• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Little problem here

T

ThatGirl

I have an eight page research paper due tomorrow and all week I have not time to physically go to the library. The college I am attending has an online library thing but you need a password. I submit my e mail on monday and decided to focus on my other work untill i got a response. I have no topic, due tomorrow, and no password.

I need to find a topic and get acess to scholarly journals, books and other recouses but my searches are not leading to anything useful. I am not paying for anything.

Any suggestions?

T

ThatGirl

Droppen ze klass?

its too late.

I wasnt sure what to write about. First I thought, could serial killers be rehabilitated, could jurassic park really happen, or does altruism exist. I don't really know.

What are some good topics with scientific resources that can be acessed through the internet?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
The college library or password center, if you call, should have your username and password.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Call up anyone you know in the same college and use their user/pass?

S

Sniffles

I wasnt sure what to write about. First I thought, could serial killers be rehabilitated, could jurassic park really happen, or does altruism exist. I don't really know.

Concerning serial killers, that's a tricky question. I'd say yes and no. It depends on the psychology of the particular individual involved - but that issue alone gets very complicated. After all, insanity is a legal, not a scientific, concept.

I never had to write about serial killers per se, but I did have to write about the effectiveness of rehabilitation programs for criminals in general. My research showed that given enough support and planned with enough long-term vision - they can be very effective. However, fully implementing such programs often conflict with the short-term policies and viewpoints of the political establishments.

What are some good topics with scientific resources that can be acessed through the internet?

Many academic sources can be accessed through the internet, if you just google about the particular topic you're thinking of.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have an assload of random journal articles I saved (nerd) over the past two years. They cover topics from marriage to gossip to mirror neurons to metacognition. If you PM me your email, I'll send em over. I'll probably zip them. They're all in PDF.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I went to the supermarket today, and bought an apple. The prices of apples went up, I don't care though, because inflation is boring.

Also, I am wondering if I should paint my nails red or pink.