PDA

View Full Version : Twilight?

StoryOfMyLife
11-24-2008, 01:24 AM
*cringes now* Oh please don't shoot me, please don't shoot me... but Gin and I had a discussion over what the possible personality types of Edward and Bella could be...and it got me wondering.. If anyone here has read the books, I'd like an opinion...

Bella - IxFx [we're not sure if she's an 'S' or an 'N' --she makes quick connections in the first book, seems to maybe dumb down a little due to her deep depression in the second..strong-willed, stubborn, intelligent, emotional, and definitely obsessed with all things vampires and werewolves... not to mention she's pretty damn clumsy and private-minded.]

Edward- Ixxx [yeah, I'm lost on this one. He's protective, has a wry sense of humor, feels nothing but that incredibly deep love for Bella and indulges in the musical stylings of Debussy... :huh: ]

Jacob Black- [Uhhh...hmm...possibly an ExFP...Devoted/obsessed with Bella..likes all things mechanical. Is great with vehicles and fixing things. Seems to be more F than T-- but I could be wrong...]

Charlie Swan- IxTx/IxFx [I really dont' know. He's a lot like Bella, really but not obsessed with fantasy. He's clueless about how father/daughter relationships should work, but is still devoted and protective of her. Keeps to himself mostly apart from his tight comraderie with Billy Black and few friends in Forks.]

Reneé [Bella's Mother]-- ExFx [Crazy lady...overly-emotional, bubbly, absent-minded, probably/possibly as accident prone as her daughter...I'm leaning maybe toward ENFP..]

Usehername
11-24-2008, 05:20 AM
I took my 14 yo sister to see this movie; she'd been crazy about the book series. I was pretty impressed with its storytelling considering the age of the audience in the theatre.

I would argue that it's pretty hard to type non-humans but here I go anyway.

Bella: either INFJ or IxFP.
Edward: IxxJ because he's very careful with his self-discipline to not suck his human girlfriend's blood
Bella's dad: ISxJ

Pretty much I don't disagree with your typings but I also can't add much further past that.

StoryOfMyLife
11-24-2008, 06:09 AM
The movie *sighs* ...anyway...

I wondered if Bella wasn't possibly an INFJ-- though I'm not sure she definitely falls into the stereotypical 'multi-layered' syndrome. Possibly, though. She does do some surprising things and kind of make the reader go 'what the hell..?'. Acts before she thinks, which is NF anyway, isn't it? *lol* Her character does change a little bit, the more she discovers about herself... so maybe, maybe..

Edward..hmm. Yeah I agree...I can't figure if he's an 'F' or a 'T'. He tries not to act out of turn, he is very disciplined--seems he has strong emotions, so quite possibly an F- though he does behave a bit detached sometimes... wow I'm bad at this..

Charlie. Maybe he's an ISTJ. He shows more detachment than anything. He's a sheriff, so he's got to go by logic rather than on total emotion or instinct. He loves Bella and he gets angry, but there isn't an big show of emotion on his part...

scantilyclad
11-24-2008, 06:32 AM
i definitely think charlie is an istj, i'm not 100% sure about bella or edward though.

StoryOfMyLife
11-24-2008, 07:28 AM
How about Alice? ENFP?? [ignoring the fact that she doesn't much talk to anybody outside of the 'clan'-- they do have vampire friends to consider.. lol]

amigone
11-24-2008, 07:57 PM
I'd say ISFP for Bella. I don't know about Edward.. Reneé; I've thought of her as ENFP. Or maybe ESFP?

Carlisle: ..NFJ
Esme: E..FJ. well, i mostly think of her as an Fe-mother.
Alice: ENF..
Jasper: I dont know.. his gift is in the emotional realm. He's so warmly charismatic and at the same time such a strategic soldier type of person. I don't know! What do you think of Jasper?
Emmet: ES..P?
Rosalie: ESTJ?

James? Victoria? Laurent? What about Aro?

StoryOfMyLife
11-25-2008, 06:06 PM
I'd say ISFP for Bella. I don't know about Edward.. Reneé; I've thought of her as ENFP. Or maybe ESFP?

Carlisle: ..NFJ
Esme: E..FJ. well, i mostly think of her as an Fe-mother.
Alice: ENF..
Jasper: I dont know.. his gift is in the emotional realm. He's so warmly charismatic and at the same time such a strategic soldier type of person. I don't know! What do you think of Jasper?
Emmet: ES..P?
Rosalie: ESTJ?

James? Victoria? Laurent? What about Aro?

ISFP or ISFJ is another type I considered for Bella. She's somewhat difficult to place, I think...

Carlisle...perhaps he is an INFJ? Not sure, though. How sociable he is within the vampire community..he does seem to have a fair amount of acquaintances and people he trusts, so maybe ENFJ...

Esme..maybe ESFJ?

Emmet...lol, he's such a warm-hearted [forgive the ignorance of the fact that their hearts don't beat and they are cold to the touch... :blush:] cuddly teddy-bear, big-brother type. I think he's an 'F' ..ESFP perhaps?

Jasper is a tough one. I've mulled over that one a bit [with no input from my friend who was too busy doing a 'which Twilight character are you?' test...lol..]. He has the ability to control emotions, to feel what others are feeling...I guess, he is basically an empath who can create his own emotional atmosphere. Still hard to place, however... an 'I' I believe. He isn't very, very sociable, and I imagine him to be the roots for Alice to keep her grounded. So perhaps he is almost her complete opposite? INFP or ISFP/J? Hmm..

scantilyclad
11-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Alice seems more ENFJ to me.
I'd type Emmet as an estp.
Esme=ISFJ
Rosalie=bitch

StoryOfMyLife
11-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Alice seems more ENFJ to me.
I'd type Emmet as an estp.
Esme=ISFJ
Rosalie=bitch

:rofl1:

You read my mind exactly with Rosalie...it's so funny you say that. [It's so true, not like it's a huge secret or anything...] I was reminded of the conversation I had with a friend last night when I told her I wasn't sure what Rosalie really would be. Then I paused and said "I guess it depends...what's the type for 'bitch'?" :happy: [She was tolerable to me in 'Breaking Dawn', but I still really dislike her...].

amigone
11-25-2008, 11:03 PM
What about INTJ for Edward? However, I've never really met one (that I know of) and don't have much to compare to. Anyway, Edward is so certain of his ideas, and gives off the vibe of a patient parent having to explain something obvious to his child. He has an 'I'm in charge-attitude', and often claims to know the better way to do something (of course, his vampire powers help..)

He may come off as a bit arrogant at times? ..I remember him talking about 'having to sink so low', when he had to listen to Jessica's thoughts, about her thoughts being unoriginal. Edward leads the way and prefers to be the one making decisions. I also believe tertiary Fi could represent his very beautiful feeling side?

scantilyclad
11-25-2008, 11:29 PM
:rofl1:

You read my mind exactly with Rosalie...it's so funny you say that. [It's so true, not like it's a huge secret or anything...] I was reminded of the conversation I had with a friend last night when I told her I wasn't sure what Rosalie really would be. Then I paused and said "I guess it depends...what's the type for 'bitch'?" :happy: [She was tolerable to me in 'Breaking Dawn', but I still really dislike her...].

The only reason that Rosalie was tolerable in Breaking Dawn was because of Renessme. :)
but i still seriously hate her. haha

Haphazard
11-25-2008, 11:32 PM
After reading 500 of Bella's thoughts, I don't think she could be an N...

ISFP is my best guess.

Can someone explain to me why exactly they're in love?

scantilyclad
11-25-2008, 11:39 PM
i think for Bella it was love at first sight. Edward loves Bella because she is not a typical human, she is different. Sometimes love doesn't have a reason. Their love in unconditional and sweet. I love it. awww.

Haphazard
11-25-2008, 11:53 PM
i think for Bella it was love at first sight. Edward loves Bella because she is not a typical human, she is different. Sometimes love doesn't have a reason. Their love in unconditional and sweet. I love it. awww.

How is Bella not typical?

scantilyclad
11-25-2008, 11:59 PM
How is Bella not typical?

her brain works in different ways. hence why Edward can't read her mind. Which is another thing that draws him to her.

Haphazard
11-26-2008, 12:01 AM
her brain works in different ways. hence why Edward can't read her mind. Which is another thing that draws him to her.

Is that why he can't read her mind, or is it because he can't read her mind that he thinks her mind has to work differently?

scantilyclad
11-26-2008, 12:10 AM
probably both.

Haphazard
11-26-2008, 12:14 AM
probably both.

Can you explain to me how Bella thinks differently?

scantilyclad
11-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Can you explain to me how Bella thinks differently?

not really, her mind is just closed off, she may think the same thoughts as anyone else, and she does, but she is able to keep her mind completely closed off.

Ism
11-26-2008, 01:00 AM
I agree with Bella as an ISFP with a preference to work independently, maybe ISTP. I lied. I'm leaning with ISTP on this one. (Book)

See, now, Edward, however, is an EXXJ, I think. He seems like he'd be the outgoing type if he were human and able to speak with others outside his clan. At least, that's the impression I got from the movie.

The sexual tension in that thing could be cut only with a very sharp knife. It was semi-exhausting, too.

The book, however, places him as an IXXJ, I think.

Then again, my opinion isn't very reliable since I only read the first 100 pages, 100+ Twilight rants, and saw the movie.

MissMurder
11-26-2008, 07:37 AM
I really hope someone can type Edward. I am so curious... what the hell is he?

Jack Flak
11-26-2008, 07:40 AM
I really hope someone can type Edward. I am so curious... what the hell is he?
Post a video and I'll guess. I sure don't watch whatever show you're talkin' about. :)

MissMurder
11-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Post a video and I'll guess. I sure don't watch whatever show you're talkin' about. :)

Hm, this is probably the best clip I could find: YouTube - NEW TWILIGHT SCENE-BELLA TALKS TO EDWARD IN CAFETERIA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgtdwzh1aOQ)

Jack Flak
11-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Hm, this is probably the best clip I could find: YouTube - NEW TWILIGHT SCENE-BELLA TALKS TO EDWARD IN CAFETERIA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgtdwzh1aOQ)
xSTP

MissMurder
11-26-2008, 08:06 AM
xSTP

Thanks!

P.S. In the books, it's mentioned repeatedly that Edward loves fast cars. Interesting.

Jack Flak
11-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks!

P.S. In the books, it's mentioned repeatedly that Edward loves fast cars. Interesting.
Hey, what can I tell you, I'm the best. Ask Nocaps. ;)

scantilyclad
11-26-2008, 06:09 PM
xSTP

nah Edward is a J. But definitely not an xSTJ.

Skyward
11-26-2008, 06:23 PM
E. Cullen is xSTP, that's the vibe I got from him in the book at least.

And Bella is D-U-M-B. I cant even think about that movie/book without trembling on the inside. It just and puts me off. Though I guess it fits typical melodrama: They're only together because he looks good and she smells good.

StoryOfMyLife
11-26-2008, 09:52 PM

And Bella is D-U-M-B. I cant even think about that movie/book without trembling on the inside. It just and puts me off. Though I guess it fits typical melodrama: They're only together because he looks good and she smells good.

I think the book and film are going to portray slightly different personality types- I would go strictly by the book because of all of the inner thoughts you would get or little details which would be completely overlooked in the film... How the actors play their characters will have a lot to do with what type they might come across as- and if it weren't Rob Pattinson as Edward and somebody else, they may have played him completely different.

[Rant=Response] Bella continuously pissed me off through the books. I liked her just fine in Twilight but as the series went on, I kind of had to sit back and think 'What the hell..?'. Nevertheless, who am I to say that their reasons for being together are wrong? I could imagine a lot of other girls who might be a better fit for Edward, but it was up to the author, I guess, and that's what she chose to do...[/Rant=Response]

placebo
11-27-2008, 03:11 AM

Ditto. Sorry to fans, but I can't stand the popularity of the book. I haven't read the whole thing, only snips, but I've watched the movie. Can't say I can sense much personality in the two of them. My vague guess is Bella is ISFP and Eddie reminded me of a certain ESXP, but I also think he might have just been sarcastic throughout the whole thing so maybe an ENXP. But that's only based on the movie, the books probably have a lot more to go on.

MissMurder
11-27-2008, 03:22 AM
An ENFJ friend who's read the books types Carlisle Cullen as an ENFJ. That character has gone to great lengths to go against his vampiric nature and help humanity with his immortal lifespan. Yet the contact he received from his patients wasn't enough, and he grew lonely enough to form his coven. He is the glue that binds his family together, he brings the peace... etc. Very ENFJ.

StoryOfMyLife
11-27-2008, 06:08 AM
An ENFJ friend who's read the books types Carlisle Cullen as an ENFJ. That character has gone to great lengths to go against his vampiric nature and help humanity with his immortal lifespan. Yet the contact he received from his patients wasn't enough, and he grew lonely enough to form his coven. He is the glue that binds his family together, he brings the peace... etc. Very ENFJ.

That makes sense to me. I can picture Carlisle as an ENFJ -- within the vampire society, he also has a lot of acquaintances whom he trusts and knows he can call upon in times of need. I don't think an introverted vampire would have such a selection to choose from...

Gamine
11-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Firstly, Twilight. Yes please.

I always got an ESFP feel for Renee. Any thoughts on Jasper or Aro?

StoryOfMyLife
11-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Firstly, Twilight. Yes please.

I always got an ESFP feel for Renee. Any thoughts on Jasper or Aro?

I guess it's established that Renee is at least definitely an 'E'x'F'x something...I wonder if Bella is a fair mix of both of her parents [she isn't as 'out there' as her mother is, but I don't know if she's as much as a loner as Charlie..hmm].

No clue for Aro...

Jasper has been worked on. If you go back a page or two we were discussing him. He seems to be one of the more difficult ones to place.

Kora
11-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Edward and Bella doesn't have a defined personality. They're pretty much what the writer desires in every moment.
But Edward is closer to be IsFJ, and Bella would be whatever type is the writer.

wwbeachbum161
11-30-2008, 12:51 AM
What about the actors that play Edward and Bella in the movie (Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart)? :)

YouTube - Access Hollywood Robert Pattinson Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOvNf2Ut8Bk&feature=related)

YouTube - Access Hollywood Kristen Stewart Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5nFt0Wj5-E)

Ism
11-30-2008, 03:45 AM
Both N's? Pattison might be an N.

Shawn-something-or-other was too distracting, haha.

Edit: I lie. Kristen is some sort of IST...P? Yeah, I'm cool with ISTP. Perhaps an NJ.

ISTP.

StoryOfMyLife
11-30-2008, 05:05 AM
I think Rob is probably an IN-- dunno about the rest, though. I gather 'I' from how humble he is in front of the camera. Also, looking at his body language, he messes with his hair constantly, which is a sign of insecurity and nervousness [something I draw towards introverted behavior rather than extroverted] and I certainly don't think he is preening himself. He also doesn't understand the fascination fans have with him [or his wildly cute unkempt hair *lol*]..

He doesn't view himself as a skilled actor, either- he prefers the path of musician and writes songs. Would that guide him toward 'F' do you think?

wwbeachbum161
11-30-2008, 06:02 AM
I definitely agree...I'm leaning towards INF_ for Rob. I can see Kristen as some sort of I_T_, but I'm still not entirely sure.

All I know is, their on and off screen chemistry is ridiculous (in a good way).

StoryOfMyLife
11-30-2008, 07:33 AM
I definitely agree...I'm leaning towards INF_ for Rob. I can see Kristen as some sort of I_T_, but I'm still not entirely sure.

All I know is, their on and off screen chemistry is ridiculous (in a good way).

Yeah, hard to tell really if he's a 'P' or a 'J' [oh, but I'd love it if he were a J lol]-- I'll have to watch more interviews and listen a bit more closely to his responses...maybe some indicator would be there that way.

Their chemistry rocked. Did you know he proposed to her? Half joking/ half serious-- but of course... ^^; she turned him down [I'd have said yes in a heartbeat, seriously... I love musician-types, and his hair... *sighs* of course, it's very nice that he's so humble and down to earth. Hm-- maybe that's a clue, too? At the MTV VMA's, he was interrupted by the show's host in intraducing 'Paramour' and he sort of laughed it off and claimed to not be bothered by the [obvious] rudeness- in fact, said he didn't think it was rude as he was hurrying by the cameras...].

Funkadelic
11-30-2008, 10:48 PM
before looking at what anyone has said, and giving it a lot of though (I just got back from seeing it the second time) I think that I'm safe to say that Bella is an INFP, and that because of her "messed" up life, she isn't necessarily the cheery and affectionate INFP that we see a lot. I could be wrong, though..but I like to think of her as an INFP.

Now there has been some discussion towards Edward, and being an F or T. Hands down, he's an F. He is willing to risk his cover for her sake, and would risk his life for her, and you can totally see it in the movie and how much he cares for her, and what he tells her when they leave eachother. Now, I can see why people can see him as a T, because of how he tries to get her to stay away from him, disregarding his 'feelings' towards her..which is a T trait, but if you think deeply on it, you know he's an F..it takes time, but you will just know. Given that, I can see him as an INFJ. Which would then balance Bella and him out, giving them the perfect relationship that they have.

StoryOfMyLife
11-30-2008, 11:20 PM
before looking at what anyone has said, and giving it a lot of though (I just got back from seeing it the second time) I think that I'm safe to say that Bella is an INFP, and that because of her "messed" up life, she isn't necessarily the cheery and affectionate INFP that we see a lot. I could be wrong, though..but I like to think of her as an INFP.

Now there has been some discussion towards Edward, and being an F or T. Hands down, he's an F. He is willing to risk his cover for her sake, and would risk his life for her, and you can totally see it in the movie and how much he cares for her, and what he tells her when they leave eachother. Now, I can see why people can see him as a T, because of how he tries to get her to stay away from him, disregarding his 'feelings' towards her..which is a T trait, but if you think deeply on it, you know he's an F..it takes time, but you will just know. Given that, I can see him as an INFJ. Which would then balance Bella and him out, giving them the perfect relationship that they have.

That seems like a fair assessment as well. I'm wondering if they perhaps are borderline with certain traits so that they could be one or the other at any given time? Bella is very quick to jump to the conclusion that Edward must be something supernatural- she isn't afraid of it [I would think she's excited by it, really] and approaches it with the full belief of what he is when she has figured it out. That's a bit 'out there', really, and NFP/NFJ have that tendency to be kind of that way, don't they? [Well, I know I am, and one of my best friends is an INFP and she is, too :yes: so I guess I just answered my own question *lol*].

I never thought of Edward as an INFJ, but your reasoning behind it is valid enough to push his type in that direction. I wondered if maybe Jasper wasn't one as well, or at least an 'F' for his emotional/empathic abilities... [he is seriously difficult to type lol]

Funkadelic
12-01-2008, 01:55 AM
That seems like a fair assessment as well. I'm wondering if they perhaps are borderline with certain traits so that they could be one or the other at any given time? Bella is very quick to jump to the conclusion that Edward must be something supernatural- she isn't afraid of it [I would think she's excited by it, really] and approaches it with the full belief of what he is when she has figured it out. That's a bit 'out there', really, and NFP/NFJ have that tendency to be kind of that way, don't they? [Well, I know I am, and one of my best friends is an INFP and she is, too so I guess I just answered my own question *lol*].

Even though this may not agree with what I said, I'll say it anyway. I think the whole thing with how Bella approached Edward was, yes, actually an INxP trait. I think, after much considering, that she may be either an INFP, or an INtP, but a week t at that.

As for Edward, I guess he's unknown...I think we need more information, and better reasoning. I think, however, that the INxx is obvious though..

MissMurder
12-01-2008, 11:03 AM
After reading more of the books and analyzing Edward and Bella I've come to the conclusion that Edward is an SJ, the guy couldn't be more dutiful. ISTJ. I don't wish to spoil any plot for anyone, but he only continues to back up this theory for me. Bella is an introvert, and impulsive. So incredibly impulsive. So ISXP. I'm thinking ISFP, I'm not seeing any ISTP in her. I'm not dissing ISFPs, she's simply a poorly developed one if my theory is correct.

Alice is hard for me to wrap my mind around. She's such a free spirit, loves parties, practically dances everywhere she goes, cares very much about fashion and style. ESFP. Yet she's incredibly reliable. One could comfortably put their life in her hands, no problem. ENFP? Mature ESFP?

I agree with Renee being ESFP. Perfect.

cheap
12-03-2008, 07:40 AM
I think Rob is probably an IN-- dunno about the rest, though. I gather 'I' from how humble he is in front of the camera. Also, looking at his body language, he messes with his hair constantly, which is a sign of insecurity and nervousness [something I draw towards introverted behavior rather than extroverted] and I certainly don't think he is preening himself. He also doesn't understand the fascination fans have with him [or his wildly cute unkempt hair *lol*]..

He doesn't view himself as a skilled actor, either- he prefers the path of musician and writes songs. Would that guide him toward 'F' do you think?

his co-star described him as "poetic and complicated, a goofball" and ryan seacrest said he was an enigma. hmmm. he likes to read, says its easier to have a passion for music because of the freedom involved, is messy, and got kicked out of school. he does seem down to earth in conversation but he also seems a little 'spacey' at times..or maybe that's just me, heh.

so far sounds more like a 'p' to me but we don't know enough i guess.

SillySapienne
12-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Edward is an F, and an Fi user, for sure. :heart:

He is an iNFP, or an eNFP, I believe.

Bella seems T-ish, and is also a user of Fi, with a crap low Fe.

I theorize that he cannot read her like most people because she is, a., more complex, and b., more contained, i.e. she is emoting less than others.

He acts as a great ball of passion perpetually being funneled/processed through, while she is a fixed anchor, (she is fixed on him), being pulled every which way, (to be with him). He's constantly in a state of confusion/doubt, whereas she is *never* deterred or confused, she wants to be with him, period.

He wants to do right by her, and is seeking the best means to do this without acting out selfishly.

He will go as far as sacrificing himself to be with her and she is willing to forget/drop everyone and thing else to be with him.

And, now I am lost.

He is not a T, c'mon now!!!

scantilyclad
12-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Edward is an F, and an Fi user, for sure. :heart:

He is an iNFP, or an eNFP, I believe.

Bella seems T-ish, and is also a user of Fi, with a crap low Fe.

I theorize that he cannot read her like most people because she is, a., more complex, and b., more contained, i.e. she is emoting less than others.

He acts as a great ball of passion perpetually being funneled/processed through, while she is a fixed anchor, (she is fixed on him), being pulled every which way, (to be with him). He's constantly in a state of confusion/doubt, whereas she is *never* deterred or confused, she wants to be with him, period.

He wants to do right by her, and is seeking the best means to do this without acting out selfishly.

He will go as far as sacrificing himself to be with her and she is willing to forget/drop everyone and thing else to be with him.

And, now I am lost.

He is not a T, c'mon now!!!

i can agree with most of this, but Edward really strikes me as J. I'm not exactly sure why though, so i guess he could be a P.

SillySapienne
12-20-2008, 09:02 AM
i can agree with most of this, but Edward really strikes me as J. I'm not exactly sure why though, so i guess he could be a P.

I have only watched the movie, thus far, (I'm so buying the books tomorrow :) ), and Edward seems, hmm, wait, perhaps he is an INTJ with strong Fi?

Can INTJs be that emotionally intense?

If so, I want one, please.

:yes:

scantilyclad
12-20-2008, 09:17 AM
I have only watched the movie, thus far, (I'm so buying the books tomorrow :) ), and Edward seems, hmm, wait, perhaps he is an INTJ with strong Fi?

Can INTJs be that emotionally intense?

If so, I want one, please.

:yes:

i'd like to have one too. haha. my intj is emotionally dead. I'm not sure if edward is an INTJ, i still think he is an F, but after you read the books, i'd like to hear your thoughts. :)

SillySapienne
12-21-2008, 03:13 AM
Starting reading the book, tonight. :heart:

And about to go see the movie again.

:peepwall:

Needles to say, I'll be back with a more detailed assessment. :cool:

Jwill
01-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I think Edward's an NF for sure. I'd go INFP because of his extreme sense of guilt and inadequacy. He could be a J with the whole protector thing going on. Still, he's always willing to sacrifice himself for the ones he loves, even if it will make him miserable. I mean, he tried to kill himself because he thought Bella was dead!

Unknown
01-09-2009, 11:36 PM
How about ISFJ for Bella. I would have thought she'd be an "N" but if you read up the ISFJ type she fits pretty well. I don't think she's a P after reading through all 4-and then reading a little of Midnight Sun. Edward definatly an INFJ. Carslile ENFJ.

I couldn't believe any one else was wondering what types the characters would fit into. My friends are Twilight fans but they would think this is nuts. Thank goodness for internet.

Funkadelic
01-11-2009, 02:49 AM
I see what everyone's saying, but my personal oppinion is that Bella is a total INFP/INTP and Edward is an INFJ. Argue you may.
Edit: The part in the first one, where Bella is contemplating death, and dying in the face of someone you love is a total NFP thing to do. It may be broader, but NFP seems most specific.

Unknown
01-12-2009, 02:24 AM
I take back ENFJ Carlisle...He's an INFJ. INFJ's can masquerade easily as ENFJ's when called upon. INFJ fits a physician better.

And Bella is a planner, good student that gets reports done ahead of time, planned the escape for her daughter in the end etc...That's not very "P".

Edward definatly an INFJ though too I'd say. He's less in controll than Carlisle but age and experience can account for that.

Funkadelic
01-12-2009, 02:33 AM
I take back ENFJ Carlisle...He's an INFJ. INFJ's can masquerade easily as ENFJ's when called upon. INFJ fits a physician better.

And Bella is a planner, good student that gets reports done ahead of time, planned the escape for her daughter in the end etc...That's not very "P".

Edward definatly an INFJ though too I'd say. He's less in controll than Carlisle but age and experience can account for that.

Bella, a J? I don't know, but I've only seen the movie. In the movie, she's definitely a P. Her curiosity towards Edward, she's drawn to him, she's always trying to find out more and more about it, it's definitely P-like. If the books tell different, than I stand corrected, as for the movie though, Bella seams 98% P.

SillySapienne
01-12-2009, 05:59 PM
YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYYY!!!

This thread was revived!!!

Okay, I am currently reading Eclipse, and both Bella and Edward are Ns, for sure and I would definitely say that Edward is an INxJ, definitely, and Bella may very well be an INFP.

Renee is either an ESFP or an ENFP, but she doesn't seem to be the most healthy one, or perhaps she is a HARDCORE P, regardless, (I am a little jealous of her free-spiritedness, I wish I could be half as reckless :) )

Edward is super J, I think, at least in the books, he is so particular, and commanding/demanding. Also, he is ALWAYS calculating, always thinking, and always computing the best situational odds of doing what is "right".

Oh yeah, and he is H-A-W-T!!!

*swoons*

:wub:

SillySapienne
01-12-2009, 06:11 PM
I see what everyone's saying, but my personal oppinion is that Bella is a total INFP/INTP and Edward is an INFJ. Argue you may.
Edit: The part in the first one, where Bella is contemplating death, and dying in the face of someone you love is a total NFP thing to do. It may be broader, but NFP seems most specific.
I agree, being uber-sacrificial, (perhaps even to a flaw), might very well be an NFP thing.

Her self-esteem is pretty crap, and that kind of bothers me in the books, I am not used to reading heroines who have such a relatively low self-esteem.

She is incredibly intelligent, perceptive and insightful yet she doesn't think she is worth that much, she thinks she is ordinary, and at times even defected.

I could relate with the feeling defected thing, but her feeling ordinary?!?! :shock:

I.. do...not ..get!!!

swordpath
01-12-2009, 07:12 PM
From infp to istj for Edward. Hmmm

Ism
01-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Just to throw it out there, I'm pretty sure Bella's actress, Kristen Stewart, is an INTP, now. On her Letterman interview she seemed so insecure and nervous, and a bit akward in some instances. Not to say that these are INTP traits, but the introversion and overthinking qualities seemed present, hah.

Unknown
01-15-2009, 03:32 AM
I think you have to read all the books in the series to see who the characters are. I also read Midnight Sun posted on Stephanie Meyers web site and that gives a lot more insight to what makes each character tick. The characters in the movie are far different from the books. Bella is a force of nature by the end.

OneWithSoul if you liked the movie well enough to discuss the characters to discuss their personalities you just have got to read the books. I love bookd where I feel like I am getting into someone's head and that's what these are. There was no depth to the characters in the movie. I can see how you'd think Bella was a P without reading all the books.

Here's a link I like...
http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFJ.htm
I was going to try to explain why I think Bella could be a ISFJ but above says it all

Unknown
01-15-2009, 03:41 AM
also-somehow I didn't get that Bella's self esteem is bad. She doesn't feel worthy of edward because of the depth of her love and awe for him...but she doesn't worry about what people think about her. ISFJ's can be very nuturing of others and overly critical of themselves. On a scale I'd say she's not a super S-maybe a little closer to center...but I still think ISFJ.

where did istj come up for edward? No way. No way. He's clear-he's not that complicated. Bella is much more complicated.

Renee is definatly a ENFP-I don't think anyone has even tried to argue that. She's classic.

darynthe
01-15-2009, 09:53 PM
In my opinion, both Bella and Edward are INFX. I can see that Bella has a very INFP kind of life, she is often having accidents and not noticing stuff going on around her and lives in her own world and prefers to keep to herself her thoughts. She is obviously introverted. She is fascinated with the extremes too (another quirk of INFPS), you see her when she gives in to love it is totally, she glorifies Edward, althoguh she is conscious of his being a long time ago a murderer. She is capable of risking her life with her confidence on his self control. I think she has a very good grasp of him as in emphaty very INFP. She is very intelligent (although it only shows at times so I am often baffled and also bothered by the unstable charaterization).

She is very romantic, as someone mentioned it, she was eager to give her life and be thankful that she had a perfect dream to die for, also somehow her desire for his dominance which is very patent also seem to be INFP. That is 100% idealist romantic. The way she was a zombie after he left her it is also very much INF.

Now, to contradict the this, I see her very decisive and that is not an INFP trait at all. She is also not usually a procastinator. In this sense she can very well act J in her daily life.

Now about Edward, he is also showing a lot of INFX. The painful all-emcompassing passion, the obssesion of his love, the strict and absolute clining to his set of rules and principles are INFP. The self-sacrifice and guilt plus his ability to know people's motivations are clearly F and P. I cannot see how anyone can see even a trace of T in him?? I am very curious if someone can tell me. I just want to say that he is very intelligent but that doesn't make him a T by any means.

On the other hand, the way he clings to his decisions in such a strict way and how he easily manages to be great in school seems a lot like a J. Of course he says it is because he has been through highschool many times and it makes sense....

I have these conclusions after reading Midnight Sun. I am afraid the other books do not help much with determining the types, the characters are rather stiff in those.

SillySapienne
02-04-2009, 08:44 AM
I finished the Twilight Saga/series, last night... :cry:

And, I definitely think Edward Cullen is an INTJ.

:heart:

I am having Twilight withdrawals, :sad: so I decided to start reading Pride and Prejudice today. Never read it before, and I do think that Mr. Darcy just might be an INTJ, and hmm, could Elizabeth Bennet be an ENFP??!?!

I am only 40 pages into the book so I do not know for sure.

Give me romance or give me death!!!

:D

scantilyclad
02-04-2009, 08:57 AM
CC weren't the books much more beautiful than the movie? hehe i thought they were. :)

MissMurder
02-04-2009, 11:00 PM

I am having Twilight withdrawals, :sad: so I decided to start reading Pride and Prejudice today. Never read it before, and I do think that Mr. Darcy just might be an INTJ, and hmm, could Elizabeth Bennet be an ENFP??!?!

Interesting that you think Edward an INTJ, given that an INTJ would be a pretty nice match to your type (or so some say).

Maybe all girls could see their best typological match in Edward Cullen. He is the perfect man, after all. Perhaps we reflect the qualities we know deep down that we'd desire in a mate on him. That might explain his incredibly broad appeal, which spans all personality types.

Just a theory. And by the way, thank you for not spoiling that last book! I have not yet read it, so needless to say, you're the best!

Oh, and have you checked out Stephenie Meyer's other romance, The Host? I've heard it's kinda creepy (much darker than our beloved Twilight), but oh so sexy. ;)

StoryOfMyLife
02-05-2009, 05:09 AM

Aaaaahhh Pride&Prejudice...

I'm utterly, hopelessly in love with Mr. Darcy...it's so difficult not to fall for that guy, seriously, hehe.

That could be a new thread on it's own, I imagine..

hokie912
02-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Bella is ISFP as written. I get the sense that Meyer intended for her to be an NF, but she doesn't read that way at all. She's way too rooted in superficial details and present, concrete situations as a narrator to be an N.

I'd guess ISTJ for Edward.

Those seem like good guesses to me. INTJ definitely works for Mr. Darcy, and I could see Elizabeth as ENFP.

swordpath
03-27-2009, 12:17 PM
I just watched Twilight.

I think ISFP is fitting for Bella and IxTJ for Edward.

skawdebeast01
05-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Rob is INFP! =)

From an interview:

"At times Pattinson sounds grown-up, but he also lapses into adolescent silliness. Ask if he has a fake hotel name and the giggling starts: "I was Clive Handjob in Paris. Everyone in the hotel called me 'Monsieur Handjob'. That was good, cheap fun."

Amy Raphael talks to Robert Pattinson, star of vampire teen flick Twilight | Film | The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/apr/30/robert-pattinson-twilight-film)

That's INFP right thur.

Eagle
05-03-2009, 05:11 PM
OK... some people are driving me nuts in this thread... I would prefer to not comment but. Edward is IXXJ from what most of you have established. There seems to be a debate of whether he is N or S though. It's iffy depending on how that type shows itself in a person. I sat down for a moment and decided to guess Edwards type and I came up with ISTJ. Which seems awkward for me because that is my type. I do think he could be an N, but it is hard to say. I would be more comfortable with N than S I guess. Bella is an XXFP without a doubt. Do to her trouble socializing and such we might can safely say that she is an IXFP. I think our best course of action is ISFP, but I'm not entirely sure.

In regards to Bella's mind being shielded from Edward because she thinks differently (in spheres such as N and S), I doubt that is the case. Edward can read everyone elses mind without difference for their type. I think it is safer to say that the ability lies in the fact that it is just an ability. I don't think the author knows enough about psychological theories to come up with a good solution.

michL87
05-08-2009, 04:58 AM
I am strictly referring to the books, not the movie. The movie made the characters extremely shallow, and you don't see enough about them to type them. There's so much more depth to them in the books.

Bella: INFJ/ISFJ.
I think in Twilight and New Moon Bella was an INFJ, then Stephenie accidentally "switched" her type to an ISFJ in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. It was like Bella had a personality transplant from the first half of the Saga to the second half. (This is possible because they're fictional characters, and entirely how the author writes them.) If you read the books, Bella is in no way a P. She's always planning, saving money, doing her homework in a timely fashion (I doubt she's pulled an all-nighter.) And the whole plan in Breaking Dawn with Jenks was a very J thing to do.

Edward: ISFJ.
I'm not really sure he has a concrete personality, as he's written to be ideal for anyone who reads the book. He always wants to do the best for Bella, but can't really see what's best for her. He is in tune to what other people feel/think/what's going on with others (thus his power to read thoughts) so I would definitely place him as an F. He also has difficulty seeing how what he does will affect others; he only thinks about the moment and doesn't understand the long-term consequences of his actions.

Alice: ENFJ.
This seems right; the only problem is that Alice has an extremely high Ni (which manifests in her power.) Otherwise, she's extremely ENFJ.

Jasper: INFP.
He's completely Fi. He obviously has a very rich inner world, evident when he finally opens up to Bella about his life in the south. He's also quite impulsive (it's only because of Alice that he curtails his desire for human blood). Him and Alice have this epic romance thing going on, and his intense emotional depth is barely covered, even in the books.

Rosalie: ISTJ.
If you read the description and all four books, this seems like the best fit. She's not naturally in tune with her emotions (thus the whole Royce King event), and is very obligated to fulfilling her duty. (Especially with having children and helping Bella with the pregnancy.) She is a perfectionist and extremely loyal to her family.

Emmett: ESFP.

Esme: ESFJ.

Carlisle: INFJ.

Charlie: ISTJ.

Renee: ENFP.

Jake: ISTP.
He wavers sometimes between T and F, but I think he's a T. This one is hard! He's definitely mechanical and a fan of extreme sports. Very live in the moment, and definitely a P. I also think he's an I, because when he needs time to recharge or think he turns into a wolf and spends alone time running in the forest, or disappearing altogether. He's personable, but doesn't need others the way an E does.

Renesmee: ESFP! lol

Interesting pattern... the majority of Stephenie's characters tend to be feelers. Perhaps she is a feeler herself?

FigerPuppet
05-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Twilight sucks.
This (http://www.rinkworks.com/bookaminute/b/meyer.twilight.shtml) is why.

Charizmatic
05-23-2009, 01:51 PM
I think it makes it a bit difficult to judge the vamps because of their powers. Putting powers aside, I would judge Edward as an INTJ Bella as an INFP

Haphazard
05-23-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't get why Edward keeps getting judged as an INTJ. He's like... nothing like one...

Bella: ISFP

Edward: INFJ/ISFJ

Charizmatic
05-24-2009, 12:05 AM
oh and pattinson is a definite INFP.

I agree with Kirsten being an ISTP

michL87
06-01-2009, 06:20 PM
I think it makes it a bit difficult to judge the vamps because of their powers.

Since vampire powers draw on a person's strongest personality traits as a human, it makes absolute sense to trait them with their powers in mind.

Bowie
11-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Ugh, I had the unfortunate event of sitting through it last night, but I couldn't help but type the characters. I think it's hard, because a lot of them are pretty two dimensional.

Bella- ISFP. There is no way I'd put her as an INFJ; honestly, she's incredibly dull and boring and has no personality outside of being ferociously in love with Edward. And she doesn't seem to really care about anything else. She absolutely has no sense of the future (make me a vampire NOW. I want you NOW. I need it NOW. The future will never happen) and doesn't seem to pay any attention to her past, either.

Edward: ISFJ - Similar to Bella, only better at sticking to his convictions.

Jacob: I want to type him as an ISTP.
Alice: ENFJ
Jasper: INFP
Rosalie: ISTJ
Emmett: ESFP
Esme: ESFJ
Carlisle: Possibly INFJ.

I don't think there would be any NT characters in this series with the exception of the Volturi. They are also the only characters that seem to have any real interesting qualities to them (Jasper and Rosalie have interesting pasts, but of course they focus on Edward and Bella instead of developing other characters that have far more depth).

I don't see how people can find this stuff so amazing. The concept of vampires and such, I understand the appeal, but this particular series of film and books is so poorly written and developed.

Quinlan
11-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Bella- ISFP. There is no way I'd put her as an INFJ; honestly, she's incredibly dull and boring and has no personality outside of being ferociously in love with Edward. And she doesn't seem to really care about anything else. She absolutely has no sense of the future (make me a vampire NOW. I want you NOW. I need it NOW. The future will never happen) and doesn't seem to pay any attention to her past, either.

Us ISFPs are so darn boring.

Speed Gavroche
11-25-2009, 10:09 AM
incredibly dull and boring and has no personality outside of being ferociously in love with Edward. And she doesn't seem to really care about anything else.

That defenitely don't match with ISFP.

neptunesnet
11-25-2009, 03:17 PM
The Actors

Rob Pattinson: InFP
I thought he was ISFP for a while. After keeping tabs on him though, the guy's a little too much like me, except... y'know male. He is very well-read (into Charles Baudelaire), writes songs, sings the "blues" (or at least a bauched British version of what "blues" is), and the way he went about playing the character of Edward is very INFP.

Kristen Stewart: IStP
Emphasis on the I and P. Yeah, the girl's deep, but it doesn't mean she has to be an N to be that. She's more smooth in her movements than Robert is. Where he stumbles and trips over things she does just fine. She has a cool factor that most ISTPs I know have :wubbie:.
ISTP ef tee dub u.

Taylor Lautner: ESTP
He was in extreme martial arts for ages. He works out like a maniac. Perfect teen heartthrob, essentially.

Ashley Greene: ISFJ
In interviews she's nice and sweet and doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Marketable ISFJ.

Jackson Rathbone: ISFP
I really just wanted to type him as "ridiculous hipster," but I'm feeling nice :).

Nikki Reed: ESFP
You should hear this girl's life story.
:crazy:.

Kellan Lutz: ESFJ
A lot like Emmett, except I think he's much less impulsive. He's exactly the type your mom deems a "very nice boy." Like many of the male ESFJs I know.

..Don't care enough about the rest.

Characters

Edward: InFJ
I was intially thinking maybe INFP, but the INFJs I know definitely have self-control over me any day. I chose NF over SJ because he attempted suicide in the name of love. Very NF. I also thought about IntJ and IStP for Edward but reeeeally don't think so.

Bella: ISFP/ISFJ
It doesn't really matter which. Both fit whenever Meyer wants to make the next book more compelling and "sellable" than the one before it. For clarification, I have read all the books and watched the first movie (unfortunately), and Bella is certainly not an INFP. I was just waiting for someone to mistype yet another ISFP/ISFJ as INFP. Happens so often....

Jacob: eSTP
I wanted to say Jacob was introverted, but he was always wooting and hollering. I know very many ESTPs and ISTPs, and the "wooting and hollering" definitely goes to the ESTP. Makes the E/I distinction that much easier. Figuring out the STP part was easy. He's into cars and mechanics (Like, duh). Plus, he's prone to say something along the lines of, "I'm ready to have a goood time, guys! Let's do it! *pumps fist in the air*" Too STP!

Charlie: ISfJ
I keep picturing John C. Reilly as Charlie. There's just something about him. The only reason I can think of is because Reilly has a slightly goofy awkwardness about him that worked well with the characterization of Charlie. Definitely F but kind of serious, too.

Alice: ENFJ/ENFP with great use of Ni
Everyone loves her. Seriously. I haven't met a single person who's read the series and isn't enamored with her. Personally not a big fan. She's certainly cute and fun and zany and exciting, but too happy sometimes for my taste.

Emmett: ESfP
Adorable. Cuddly. Bunch of Fun. I was hesitant to put the F there but realized I was just projecting my own "F=female and T=male" prejudice onto it (Yes, I'm ashamed). He's too bright and shiny to be T... although he still could be. :unsure:

Carlisle: eNFJ
One of my favorite characters in the entire series. Gotta love a mature ENFJ.

Esme: INFP
She was also one of my favorite characters. Meyer hardly gave her any "stage time" in the books, but there was something about her that I loved. She was definitely Carlisle's cheerleader. The perfect INFP/ENFJ pairing when you think about it.

Jasper: Creep! ...I mean, ISTP/InfP/ISTJ/ISFP
I really don't know. It'd be cool if he and Alice could be an ENFP/ISTJ, "opposites attract" pair (and they very well may be), but I get P from him. And on top of that, his vampire power is to sense other people's emotions. That's so INFP it hurts. Or at least something from a F user. On the other hand though, I still think he's a T, hence the ISTP and ISTJ typing.

...Wait, scratch that. He changes people's moods as well. That screams "Fe, Fe, FE!!!". InFJ or ISFJ seems like a good assessment. Yeah, I think I'll say IxFJ.

Rosalie: ISTJ
Cold as ice. Reminds me of Angela from The Office.
ISTJ strong on the TJ.

Sidenote: By contributing to this thread, I have sold my soul.

CJ99
11-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Been a while since I read the books but I'd say

Bella INFJ

Couple of reasons. During her annoying dull to read (from a guys point of view) depression in new moon she starts going all adreniline junky which show a very unhealthy Se. Also her thought prossess is quite Ni-Ti orientated. For someone very emotional she is very logical at times. She is also clearly ver intuitive in her logic. Its far more make the connection then think it through briefly thus Ni-Ti. Fe is clearly secondary as she has a good understanding of the relationships between her girlfriends and all their boyfriends. But is detatched enough from it to be irritated by it all at times.

Edward - hmm tough definatly IxxJ. best guess is INTJ
Probably easier if I read book 5 on the website but I've only got internet in work so not possible the now.
Right don't think its despute able that edwards I. T makes sense as while yes you see lots of his emotions you have to remember you see that in a romantic book from the point of view of someone completely fallen for him therefore its biased. But some of the things he does are very logical. logical but clouded by an undeveloped emotional side. He also very practical in his logis and personal in his emotions thus TeFi. J is from his decisiveness in his decisions. He is able to make decisions and stick to them. Its far from impossible that hes P but i think its unlikely. finally N. This is what I'm unsure of because the difference between Si and Ni is very difficult to tell especially with a character with such hidden thoughts. But Ni wins out. Mainly because he seems very detatched from the world to me. For someone so able to see and experience it he seems so cynical and withdrawn. Also he is so extremely intelligent (not that ISTJ aren't) and so arrogant at times that INTJ makes more sense to me.

Funkadelic
11-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Bella's an INxP.

Edward is an ISFJ.

Jake is an ExFP

Charlie (Bella's dad) is an ISTJ

Bella's Mom is an ExFP.

Speed Gavroche
11-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Bella is INFJ for sure, I see some INTJ leanings with her though.

Funkadelic
11-25-2009, 03:57 PM

Did you see New Moon?

Bella is definitely a perceiver. She's fascinated in things she knows little about, and takes the necessary risks to understand. Definitely a 4w5 Enneagram. Think about her approach to Edward...she kept pushing and pushing to read all she could read until she knew. Perceivers are constantly looking for more information. Bella is always looking for more answers. And she has a knack for making spur of the moment decisions.

Her and Edward's relationship is the epitome of Fi.

Speed Gavroche
11-25-2009, 03:58 PM
?
No, what is it?

Funkadelic
11-25-2009, 04:04 PM
?
No, what is it?

New Moon is the squeal to Twilight. Bella clearly demonstrates how a Perceiver deals with pain and depression.

Speed Gavroche
11-25-2009, 04:05 PM
I think Bella is absolutely not a "live and let live" person.

Funkadelic
11-25-2009, 04:09 PM
I think Bella is absolutely not a "live and let live" person.

You clearly don't understand Fi then.

Speed Gavroche
11-25-2009, 04:12 PM
yeah, it's possible, but I really understand Se. And I think Bella's Se sucks.

Edgar
11-26-2009, 04:24 AM
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/396/twighlightend.jpg

SillySapienne
11-26-2009, 04:25 AM
Edgar, I love you!!!

:wub:

But, I love Edward Cullen a million times more!!!! :)

Edgar
11-26-2009, 04:54 AM
But, I love Edward Cullen a million times more!!!! :)

Here you go:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5800/twighlightsame.jpg

you can thank me later.

SillySapienne
11-26-2009, 04:57 AM
He is un-ruinable, so... :tongue10:

SillySapienne
11-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Just look at those smoldering eyes!!!

:drool:

InfiniteIntrigue
11-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Here you go:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5800/twighlightsame.jpg

you can thank me later.

Hahahaha YES.
I don't like Twilight.
I started watching New Moon online and was bored after a half hour.

InfiniteIntrigue
11-26-2009, 04:40 PM

...God I hope not.
Edward and Bella are too over-emotional to be INTJ's.
Most of us enjoy common sense :D

Biaxident
11-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Most of us enjoy common sense :D

That comment is suspect.

InfiniteIntrigue
11-26-2009, 04:47 PM
That comment is suspect.

Hahaha. I know. I'm extremely biased :)
I'm just saying the characters in Twilight seem to have little common sense.
The main character's relationship makes no sense to me.

Biaxident
11-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Hahaha. I know. I'm extremely biased :)
I'm just saying the characters in Twilight seem to have little common sense.
The main character's relationship makes no sense to me.

That's the problem with fiction, okay, most literature. Common sense generally makes for a boring story. ;)

CJ99
11-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Did you see New Moon?

No I read it!

Speed Gavroche
11-27-2009, 04:11 PM
I dislike and find Twilight boring too. It's hardly boring and there's no common sense. The only one value that movie defend is actually chastity. The main male character is a vampire just to make more acceptable the idea that Bella and Edward must'nt let express their instincts and fuck together, even if we actually don't really understand why. Edward is elsewhere the archetype of the conformist nice guy, and he's presented like a model. The success of this film would'nt probably be possible without the "moral values" come back and 8 years of bushism. But I can understand that sentimental girls like this.

Valuable_Money
11-29-2009, 01:51 AM
I dislike and find Twilight boring too. It's hardly boring and there's no common sense. The only one value that movie defend is actually chastity. The main male character is a vampire just to make more acceptable the idea that Bella and Edward must'nt let express their instincts and fuck together, even if we actually don't really understand why. Edward is elsewhere the archetype of the conformist nice guy, and he's presented like a model. The success of this film would'nt probably be possible without the "moral values" come back and 8 years of bushism. But I can understand that sentimental girls like this.
What are blabbering on about?

Edward: GHEY

Space_Oddity
11-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Uhm... I admit I find the endless effort to type such untypable characters quite amusing, but really, Bella and Edward can't be typed, because their characterization is close to zero. :doh:

We know next to nothing about Bella and Edward's personality, because all their actions and thoughts revolve about their hormone-driven infatuation; apart from that, their inner life is non-descript. Let's face it: even though the autor might be quite skilled at describing such a hormone-driven infatuation and presenting it as "fatal love", and thus fulfilling dreams of all girls who also think that infatuation = fatal love, she absolutely sucks at characterization. She's not even able to create proper "stereotypes" (well, maybe she sometimes succeeds at least in this when it comes to secondary characters, but definitely not the main couple), let alone types. My personal guess it that she initially wanted to make Bella an INFP (stereotypical "strange, dreamy heroine") and Edward an INTJ (the "Mr Darcy" romantic stereotype), but she utterly failed at both.

Therefore, if someone manages to type them, they can be sure that their own imagination played a bigger role in it than the autor's skills. (As an example, I have an ENFP friend who identifies with Bella to a T; the friend is currently infatuated with an ESFP, and she without any doubt thinks that he's very similar to Edward.:doh:) And the fact that people in this thread will never be able to come to a consensus about them is a good enough proof for that.

Little Linguist
11-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Uhm... I admit I find the endless effort to type such untypable characters quite amusing, but really, Bella and Edward can't be typed, because their characterization is close to zero. :doh:

We know next to nothing about Bella and Edward's personality, because all their actions and thoughts revolve about their hormone-driven infatuation; apart from that, their inner life is non-descript. Let's face it: even though the autor might be quite skilled at describing such a hormone-driven infatuation and presenting it as "fatal love", and thus fulfilling dreams of all girls who also think that infatuation = fatal love, she absolutely sucks at characterization. She's not even able to create proper "stereotypes" (well, maybe she sometimes succeeds at least in this when it comes to secondary characters, but definitely not the main couple), let alone types. My personal guess it that she initially wanted to make Bella an INFP (stereotypical "strange, dreamy heroine") and Edward an INTJ (the "Mr Darcy" romantic stereotype), but she utterly failed at both.

Therefore, if someone manages to type them, they can be sure that their own imagination played a bigger role in it than the autor's skills. (As an example, I have an ENFP friend who identifies with Bella to a T; the friend is currently infatuated with an ESFP, and she without any doubt thinks that he's very similar to Edward.:doh:) And the fact that people in this thread will never be able to come to a consensus about them is a good enough proof for that.

Agreed to an extent. An XNFP-INTJ FAIL!

By the way, is this the same ENFP friend you were referring to in the thread I made? If so, I think she and I are twins. :D

She tried to make P & P combined with fantasy and vampire elements, and rather forgot the characterization....

Space_Oddity
11-29-2009, 01:31 PM

She tried to make P & P combined with fantasy and vampire elements, and rather forgot the characterization....

Agreed.;) I admit I find it annoying also because I sometimes try to write "P&P combined with fantasy elements" stories as well:D, but I always pay a lot of attention to characterization, so when I see that someone slacked off and threw it away completely makes me mad. It could have been done so much better; every freaking anime with 5,5 fans has more believable characters than this.:doh:

By the way, is this the same ENFP friend you were referring to in the thread I made? If so, I think she and I are twins. :D

No, not really (the girl I directly referred to there actually hates Twilight:blush:), but your description kind of reminded me of the ENFP I referred to here as well. Actually, it reminded me of her quite a lot (she is very talented in languages, she always groans aloud when someone in class says something idiotic, she can't concentrate if she's not interested...), but she overall seems less "intellectual" to me and more of a "natural disaster":) than you and she definitely doesn't have such strong values. But if you had more similar upbringing, you might have ended up being very, very similar people.:)

InfiniteIntrigue
11-29-2009, 10:15 PM

I can deal with ENFP's in small doses. INFP's inability to touch reality is what bugs me more.

I despised Bella.

Valuable_Money
11-29-2009, 10:29 PM

I agree that edward was probably supposed to be some sort of NT.
What wit hthe memorizing of pi and all that crap.
I still cant believe that girls eat these books/movies up like this,
movies like this that were aimed at guys (species, bloodrayne ect)
stop being blockbusters a long time ago. That is because men discovered somthing called "Google Images" apparently women didnt get the memo.

Seriously just type in "Hot idian guy shirtless" I just saved you 8 bucks at the theater ladies :newwink:

tango
11-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Am I really responding to something with this topic? Rhetorical, this is about to happen. Edward's an INTJ. Being a thinking type doesn't denature your ability to fall in love. An INTJ can fall in love and not be romantic about it at first, as you see in the beginning. It takes him a while to get used to being intimate with her, and he shows the characteristic discomfort (hilarious if you know an INTJ) when showing feelings like an INTJ. Especially before she grows on him. A little obsessive with the 'I stare at you at night' thing (Okay, whoever thought that was romantic is damn crazy, way to fuel my paranoia) but INTJ's can be a heck load more obsessive than that with other things. Also. Why does he like that meek, scared, self-esteem deprived, unintelligent girl? He is a thinking type. Think about this: Everyone else? He knows what they think already. He gains nothing, learns nothing more than he already knows by talking to them. They are uninteresting, their usefulness is next to none. Especially because he's too morally righteous to eat the suckers. What does he gain from that girl? His curiosity is not instantly sated, because he doesn't know every damn thing she's about to say. Obvious. So by talking to her, his learning and growth of intellect is supplemented. INTJ with a big, giant, hokey love crush. We know what you are Edward. Go eat your damn heart out.

Quinlan
11-29-2009, 11:01 PM
A little obsessive with the 'I stare at you at night' thing (Okay, whoever thought that was romantic is damn crazy, way to fuel my paranoia) but INTJ's can be a heck load more obsessive than that with other things.

That was one of the many laugh out loud moments in these films.

tango
11-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I'd probably throw that into the amateur romantic comedy pile; heavy on the comedy. If I can say one thing about the movie, it made me laugh. Although yes, they're going to get me to see new moon for one reason, and one reason only. And it's that son of a werewolf with his dark hair, tan skin.

A592
12-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Edward an INTJ? No way. I've read the books (unfortunately), and almost every single thing Edward did irritated me. He's too emotional for an INTJ. I'm thinking he's an SJ though.
The characters are hard to type most of the time because the characters just don't have that much depth and they aren't that well written. Edward's especially difficult because he's designed to be fallen in love with by every teenage girl on the planet.

InfiniteIntrigue
12-10-2009, 05:31 AM
Edward an INTJ? No way. I've read the books (unfortunately), and almost every single thing Edward did irritated me. He's too emotional for an INTJ. I'm thinking he's an SJ though.
The characters are hard to type most of the time because the characters just don't have that much depth and they aren't that well written. Edward's especially difficult because he's designed to be fallen in love with by every teenage girl on the planet.

thank god someone agrees.
I despise Edward!

DiscoBiscuit
12-10-2009, 05:32 AM
LOL @ glittery vampires.

InfiniteIntrigue
12-29-2009, 09:40 AM
Bella is IxFJ
Edward is IxxJ but definitely not an NT.

They both annoy me.
I think Bella was supposed to be an INFP.
I think Meyer wanted her to be an N, but I see nothing creative about her.
I also don't see her looking towards the future either.
I think Edward was supposed to be a T,
but if so he's an ST.
*Reading this book reminded me of my bestfriend when reading Bella's whining. Unfortunately, we didn't stay friends much longer after the book. Her and her boyfriend had the same twisted, "I love you after three days relationship" as Ed and Bella. *

Unkindloving
12-29-2009, 10:42 PM
You know why they are difficult to type?
Because there's hardly anything to them -__-. There weren't just plot holes in the books.. there were severe character-development-holes.
A bag of sand is likely more complex than the majority of characters Stephanie Meyer conjured up.

Bubbleboy
12-31-2009, 12:19 PM
The characters are hard to type most of the time because the characters just don't have that much depth and they aren't that well written.
Which is why I'm surprised anyone is even trying to take the setting seriously.

Litvyak
02-11-2010, 06:24 PM
I saw the first movie yesterday, and it was not half as bad as I expected it to be.
(watching it directly after Citizen Kaine was like reading manga after Ulysses :D )

Strong first impressions:

Bella - INFJ
Edward - ISTP

Valuable_Money
02-12-2010, 11:03 PM
I saw the first movie yesterday, and it was not half as bad as I expected it to be.
(watching it directly after Citizen Kaine was like reading manga after Ulysses :D )

Strong first impressions:

Bella - INFJ
Edward - ISTP

Wait not even half as bad?

Good lord I didnt think it was possible to think of somthing so bad

Litvyak
02-12-2010, 11:08 PM
4/10.

Mildly funny. Retry?

Valuable_Money
02-12-2010, 11:10 PM
4/10.

Mildly funny. Retry?

Holy shit.
A twilight fan.
A real one.

this will be fun

Litvyak
02-12-2010, 11:17 PM
No, no, you're doing it all wrong. There has to be some elitist package for your ad hominem trollbait to prove your intellectual superiority.

Or at least be a little more agressive. Like, try this: "Holy shit, you're a Twilight fan, and your feet stink". I'm sure you'll eventually manage to provoke an emotional response.

Please do your best, I'll be watching your growth process with great interest.

BlackCat
02-13-2010, 03:04 AM
I thought twilight was cool. :P

Ratsimoan
03-26-2010, 03:24 AM
You got to be fooling me--Alice an enfj-lol. I know enfjs and they don't act like her. She is the typical enfp. She's so unique and stands out in a crowd-a characteristic of enfp.

ElizaJane
03-26-2010, 03:43 AM
My thoughts after reading the books and most of this thread:

Bella, ISFP
Edward, INTJ
Jacob, ESFP

Edward was the hard one to type, but I'm pretty confident now. At first I thought INFJ because he has that tortured soul thing going on, like Dostoevsky or Beethoven. But if he were an "F," I think he would have sought companionship before finding Bella, and I don't think he would have decided to let her go in New Moon.

Tallulah
03-26-2010, 11:08 PM
I sincerely don't see how anyone genuinely likes these characters. I watched both movies with a Rifftrax (highly recommend!), but the whole time, I was thinking how there have never been two more boring lead characters in recent memory. They hem and haw and blink and pause and look vaguely bored, and we're supposed to find them mysterious and fascinating? I don't get it.

I agree with the poster who said that Bella was supposed to be INFP, but she doesn't really show enough depth to be seen as a fully-fledged, typeable human being. I'd say INxJ for Edward. He doesn't seem all that T to me. Both characters just seem to be there to be the embodiment of teenage unrequited love. They are not complex.

Phantonym
03-26-2010, 11:15 PM
I liked the movies. The whole time I watched them I kept thinking that the people should really get out of the frame, they're keeping me from enjoying the nature shots. :) I didn't bother typing them because the characters just didn't bother me at all...it's like they never existed because they left virtually no mark on my brain. The movies gave me a good feeling, so I don't feel ripped off, I never expected much from them to begin with.

Litvyak
03-26-2010, 11:23 PM
I watched the second movie. As much as I liked the first one, I immediately knew New Moon wouldn't be my cup of tea.
Awful, just plain awful and boring.

InfiniteIntrigue
03-27-2010, 02:16 AM
I don't think they have types. Actually I've decided this.
If they did, Ed/Bella = Introvert.
Jacob/Alice=Extrovert

I don't remember any of the other characters. All I know is that Nikki Reed looks awful with blonde hair.

gigi_xo
03-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Can someone PLEASE give me ANY evidence to suggest ANY character in these addicting but poorly written books are N's?

How are they anything but isfj and isfp? (edward the J, Bella the P)

where's all their abstract thought? Their ideas? Their symbolism?

They're quiet brooding, moody, teenagers.

well, edward is technically a brooding, moody old man =]

InfiniteIntrigue
03-28-2010, 03:43 AM
where's all their abstract thought? Their ideas? Their symbolism?

Bella's special because Edward can't read her mind = N.

LMAO. I'm kidding. You got me.

Loxias
03-28-2010, 03:50 AM
Do you think there are types that are more likely to read twilight than others?

Valuable_Money
03-28-2010, 04:26 PM
I watched the second movie. As much as I liked the first one, I immediately knew New Moon wouldn't be my cup of tea.
Awful, just plain awful and boring.

New Moon wasnt really that boring, well, compared to the first one.

New Moon kind of confirms ISFP for bella. Shes got unhealthy Fi to the max

Litvyak
03-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Do you think there are types that are more likely to read twilight than others?

F types. Possibly xnFx?

SillySapienne
03-28-2010, 06:06 PM
:hi:

I'm an ENFP, and I've been reading romance novels since 9th grade.

Some romance-esque novels that NTs might not scoff at are...

The Scarlet Letter

Fight Club

Survivor

A Farewell to Arms

Pride and Prejudice

(And it's too early in the morning for me, so that's all I can think of at the moment :D)

I think that Female Fs are more prone to reading romance novels, ummm, duh?!!?

I gobbled all four of the Twilight books with glee, and yeah, some of it was utterly retarded, but, whatever, it was entertaining, and I love me some romance, and if I can defend Stephanie Meyer at all, is that she does know how to create pretty good characters, and maintains a solid inter-character dynamic within her novels.

Is her writing complex?

No.

Are her characters complex?

Far from it.

But, I'm not ashamed to admit to the fact that I have a huge crush on the fictional Edward Cullen, that I love Carlisle's and Bella's father's characters. :wub:

Even Jacob has his moments.

My best friend who is an INTP just started reading them, she works in the publishing industry in nyc, and even she could appreciate them for what they were.

I also am not afraid to admit that I am a sucker for some relatively cheesy romantic comedies.

French Kiss: loved it

Hitch: loved it

Kate and Leopold: :peepwall: loved it

And that's all the cheesy ones I can think of at the moment, though I genuinely think French Kiss is a good movie!

:)

JocktheMotie
03-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Ha, my ISTP brother read them and liked them, and he barely reads. But I am not ready to take the plunge. Was never really a vampire person. Or a romance person for that matter.

In general, I'm not afraid of more cheesy things. I like what I like, what can I do. I also found Hitch hilarious and for some reason I like every Matt McConaughey movie ever made.

/shame

Valuable_Money
03-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Fight Club

...Is it a romance between him and Tyler?
Well technically I think thats masturbation

Unkindloving
03-28-2010, 09:39 PM
I rarely read, but i enjoyed all four books as i read them.
Then i decided to recount what had happened in them and could only come up with this expression - :huh:

They've got some magical power that makes you think you're reading a highly involved series. You get trapped up in this world where the characters actually have depth and where you're gripping for what's next. A lot of people, especially youngins, can't shake themselves loose from that world.

The woman shat out four books and the only props i can give her is for making it seem like there is more than there is. Subliminal messages or something. :shocking:

Tallulah
03-28-2010, 09:45 PM
My sister read three of the books because everyone around her was reading them and she wanted to be able to discuss them with her friends. She thought they were terrible, but was so frustrated at not understanding why everyone loved them so much that she re-read the first book, and then almost read it again before I stopped her. :-P She's an ISTJ.

I get liking fluff, but I have no desire to give this series a shot--especially having seen two of the movies.

I admit, though, I have never been particularly fascinated by vampires. Or werewolves. or whatever flavor of monster she might fall in love with in book 3.

Loxias
03-28-2010, 09:46 PM
I think it must be reptilian propaganda. What Unkindloving says matches.

Unkindloving
03-28-2010, 09:51 PM
I get liking fluff, but I have no desire to give this series a shot--especially having seen two of the movies.

For a good laugh and 'wtf' moment, you should borrow the fourth book from someone. It's the only one that is worth anything and not because it's good in the slightest.
Since i finished it, i've been trying to wrap my mind around what the hell the movie will look like.

Tallulah
03-28-2010, 10:11 PM
For a good laugh and 'wtf' moment, you should borrow the fourth book from someone. It's the only one that is worth anything and not because it's good in the slightest.
Since i finished it, i've been trying to wrap my mind around what the hell the movie will look like.

Haha! Now, that is intriguing!

ElizaJane
03-29-2010, 01:26 AM
Can someone PLEASE give me ANY evidence to suggest ANY character in these addicting but poorly written books are N's?

Regarding my typing Edward as INTJ: I don't think a character who can read minds can be typed as anything other than "N."

SillySapienne
03-29-2010, 07:38 AM
...Is it a romance between him and Tyler?
Well technically I think thats masturbation
Nope, it was between him and Marla Singer, I take it you didn't read the book.

Craft
03-29-2010, 07:49 AM
I don't think a character who can read minds can be typed as anything other than "N."

How exactly?

SillySapienne
03-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Mind reading is very empathy/intuition driven, not in the mbti sense, per se, but in the real world sense.

I'd type edward as an INTJ.

Anamalech
08-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Robert Pattinson - INFJ
Taylor Lautner - ENFJ
Kristen Stewart - INFP
Ashley Greene - INFJ
Kellen Lutz - ENFJ
Peter Facinelli - ESFJ

Orangey
08-30-2010, 01:09 AM
Robert Pattinson - INFJ
Taylor Lautner - ENFJ
Kristen Stewart - INFP
Ashley Greene - INFJ
Kellen Lutz - ENFJ
Peter Facinelli - ESFJ

Yeah, a cast just FULL of Ns. The likelihood of this alone should make you realize that most, if not all, of your typings are wrong.

Anamalech
08-30-2010, 01:13 AM
Yeah, a cast just FULL of Ns. The likelihood of this alone should make you realize that most, if not all, of your typings are wrong.

Ns are superior to Ss

Orangey
08-30-2010, 01:16 AM
Ns are superior to Ss

Then why would they be in Twilight?

Anamalech
08-30-2010, 01:18 AM
Then why would they be in Twilight?

They make millions.

Orangey
08-30-2010, 01:19 AM
They make millions.

So?

chihuahuasrluv
08-30-2010, 02:26 AM
Robert Pattinson - INFJ
Taylor Lautner - ENFJ
Kristen Stewart - INFP
Ashley Greene - INFJ
Kellen Lutz - ENFJ
Peter Facinelli - ESFJ

Taylor's a sensor. Where do you see the intuition?

Rob's more infp but infj doesn't sound too far off.

Ashley is more isfj or esfj. She's very kind and just reminds me a lot of Fruits Basket's Tohru :).

Kristen is no feeler. An infp would not pull the public attitude she sometimes give. Us NFs think it but we don't say it. I personally related to her when it comes to the introversion. Like her I'm very awkward in public but unlike her I'm better at not showing how much I dread being in public. I go out of my way to try to make people not feel awkward around me. I think that's part of being a feeler type.

Kellen's a sensor. Very in the moment & aware in his acting & in public. Cool guy.

Evan
09-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Can't believe I'm bumping this thread.

Edward - INTJ (duh)
Bella - ISFP (duh)
Jacob - ESTP
Charlie - ISTJ
Carlisle - INFJ
Alice - ENFsomething
Esme - some FJ, her character was way underdeveloped
Rosalie - ESTP
Emmett - ESTP also?
Jasper - ENTP
Renee - no idea, but probably F

yea

skylights
09-13-2010, 07:41 AM
You know why they are difficult to type?
Because there's hardly anything to them -__-. There weren't just plot holes in the books.. there were severe character-development-holes.
A bag of sand is likely more complex than the majority of characters Stephanie Meyer conjured up.

it's both her wild success and her complete failure. every girl can see herself in bella and her ideal man in edward. but when you try to look at just bella or just edward... well, there's just not much there...

Bella is IxFJ
Edward is IxxJ but definitely not an NT.

They both annoy me.
I think Bella was supposed to be an INFP.
I think Meyer wanted her to be an N, but I see nothing creative about her.
I also don't see her looking towards the future either.
I think Edward was supposed to be a T,
but if so he's an ST.

hahaha i agree with this. i think bella was meant to be INFP and edward was meant to be ISTJ, but it didn't really work out. i mean, you know, you kind of have to have characterization to have actual characters.

it's like stephenie meyer wouldn't let either of them have real flaws that run opposite their strengths, only flaws we're supposed to be able to accept/associate with.

incidentally...

here is how bella is described by meyer, on her personal website:

very fair-skinned, with long, straight, dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. Her face is heart-shaped—a wide forehead with a widow's peak, large, wide-spaced eyes, prominent cheekbones, and then a thin nose and a narrow jaw with a pointed chin. Her lips are a little out of proportion, a bit too full for her jaw line. Her eyebrows are darker than her hair and more straight than they are arched. She's five foot four inches tall, slender but not at all muscular, and weighs about 115 pounds. She has stubby fingernails because she has a nervous habit of biting them

who does this resemble?

http://www.accesshollywood.com/content/images/123/originals/123089_stephenie-meyer-could-breaking-dawn-ever-be-too-sexy.jpg

Speed Gavroche
09-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Edward is an INFJ and Bella is an ISFP, I think.

Little Linguist
09-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Reaction to whole thread:

Oh, ferk, no!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are all these Ns coming from?

The next time I hear some durpety durp durp call Alice an ENFP, I'm gonna puke on 'em.

No one in those books was an N....no one...that I can see.

"Oh, yay, they tell the future and read minds, so they must be Ns."

***red error buzzer***

These were senses to them. Sixth and seventh senses, sure, but senses nonetheless. As soon as he meets someone his senses cannot penetrate, he's LOST. Same with Alice. She cannot 'see' past the werewolves and their 'stench'. Oh, yeah, guys really ENFP right there. Organizing parties and decorating everything like crazy. Loves shopping and fashion. Correcting shitty fashion. Organizing other people's weddings. Always doing shit for other people even when they don't ask. Overbearing, overexuberant. The hostess of parties galore. Sounds really ENFP to me. /end sarcasm

And Edward. Sure, he's smart, creative, loner, strange, and musical, yay he must be an N. WTF? There are wayyyy smart, observant, creative, great SJs that also think outside the box when need be. I really, really, REALLY don't see the N though. Sure I guess an NT can act all overprotective and stuff with people they love and also feel intensely, but it is not about that.

Granted, I have no idea, maybe he is an INTJ...but I really, really, really think ISTJ.

Edward: ISTJ
Bella: ISFP
Jacob: ISTP
Alice: ESFX
Emmett: ESXP
Rosalie: XSTJ
Jasper: ISFJ
Carlisle: ESFJ
Esme: ISFJ
Reneesme: ISFJ
The mother: ESFP
The father: ISTJ

Minor characters: mostly SPs except her BFF who is like a raging ESXJ. The pack of werewolves are mostly SP/SJ; the vampires are nearly all SP/SJ;

Seriously, the redeeming quality of the books is that you can get lost in a world of thought so different from you own. And that it is so easily written that you don't have to think - Ă  la Harry Potter.

I don't relate to any of those characters. Really. The closest one I MIGHT come to is the mother. Maybe. But still, I wouldn't be so in the moment - "Let's get married when I'm still 18 and have a kid and run off 3 months later, and marry someone 20 years younger than me 20 years later, and scurry here and there." I'd be thinking, "I cannot get married now, holy shit, I wanna go to college, and get a good job and have a career, and I don't want a baby, I'M still a baby, and that's so much responsibility, and well, I want to do this and that and that and that......15 years from now I'd really regret it and probably freaking hate my kid because I was still a kid, and my kid would hate me, and I don't want that either. Besides, who is this fuckwit I'm with? I hardly know the guy. And I'm so incompatible...totally not doable in the long term, and who wants to live in a stupid shithole like this my whole life? Oh nooooo, hell no, I'm moving on, and byeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

ubee0173
09-13-2010, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=Little Linguist;1325652]
These were senses to them. Sixth and seventh senses, sure, but senses nonetheless. As soon as he meets someone his senses cannot penetrate, he's LOST. Same with Alice. She cannot 'see' past the werewolves and their 'stench'. Oh, yeah, guys really ENFP right there. Organizing parties and decorating everything like crazy. Loves shopping and fashion. Correcting shitty fashion. Organizing other people's weddings. Always doing shit for other people even when they don't ask. Overbearing, overexuberant. The hostess of parties galore. Sounds really ENFP to me. /end sarcasm

QUOTE]

i dunno, the only reason i ever read the damn books in ther first place is because my brother wouldnt stop calling me alice. and eventually she gets over the wolf thing- just stubborn i think enfp was pretty spot on. as for everyone else... i might give that one a go later, when i dont feel like im going to die of sinus explosion :).

Little Linguist
09-13-2010, 05:16 PM
OMG seriously!!!!!! ENFP???????????

I cannot relate to her at ALL. :shrug::doh:

skylights
09-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Same with Alice. She cannot 'see' past the werewolves and their 'stench'.

true, but she theorizes that she can't tell with them because she's never been one, not because she doesn't like them. she says she's best at vampires, okay at humans, and can't do anyone else - because she is a vampire, was a human, and has never been anything else.

Oh, yeah, guys really ENFP right there. Organizing parties and decorating everything like crazy. Loves shopping and fashion. Correcting shitty fashion. Organizing other people's weddings. Always doing shit for other people even when they don't ask. Overbearing, overexuberant. The hostess of parties galore. Sounds really ENFP to me. /end sarcasm

actually, i love all this stuff, lol. i'm not arguing that she couldn't be ESFP, but i am arguing that you're claiming her not to be ENFP only because you don't see yourself in her. i feel like i relate to her more than i relate to you - no offense at all, just thought-wise - but that doesn't make you not an ENFP...

tkae.
09-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Edward is an INFJ and Bella is an ISFP, I think.

The pimple on my ass he is :shock:

There is no way in hell he's an NF anything.

He is the antithesis to what NF's stand for :doh:

ubee0173
09-13-2010, 06:40 PM
:shock:
OMG seriously!!!!!! ENFP???????????

I cannot relate to her at ALL. :shrug::doh:

its scary- i now close my blinds so i dont have to see a stephanie meyer out there- thats how spooky a resemblance there is.

Aleksei
09-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Edward- Fagtastic INTJ, 4w5 sx/sp
Bella- ISFP, 5w4 sx/so

Little Linguist
09-13-2010, 09:12 PM
true, but she theorizes that she can't tell with them because she's never been one, not because she doesn't like them. she says she's best at vampires, okay at humans, and can't do anyone else - because she is a vampire, was a human, and has never been anything else.

actually, i love all this stuff, lol. i'm not arguing that she couldn't be ESFP, but i am arguing that you're claiming her not to be ENFP only because you don't see yourself in her. i feel like i relate to her more than i relate to you - no offense at all, just thought-wise - but that doesn't make you not an ENFP...

Wow. Seriously? Argh. You LOVE THAT stuff? Oh, help. :shock: Just goes to show how many different varieties of one type can be out there. ***shudders to think of having to be Alice for a day***

Aleksei
09-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Bella is actually the most ISFP-ish ISFP there ever was, whether Skylights relates to her or not. Her commentary throughout the whole book consists of describing everything around her in perfect detail, as if she were describing a fine painting, and then snarking about it.

Little Linguist
09-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Could very well be. I still fail to see how Alice is ENFP or Edward INTJ.

I'm not being argumentative. Maybe I don't understand it right or missed stuff - I'm not like an expert on the series. But I just don't see it. :blush:

skylights
09-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Bella is actually the most ISFP-ish ISFP there ever was, whether Skylights relates to her or not. Her commentary throughout the whole book consists of describing everything around her in perfect detail, as if she were describing a fine painting, and then snarking about it.

we were talking about alice, aleksei, and i said to LL that i actually relate a lot to alice's interests and behavior, even though she does not. i don't feel like i've read the series closely enough to make a call on her typing though.

i agree with you about ISFP for bella.

Speed Gavroche
09-14-2010, 06:40 AM
Edward: INTJ

Too much emo.

Evan
09-14-2010, 06:49 AM
"Oh, yay, they tell the future and read minds, so they must be Ns."

***red error buzzer***

You not relating to characters doesn't affect their type whatsoever.

And Edward. Sure, he's smart, creative, loner, strange, and musical, yay he must be an N. WTF? There are wayyyy smart, observant, creative, great SJs that also think outside the box when need be. I really, really, REALLY don't see the N though. Sure I guess an NT can act all overprotective and stuff with people they love and also feel intensely, but it is not about that.

Sounds like you just don't want him to be N because you don't relate to him. You haven't provided any evidence.

Too much emo.

So he's an F?

At least aleksei agrees.

Little Linguist
09-14-2010, 01:16 PM
No, I haven't produced any evidence. I have produced impressions and asked you to provide evidence.

You haven't provided evidence either, so since you made the initial claim, the burden is on you to prove your point.

I merely pointed out that I do not see where this assertion originates.

In addition, I stated that I am not an expert at either Twilight or MBTI, so I would like to understand where this assertion originates.

Other than attempting to debunk my statement, you didn't really produce anything.

So let's get back on track, and maybe you can show me how you came to your conclusion.

Thanks.

Aleksei
09-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Too much emo.
INTJs are Fi-tertiary and can be unbelievably emo. INTJs are actually the T type most likely to be emotionally charged.

I actually suspect that a lot of purported INFJ Fours are actually INTJs stuck in dom-tert loops. Frankly i don't think INFJ 4 is anywhere close to being as common as it appears -- Enneagram 4 is a deeply Fi-ish type.

Little Linguist
09-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Curious: What does an emo INTJ entail, exactly? Honestly, I find it difficult to imagine an emo INTJ, so it would be helpful to know what we are talking about so as to better understand.

Rhapsody
09-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Bella: ISFJ - One of her major character traits is how much she likes constancy (dom Si). She spends the whole first book longing to go back to Phoenix (to return to what she's used to) and other characters comment on how much she likes stability, how much she hangs on to things, how much she's like Charlie (an ISTJ). She also takes care of both her parents, which seems much more like an IFJ than an IFP. True, she's angsty and romantic and feels like she doesn't fit in, but I've known ISFJs like that, and I also think it's more related to her being a teenager than her type.

Edward: IxTJ - His traditional streak seems SJ, but the way he tries to control Bella (like by taking the engine out of her car) seems like an unhealthy INTJ.

Alice: ESFP - I agree with Little Linguist that she's an S. All of her interests are concrete (fashion, planning parties, fast cars). Which isn't to say an N can't like those things, but I'd also expect to see her show some evidence of abstraction if she were an ENFP, and she doesn't (aside from her power, which doesn't count since, as LL said, she uses it the way a normal person would use their eyes or ears).

Jasper: INTJ (maybe a calculating INFJ?) - Even though he can control people's emotions, he seems driven by logic. He uses fear to control the lawyer in the last book (versus Bella, who as an F approaches the lawyer with kindness). When Bella gets turned into a vampire, he's also the only one who is suspicious of her ability to control herself and isn't concerned with the fact that this hurts her feelings. Maybe I could see ENTP, but he seems like too much of a subdued loner to be one.

Carlisle: ENFJ
Esme: ISFJ
Emmett: ESTP
Rosalie: ESTJ
Renee: ENFP
Charlie: ISTJ

Jacob: ESfP
Sam: ISTJ
Leah: ESTP

Aro (head of the Volturi): ENtP?

Wow, that was a lot of analysis for some very bad books, lol.

Gish
09-15-2010, 11:33 PM
As a political statement can we put this thread in the graveyard?

Seymour
09-15-2010, 11:42 PM
As a political statement can we put this thread in the graveyard?

Like a vampire, it would just come back from the dead.

Killjoy
09-16-2010, 01:41 AM
Edward: IxTJ - His traditional streak seems SJ, but the way he tries to control Bella (like by taking the engine out of her car) seems like an unhealthy INTJ.

That seems more like an unhealthy XSTJ trait to me. I'd imagine a realtionship with an unhealthy INTJ would be marked more by neglect and lack of communication/affection rather than possessiveness and control.

Orangey
09-16-2010, 02:15 AM
That seems more like an unhealthy XSTJ trait to me. I'd imagine a realtionship with an unhealthy INTJ would be marked more by neglect and lack of communication/affection rather than possessiveness and control.

Agreed.

Rhapsody
09-16-2010, 11:43 PM

Interesting and duly noted! I actually do see Edward as more of an ISTJ than an INTJ, so I am happy to have more evidence for the ISTJ typing. :)

For the record, the reasons why I thought that example pointed to INTJ are:

a) It seemed like he was doing some creative, elaborate scheming when he decided to take out her engine, etc., which I associate more with the xNTJ stereotype than the xSTJ one.

b) From personal experience, my INTJ mom tends to express love by trying to control her loved ones (and it's only when she's mad at someone that she shuts them out and becomes neglectful). But of course that's purely anecdotal evidence.

Aleksei
09-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Why would this be the case for one but not the other? INTJs have the same ethical function in the same position as ISTJs. INTJs can actually get very possessive about relationships, because oftentimes they envision an idealized "happily ever after" vision of them, and refuse to let go of it. One particular trait separating INTJ romance from INFJ or INFP romance (that I've observed), for example, is that INTJs don't ever move on after a break-up. They pine after their lost love for years.

Evan
09-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Why would this be the case for one but not the other? INTJs have the same ethical function in the same position as ISTJs. INTJs can actually get very possessive about relationships, because oftentimes they envision an idealized "happily ever after" vision of them, and refuse to let go of it. One particular trait separating INTJ romance from INFJ or INFP romance (that I've observed), for example, is that INTJs don't ever move on after a break-up. They pine after their lost love for years.

Speaking of which, what do you think of Bill from True Blood? INTJ also?

Mr. Sherlock Holmes
09-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Like a vampire, it would just come back from the dead.

Whut? I thought vampires grew as fetuses until they kill their parents by breaking out of their uterus.:shock:

carli37
03-11-2012, 06:45 AM
i relate to bella alot, so i think she might be an infj, shes very mature, responsible, caring, stubborn, intelligent, diciplined, emotional but private and she's co-dependant, thats definitely an infj trait, also she gets super depressed and infj's do to, and im talking from previous experiance here. i am sure theres something off about her that i can't place or relate to, but the more i think about it every single quality of hers is so similar to mine.
edward... hes definitely an IxFx, and if he could read people well in his previous life (u know cus he brought that over into his vampire life) than i think he must be an Ni, though he seems very in the now type so i dont really know.
as for the other people i can't really be bothered to think about them, hehe :), sorry

highlander
03-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Well, I liked the first movie a lot. The second one was OK but nothing special. The third one was incredibly boring.

man
03-07-2014, 02:56 AM
i think jacob is enfp

Nihilogen
03-07-2014, 03:23 AM
Twilight sparkle (http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/078/c/d/twilight_sparkle_by_hopskocz-d4t8kpt.png) is INTP. (http://cartoonoveranalyzations.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/mbti_pony.jpg)

LadyLazarus
03-07-2014, 04:11 AM
From what I remember from my gross younger years Bella seemed to shift from ISFJ to ISFP throughout all the books, no doubt due to the author's lack of consistency among other things...

Edward seems like he was *intended* to be seen as an INTJ, although that too fell flat due to the aforementioned inconsistencies throughout the books.Overall, he comes across as an ISFJ most of the time.

Jacob seems to be the only one with a semi-clearly defined personality within that mess, if I recall correctly he appeared to be an ESFP.

KarenParker
03-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Bella - INFP
Edward -INFP
Jacob - ESTJ

Woah! Jacob is their exact opposite!

Doomkid
04-04-2014, 02:42 AM
bella INFJ

edward INFP

jacob ESTP

I don't watch it though, I swear