• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Choose my career!

Choose of Lose

• Total voters

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Pluses/Minuses

Psychotherapist - I love taking people apart, interacting, helping, seeing the big picture, using humor to make people feel good, could teach workshops, could integrate Zen, I could write / exhaustion, shyness might set in

Research Psychologist - Love teaching (probably the most of anything), enjoy coming up with ideas and merging ideas, enjoy the academic setting, I could write / politics, funding, research too tedious

Attorney - Enjoy debate, already have the degree, could help people, $$$ / tedious, constant confrontation, doesn't promote other goals like compassion

Human ethologist - awesome, but might get boring / no money, no schools, no one will hire me, involves research

School isn't a big deal for me, and I could figure out a way to get funding.

So America, cast your vote!

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think research psych could be a very good career for you, as you are already so interested in learning about the human condition.

But, I still voted for Jewish Apache circus clown.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
"Get paid doing something you love" is a cute idea, but as an attorney you could still incorporate your talent and passion for psychotherapy into your life with your family and friends as you already do, naturally.

A lot of people can't make big money. If you've got the opportunity, don't be a foolio.

But, I don't know how stressful and taxing being an attorney is, so if it's considerable, then disregard my advice.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Do what you love. No matter what.

Have you considered public interest law, though?

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out

Yes. Exactly.

I don't know what a human ethologist even is.

But your top career choices are uncannily similar to my own.

You already have the degree for becoming an attorney?

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Psychotherapist: Your face makes me want to tell you things.

Other: Comedian. As in, one man show in a dark little place, muttering dry one-liners.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Research Psychologist - Love teaching (probably the most of anything), enjoy coming up with ideas and merging ideas, enjoy the academic setting, I could write / politics, funding, research too tedious

^ seems to mix what you enjoy and what you're good at.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd pick Research Psychologist. If you don't enjoy research enough, maybe you can avoid it to a degree depending on what your position is like and focus on teaching and coming up with research ideas, and leave the technical and dry aspect of research to the research assistants.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Late-night talk show host. The money's good, and people keep watching you out of habit, whether you're funny or not.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i chose research. i'm a bit biased, because that's my own goal too, but the reasons for it i think should speak to you too. what i like the most is the originality. you get to do what you want and it's YOUR work. not your client's, not your company's, yours. that should speak to your NPness.

psychotherapy and law could also be very high stress. just the clients could be a complete nightmare, even if you do like people. teaching sounds like a much better environment. it's all positive, whereas people always have problems in law and psychotherapy.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
My good friend, Edahn,

I don't know you. We've never met. If I walked past you on an empty street, we wouldn't share but a cordial glimpse between strangers. Heavy eyes above an anxious pace.

What I see is a manifest of your ideal self. An internet proxy.

To that end, I can offer you this:

Your mind is rare. It simmers with genuine warmth, a will to understand and an urgency to heal. Your presence lies within your heart, Edahn. Humor simply buffers this into a pretty package for everyone to enjoy. The real Edahn is what catalyzes the humor; what gives it it's emotional glow.

Humanity's greatest gift to itself is love. Endeavor, then, to be a complete expression of love. Be unconditional in your humor. Find a way to protect others with it. Use it to cement your confidence.

You have a lot to offer this world. Don't allow what you do for a living control this.

Your good friend,
Aaron

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Have you considered public interest law, though?

Yeah. I did it in law school. It's a serious option.

I don't know what a human ethologist even is.

Professional people-watcher.

You already have the degree for becoming an attorney?
:yes::yes:

Psychotherapist: Your face makes me want to tell you things.

Yeah, but it's kinda taboo to use dirty-talk with your therapist.

Other: Comedian. As in, one man show in a dark little place, muttering dry one-liners.

Great idea.

Aaron, thanks man.