsta rapper here.]

Example: Tupac:Mainstream Gangsta Rap/Hip-Hop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCVT7tqO-YA

Example: Jonny 5:Alternative Political Rap/Hip-Hop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK2K-EcBVI4

Example: Flobots: Alternative Political Rap/Hip-Hop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zDW0GROnt8

Therefore, you can say Tupic is mainstream rap/hip-hop(even today as many songs are influenced in his type of genre) while Flobots is more alternative because it isn't playing the more mainstream parts of rap/hip-hop.

I can drink artists' like Jonny 5, I can't seem to do the same with artists that are more like Tupac (as popular as him and his genre seems)

pinkgraffiti
07-25-2013, 12:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2wMsnE2cvI

Rail Tracer
07-25-2013, 05:06 AM
That reminds me, there are quite a few genres I tend to go to.

Rap and Hip-Hop (depends on what kind of rap/hip-hop... if it sounds like gangsta rap/hip-hop, I won't touch it with a 10ft pole)
Hard Rock and Metal
Trance and Techno
Pop, mostly because of how funny it has become (for the lols.)
International music (I actually got a list of songs in Japanese, Spanish, Korean, and French.) Most of them are Rock or R&B.

greenfairy
12-07-2013, 06:28 PM
My taste is mostly ESFP...

Inis Mona
12-09-2013, 08:11 PM
:rolli: :dont:

Where are all these emo/goth INFPs people go on about? I've never met any...

Hi! :hi: