PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Characters

polikujm
04-12-2009, 04:36 AM
For fun! I'm interested if anyone has some original or valid ideas.

Popular ones, you know like:

Mario -
Link -
Solid Snake -
Sonic the Hedgehog -
Samus -
Pacman -
Cloud Strife -
Master Chief -
Lara Croft -
Pikachu -
The dog from Duck Hunt -

Costrin
04-12-2009, 04:41 AM
Mario - ESFP
Link - IIII
Solid Snake - INTJ
Sonic the Hedgehog - ESTP
Samus - ISTP
Pacman - ESFJ
Cloud Strife - ISTP
Master Chief - ENTJ
Lara Croft - ISTJ
Pikachu - ENFP
The dog from Duck Hunt - JERK

Rawr

cogdecree
04-12-2009, 04:42 AM
Mario - ESFP
Link -ISFJ (think if all those fun yet repetitive puzzles you got to solve)
Sonic the Hedgehog - ESFP
Samus - ISTP
Lara Croft -IXTP

Edit:

hey we agree on some

polikujm
04-12-2009, 04:51 AM
Link -ISFJ (think if all those fun yet repetitive puzzles you got to solve)

Yeah and he do wear tight sexy clothes.

Polaris
04-12-2009, 04:53 AM
Final Fantasy 10:

Tidus - ENFP
Yuna - INFJ
Wakka - ESFP
Auron - INTJ
Lulu - INTJ
Rikku - ESFP
Kimahri - ISTJ
Seymour - ENFJ

Shaula
04-12-2009, 04:56 AM
The dog from Duck Hunt - JERK
:laugh:

BlackCat
04-12-2009, 04:59 AM
Mother series-

Mother 2/Earthbound:

Ness- INFP
Paula- INFJ
Jeff- INTP
Poo- ISTJ
Porky- ESTJ

Mother 3:

Lucas- INFP
Boney- INTP
Kumatora- ESTP
Duster- ISTP
Porky- ESTJ

Chimerical
04-12-2009, 05:07 AM
Mario - ENFP
Link - INTP
Solid Snake - ESTP all the way
Sonic the Hedgehog - ENFP or ENTP
Samus - INTJ
Pacman - .....hmmm
Cloud Strife - ESTP
Master Chief - not enough info to give an accurate assessment [as in I don't play story mode on halo]
Lara Croft - Don't play tomb raider enough
Pikachu - I don't play or watch enough pokemon
The dog from Duck Hunt - Maybe an INTJ, he sure enjoys laughing at your misfortunes

Zero [in megaman X] ENTP
Zero [In megaman zero] INTJ
Zero [In megaman maverick hunter] INTJ

Megaman X BITCH [Most likely an INFP, but he's still a bitch.]
Dr.Wily INTJ
Dr.Light INTP
Megaman ENFP

Protoman ISTP
Bass ESTJ
Roll SLUT
Sigma INTJ

Ken [streetfighter] ESTP or ENTP, can't tell
Ryu ISTJ

M.Bison INTJ

Marth ISTP

edit
Copy X [megaman Zero] INTJ
X [megaman Zero] INFJ
X [megaman X] INFP
Megaman ENFP

a pattern is apparent

Harpuia INTJ
Fefnir ESTJ
Leviathan INFP
Phantom ISTP

Ciel INFP

Polaris
04-12-2009, 05:09 AM
I see Pokey more as an ESTJ and Kumatora as an ESTP.

Xenosaga:

Shion - ENFP
Jin - InFJ
Jr - ESTP
Albedo - ENTP
Chaos - INFP
Ziggy - ISTJ
Momo - ISFJ
Nephilim - INFJ
Wilhelm - INTJ
KOS-MOS - INTJ
Kevin - INTJ
Yuriev - ENTJ
Sellers - ENTP
Virgil - ESTP
Juli - INFJ
Joachim - INTJ
Canaan - ISTP

BlackCat
04-12-2009, 05:15 AM
Final Fantasy 9-

Zidance: ENTP
Garnet: INFJ
Steiner: ESTJ
Vivi: INFP
Freya: ISFJ
Quina: ESFP
Eiko: ISFP
Armarant: INFJ
Beatrix: ISTJ
Kuja: ENFJ

Yeah it's been a while since I played it, ESTP and ESTJ makes more sense. It's been a while for all of these.

Polaris
04-12-2009, 05:24 AM
Final Fantasy 9-

Zidance: ENTP
Garnet: INFJ
Steiner: ESTJ
Vivi: INFP
Freya: ISFJ
Quina: ESFP
Eiko: ISFP
Armarant: INFJ
Beatrix: ISTJ
Kuja: ENFJ

Yeah it's been a while since I played it, ESTP and ESTJ makes more sense.Ugh, you beat me to it. I was just about to do FF IX next.

Kingdom Hearts:

Sora - ESFP
Riku - INFJ
Kairi - ENFJ
Donald - ?STJ
Goofy - ENFP
Mickey - ?NFJ
Roxas - INFP
Axel - ESTP
Diz - INFJ
Xemnas - ENFJ

BlackCat
04-12-2009, 05:28 AM
I agree with all of those about KH, the only character in that game that severely confused me was Donald. I just didn't see anything that he could possibly be idk.

EDIT: Mickey and Goofy were also confusing. For some reason I dubbed Mickey as ENTP, it made sense to me. *shrug*

polikujm
04-12-2009, 05:41 AM
Anyone care to do Xenogears?

VagrantFarce
04-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Solid Snake - ESTP all the way

I don't see it. He spends his down time sitting around in Alaska or moping in front of graves on his own. If he does spend time with anyone, he's usually making some long soliloquy on war and all that bollocks. I'd certainly place him as an INXX at the very least. I think INTJ makes the most sense, with a well-developed inferior Se; he operates best when dealing with things objectively, and he has that "trademark aura of definiteness" that INTJs seem to crave.

Moiety
04-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Master Chief - ISTP
Lara Croft - INTP before Crystal Dynamics, INFP? after Crystal Dynamics

The Outsider
04-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Not familiar with any of those anime games, I'll just try to type some random ones from here and there.
I am horrible at this typing thing, so correct me please.

The Nameless Hero (Gothic series) - ESTP
Xardas - INTJ
Altair (Assassin's Creed) - INTJ
Prince of Persia
In The Sands of Time - ESTP
In Warrior Within - IXFP
In The Two Thrones - ESTP/INTJ
Farah - ISFJ
Prince in the new Prince of Persia game - ESTP
Elika - INFP
Martin Septim (Oblivion) - INFP
Uriel Septim - ENFJ
Three Dog (Fallout 3) - ENFP
Dad - INFJ
Tenpenny - ESTJ
Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher) - ISXP

FallaciaSonata
04-13-2009, 03:54 AM
Just a thought....but I've noticed that I seem to prefer certain characters from certain games, and I've also noticed a trend with that. They usually seem to be the same type as myself, or they're almost completely the opposite.

For example, someone just listed the Xenosaga characters. My favorite character (before reading this post, of course) is Ziggy. If the types are correct, that means he is an ISTJ, like myself.

Second favorite character? KOS-MOS, hands down. And she's quite close. (Well, sort of.)

But then again, I also really liked Jr. and Albedo. And they're completely different. ESTP and ENTP?

Perhaps this should be in it's own thread. Or perhaps not. I suppose I should add to this thread, to justify all of this. ; )

Star Ocean: The Last Hope (Total guessing on my part. I liked Faize and Bacchus the most.)

Edge - ESFP
Doesn't seem to have issues connecting with others. I think he uses Sensory as opposed to iNtuition, and Feeling as opposed to Thinking. He tends to react emotionally, I think. I'd say he is a P because he reacts quickly and makes due.

Reimi - ENFJ
Doesn't seem to have problems communicating with others. I think. Tends to look at the bigger picture and foresees things that Edge would miss -- hence the iNtuitive-ness. I think she reacts more emotionally, and like things in order.

Faize - INFJ
Introvert. It's written all over him. He seems to have the big picture. I could be completely wrong, but I think he's a Feeler and a Judger, too.

Lymle - ISFP
Introvert. It's written all over her. She seems to miss the big picture, making me believe she is a Sensor. Reacts emotionally (due to age?) to events. She doesn't seem to be big on making lists and keeping order, but I'm still learning and guessing here.

Bacchus - ISTJ
This guy, I'm pretty confident about. He's a lot like me. ; )

Meracle - ESFP (Drove me nuts, personally. Ugh, and the voiceover....quite annoying.)
Definitely an extrovert. The rest is a guess.

Sarah - ISFP
I would think her quiet nature would put her in the Introvert category. Tends to notice only what's in front of her and reacts emotionally and unpredictably.

Myuria - INFJ
Doesn't reveal much about herself until later in the game, so I think she's an introvert. Sees the big picture, reacts emotionally, and likes things a certain way.

Arumat - ISTP
Doesn't like to talk about himself. Pretty literal guy, sort of...dark. Reacts well in high-pressure situations.

Total guessing on my part. Anyone want to educate me?

NewEra
05-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Mario - ESFP
Link - INTJ
Donkey Kong - ESTJ
Diddy Kong - ISFP
Solid Snake - ISTJ
Samus - ISTP
Pacman - ISFP
Master Chief - ENTJ
Lara Croft - ISTP

Athenian200
05-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Let's see. I haven't played some of these games, so...

Mario -
ISFP

Link -

INTP

Solid Snake -
Unknown

Sonic the Hedgehog -

ESTP

Samus -

ENTJ

Pacman -

ESTP

Cloud Strife -

INTJ

Master Chief -
Unknown

Lara Croft -
Unknown

Pikachu -

INTJ

The dog from Duck Hunt -

Unknown

A question, though... since everyone seems to agree that Sonic is ESTP, would that make Shadow INFJ, or INTJ?

Sentura
05-11-2009, 02:18 AM
half life.. 2?
g man: high N ENTP (beyond the human mind)
kleiner: INTJ
alyx: IXFP
eli: ENFJ
mossman: INFP/ENFJ
breen: ENTJ
dog: ROBO

team fortress 2:
scout: ESTP
soldier: ESTJ
pyro: ISFP
demoman: INFP
heavy: ENTP
engineer: ENTP
medic: ENFJ
sniper: INFP
spy: INTJ

sam fischer: INTJ turning INTP
punisher: ENXP

Speed Gavroche
05-11-2009, 09:29 AM
From another thread, about GTA San Andreas:

C.J: ISFJ
Sweet: ESTJ
Kendall: ISTJ
Big Smoke: ESFP
Ryder: ISTP
Frank Tempenny: ISTJ
Eddie Polaski: ESFP
Cesar: ISFP
Woozie: INTP
OG Loc: ESFP
Jizzy: ESTJ
Catalina: ESTP
Zero: ENTJ
Salvatore Leone: ISTJ

Cinnamon Sugar
05-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Has anyone else on this forum played the Lunar games? The remakes of Lunar 1 and 2 are among my favorites games ever. I haven't played the games in their entirety for awhile now, so these type impressions may not be the most accurate...

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Alex: ISTP? Maybe ISFP.
Luna: INFX. Probably J.
Nash: ENTP? Maybe ESTP.
Mia: INFP
Jessica: ENFX?
Kyle: ESTP
Ghaleon: INTJ?

Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete
Hiro: EXFP
Lucia: INXX. Probably T.
Ronfar: EXTP.
Jean: INFJ?
Lemina: EXXP?
Ruby: EXFX

NewEra
05-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Who are all these random names lol? We're talking about video games! You know - Mario, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Samus, etc.

Sentura
05-11-2009, 11:19 PM
obscure JRPGs are a huge thing for INFs it seems. personally all the emo characters make me cringe.

Cinnamon Sugar
05-12-2009, 02:32 AM
obscure JRPGs are a huge thing for INFs it seems. personally all the emo characters make me cringe.

Hey! They're not emo, dammit! Sdncasdlzvndzsv :steam:

I know some JRPGs are kind of...melodramatic, but the Lunar games definitely aren't - or, at least, the English versions aren't (I don't know how different they are from the original Japanese games). One of the reasons why I love them so much is because they're so funny and light-hearted; they don't take themselves seriously at all.

By the way, sorry for going off-topic, mods.

Mace
05-12-2009, 02:44 AM
Lara Croft, Tomb Raider - INTP... is the only one I can think of, right now. :cool:

Sentura
05-12-2009, 03:11 AM
Hey! They're not emo, dammit! Sdncasdlzvndzsv :steam:

I know some JRPGs are kind of...melodramatic, but the Lunar games definitely aren't - or, at least, the English versions aren't (I don't know how different they are from the original Japanese games). One of the reasons why I love them so much is because they're so funny and light-hearted; they don't take themselves seriously at all.

By the way, sorry for going off-topic, mods.

i just checked some of the sequences out on youtube... yeah it's the same. happy cheery we-should-all-be-friends songs; a nice hippie atmosphere. classic JRPG style.

i love the japanese culture, the people and everything, but honestly, i don't understand their RPGs. rather than having an immersive world, they focus on over-the-top character (melo)drama and the one hero who has to save the princess or become a new stronger hero with the experience learned.

i could spin better stories off the top of my head than those in JRPGs, and i guarantee you they'd be written better than the politically correct emofests that are prevalent in the JRPG genre. the first and only JRPG i found worth playing was super mario rpg, and even then the story was generic.

anyone care to throw more western games into the mix? there's got to be a balance somewhere, but i'm stumped. i think i have exhausted the games i've played for actors. or well, almost:

garrett (thief): ENTP or INTP

Jeremy
05-12-2009, 06:05 AM
Let's do some..

PERSHONA 4!

MC: IXXX
Yosuke: ESTP
Chie: ISFP
Yukiko: INFJ
Teddie: ESFP
Also: Teddieous!
Rise: ENFJ
Kanji: ISTP
Naoto: ISTJ

Nanako: ISFJ
Dojima: ESTJ
Adachi: Damaged ISTJ
Izanami: Damaged INFJ

One Day
05-12-2009, 06:13 AM
What about Resident Evil? I might be way off on this so give me your input pls. :huh:

Albert Wesker: ENTJ
Jill Valentine: ISTP
Chris Redfield: ISFJ
Leon Kennedy: ??
Claire Redfield: ??
Ada Wong: INTJ

polikujm
05-12-2009, 11:36 PM
We're talking about video games! You know - Mario, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Samus, etc.

I agree, lol

Ulaes
05-15-2009, 12:26 AM
im pretty sure Lara is istp (well judging from the first movie, i dont know how different her personality is from the games, its not like she talks much)

perhaps it depends on who's playing her. a good player: she's istp and is constantly aware of her environment. bad player: she's intp and forgets that there are pirhanas in the water.

Srho
10-08-2010, 02:43 AM
Here's The World Ends with You, yes another JRPG:
Neku: INFJ- but may first appear as a T by being overtly cynical and antisocial
Shiki: ExFJ
Hanekoma: ENTP
Joshua: INTJ
Beat: ESFP
Rhyme: INFJ
Uzuki: ENTJ
Koki: ISFP

Srho
10-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Sonic characters, some of these are actually famous:
Sonic: ESTP
Tails: INFP
Knuckles: ISTJ
Amy: ESFP
Eggman: ESTJ
Shadow: INxJ
Cream: ISFJ
Big: ISFP
Espio: INTJ
Vector: ESTx
Charmy: ESFP
E-102: INFJ
E-123: ISTP
Metal Sonic: ISTP
Rouge: ENTJ
Silver: ENFP
Blaze: INTx
Eggman Nega: INTJ

Torai
10-09-2010, 04:11 PM
----ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS JRPG's----
Final Fantasy VIII (Just guesses)

Squall - INTJ
Seifer - ESTP
Rinoa - ENFP
Quistis - INFJ
Selphie - ESFP?
Zell - ENFJ?
Irvine - ENTP?

Of course, Squall continually defines himself through what other people think of him, so he might have Fe. Fe tends to have that self-consciousness. But he pushes people away so coldly that I would type him as INTJ.

Yes, I repeated this post from another video game thread. And, yes, I smoked tons of heroin and injected insane amounts of marijuana. Wait, you're supposed to do it the other way around? Oh, shi- (dies)

Enough about my drug problem and my inability to do these drugs right. Now let's type some more video game characters.

Tom
10-09-2010, 05:57 PM
----ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS JRPG's----
Final Fantasy VIII (Just guesses)

Squall - INTJ
Seifer - ESTP
Rinoa - ENFP
Quistis - INFJ
Selphie - ESFP?
Zell - ENFJ?
Irvine - ENTP?

It must be close to a decade since I played this so I may be well off...

Squall: INFJ - A lot of the arguments I see for INTJ over INFJ center on his tendency to isolate himself, but this was a result of a his emotionally traumatic childhood. And it was a protective, brooding kind of isolation, rather than an independant, emotionally indifferent one, and I'd associate that with F more than T.
Also, he was constantly analysing how his actions would be viewed by others, infact I don't remember him thinking about much besides people and relationships. And he was such a reluctant leader, seeking consensus when making a decision, as opposed to a comprehensively strategic plan (that may have been partly a game mechanic, but it didn't seem uncharacteristic).

Rinoa: I agree, probably ENFP.

Quistis: INFJ, maybe ENFJ.

Zell: I'd say he was ESFP, or possibly ENFP.

Selphie: Yeah, ESFP.

Irvine: I'm unsure about him, I've thought ESFP, ESTP, ENTP, ISFP... Don't think I'll crack him.

Seifer's another confusing one.

I might consider the other FF characters / games later.

Torai
10-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Everyone else said INTJ for Squall, so that's why I picked it. (That's my Fe for you.) I actually agree with your INFJ description more. I did explain that Squall quite possibly has Fe, the secondary trait of INFJs.

I picked ENTP for Irvine because he has some of the the social warmth you'd suggest from someone with Fe, but his mind works very objectively and logically. N is due to his philosophical mind, as hinted by his hidden discussion in FH with "the guy whose asshole levels rival even those of Squall himself".

As for Seifer:
"ESTPs are spontaneous, active folks. Like the other SPs, ESTPs get great satisfaction from acting on their impulses. Activities involving great power, speed, thrill and risk are attractive to the ESTP. Chronic stifling of these impulses makes the ESTP feel 'dead inside.'"

Do I even have to say?

Tom
10-09-2010, 08:49 PM
I could see ENTP for Irvine. I remember liking him, but nothing more specific.

ESTP did seem like the obvious choice for Seifer. But I can't imagine an ESTP being so grandiose and melodramatic, and obsessively loyal. That's what threw me. ESTP would also make sense as a counterpoint to Squall, if Squall is an INFJ.

Edit: Um, FH?

pwinzy
10-10-2010, 12:23 AM
For persona 3 I guess:

MC: IXXX
MShe: EXXX
Junpei: ESFP
Yukari: ESfJ(Sometimes she's a biyatch...)
Akihiko: ISTP
Mitsuru: INTJ
Fuuka: ISFJ
Shinjiro: ISFP (Moon arcana might confirm this...)
Ken: ISFP
Chidori: INFP (weirdo)
Takaya: INFJ maybe t (Jesus...)
Jin: INTP

Torai
10-10-2010, 02:22 AM
I could see ENTP for Irvine. I remember liking him, but nothing more specific.

ESTP did seem like the obvious choice for Seifer. But I can't imagine an ESTP being so grandiose and melodramatic, and obsessively loyal. That's what threw me. ESTP would also make sense as a counterpoint to Squall, if Squall is an INFJ.

Edit: Um, FH?

Seifer's romantic dream was influenced by the movie Laguna starred in when the gang was trying to make some money. Laguna even uses the same stance as Seifer. The Sorceress Ultimecia brainwashed him into believing that his romantic dream could be achieved through her.

FH = Fisherman's Horizon

Cybin
10-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Yuna: ISFJ
Tidus: ESFP
Rikku: ENFP
Wakka: E?T?
Lulu: IN?J (T?)
Kimhari: I??? (SFP?)
Auron: INFJ

Seymour: INTJ
Jecht: ESTP
Yunalesca: ISTJ

Torai
10-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Tidus and Yuna were right on, in my opinion.

I don't believe Auron is an F. He always reprimands Tidus for being a crybaby. He's usually detached and takes full control of any situation at hand.

Wakka may be an ESTJ/ESFJ. I don't remember him all that well.

Lulu, INFP/INTJ? She seems cold and detached on the outside, but she's pretty hot-tempered.

Rikku, also an accurate one.

Kimahri is by far the hardest one to type. He's definitely an introvert. I would believe he's a feeler, but I'd have to play the game more to see the rest of the letters.

It's been years since I played Final Fantasy X, though, so I could very well be wrong.

Torai
10-20-2010, 03:57 AM
Pikachu - INTJ

Pikachu was pretty independent at the beginning of the anime, but I think Pikachu became more of an EXFX later on... I don't remember the anime that well.

Patches
10-20-2010, 04:46 AM

Tidus and Yuna were right on, in my opinion.

I don't believe Auron is an F. He always reprimands Tidus for being a crybaby. He's usually detached and takes full control of any situation at hand.

Wakka may be an ESTJ/ESFJ. I don't remember him all that well.

Lulu, INFP/INTJ? She seems cold and detached on the outside, but she's pretty hot-tempered.

Rikku, also an accurate one.

Kimahri is by far the hardest one to type. He's definitely an introvert. I would believe he's a feeler, but I'd have to play the game more to see the rest of the letters.

It's been years since I played Final Fantasy X, though, so I could very well be wrong.

Yeah, theres no way Auron is F. I'd also say Lulu is a definite T. INTJ maybe?

Theres no a lot to go on for Kimahri, but I almost want to say ISTJ. He's I for sure, and his loyalty/guardian/protector nature screams SJ. ISTJ/ISFJ.

JFrombaugh
10-20-2010, 05:41 AM

Yuna is more of an INFJ.

Wakka I'd say is ESxP.

Torai
10-22-2010, 06:02 PM
No. Yuna is not an INFJ at all in Final Fantasy X. You see, INFJ's have this thing called a spine, which Yuna does not have.

Spines are optional in ISFJs.

Kanamori
10-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Pikachu is an ENFP, imo.

Patches
10-22-2010, 07:08 PM
No. Yuna is not an INFJ at all in Final Fantasy X. You see, INFJ's have this thing called a spine, which Yuna does not have.

...She doesn't have a spine? She's voluntarily going on a quest that involves her DYING.

Torai
10-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah, but she's an extreme people-pleaser in FFX. That's the reason I said she's spineless. She doesn't express her needs until Tidus finally convinces her to.

Yuna doesn't seem to show some INXJ traits, either. She doesn't question her mission at all. She just does it. She's very duty-oriented when you think about it.

skylights
10-25-2010, 06:30 AM
^ haha, well, i do disagree about not having a spine, but i do agree about her being an ISFJ.

yuna has a very strong sense of the part that she wants to play in things and is dedicated to the path she's set out on. she does have some questioning and sadness, but she places that as much lesser in importance than her ultimate goal. her quest seems kind of NF-y, but her father was also a high summoner, and she did not originally set out to revolutionize spira - but to provide a tangible, guaranteed period of calm for the people. that all seems very Si/Fe-like to me, and i don't really see any Ni in her, either.

agree with patches also in that i think her spine manifests in places other than confrontation. she works hard and is very dedicated, to the point of the ultimate self-sacrifice. sounds like one hell of a spine to me.

others...

Wakka: ESFJ
Lulu: INTJ
Kimahri: ISTJ
Auron: INTJ
Seymour: asshole

Patches
10-25-2010, 07:18 AM
I kinda liked Seymour.

I was always fond of villains, i suppose, though.

Srho
12-17-2010, 02:13 AM
Can anyone think of a good example of an ENFJ game protagonist?

Coke
12-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Mario - ESTP
Link - INFP
Solid Snake - ISTP
Samus - ISTP
Pacman - ESFP
Cloud Strife - ?
Master Chief - INTJ
Lara Croft - ISTP
Pikachu - ENFP
The dog from Duck Hunt - ?

Jade Curtiss
12-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Any Tales series fans here? It's a classic JRPG series with somewhat cliched but memorable characters. Here's my guesses.

Tales of Symphonia:
Lloyd Irving: ESFP
Colette Brunel: ENFP or ENFJ
Raine Sage: Some sort of NT (INTJ maybe?)
Genis Sage: ENTP?
Kratos Aurion: IxTJ
Sheena Fujibayashi: ISFP
Zelos Wilder: ESTP, possibly ENTP
Presea Combatir: ISTP
Regal Bryant: ISTJ
Mithos Yggdrasill: INFP or INFJ
Yuan: INTP, possibly ISTP

I'll take a guess at the types of the minor characters, just from the impression they leave
Magnius: ESTJ
Kvar: INTx
Rodyle: ENTP
Forcystus: ISTP
Pronyma: ESTP
Martel: INFJ, just a guess

Both Raine and Genis were tough to type. They both seem NT, especially Raine, but neither one really acts particularly extroverted or introverted. Raine appears to use Ti and Te in equal amounts, but acts like more of a Judger than a Perceiver. Genis is underdeveloped and young, making a definitive typing difficult. Colette is definitely ENFx. She acts more like a perceiver, but uses Fe much more than Ne or Fi imo, making ENFJ a possibility.

Tales of the Abyss:
Luke: ESFP
Tear: ISTJ
Jade: INTJ
Anise: ESTP with a very manipulative Fe
Guy: ESFP
Natalia: ESFJ or ENFJ, I can easily see her as either one
Ion: INFP, so so much
Asch: ENTJ?
Van: ENTJ
Arietta: ISFJ, possibly ISFP
Dist: ENTP
Legretta: xSTJ
Largo: xSTJ
Synch: ISTP

I may add more character analysis later. What do you guys think? Has anyone played Vesperia?

Srho
12-26-2010, 06:16 PM
I used to love Tales. Haven't played it in years but most of this seems right.

Random other game characters:
Spyro the Dragon: ENFP
Crash Bandicoot: ESTP
Kirby: ESFP
Mega Man: ISFJ (yes I am serious)
Zero (Mega Man): ISTP
Roll (Mega Man): ESFJ
Andrew Ryan (Bioshock): INTJ
Jack (Bioshock): ISxP
Captain Falcon: ISTJ
Joe Musashi: ISxJ

Offog
01-01-2011, 03:47 PM

Fall-From-Grace? Might be INFJ.

Sofia Lamb is an ENFJ antagonist.

KDude
01-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Not quite a protagonist, but maybe Thrall from the Warcraft series is ENFJ

skylights
01-09-2011, 05:19 AM
aerith from FFVII seemed like an ENFJ to me.

Jade Curtiss
01-10-2011, 12:24 AM
^ I've always had the impression that Aerith was ENFJ and I've never even played the game. Good example.

r0wo1
03-18-2011, 06:12 PM
The dog from Duck Hunt - ?

I can tell you exactly what the dog from Duck Hunt is. - FAGG-

I hated that stupid dog.

GetOffMyBiscuits
03-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Not quite a protagonist, but maybe Thrall from the Warcraft series is ENFJ

I agree. I always thought he was ENFJ. Such a boss. Speaking of WC Orc characters Grom Hellscream seems ESTP.

Thunderbringer
03-23-2011, 09:44 PM
I've recently taken a liking to Silent Hill and Rule of Rose. Does anyone know the types for the main characters in these games?

Elfboy
03-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Any Tales series fans here? It's a classic JRPG series with somewhat cliched but memorable characters. Here's my guesses.

Tales of Symphonia:
Lloyd Irving: ESFP
Colette Brunel: ENFP or ENFJ
Raine Sage: Some sort of NT (INTJ maybe?)
Genis Sage: ENTP?
Kratos Aurion: IxTJ
Sheena Fujibayashi: ISFP
Zelos Wilder: ESTP, possibly ENTP
Presea Combatir: ISTP
Regal Bryant: ISTJ
Mithos Yggdrasill: INFP or INFJ
Yuan: INTP, possibly ISTP

I'll take a guess at the types of the minor characters, just from the impression they leave
Magnius: ESTJ
Kvar: INTx
Rodyle: ENTP
Forcystus: ISTP
Pronyma: ESTP
Martel: INFJ, just a guess

Both Raine and Genis were tough to type. They both seem NT, especially Raine, but neither one really acts particularly extroverted or introverted. Raine appears to use Ti and Te in equal amounts, but acts like more of a Judger than a Perceiver. Genis is underdeveloped and young, making a definitive typing difficult. Colette is definitely ENFx. She acts more like a perceiver, but uses Fe much more than Ne or Fi imo, making ENFJ a possibility.

I think I've replied to this already, but I've changed a few
Lloyd: ESFP 8w7 8-7-2 (finally an 8 who's the good guy lol)
Collette: ENFJ 2w1 2-1-7
Genis: ISTJ 6w5 6-1-4
Raine: ENTJ 5w6 5-1-2 (I agree with her being hard to type because of high use of both Te and Ti)
Sheena: ESTJ 8w7 8-6-2
Zelos: ENFP 7w6 or 7w8 7-8-3 (he's really not as shallow as he pretends to be)
Presea: ISTP 5w4 5-4-8
Regal: ISTJ 1w9 1-5-2
Kratos: INTJ 5w4 5-4-8

Mithos: INFP 8w9 8-4-6 (I could also see 1w9)
Pronyma: ESTJ 3w2? (I could 2, 3, 6, or 8)
Yuan: ISTP 5w4 5-1-4
Botta: ISTJ 6w5 6-1-4
Magnius: ESTJ counter phobic 6w7 6-3-8
Rodile: ENTJ 8w7 8-5-4
Forcystus: ISFP 1w9 1-4-5
Kvar: INTJ 8w9 8-5-3

Martel: INFJ 2w1 2-1-7
Chocolat: ENFJ or ENFP 8w7 8-2-7
Marble: ISFJ 2w1 2-1-6
Kuchinawa: ISTJ counter phobic 6w5 6-1-4
Dirk: ISTP 6w5 6-1-2
Tabatha: ISFJ 2w1 2-1-4

Jade Curtiss
03-24-2011, 10:17 AM
I think I've replied to this already, but I've changed a few
Lloyd: ESFP 8w7 8-7-2 (finally an 8 who's the good guy lol)
Collette: ENFJ 2w1 2-1-7
Genis: ISTJ 6w5 6-1-4
Raine: ENTJ 5w6 5-1-2 (I agree with her being hard to type because of high use of both Te and Ti)
Sheena: ESTJ 8w7 8-6-2
Zelos: ENFP 7w6 or 7w8 7-8-3 (he's really not as shallow as he pretends to be)
Presea: ISTP 5w4 5-4-8
Regal: ISTJ 1w9 1-5-2
Kratos: INTJ 5w4 5-4-8

Mithos: INFP 8w9 8-4-6 (I could also see 1w9)
Pronyma: ESTJ 3w2? (I could 2, 3, 6, or 8)
Yuan: ISTP 5w4 5-1-4
Botta: ISTJ 6w5 6-1-4
Magnius: ESTJ counter phobic 6w7 6-3-8
Rodile: ENTJ 8w7 8-5-4
Forcystus: ISFP 1w9 1-4-5
Kvar: INTJ 8w9 8-5-3

Martel: INFJ 2w1 2-1-7
Chocolat: ENFJ or ENFP 8w7 8-2-7
Marble: ISFJ 2w1 2-1-6
Kuchinawa: ISTJ counter phobic 6w5 6-1-4
Dirk: ISTP 6w5 6-1-2
Tabatha: ISFJ 2w1 2-1-4

I agree with your MB typings with the exception of Sheena, who just doesn't seem to have very clear preferences. However, I still think she leans more towards introversion and feeling, so maybe ISFJ. As for Enneagram, Sheena is a clear 6 to me (7 wing most likely). Why would you think 8 for her? She's not at all outwardly aggressive, confident, or desirous of control. Sheena continually and carefully assesses the different desires of those groups she's associated wish to reach a cautious, reasonable decision. She feels great responsibility towards her village that protected her and often doubts herself.

5w4 for Kratos, Presea, and Yuan? I think 5w6 suits all three much better, especially Presea, who acts like an iconic example of a 5w6. 1w9 is also possible for Kratos. What connection to 4 do you see? And Mithos is definitely a 1, he reminds me of Light in several respects. I know you think many Fi-dominants/auxiliaries are actually 8s, but I think Fi is connected more to type 1 than anything (strict moral code), despite being used by perceivers. It is a judging function, and extreme FP 1's who rely heavily on their Fi could be very judgemental. ISFP is an interesting guess for Forcystus (I was thinking ISTP, but I can see the potential Fi dominance). I can definitely agree with him being a 1. Lastly, why do you think Magnius is a counterphobic 6 instead of the seemingly obvious 8? I know these types can look superficially similar, so what about him points to 6?

Illmatic
03-24-2011, 11:48 AM
ISTPs:

Kratos
Lara Croft
Solid Snake
Cloud Strife
Vincent Valentine
Auron
Drake
John Mercer

Elfboy
03-24-2011, 09:31 PM
I agree with your MB typings with the exception of Sheena, who just doesn't seem to have very clear preferences. However, I still think she leans more towards introversion and feeling, so maybe ISFJ. As for Enneagram, Sheena is a clear 6 to me (7 wing most likely). Why would you think 8 for her? She's not at all outwardly aggressive, confident, or desirous of control. Sheena continually and carefully assesses the different desires of those groups she's associated wish to reach a cautious, reasonable decision. She feels great responsibility towards her village that protected her and often doubts herself.

5w4 for Kratos, Presea, and Yuan? I think 5w6 suits all three much better, especially Presea, who acts like an iconic example of a 5w6. 1w9 is also possible for Kratos. What connection to 4 do you see? And Mithos is definitely a 1, he reminds me of Light in several respects. I know you think many Fi-dominants/auxiliaries are actually 8s, but I think Fi is connected more to type 1 than anything (strict moral code), despite being used by perceivers. It is a judging function, and extreme FP 1's who rely heavily on their Fi could be very judgemental. ISFP is an interesting guess for Forcystus (I was thinking ISTP, but I can see the potential Fi dominance). I can definitely agree with him being a 1. Lastly, why do you think Magnius is a counterphobic 6 instead of the seemingly obvious 8? I know these types can look superficially similar, so what about him points to 6?

1) agreed on Presea and Yuan
2) no, Sheena is definitely an 8 or a 1. she's very tough, spirited and "I don't need your help!" mentality. she's very choleric and strong even though she tries to be more feminine sometimes. also, she appears to have a strong connection to 2 and desires to be independent and strong. Sheena is also fairly confident, though not as confident as Lloyd. I can see her as an 8w7 or 1w2, but she is not 6 at all.
3) Magnius is a counter phobic 6 because he is subserviant and compliant. he's also very fearful and his aggression has a very personal, reactive quality to it like it's forced. 8s are strong and choleric even when they're relaxed and happy. this is not something that comes naturally to counterphobic 6s
4) I can see 1 for Mithos, but I think he's 8. he exhibits several unhealthy 8 tendencies, especially towards Martel. he has a misplaced sense of protection is very much that of an unhealthy sexual 8. I could be wrong on this though. to me, 1 and 8 seem almost like the same type and I have a hard time telling them apart.
5) I am fairly convinced Forcystus is a 1 though and either INFP, ISFP or ISTJ

Beargryllz
03-24-2011, 09:52 PM
I agree. I always thought he was ENFJ. Such a boss. Speaking of WC Orc characters Grom Hellscream seems ESTP.

Grom gave me a real ESFx vibe. Definitely one of my favorite characters in the WC universe.

Savage Idealist
03-25-2011, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Illmatic
Kratos

You mean God of War Kratos, or another Kratos from another video game?

Illmatic
03-26-2011, 05:47 AM
Yeah the God of War one.

LunaLuminosity
03-27-2011, 05:45 AM
Ratchet and Clank:

Ratchet: ESTP
Clank: ISTJ
Captain Quark: ESFP

Crash Bandicoot:
Crash: ES?P
Coco: ISTP
Cortex: average NTJ villain

There's not much to go on with a lot of the video game characters that I know...

discofunkfreak
03-27-2011, 06:11 AM
As much of a video gamer as I am, I'm only able to figure out the types of some of the Mario characters.

Mario: ENFP
Luigi: ISFJ
Daisy: ESFP
Yoshi: ISFP

Peach: ENFJ

Viridian
03-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Mario always came across to me as some sort of ISFJ... The dutiful everyman. :) You gotta be, if your love interest is kidnapped every frickin' week...

Bowser, on the other hand, gives me a major ESTP vibe - impulsive, energetic and take-charge. :yes:

Elfboy
03-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Mario always came across to me as some sort of ISFJ... The dutiful everyman. :) You gotta be, if your love interest is kidnapped every frickin' week...

Bowser, on the other hand, gives me a major ESTP vibe - impulsive, energetic and take-charge. :yes:

agreed. Luigi strikes me as ISFP

Jade Curtiss
03-27-2011, 05:17 PM
ISTPs:

Kratos
Lara Croft
Solid Snake
Cloud Strife
Vincent Valentine
Auron
Drake
John Mercer

I think Drake is probably ESTP, sadly. Kratos as well. Auron always gave me an INTJ vibe, but I haven't finished the game yet. Anyone else have an opinion on him?

1) agreed on Presea and Yuan
2) no, Sheena is definitely an 8 or a 1. she's very tough, spirited and "I don't need your help!" mentality. she's very choleric and strong even though she tries to be more feminine sometimes. also, she appears to have a strong connection to 2 and desires to be independent and strong. Sheena is also fairly confident, though not as confident as Lloyd. I can see her as an 8w7 or 1w2, but she is not 6 at all.
3) Magnius is a counter phobic 6 because he is subserviant and compliant. he's also very fearful and his aggression has a very personal, reactive quality to it like it's forced. 8s are strong and choleric even when they're relaxed and happy. this is not something that comes naturally to counterphobic 6s
4) I can see 1 for Mithos, but I think he's 8. he exhibits several unhealthy 8 tendencies, especially towards Martel. he has a misplaced sense of protection is very much that of an unhealthy sexual 8. I could be wrong on this though. to me, 1 and 8 seem almost like the same type and I have a hard time telling them apart.
5) I am fairly convinced Forcystus is a 1 though and either INFP, ISFP or ISTJ

I can agree on 1w2 for Sheena. 1, 3, and 8 can all appear similar to me in certain environments (specifically work-related) with their need to be correct, successful, and "get ahead" with sometimes workaholic tendencies. 3 and 7 I tend have the most trouble telling apart.

Elfboy
03-27-2011, 05:28 PM
I think Drake is probably ESTP, sadly. Kratos as well. Auron always gave me an INTJ vibe, but I haven't finished the game yet. Anyone else have an opinion on him?

I can agree on 1w2 for Sheena. 1, 3, and 8 can all appear similar to me in certain environments (specifically work-related) with their need to be correct, successful, and "get ahead" with sometimes workaholic tendencies. 3 and 7 I tend have the most trouble telling apart.

I have that problem too. 1s 3s and 8s all look almost identical when healthy. Lloyd for instance is quite 1-ish and Sheena is quite 8-ish.
I've changed my mind on Mithos, he's definitely 1w9 sx/sp.

Elfboy
04-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Samurai Warriors 1 and Samurai Warriors Extreme Legends
Mitsuhide: INFJ, INTJ or INFP 1w9
Kenshin: ISTJ 8w7
Hanzo: ISTJ 2w1
Yukimura: ESTJ 1w9
Oichi: ENFJ 2w1
Ranmaru: ISFJ 2w1
Magoichi: ENFP 8w7
Date: ENTJ 8w7
Shingen: ENTJ 8w7
Nobunaga: INTJ 8w9
Keiji: ESFP 8w7
Okuni: ISFP 9w8 or 7w8
Geomon: ENFJ, ESFP or ESFJ 8w7
Kunoichi: ENFP or ESFP 7w6
Noh: INTJ 8w9
Hideyoshi: ENTP 7w6
Tadakatsu: ISTJ 6w5
Yoshimoto: ENFJ 4w3
Ina: ISTJ 1w2
Nagamasa: ENFJ 2w1
Ieyasu: ENTJ 6w5

Mituhide is really hard to type between INFP, INTJ and INFJ. his Ne, Fi, Fe, Te and Ni

Thunderbringer
04-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Baten Kaitos:
Kalas: ENTP 6w7
Xelha: ENFJ 9w1
Gibari: ESFP 7w8
Lyude: INFJ 9w1
Savyna: ISTP 5w6
Mizuti: ExFP 3w2

Melodia: INTJ 4w5
Geldoblame: ENTJ 6w5
Giacomo: ESTJ 8w7
Ayme: ENTP 7w8
Folon: ISTP 6w5

Viridian
09-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie:

Banjo: ISFJ 9w1
Kazooie: ESTP 8w7?
Mumbo: ISTJ 5w6/6w5?
Gruntilda: ENTJ 8w7? (quite unsure...)
King Jingaling: IxFJ 9w1
Master Jiggywiggy: INFJ 1w9
Bottles: ISFJ 6w5? No idea...
Jamjars: xSTJ 1w2 (maybe 6w5)

Elfboy
09-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Samurai Warriors 1 and Samurai Warriors Extreme Legends
Mitsuhide: INFJ, INTJ or INFP 1w9 Sp/Sx or Sp/So
Kenshin: ISTJ 8w7 So/Sp
Hanzo: ISTJ 2w1 So/Sp
Yukimura: ESTJ 1w9 So/Sx
Oichi: ENFJ 2w1 So/Sx
Ranmaru: ISFJ 2w1 So/Sx
Magoichi: ENFP 7w8 Sx/Sp
Date: ENTJ 8w7 no idea what his instinct variant is
Shingen: ENTJ 8w9 So/Sx
Nobunaga: INTJ 8w9 Sp/Sx
Keiji: ESFP 7w8 So/Sx
Okuni: ISFP 9w8 or 9w1 Sx/Sp
Geomon: ENFJ, ESFP or ESFJ 8w7
Kunoichi: ENFP or ESFP 7w6 So/Sx
Noh: INTJ 8w9 Sp/Sx
Hideyoshi: ENTP 7w6 So/Sx
Tadakatsu: ISTJ 6w5 or 8w9 Sp/So
Yoshimoto: ENFJ 2w3 So/Sx
Ina: ISTJ 1w2 Sp/So
Nagamasa: ENFJ 2w1 Sx/So
Ieyasu: ENTJ 6w5 Sp/So

Mituhide is really hard to type between INFP, INTJ and INFJ. his Ne, Fi, Fe, Te and Ni
Edit: added instinct variants and changed a few. this was supposed to be an edit, but I accidently clicked "reply with quote", so here you go :D

Jade Curtiss
10-19-2011, 11:03 AM
9 Persons, 9 Hours, 9 Doors - Visual Novel for DS
Ace: INTJ 3w?-8w9-5w6 so/sp
Snake: INTP 5w4-9w1-3w4 sp/sx
Santa: ESTP 7w8-8w7-3w4 sx/sp
Clover: ESFP 7w8?-4w3-8w7 sx/so
Junpei: ESTP 8w7 or 6(w either wing)-2w1 sp/so
June/Akane: INFP 9w1-6w5-2w1 so/sx
Seven: ESTP? 7w8-2w1-8w7? So/sp
Lotus: ESTP 3w4-8w7-7w6 sp/sx
Kubota/9th Man: ISTJ? 6w5 sp/so

Interestingly, the game's director, Kotaro Uchikoshi, stated in an interview that he drew inspiration from the Enneagram in creating the 9 central characters. According to him, he roughly matched each character to a certain enneatype:

Achiever (3): Ace
Investigator (5): Snake
Enthusiast (7): Santa
Loyalist (6): Clover
Challenger (8): Junpei
Peacemaker (9): June
Helper (2): Seven
Individualist (4): Lotus
Reformer (1): The 9th Man

Thunderbringer
10-19-2011, 04:34 PM
^ I love that game! The story is just so compelling ad I absolutely adored the characters. I even created a topic for the game about a year ago, but only 1 other member took interest in it.

Anyway, I agree with what you have for the most part. From an interview a while back, the creator didn't really seem to have an understanding of the enneagram, and it shows with the characters. However, I still think that the characters fit the true enneatypes he gave them, barring Seven and the 9th Man, which I agree on your typings on them.

Ace: 3w4 sp/so - Ace wasn't interested in seeking to impress others and everything he did was solely for himself. He used people to achieve his ideals and easily turned on them for convenience sake.

Clover: 6w7 - Clover is a 6. She was loyal to Snake and extremely clingy to him. When he disappeared, she became very anxious about his whereabouts and totally did a 180, becoming snappy and short-tempered. A 7 would've at least tried to let go of that pain and stayed positive, but Clover pretty much just wallowed in despair.

Junpei: ENTP 8w9 - Junpei was extremely clever and quick to make jokes about some off the wall things (Funyarinpa?). He also wasn't as much of a douchebag as most T 8w7's are and liked to console a lot of people throughout the game.

June: sx/so - Her entire character development was about "merging" with Junpei.

Seven: ESFP - He's more people-oriented than goal-oriented, though that could be because he's so-dom.

Lotus: 4w3 - Lotus was much too histrionic and dramatic to be a 3. From the way she dressed to the things she did, Lotus always had this "flair" about her that would've been more under the surface if she were a 3. Not only that, but compared to Ace, Lotus was much too "independent", for lack of a better word, to be a 3. She didn't trick, deceive, or manipulate people as much as Ace did and always said what was on her mind. Also, she had several self-defeatist moments, such as behind door 2 and at the final level, stemming from thinking that everyone disliked her.

Camelotlord
12-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Gary Oak ENTJ (Pokemon)
Mario ESFJ
Yoshi ISFP
Luigi ISFP
Daisy ESFJ
Wario ESTP
Link ISFP
Zelda INFJ
Diddy Kong ISFP
Dr Robotnik ENTP
Sonic ESTP
Knuckles ISTP
Tails INTP
Cash Bandicoot ESTP
Spyro ISFP
Dontello INTP (TMNT)
Raphael ISTP
Leonardo ISTJ
Michaelangelo ESFP
Jin Kazama INFJ (Tekkan)
Kazuya ISTP
Paul Phoenix- ESTP
Heihachi Mishima ENTJ
Yoshimitsu INTJ
Ryu ISTP (SF)
KEN ESTP (SF)
M.Bison ENTJ
Liu Kang INFJ (MK)
Raiden ENTJ
Scorpio INTJ
Sub Zero INTP
Jackie Chan ISTP (Jackie Chan adventures)

Thunderbringer
01-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Since Soul Calibur V is coming out at the end of this month, I've decided to type all the characters in the series (particularly because of those that got shafted):

Siegfried - INFJ 6w5 sp/so
Nightmare - ISTJ 8w7 sp/sx
Zasalamel - INTJ 5w6 sp/so
Tira - ESTP 7w6 sx/sp
Hilde - ISTJ 1w2 so/sx
Sophitia - INFJ 2w1 so/sx
Cassandra - ESTP 7w8 sx/sp
Taki - ISTJ 1w2 so/sx
Mitsurugi - ESTP 3w2 sp/sx
Setsuka - ISTP 8w9 sx/sp
Xianghua - ESFP 7w6 sx/so
Kilik - INFP 9w1 so/sp
Maxi - ESTP 7w8 so/sx
Astaroth - ISTP - 8w7 sp/sx
Cervantes - ESTJ 8w7 sp/sx
Ivy - ISTJ 3w4 sp/sx
Seong Mi Na - ESFP 7w6 sx/so
Yun Seong - ESTP 7w8 sx/so
Hwang - ISTJ 1w2 so/sp
Talim - INFP 9w1 so/sp
Raphael - INTJ 5w6 sx/sp
Amy - INTP 5w4 sp/sx
Voldo - ISTJ 6w5 sp/sx
Rock - ESFP 9w8 sx/so
Aeon - ESTP 6w7 sp/sx
Yoshimitsu - ENFJ 6w7 so/sx
Dampierre - ENTP 7w6 sp/so
Edge Master - INTJ 1w9 sp/so
Olcadan - ESTP 7w8 sx/so
Algol - INTJ 5w6 sp/sx

Patroklos - ESTJ 1w2 sx/so
Pyrrha - INFP 6w7 sp/so
Natsu - ISTP 6w7 sx/sp
Leixia - ENFP 7w6 sx/so
Xiba - ESFP 7w6 sp/so
Viola - INTJ 5w4 sp/so
ZWEI - ISTP 9w1 so/sp
Yoshimitsu II - ISTJ 1w2 sx/so

Elfboy
01-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Gary Oak ENTJ (Pokemon)
yes

Mario ESFJ
I thought ESFP, but that's possible

Yoshi ISFP
I think so

Luigi ISFP
possibly

Daisy ESFJ
yes

Wario ESTP
yes

Link ISFP
definitely

Zelda INFJ
yes

Dr Robotnik ENTP
or INTP, I can't tell which

Sonic ESTP
possibly ESFP, but I'm also leaning ESTP

Knuckles ISTP
yes

Tails INTP
INFP or ENFP

Dontello INTP (TMNT)
Raphael ISTP
Leonardo ISTJ
Michaelangelo ESFP
I think Leonardo is an extrovert, but basically I agree with these

Jackie Chan ISTP (Jackie Chan adventures)
ISFJ

Lexus
01-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Makarov from Modern Warfare 3, what is he.

I suspect INTJ, but I'm no good with these things.

The Ü™
01-05-2012, 04:48 PM
A non-comprehensive list of random video game characters on the top of my head:

Gordon Freeman: depends who's playing him.
Pac-Man: ISFP (probably with strong Ni); no other type would go around consuming every white pill he could find.
The Cyberdemon: ENTJ (just because)
Andrew Ryan: INTJ
Princess Peach: the kind of ESFJ that any sane person should kill.
The ball in Pong: ISFJ

Viridian
02-25-2012, 09:50 PM
9 Persons, 9 Hours, 9 Doors - Visual Novel for DS
Ace: INTJ 3w?-8w9-5w6 so/sp
Snake: INTP 5w4-9w1-3w4 sp/sx
Santa: ESTP 7w8-8w7-3w4 sx/sp
Clover: ESFP 7w8?-4w3-8w7 sx/so
Junpei: ESTP 8w7 or 6(w either wing)-2w1 sp/so
June/Akane: INFP 9w1-6w5-2w1 so/sx
Seven: ESTP? 7w8-2w1-8w7? So/sp
Lotus: ESTP 3w4-8w7-7w6 sp/sx
Kubota/9th Man: ISTJ? 6w5 sp/so

Interestingly, the game's director, Kotaro Uchikoshi, stated in an interview that he drew inspiration from the Enneagram in creating the 9 central characters. According to him, he roughly matched each character to a certain enneatype:

Achiever (3): Ace
Investigator (5): Snake
Enthusiast (7): Santa
Loyalist (6): Clover
Challenger (8): Junpei
Peacemaker (9): June
Helper (2): Seven
Individualist (4): Lotus
Reformer (1): The 9th Man

^ I love that game! The story is just so compelling ad I absolutely adored the characters. I even created a topic for the game about a year ago, but only 1 other member took interest in it.

Anyway, I agree with what you have for the most part. From an interview a while back, the creator didn't really seem to have an understanding of the enneagram, and it shows with the characters. However, I still think that the characters fit the true enneatypes he gave them, barring Seven and the 9th Man, which I agree on your typings on them.

Ace: 3w4 sp/so - Ace wasn't interested in seeking to impress others and everything he did was solely for himself. He used people to achieve his ideals and easily turned on them for convenience sake.

Clover: 6w7 - Clover is a 6. She was loyal to Snake and extremely clingy to him. When he disappeared, she became very anxious about his whereabouts and totally did a 180, becoming snappy and short-tempered. A 7 would've at least tried to let go of that pain and stayed positive, but Clover pretty much just wallowed in despair.

Junpei: ENTP 8w9 - Junpei was extremely clever and quick to make jokes about some off the wall things (Funyarinpa?). He also wasn't as much of a douchebag as most T 8w7's are and liked to console a lot of people throughout the game.

June: sx/so - Her entire character development was about "merging" with Junpei.

Seven: ESFP - He's more people-oriented than goal-oriented, though that could be because he's so-dom.

Lotus: 4w3 - Lotus was much too histrionic and dramatic to be a 3. From the way she dressed to the things she did, Lotus always had this "flair" about her that would've been more under the surface if she were a 3. Not only that, but compared to Ace, Lotus was much too "independent", for lack of a better word, to be a 3. She didn't trick, deceive, or manipulate people as much as Ace did and always said what was on her mind. Also, she had several self-defeatist moments, such as behind door 2 and at the final level, stemming from thinking that everyone disliked her.

I just finished watching a playthrough of the game. Mind if I share my thoughts?

- Ace: I think xNTJ, though he's pretty damn good at sounding affable when he needs to. I'm split between 8w9 and 3w4 - could make an argument for either.
- Snake: INFJ 5w4, methinks. He's quite refined and intellectual, as well as emotionally detached for the most part.
- Santa: xSTP 7w8. He's quick to snark, but also independent and aloof.
- Clover: xSFP. She clamps herself steadfastly when stressed, which makes me question her extroversion. Could see either 4w3 or 6w7 for her, though I tend towards the latter .
- Junpei: ENTP or ENFP - his constant punning and general randomness of thought seem to point towards Ne-dom. I could also see him as a counterphobic 6w7 or an 8 integrated towards 2.
- June: INFx 9w1, I think. Though I'm unsure how much of it [was an act]...
- Seven: I think ESFJ or ISFJ could work. I also think 6w7 fits him - he's the one who comes up with several precautionary measures (the code names, putting things in doorways) and often cracks jokes to ease tension, despite being very alert to the current situation and what's necessary to do.
- Lotus: ENTJ or ESTP 8w9? She is quite eager to express disapproval and serve as the "commander" of the crew (like in the hospital room), but also has problems with apathy and complacency (e.g. during the search for Snake). She's also quick to anger and very opinionated ("No way I'm going with the Elephant Man! :ng_mad:").
- Ninth Man: ISTJ 6w5. Loyal, prone to panicking, known to be an adroit engineer.

...Yeah, not too helpful. :(

Cloud of Thunder
02-26-2012, 08:50 PM
I think The Legend of Zelda might be the most INFJ-friendly game in existence. Link, Zelda, that boat and that giant tree from Wind Waker...

Cloud of Thunder
02-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Speaking of INFJ video game characters, how about Amaterasu from Okami?

Hazashin
02-26-2012, 09:06 PM
I think The Legend of Zelda might be the most INFJ-friendly game in existence. Link, Zelda, that boat and that giant tree from Wind Waker...

Well, Zelda and the Great Deku Tree are INFJs, but the boat is ISTJ and Link is ISFP.

Jade Curtiss
02-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Speaking of INFJ video game characters, how about Amaterasu from Okami?

Yeah Ami gives off an INFJ vibe despite never speaking.
Issun: ENTP 7
Susanoo: EStP 7w8 so/sx
Oki: xStP? 3w4 sx/so
Ushiwakka: Also seems ENTP and 7ish. 3w4/4w3 also possible. sx/sp

Jaqcues Le Paul
03-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Catherine

Catherine - ENFJ
Katherine - ESTJ
Boss - ENTJ

Grizzly On The Loose
03-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Max Payne:

Max Payne - INFJ
Mona Sax - ISTP
Alfred Woden and Nicole Horne are stereotypical INTJ's
Vladimir Lem - ENTJ
Vinnie Gognitti - ENTP
Jim Bravura - ESTJ
Jack Lupino - LOON

Komakino
03-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Heavy Rain:

Ethan Mars - ISFJ
Scott Shelby - Maybe INF
Norman Jayden - ISTP
Madison Paige - ESFJ

Totally unsure of these, especially the last one.

Thunderbringer
03-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Heavy Rain:

Ethan Mars - ISFJ
Scott Shelby - Maybe INF
Norman Jayden - ISTP
Madison Paige - ESFJ

Totally unsure of these, especially the last one.

I agree with your typings on all of them.

Ethan - ISFJ 6w7 sp/sx
Madison - ESFJ 2w1 sx/so
Jayden - ISTP 6w5 sp/so
Shelby - INFP 4w5 sp/so
Lauren - ISFP 9w8 sp/sx
Blake - ESTJ 8w7 so/sp

BlackCat
03-07-2012, 03:36 PM
A few quick opinions-

Sonic- ESFP
Tails- INTP
Knuckles- ISTJ
Robotnik- ENTP

I don't think it's possible to type most Nintendo characters... they just really don't have a personality.

Komakino
03-07-2012, 10:40 PM
I agree with your typings on all of them.

Ethan - ISFJ 6w7 sp/sx
Madison - ESFJ 2w1 sx/so
Jayden - ISTP 6w5 sp/so
Shelby - INFP 4w5 sp/so
Lauren - ISFP 9w8 sp/sx
Blake - ESTJ 8w7 so/sp

I agree with your clarifications. I had doubts about committing to INFP for Shelby, I'd imagine sp/so INFPs are most easily mistaken for INFJs.

Also wasn't sure if Blake was J or P. J sounds good.

Thunderbringer
03-08-2012, 05:06 AM
I agree with your clarifications. I had doubts about committing to INFP for Shelby, I'd imagine sp/so INFPs are most easily mistaken for INFJs.

Also wasn't sure if Blake was J or P. J sounds good.

Shelby was tough to type, but looking solely at functions, his entire character was based around his personal morals and ethics, not to mention how clever he was.

UniqueMixture
03-08-2012, 05:21 AM
If I had to guess

Mario - esfj
Link - infp?
Solid Snake - istj
Sonic the Hedgehog - no clue
Samus - no clue
Pacman - no clue
Cloud Strife - enfp
Master Chief - istp
Lara Croft - istp
Pikachu - isfp
The dog from Duck Hunt- istp

Hazashin
03-15-2012, 02:31 AM
If I had to guess
Mario - esfj

Yep, ESFJ 2w1 So/Sx

Link - infp?

Possibly, although probably more likely an ISFP (6w5 Sx/Sp)

Solid Snake - istj

I guess, I haven't really played the Metal Gear series.

Sonic the Hedgehog - no clue

ESTP 7w8 Sx/So, I'd say.

Samus - no clue

ISTP 6w5 Sp/Sx

Pacman - no clue
Cloud Strife - enfp
Master Chief - istp
Lara Croft - istp

Not sure.

Pikachu - isfp

Probably, and probably also 6w7 Sx/So.

The dog from Duck Hunt- istp

No idea.

Komakino
03-16-2012, 01:05 PM
My guesses for Bioshock:

Andrew Ryan: INTJ 54 sp/sx
Brigid Tenenbaum: One of those characters that seem both INTP and INFJ, 56 sp/sx
Frank Fontaine: ESTP 87 so/sx
Sander Cohen: ENFP 43 sx/sp
J.S. Steinman: ENTP 54 sx/so
Yi Suchong: INTP 56 sp/so
Bill McDonagh: ISTJ 65 sp/so
Diane McClintock: ISFP 23 sp/sx

And the sequel:

Sofia Lamb: ENFJ 34 so/sp
Augustus Sinclair: ESTP 78 so/sx
Gilbert Alexander: ENTP 76 sx/so

Those are the ones that come to mind.

I'm pretty unsure of these; specific characters, and the subtypes in general. Its been a long time since I played either game, so I'm probably filling in significant holes with guesswork and personal biases.

Viridian
04-05-2012, 04:43 AM
Trauma Team:

CR-S01: INFJ 5w6 Sp/So, I think. Could also be an INTJ and/or a 1w9... :thinking:
Gabriel "Gabe" Cunningham: ISTP 6w5 So/Sp
Maria Torres: ESTP 8w7 Sp/So
Hank Freebird: ESFJ 2w1 So/Sx
Naomi Kimishima: IxTJ 1w9 Sp/Sx (could be Sp/So)
Tomoe Tachibana: ISFJ 9w1 Sp/So
Esha Patel: ExFJ 3w2 So/Sp
Jacob Tillman: ESTJ 8w9 So/Sp

RaptorWizard
04-05-2012, 05:27 AM
Ti dominant characters:
shadow the hedgehog = intp
sonic the hedgehog = istp
ash from pokemon = istp
gary from pokemon = istp
professor oak from pokemon = intp
Lan from megaman = istp
chaud from megaman = intp
yugi from yugioh = istp
kaiba from yugioh = intp
yami bakura from yugioh = intp
dark magician from yugioh = intp
gandalf from lotr = intp
aragorn from lotr = istp
legolas from lotr = istp
player from fable = istp
garth from fable = intp
player from jade empire = istp
revan from star wars = intp
nihilus from star wars = intp
yoda from star wars = intp
jolee from star wars = intp
anakin from star wars = istp
darth maul from star wars = istp
boba/jango fett from star wars = istp
han solo from star wars = istp

Savage Idealist
04-05-2012, 05:46 AM
Ti dominant characters:

Some mistakes:

ESTP

ash from pokemon = istp

ENFJ, for some sort of ExFx, but certainly not Ti dom

yugi from yugioh = istp

You mean wimpy Yugi or his alter ego Yami? Former is IxFP, not actually sure on the latter.

kaiba from yugioh = intp

INTJ, or possibly ENTJ

yoda from star wars = intp

INFJ

ISFP

darth maul from star wars = istp

ISTJ

The rest should be about right and/or I don't know the characters enough to say otherwise.

KDude
04-05-2012, 05:55 AM
how are you typing fable and kotor characters? the choices are open ended.

RaptorWizard
04-05-2012, 04:11 PM
how are you typing fable and kotor characters? the choices are open ended.

I can understand with Fable being any type, but I said ISTP because of the whole action/adventure loving heroic risk taker who never talks position fits ISTP quite well. Revan however is INTP (or ISTP) because his personality is written in stone into the star wars universe, like for example if you look him up on wookiepedia (the star wars wiki) you find a full in-depth personality profile. In kotor, the only way it is open ended is you choose your moral alignment and skill.

I also forgot Tails from sonic the hedgehog. Tails is INTP (or ISTP)

Elfboy
04-06-2012, 12:03 AM
you're insane XD

Ti dominant characters:
shadow the hedgehog = intp
INTJ 8w9 Sx/Sp

ESTP 7w8 So/Sx

ash from pokemon = istp
ESFP 3w2 So/Sx

gary from pokemon = istp
E?TJ 3w2 So/Sx

yugi from yugioh = istp
NOOO lol wimpy Yugi is ISFJ 6w7 So/Sx; Pharaoh is ENFJ 8w9 So/Sx

kaiba from yugioh = intp
INTJ 8w7 Sp/Sx

yami bakura from yugioh = intp
probably not. he's probably INTJ 8w7 Sp/So

dark magician from yugioh = intp
??? though Mahad (the real dark magician) is some sort of xxFJ 1w2 So/Sx

gandalf from lotr = intp
INTJ 8w9 So/Sx

aragorn from lotr = istp
this one is possible, but I think he's INFJ 8w9 Sx/Sp

Legolas from lotr = istp
again possible, 1w9 Sp/Sx

ENFP 8w7 Sx/Sp

Sol_
04-08-2012, 05:51 PM
lol, ok

Mass Effect
there are good facial graphics and relief characters, so some thoughts

Shepard (man) - ESTP
Liara T'Soni - ENFJ
Ashley Williams - ESFJ
Miranda Lawson - ISFP
Garrus Vakarian - ENTP
David Anderson - ESFP
Donnel Udina - ENFJ
Jack - ESTP
Mordin Solus - INTJ
Kelly Chambers - ENTP
The Illusive Man - ENFJ
James Vega - INFP
Diana Allers - ISFP
Samantha Traynor - INFP
Jacob Taylor - ESFJ
Shadow Broker - ESTP
Kaidan Alenko - ISTJ

P.S. who is who you may look at masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Characters

Cloud of Thunder
06-26-2012, 03:47 AM
Meta Knight from the Kirby series must be a Sp 4w3.

Planetary Walker
06-26-2012, 03:51 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2750/237218-sdf.jpg

Daniel Fortesque - ISFP, 9w8?

Viridian
07-04-2012, 03:07 PM
I'll try the Ever17 characters! (Some spoilers here...)

You Tanaka: ESFJ 6w7 or 7w6 So/Sx ([Yubiseiharukana, that is - Yubiseiakikana is likely ENTP, based on her skeptic streak... And I could also see 6w7 for her.])
Tsugumi Komachi: INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
Sora Akanegasaki: ISFJ 1w2 Sp/So
Sara Matsunaga: INFP 4w5 Sp/Sx
Coco Yagami: ENFP 7w6 So/Sx (or maybe Sx/So?)
Takeshi Kuranari: ESFP 6w7 So/Sx or Sx/So
The Kid: [Ryogo Kaburaki is likely ISFP 9w1 Sp/So or So/Sp; Hokuto is ISFP 9w1 Sx/Sp, I think.]

Suffice to say, it's a weird game. o.o

Viridian
11-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Dangan Ronpa typings!

Makoto Naegi - ISFJ 6w7 Sp/So
Kyouko Kirigiri - ISTJ or INTJ 5w6 So/Sp (could be Sp/So)
Kiyotaka Ishimaru - ESTJ 1w2 So/Sx
Chihiro Fujisaki - INFP or INFJ 9w1 Sp/So
Aoi Asahina - ENFJ 2w3 So/Sx
Sayaka Maizono - ESFJ 2w3 or 3w2 So/Sx
Byakuya Togami - INTJ (or ISTJ) 3w4 Sp/So
Junko Enoshima - ENFP 4w3 Sx/So
Hifumi Yamada - ENTP 6w7 Sp/Sx? (Hard to tell...)
Leon Kuwata - ESFP 7w6 Sp/So
Celestia Ludenberg - INFJ 3w4 Sp/So
Mondo Oowada - ESTP 6w7 Sx/So (cp)
Sakura Oogami - ISFJ 1w9 Sp/Sx
Touko Fukawa - INFJ 4w5 Sp/Sx
Yasuhiro Hagakure - ENTP 7w6 Sp/So

Viridian
01-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Remember11:

Kokoro Fuyukawa - ExFJ 2w1 or 6w7 So/Sx
Satoru Yukidoh - INTJ 5w6 (or possibly 6w5) Sp/Sx
Lin Mayuzumi - ExFP (wearing ExTJ mask) 3w4 Sp/Sx
Seiji Yomogi - ISTP 9w8 Sp/So or ISFJ 9w1 Sp/So (kinda hard to tell)
Yuni Kusuda - ENTP 7w6 So/Sx
Kali Utsumi - xSFJ 2w1 Sp/So or Sp/Sx
Hotori Suzukage - [Hotori is IxFx 9w1 Sp/So; Inubushi is likely an xNFP 7w[?] Sx/So]
[Naoya Enomoto - IxTJ 1w9 or 5w6 Sp/So]

segovois
01-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Street Figter :

Ryu : ISTJ
Ken : ESFP
Honda : ISFJ
Guile : ESTP
Chun Li : INTJ
Dalshim : INFJ
Blanka : ISTP
Zanglief : ESFJ
Cammy : ESTJ
Balrog : ISTP
Vega : ENFP
Sagat : ISTJ
Bison : ENTJ

Viridian
02-07-2013, 05:13 AM
Virtue's Last Reward:

Sigma - ESTP 7w6 (Sp/So?)
Phi - IxTJ 5w6 Sp/Sx
Tenmyouji - ESTJ 6 Sx/Sp persona (probably ENxP in reality, considering his demeanor in the last game and the sheer trauma he went through)
Quark - No clue, to be honest...
Dio - ExFP 7w8 So/Sp
Luna - ISFJ 9w1 Sp/(So?)
Alice - xSTP 6w5 Sp/So
Clover - ESFP 6w7 Sx/Sp
K - INTP 9w1 or 5w6 Sp/So

RaptorWizard
02-07-2013, 06:12 AM
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic character typings (hypothetical):

Revan - INTJ(?) 5w6(?)
Jolee Bindo - INTP 5w4
Darth Traya (Kreia) - INTJ 5w4