PDA

View Full Version : Majors and jobs for creative people

run
10-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Music, history, and philosophy are the only things that capture my attention. Everything else seems very dry and sciencey. I want to go to grad school and keep learning, but I don't know what else I want to do besides teach music. What should I look into?

Scott N Denver
10-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Apparently you should not look into science. How about history, or philosophy? Both seem IN_P friendly to me.

speculative
10-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Music, history, and philosophy are the only things that capture my attention. Everything else seems very dry and sciencey. I want to go to grad school and keep learning, but I don't know what else I want to do besides teach music. What should I look into?

You could probably become an expert in the history of music and create a career for yourself out of that somehow. For example, you could get a Ph.D. in History with a focus on music and become a college professor that teaches history classes including classes in the history of music. I'm about 99% certain that when I was in college one of the core classes I could have chosen to complete in the humanities cateogry was the history of music.

You could even make a documentary like Ken Burns but instead of being about the Civil War or national parks, it could be about music. :headphne: Or, you could be a curator at a music history museum such as the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame?

That's just a few ideas off the top of my head, not necessarily good, but my point is I think if you serious want to mix & match these disciplines I think you could find some avenues available to you. Good luck!