PDA

View Full Version : Match the type with the disorder

NewEra
03-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Now I know there are not any disorders which correlate to specific MBTI types, but this should be a fun game... say which type correlates BEST to the disorder.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

Anti-Social Personality Disorder?

Avoidant Personality Disorder?

Paranoid Personality Disorder?

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder?

Schizoid Personality Disorder?

Also...

ADHD?

Lady_X
03-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Narcissistic Personality Disorder? ENTJ, ENTP, ESTJ

Anti-Social Personality Disorder? INTJ

Avoidant Personality Disorder? INTP

Paranoid Personality Disorder? ENFP

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder? ISTJ, ISTP

Schizoid Personality Disorder? INTP

Also...

ADHD? ENFP

just silly guesses

Antisocial one
03-21-2009, 04:59 PM

What makes you say that ?

Lady_X
03-21-2009, 05:06 PM
I wonder why you make this assumption?
this...

just silly guesses

Qre:us
03-21-2009, 05:10 PM

I wonder why you make this assumption?

The INTJ personality type is very unlikely for ASPD. I'd go more with ENTP or ESTP or even, ENFP, or ESFP, heck, even ENTJ or ESTJ.*

I'd go with INTJ or INFJ for OCD.

Individuals with anti-social personality disorders are anything but *anti* *social*...they're actually quite charming, and often on the look out to 'interact' with others (to use them) and are quite impulsive [not contingency planning like INTJ] who hate boredom.

* if we're to go by type descriptions, and just extrapolate....cuz in reality, anyone with a disordered personality can't really be tested for a type (too much noise)

Negative_
03-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Guesses:

ESTP
INFx
ISTJ
INTP

Lady_X
03-21-2009, 05:13 PM
The INTJ personality type is very unlikely for ASPD. I'd go more with ENTP or ESTP or even, ENFP, or ESFP, heck, even ENTJ or ESTJ.*

I'd go with INTJ or INFJ for OCD.

Individuals with anti-social personality disorders are anything but *anti* *social*...they're actually quite charming, and often on the look out to 'interact' with others (to use them) and are quite impulsive [not contingency planning like INTJ] who hate boredom.

* if we're to go by type descriptions, and just extrapolate....cuz in reality, anyone with a disordered personality can't really be tested for a type (too much noise)

oh yeah...interesting.

Shaula
03-21-2009, 05:20 PM
You forgot Schizotypal, Borderline, Histrionic, and Dependent Personality Disorder.

Qre:us
03-21-2009, 05:20 PM
oh yeah...interesting.

Yeah, at their extremes, they're the sociopaths, and the psychopaths. And, when they're kids, they'll most likely exhibit conduct disorder.

One we were profiling with my prof., who exhibited conduct disorder was the gregarious 'gang' leader of the neighbourhood kids, who...tied the tails of two cats together, and flung them over a clothesline, just to see how crazy the cats would get, trying to get free, and scratch each other to death in the process. Apparently,he laughed throughout the whole story. :shock:

...he def. was not the quiet, brooding, sullen type....that's for sure.

Antisocial one
03-21-2009, 05:24 PM
just silly guesses

I know that is is silly guess. But there must be something why you have chosen this type. The thing is that this disorder is not about being lonely wolf.

This is generalization

Narcissistic Personality Disorder? ETs

Anti-Social Personality Disorder? Any type

Avoidant Personality Disorder? IPs

Paranoid Personality Disorder? FPs

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder? TJs

Schizoid Personality Disorder? INs

ADHD? ENs.

Schizotypal Personality Disorder Ns

Borderline Personality Disorder SFs

Histrionic Personality Disorder EFs

Dependent Personality Disorder FPs

VagrantFarce
03-21-2009, 06:42 PM
* Paranoid personality disorder: (INXX) characterized by irrational suspicions and mistrust of others
* Schizoid personality disorder: (INTX) lack of interest in social relationships, seeing no point in sharing time with others
* Schizotypal personality disorder: (INXJ) also avoids social relationships, though out of a fear of people

* Antisocial personality disorder: (XSTP) "pervasive disregard for the law and the rights of others."
* Borderline personality disorder: (IXTJ) extreme "black and white" thinking, instability in relationships, self-image, identity and behavior
* Histrionic personality disorder: (EXFP) "pervasive attention-seeking behavior including inappropriate sexual seductiveness and shallow or exaggerated emotions"
* Narcissistic personality disorder: (ENTX) "a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and a lack of empathy"

* Avoidant personality disorder: (IXFX) social inhibition, feelings of inadequacy, extreme sensitivity to negative evaluation and avoidance of social interaction
* Dependent personality disorder: (EXFJ) pervasive psychological dependence on other people.
* Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (XSTJ) (not the same as obsessive-compulsive disorder): characterized by rigid conformity to rules, moral codes, and excessive orderliness

[edit] PTypes - Correspondence of PTypes, Keirsey, Enneagram, Psychiatric, and Astrological Types (http://ptypes.com/correspondence.html) <-- interesting site regarding mbti, enneagram and personality disorders

Cronkle
03-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Just highlights the absurdity of categorization of some of these things.

INTJMom
03-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Now I know there are not any disorders which correlate to specific MBTI types, but this should be a fun game... say which type correlates BEST to the disorder.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder? - INTP

Anti-Social Personality Disorder? - INTJ

Avoidant Personality Disorder? - INTJ

Paranoid Personality Disorder? - INTP

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder? - INTJ

Schizoid Personality Disorder? - ESFP

Also...

ADHD - ENTP

:smile:
Any perceived similarities to actual persons on this forum are merely coincidental and the product of a feverish imagination.

INTJMom
03-21-2009, 11:14 PM

What makes you say that ?
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg311/ddhockey/smilies/teehee.gif

Isn't that kind of an ironic question considering your username and type?

NewEra
03-21-2009, 11:57 PM

Haha so true.

ThatsWhatHeSaid
03-21-2009, 11:58 PM

ESTP; ENTJ

ESTP; ENTJ

INTJ; INTP

INTP

INTJ

INTJ

ADHD?

ENTP, ESFP

NewEra
03-22-2009, 01:37 AM
My turn...

Narcissistic Personality Disorder? - ESFP

Anti-Social Personality Disorder? - ENTP

Avoidant Personality Disorder? - INFP

Paranoid Personality Disorder? - INTJ

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder? - ISTJ

Schizoid Personality Disorder? - INTP

Also...

ADHD? - ENFP, ENTP

How come (for both these)??

INTJMom
03-22-2009, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by INTJMom http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-enneagram-other-personality-matrices/15078-match-type-disorder.html#post584059)
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTJMom http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-enneagram-other-personality-matrices/15078-match-type-disorder.html#post584059)

How come (for both these)??

As an INTJ, I was very anti-social, and a lot of the INTJs on the INTJ forum have voiced something similar.

The ESFP that was just a wild guess. Seems like a wild personality all over the place. It wasn't very scientific. xSFP has the capability of morphing.

Lady_X
03-22-2009, 02:29 AM

it kinda was but...i misunderstood the disorder i guess.

Thursday
03-22-2009, 02:29 AM
game over:coffee:
Oldham's Personality Styles (http://www.geocities.com/lifexplore/oldham.htm)

polikujm
03-22-2009, 03:11 AM

The game has been over for years. This is too far of a generalization.

callmemigs
03-22-2009, 03:32 AM
These disorders can apply to any individual regardless of their MBTI.

NPD, ASPD, PPD and SPD are related to each other.

Thursday
03-22-2009, 03:46 AM
he stated that it was a game - no matter how bad of a game it is

callmemigs
03-22-2009, 03:47 AM

I never said it was bad.

NewEra
03-22-2009, 03:48 AM

Funny thing is at different times, I feel all like all of those disorders.

These disorders can apply to any individual regardless of their MBTI.

NPD, ASPD, PPD and SPD are related to each other. To the OP, I guess you have to define these disorders into one, sweeping personality disorder?

I know it can't correlate to a specific MBTI type, I said that in the first post. This is just in general.

polikujm
03-22-2009, 04:08 AM

Life's not a bad game?

Thursday
03-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Life's not a bad game?

No - it is the best game ever
because if you play to win, you lose

wildcat
03-22-2009, 10:48 AM
The game has been over for years. This is too far of a generalization.
Generalization is all we have.

Antisocial one
03-22-2009, 01:40 PM

That is exactly why I asked.

it kinda was but...i misunderstood the disorder i guess.

What people usually call Anti-social is actually schizoid personality disorder.

While Anti-social personality disorder means a lack of concern/empathy toward others and everything that comes with that.

Orobas
03-22-2009, 02:23 PM
NPD=ENTP that's really fucked up

Thursday
03-22-2009, 07:47 PM
NPD=ENTP that's really fucked up

its more like copensatory narcissisum
ESTP is the regular narcissisum

Halla74
03-22-2009, 09:45 PM

Also...

ADHD?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder? ENTP, ESTP

Anti-Social Personality Disorder? INFJ, INTJ

Avoidant Personality Disorder? INFJ, INTJ

Paranoid Personality Disorder? INFJ, INTJ

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder? ESTP, ESFP, ENTJ, ESTJ

There are only a handful of people whose tyes I know 100% for sure, and I don't dish out assumptions because that is not my style, so although my set of answers is MBTI limited, I have full faith in my responses. :D

Schizoid Personality Disorder? ????

Also...

ADHD? ESTP, ENTJ

There are only

Halla74
03-22-2009, 09:46 PM
its more like copensatory narcissisum
ESTP is the regular narcissisum

Yeah, but its justified! We're cool! Those ENTPs are just a bunch of overly logical pricks! ;) :D

INTJMom
03-22-2009, 10:27 PM
While Anti-social personality disorder means a lack of concern/empathy toward others and everything that comes with that.
I have never thought otherwise.

hommefatal
05-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Mine is

Dramatic
Code: DRA
Disorder: Histrionic
Enneagram: 2w3, 7w6
Variant: Social
Myers-Briggs: ESFJ, ESFP
Function: Extraverted Feeling

Description: Dramatic types are all heart. They have been granted the gift of feeling, with which they color the lives of everyone around them. When possessed of great talent, Dramatic men and women can transform human emotion into the highest art form. Even in their daily lives, their wit, their laughter, their sense of beauty, their flamboyance, and their sensuality can lift the spirits of a roomful of strangers. All the world's a stage for individuals with this very common personality style. Life is never dull or boring for them and certainly not for those who share it with them. Dramatic people fill their world with excitement; things happen in their lives.
# Feelings. Dramatic men and women live in an emotional world. They are sensation oriented, emotionally demonstrative, and physically affectionate, They react emotionally to events and can shift quickly from mood to mood.
# Color. They experience life vividly and expansively. They have rich imaginations, they tell entertaining stories, and they are drawn to romance and melodrama.
# Attention. Dramatic people like to be seen and noticed. They are often the center of attention, and they rise to the occasion when all eyes are on them.
# Appearance. They pay a lot of attention to grooming, and they enjoy clothes, style, and fashion.
# Sexual attraction. In appearance and behavior, Dramatic individuals enjoy their sexuality. They are seductive, engaging, charming tempters and temptresses.
# Engagement. Easily putting their trust in others, they are able to become quickly involved in relationships.
# The spirit is willing. People with Dramatic personality style eagerly respond to new ideas and suggestions from others.

hommefatal
05-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Anti-Social Personality Disorder? INFJ, INTJ
ADHD? ESTP, ENTJ
No.

Ace_
07-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Narcissistic Personality Disorder? ESTJ, ESTP, ENTJ (those are most likely imho)

Anti-Social Personality Disorder? INs, especially INTs, and ENTs too when they're depressed

Avoidant Personality Disorder? Almost every type, except maybe ES types

Paranoid Personality Disorder? I suspect this would be a lot more prevalent in the N population

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder? Also almost any type, though I think N can contribute to this

Schizoid Personality Disorder? INTs

ADHD? Almost any type can have it but I think NPs are most likely, N contributes to this too

Schizotypal Personality Disorder Ns, NTs maybe more

Histrionic Personality Disorder EFs

Dependent Personality Disorder IxFx

I believe your personality type has a huge effect on the possibility of getting some of these personality disorders. I really can't see an ESFJ having schizoid personality disorder or an INTP having histrionic p.d.

Rainne
07-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Paranoid Personality Disorder - ISTP

InsatiableCuriosity
07-16-2010, 10:51 AM
A simple chart:

PTypes - Correspondence of PTypes, Keirsey, Enneagram, Psychiatric, and Astrological Types (http://www.ptypes.com/correspondence.html)

This from official research from The British Journal of Psychiatry (2007) 190: 503-508. doi: 10.1192/bjp.bp.106.024737
© 2007 The Royal College of Psychiatrists

Temperament, character and personality disorders as predictors of response to interpersonal psychotherapy and cognitive–behavioural therapy for depression
PETER R. JOYCE, MD, PhD, DSc, FRANZCP, FRSNZ, JANICE M. McKENZIE, MB ChB, FRCP(Canada), FRANZCP, JANET D. CARTER, DipClinPsych, PhD, ALMA M. RAE, MB ChB, FRANZCP, SUZANNE E. LUTY, BM BS, PhD, FRANZCP, CHRISTOPHER M. A. FRAMPTON, PhD and ROGER T. MULDER, MB ChB, PhD, FRANZCP

BJP -- JOYCE et al. 190 (6): 503 Table BL1 (http://bjp.rcpsych.org/cgi/content-nw/full/190/6/503/TBL1)

JocktheMotie
07-16-2010, 01:08 PM
A simple chart:

PTypes - Correspondence of PTypes, Keirsey, Enneagram, Psychiatric, and Astrological Types (http://www.ptypes.com/correspondence.html)

This from official research from The British Journal of Psychiatry (2007) 190: 503-508. doi: 10.1192/bjp.bp.106.024737
© 2007 The Royal College of Psychiatrists

Temperament, character and personality disorders as predictors of response to interpersonal psychotherapy and cognitive–behavioural therapy for depression
PETER R. JOYCE, MD, PhD, DSc, FRANZCP, FRSNZ, JANICE M. McKENZIE, MB ChB, FRCP(Canada), FRANZCP, JANET D. CARTER, DipClinPsych, PhD, ALMA M. RAE, MB ChB, FRANZCP, SUZANNE E. LUTY, BM BS, PhD, FRANZCP, CHRISTOPHER M. A. FRAMPTON, PhD and ROGER T. MULDER, MB ChB, PhD, FRANZCP

BJP -- JOYCE et al. 190 (6): 503 Table BL1 (http://bjp.rcpsych.org/cgi/content-nw/full/190/6/503/TBL1)

LOL

I'm a Libra, 5w6, and INTP...

I don't think SPD is a real disorder btw.

ctang15
07-14-2011, 12:18 AM
Lemme try...

Narcissistic Personality Disorder? - ENTJ

Anti-Social Personality Disorder? - ENTP

Avoidant Personality Disorder? - INFP

Paranoid Personality Disorder? - ESTJ

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder? - ISTJ

Schizoid Personality Disorder? - INTP

Also...

ADHD? - ES*P

The Ü™
07-14-2011, 01:04 AM
I'll give it a shot:

Paranoid: ENP
Schizotypal: INJ
Schizoid: INT

Antisocial: STP
Narcissistic: T
Histrionic: ESF
Borderline: EFP

Avoidant: INF
Dependent: IFP
Obsessive-Compulsive: TJ

Other unofficial personality disorders:

Passive-Aggressive: ISFP, ISFJ, INTP, INFP
Sadistic: ISTP, NTJ

Marmotini
07-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Narcissism: ENTP, ENTJ, ESFJ

Anti-Social: INTJ, xSTP

Avoidant: IxFJ, IxTJ, INxP

Paranoid: Si doms and Ni doms

OCD: SJs and NTJs

Schizoid: INTx

ADHD: ExxP

Schizotypal: Ns and ISxJs

Borderline: ExFx

Histrionic: ExFx (me)

Dependent: xxFP

Within
07-14-2011, 01:39 AM
Narcissistic Personality Disorder: INxJ, ENxJ

Anti-Social Personality Disorder: ESTx, ENTP

Avoidant Personality Disorder: xxFP, ISFx

Paranoid Personality Disorder: ENTP, INTx

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder: xxxJ

Schizoid Personality Disorder: IxTx

ADHD: ESxP

Jaguar
07-14-2011, 01:47 AM
Narcissism: ENTP

+ ENFP

wolfy
07-14-2011, 01:58 AM
I read through those disorders. I relate to almost all of 'em, disorder riddled I am. Riddled with disodrer.

Marmotini
07-14-2011, 02:20 AM
+ ENFP

I think any type can be narcissistic, but ENFPs would actually be more likely to be Borderline or Histrionic, and Borderline Personality Disorder can sometimes look like Narcissism in some aspects, because of the extreme worship/devalution stunts they pull on their loved ones.

You could also mistake the attention-seeking and sensitivity to criticism of Histrionic for Narcissism.

Histrionic personality disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of attention seeking behavior and extreme emotionality. Someone with histrionic personality disorder wants to be the center of attention in any group of people, and feel uncomfortable when they are not. While often lively, interesting and sometimes dramatic, they have difficulty when people aren't focused exclusively on them. People with this disorder may be perceived as being shallow, and may engage in sexually seductive or provocating behavior to draw attention to themselves.

Individuals with Histrionic Personality Disorder may have difficulty achieving emotional intimacy in romantic or sexual relationships. Without being aware of it, they often act out a role (e.g., "victim" or "princess") in their relationships to others. They may seek to control their partner through emotional manipulation or seductiveness on one level, whereas displaying a marked dependency on them at another level.

ICUP
07-14-2011, 03:08 AM
Enneagrams -

1 - ocd, depressive pd, eating disorders, crippling guilt, self-destructive
2 - histrionic pd, hypochondriasis, somatization, eating disorders, serious coercive sexual behaviors, stalking
3 - npd, hypertension, depression, narcissistic rage and vindictiveness, psychopathic
4 - severe depression, npd, avoidant pd, crimes of passion - murder, suicide
5 - schizoid, schizotypal, avoidant pd, psychotic breaks, dissociation, depression, suicide
6 - paranoid, dependent, borderline pd, dissociative disorders, passive-aggressive, intense anxiety attacks
7 - manic-depressive, borderline conditions, some elements of histrionic pd, ocd, substance abuse
8 - antisocial pd, sadistic, physical violence, paranoia, social isolation
9 - dissociative disorders, dependent and schizoid disorders, anhedonic depression, extreme denial, sever long-term depersonalization

Chiharu
07-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Narcissistic Personality Disorder? ENTP, ESTJ

Anti-Social Personality Disorder? INTP, ISTJ

Avoidant Personality Disorder? INTP, ISFP

Paranoid Personality Disorder? ISTJ

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder? ISTx, INTJ

Schizoid Personality Disorder? INTP!

ADHD? ESFP... Sunburst ENFP, ESTP