PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural Types

GargoylesLegacy
12-14-2008, 09:12 PM
So I was wondering what types some of the characters from Supernatural (TV Show) are. Me myself I am not quite sure yet, so I figured I'd ask for some help. =/

Okay so there is

~ Dean Winchester
trying to keep his emotions hidden, because he needs to be strong for his brother; very impulsive; fighty; believes only what he sees; values his family and their safety more than anything else; sarcastic humor...more abilities (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Winchester#Attributes)

I have read somewhere that Dean is typed as an ISFP. And someone I know typed Dean more of an Exxx something. Personally I am not sure yet.

~ Sam Winchester
very emotional; very intellectual; questions orders / rules; very caring; has faith even without seeing the stuff first...more abilities (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Winchester#Powers.2C_Skills.2C_and_Abilities) (not sure if they help too much tho)
You could say that Sam is like some sort of balance for Dean. Maybe Laney can say a bit more about Sam. I am pretty focused on Dean. ^^

If wished we can also try to type
John Winchester, Mary Winchester, Bobby
Azazel, Aleister, Crossroads Demon (female)
Ruby
Castiel, Uriel, Anna

Kora
12-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Sam could be an INFJ. And, for the sake of opposites, Dean strikes me as ESTP, though a warmer one.

GargoylesLegacy
12-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Sam could be an INFJ. And, for the sake of opposites, Dean strikes me as ESTP, though a warmer one.
Hm, ESTP and INFJ huh? That could actually be.

Do you know the show or did you just stick to my description? =)

Kora
12-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Do you know the show or did you just stick to my description? =)
I watch it, heh. Actually I wondered sometimes which type would they be, so I'm glad you opened the thread.

GargoylesLegacy
12-14-2008, 11:24 PM
I watch it, heh. Actually I wondered sometimes which type would they be, so I'm glad you opened the thread.
*worships you* More SN Freaks!!
Uh...*coughs* I mean...Meh. :D

From what I researched no one even bothered to type them. I don't get it. Really not. I mean I have to know what Dean is, otherwise I can never find a guy like him. And Laney can never find a Sammy-Type. =P
Anyways.

I am happy you like the idea. I kinda didn't believe Laney and me were the only interested persons in them.
And your guess actually seems pretty accurate to me. I mean as far as I can tell at least. o.o

Alpha Prime
12-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Dean: ESxP, with both x-sides well developed.
Sam: Apart from being a recovering wussy, Kora may be right.

If wished we can also try to type
John Winchester, Mary Winchester, Bobby
Azazel, Aleister, Crossroads Demon (female)
Ruby
Castiel, Uriel, Anna

You mean, YOU WANT us to take a guess on these two ;) :P.

Azazel: INTJ
Castiel: ISTJ?
Ruby: HAWT bitch.

Too bad, the series is gonna end with season 5.

briochick
12-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Too bad, the series is gonna end with season 5.

Are you serious? *pouts* I haven't watched since season 3 (there have been vast and unfair issues with my getting downloadable versions in South Korea. Nearly everything US is blocked. *pouts*

Always loved Sam and Dean. Identified with Sam, crushed hard core on Dean. Jeez, that guy should never ever wear anything but those jeans....that's deviating from the point of this isn't it?

I think you might be right about Sam being an infj, or else maybe an infp because I get that feeling that he thinks everything is his fault.

Dean, and E and a J maybe? He sure does have a lot of opinions, that makes me think J. Don't know about the middle bits though...

Kora
12-15-2008, 11:23 PM
I think you might be right about Sam being an infj, or else maybe an infp because I get that feeling that he thinks everything is his fault.
I thought INFP for him too, but he shows a lot of J.
But I agree with you, they should do more shirtless scenes.

Also, I think John was an ISTJ. Or ISTP, I'm not sure.

GargoylesLegacy
12-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Whoaa, have we just found MORE Supernatural Freaks here? Gee, thought Laney and me were the only ones. But we are not. Awesome, more people to share my SN stuff with! :D

Heh, and yeah, that Azazel was an INTJ was so clear. The evil guys always are. *rethinks about that sentence again* Wait...does that mean I am too? O__o

Uh, anyways. (Let's quickly forget about that)

Oh uhm, Alpha? Ruby really IS hot. =)
She seems one of the "colder" types tho. I mean she is pretty bossy and cold or is that just me?

Castiel seems to be twisted. He should be cold, but he can't really. He is always a bit struggling with his conscience.
And Uriel is just an ass. He is one of those people without conscience anyways. At least until Season 4, Ep 10. What comes after we will see.

Anna is hard for me to tell. Probably because I don't really like her.

Who else...
Ah, Aleister. Well...very evil. Probably he will score INTJ too. But I saw him twice so far, and only for a couple seconds so it is hard to tell yet.

The Crossroads-Demon...she seemed very secure of herself, liked to manipulate people, play with them, boss them around, and yet she was very smart. Probably another "Mastermind-Type".

Bobby...well, very prudent, smart, caring...not sure where to put him yet. Could he be a mixture of Dean and Sam? Tho, maybe a bit more Sam?

Mary and John...well, John seems very "Dean-ish". Mary seems more "Sam-ish".
What do you think? =)

lane777
12-16-2008, 05:54 AM
~ Sam Winchester
very emotional; very intellectual; questions orders / rules; very caring; has faith even without seeing the stuff first...
You could say that Sam is like some sort of balance for Dean. Maybe Laney can say a bit more about Sam.

Other than the above, other qualities that stick out in my mind are: excellent communicator, connects with people easily, sensitive to others feelings, research/information junkie, talkative, opinionated, serious, cautious.

Strikes me as an eNFJ.

GargoylesLegacy
12-16-2008, 06:03 AM
Other than the above, other qualities that stick out in my mind are: excellent communicator, connects with people easily, sensitive to others feelings, research/information junkie, talkative, opinionated, serious, cautious.
True, I forgot some of those. I guess I was allover Dean with my mind. ^^
Tho, I like Sam. I really do. A lot. But not as much as Dean.

Oh, but what I meant to point out is...Sam might connect easily with people, but at the same time he is not like...superchatty. I mean somehow I do see him more "introverted". Tho, that is probably a definition-thing. But yeah, eNFJ could work too. With the small "e", really. He reminds me of myself somehow, when it comes to communication. He is kinda quiet, tho when he needs to he does talk to people, like when they do their researches and they need to get information from others or so. *nod*

On a sidenote: Awesome you joined in, Laney. :hug:

briochick
12-16-2008, 06:21 AM
[QUOTE=GargoylesLegacy;458871]

Oh, but what I meant to point out is...Sam might connect easily with people, but at the same time he is not like...superchatty. I mean somehow I do see him more "introverted". Tho, that is probably a definition-thing. But yeah, eNFJ could work too. With the small "e", really.QUOTE]

I guess I would just point out here that infjs can be surprisingly social. If you saw me with my students, or when I'm walking with a friend or two, or talking on a phone, you might think I was an extrovert. If you see me in a group of more than three, or if you note how I'll dissapear into my room, or the mountains on weekends, you'd know I'm most definately not. That being said...I think Sam may be a much better I(or small e)NFJ than I am. I loved how smart he was compared to Dean at the beginning of the series, it was a fun contrast.

(will you guys hate me if I say I have only seen half way through season 3? I really love the show but moving to Korea and the issues I've had getting access to US television kind of put my favorite shows on the back burner...for about a year)

GargoylesLegacy
12-16-2008, 06:25 AM
I guess I would just point out here that infjs can be surprisingly social.
Yeah true, I completely forgot about that, even tho I actually DO have an INFJ friend. Doh. :doh:

I think Sam may be a much better I(or small e)NFJ than I am. I loved how smart he was compared to Dean at the beginning of the series, it was a fun contrast.
He still is. Well, let's say Sam is more uh..."serious" than Dean. Dean strikes me more as a person who just enjoys life very often. I mean look at how much he eats, drinks, fools around with girls etc. :D

(will you guys hate me if I say I have only seen half way through season 3? I really love the show but moving to Korea and the issues I've had getting access to US television kind of put my favorite shows on the back burner...for about a year)
Hah, nah, no big deal. =)

Kora
12-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Bobby: ISFJ?

GargoylesLegacy
12-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Bobby: ISFJ?
Could be.
I mean what do we know about him? He IS some sort of mix between Sam and Dean, no? So yeah, could probably be. =)
Man, kinda hard to type those people. I am still not too good at it yet. I mean I don't want to be stereotypical or so. :dry:

On a sidenote: Do you guys know of any decent, english SPN Forum? I haven't found one. I am seriously considering to make one myself.

lane777
12-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh, but what I meant to point out is...Sam might connect easily with people, but at the same time he is not like...superchatty. I mean somehow I do see him more "introverted". Tho, that is probably a definition-thing. But yeah, eNFJ could work too. With the small "e", really. He reminds me of myself somehow, when it comes to communication. He is kinda quiet, tho when he needs to he does talk to people, like when they do their researches and they need to get information from others or so. *nod*

On a sidenote: Awesome you joined in, Laney. :hug:

Hehe, how could I resist?

You're right he's not a yacker, however, I figured his gender could account for his lack of chattiness. Perhaps e men are less chatty than female e's? Anyways, I'm satisfied with either i or e, really, but since I'm not so learned with the MBTI system, I'll go with whatev you say. INFJ it is then.

GargoylesLegacy
12-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Hehe, how could I resist?
You're right he's not a yacker, however, I figured his gender could account for his lack of chattiness. Perhaps e men are less chatty than female e's? Anyways, I'm satisfied with either i or e, really, but since I'm not so learned with the MBTI system, I'll go with whatev you say. INFJ it is then.
Heh, actually I am not too trained either to type people. So it could be E, but also I. Hm, but from comparing my one INFJ friend to Sam, they are pretty much alike, so I don't know, could be. I mean I don't think I have an ENFJ friend to compare. So xNFJ is fine anyways. Close enough I guess. =)

And how could you resist? Who knows. Hehe. :D

Edgar
12-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Magneto's type is INTJ, and so is Fagneto's.

Kora
12-16-2008, 10:11 PM
^ Fail at trolling.

Edgar
12-16-2008, 10:12 PM
^ Fail at trolling.

^ Fail at noticing a previous thread reference.

Kora
12-16-2008, 10:15 PM
^ Okay, my apologies Mr German shepherd.

GargoylesLegacy
12-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Kay you guys. So I am gonna do it. I am gonna plan a SPN Forum, since no decent english Forum can be found out there (incredible, really. :dry:).
But that only on a sidenote.

Oh, and I have a question about Sam and Dean: Do you think they had the same Types when they were kids? I mean we can see them a couple of times. So I wondered.
I can definitely tell Dean was very independant already and already very looking out for Sam.
And Sam was all innocent and clueless. Is there even a Type for such a thing? :D

Oh, oh! And what about Bela? (Gee, I hate her, but I never listed her. And why do they spell her with one "L" only anyways?)

PoprocksAndCoke
11-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Yay! Supernatural freaks!

Let's see, I already typed most of them.
Dean: ESxP
Sam: eNFJ (Love ya)
Bobby: INTJ
Anna: eNFJ (Join the dark side, Anna.)
Castiel: HAWT or possibly INTP.
Uriel: ASS
John Winchester: INFJ
Ruby: ISFP
Bela: I loved Bella. My favorite ENTJ.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes
09-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Been ages since I watched that show, but I'll still give the main characters a shot.

Sam: Probably INFX. I think.
Dean: ESXJ most likely, though he looks like an ESTP at first.
Bobby: ISXJ
Castiel: ISTJ
Ruby: Can't remember her very well at all, but maybe ENTJ. She was scheming the whole time and rather commanding and manipulative.
Yellow Eyes: XNTJ. I'm thinking INTJ.

I never saw the end of the series. Probably harder to type Lucifer here, but on the outside, he APPEARED to be INFJ. He said he never lied, but you know, that could have been a lie and he's just playing them the whole time, which is likely.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes
10-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Nobody watches or has watched Supernatural at all?

JivinJeffJones
10-06-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm not convinced about Dean as ESTP. On the surface it looks pretty obvious, but his overriding motivation in almost everything he does seems to be to keep the family together. He was always the good son, the responsible one, the one who did what his dad told him without questioning and the one who above all looked out for little Sammy. That sounds more like an ESTJ than an ESTP to me. The nomadic nature of their lifestyle looks more ESTP, but that's meant to be part and parcel of being hunters. When he doesn't have someone to look after he goes to pieces.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes
10-06-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm not convinced about Dean as ESTP. On the surface it looks pretty obvious, but his overriding motivation in almost everything he does seems to be to keep the family together. He was always the good son, the responsible one, the one who did what his dad told him without questioning and the one who above all looked out for little Sammy. That sounds more like an ESTJ than an ESTP to me. The nomadic nature of their lifestyle looks more ESTP, but that's meant to be part and parcel of being hunters. When he doesn't have someone to look after he goes to pieces.

Good point. After thinking a bit, he could be some kind of EXXJ. I think ENFJ, ESFJ or ESTJ would all work pretty well.

KDude
02-28-2011, 07:23 AM
I haven't seen the entire series, but my 2c:

Dean : ESTJ
Sam : INFP
Loki/Gabriel: ENTP
Crowley: ENTJ
Anna: INFJ
Meg: ISTP
Pamela: ENFJ

figsfiggyfigs
02-28-2011, 08:43 AM
I haven't seen the entire series, but my 2c:

Dean : ESTJ
Sam : INFP
Loki/Gabriel: ENTP
Crowley: ENTJ
Anna: INFJ
Meg: ISTP
Pamela: ENFJ
yup yup yup!! <3!!!!

I definitely think dean is ESTP or ESTJ, and Sam is an INFP/J, Love the show! :D

JivinJeffJones
02-28-2011, 09:05 AM
My thoughts here (http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35837&p=1357550&viewfull=1#post1357550).

And Sam is an INFJ imo. Far too much Fe and organization to be an INFP.

KDude
02-28-2011, 09:17 AM
I see more Fi.. One of the main themes of the show is how he was traditionally more independent (and confused) than Dean when it came to their task. Along with family loyalties too. He fought with his dad, wanted to make his own way in the world, and ran off for awhile. Dean resents it a bit. There's a few story arcs where it keeps creeping up, where Sam ends up breaking ranks, feeling like he's had it. Secondly, Pam calls Dean "Dean", and Sam "grumpy". He's got values, but his F, socially speaking, isn't always apparent.

Both of them kind of a struggle with a sort of alternative Se/Si and Fi/Fe sense of direction though.

JivinJeffJones
02-28-2011, 09:23 AM
I see more Fi.. One of the main themes of the show is how he was traditionally more independent (and confused) than Dean with it came to their task.. and especially with family loyalties. He fought with his dad, want to make his own way in the world, and ran off for awhile.

You could put that down to Fi, or you could put it down to the fact that they live so differently to everyone else around them, and Sam resents being forced to be a 'freak' by his family. Which looks more Fe than Fi to me. All the backstories I've seen are of Sam wishing he could live a more normal life, and his rebellions are centered on trying to get that normal life.

KDude
02-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Fair enough. Tbh, I think they're both hard to pin down, but that's my reasoning. I thought Anna came off as the more INFJ-ish character. Sam isn't all that different from Ruby in demeanor (oddly, I was just reading that the two actors got married.. not sure if they themselves are Fi doms though :P).

Grace
11-17-2011, 04:03 AM
Whatever Dean is, I find him very attractive! That leads me to believe he is some form of EXXP since those are typically the type of guys I like. I do, however, understand the argument for ESFJ. Sam is definitely IXFX. I could see INFJ. I should probably mention that I've only watched the first season so I don't really know what I'm talking about here. :P

Murrdogg
10-25-2013, 03:28 AM
Dean: ESTP
Sam: INTP. He shows Fe. But it's only to Dean and some strangers. He is open to things he was taught not to do (Ne). Intellectual (NT).
John: ISTJ
Bobby: ISTP
Azazel: INTJ
Ruby: (Season 3) ENTJ. (Season 4) INTJ.
Lilith: ENTP
Eve: ENFJ
Dick Roman: ENTJ
Metatron: INTX

CourtneyJD
12-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Dean: ESTP-hard core. He is a classic doer. Doesn't think of the consequences to his actions, ect. But he is fun loving, spontaneous, and good natured (also-I love him more than is OK for me to love a fictional character).
Sam: INFJ-strives to have a normal, orderly life, but his idealism, his loyalty toward Dean, and his caring for others makes him continue the Family Business. He also is surrounded by that INFJ tortured sad aura.
Castiel: ISTJ- talk about the Duty Fulfiller complex. Mind you, he did rebel, but that was after thousands of years of just doing what he was told.
Bobby: ISFJ-I say this because my dad is about that age and is a male isfj, and he really reminds me of him.

Women characters: non existent or not well thought out.