User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    ISFJ

Maybe it's because I'm a F but to me the socially accepted element of "success" that interests me is simply the family aspect. If I can have a family and follow my passions I'm in heaven.

Mucho money or mucho status don't appeal to me really. I really mean that. I just want to be in a position where every day is a happy day. Where I enjoy going to work everyday (that is very important to me, to have a job I LIKE even if it's not that well payed) and where I can be happy when I come home (family drama/problems) not withstanding) knowing I've left my mark on this world (offspring) and have someone who I can love and that loves me back.

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    Well, generally, innovators can forsee a trend in the furture and wish to speed up the process. Therefore they develop an innovation to shorten the gap between now and the future. Energy and material science is going to be a major thing between now and the future. Light weight materials, energy storage, enerfgy transfer etc....but these things require tremendous amount of capital and knowledge.

the economy itself is far freom efficient. If you can see ways to increase economic ouput or develop new resources that can help mankind go further, the potential will be limitless.
    I "see" so much "unactualized potential" it hurts.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Awesome question!

I think following one's heart is important- b/c then, we're truly living out what we're meant to do in life. That's what nurtures us.

Prior to finishing up with a B.A., I landed my dream job at a local J.C. They paid me well enough that I got myself through college on my own and had spare change, afterwards.

In fact, the job requirement they asked for usually is for someone with a B.A.

I woke up every morning, dreading work, despite the people and environment. I loved the people. I just can't handle 'office' jobs. Offices give me heebeejeebees in general. I get goosebumps when it comes to things that get so routine.

On top of that, I quit early (temporarily, remorsefully- I could've earned more money), but it just wasn't right for me.

Afterwards, waking up in the morning was like the Folger's commercials, where the lady wakes up with a bright smile!

Yes- in the end, I learned that following one's heart/passions is important. It opens doors to more opportunities we ideally would love to be surrounded by.

Passion + Dedication shows up in overall job performance/productivity = Rational sense to listen to our hearts.

(Bonus rewards- Overall, quality of life).

unactualized potential as in scientific potential?

Today, we are governed by the coporate world. everyone is fdorced to work for a company or else sleep in the streets. The freedom to pursue what we want to do is severely limited because our very survival depends on the money of other people. Given this limitation, most innovations today are driven by shoirt term profit rather than long term benefit for mankind.

I too wish that our world would one day move towards a scientiefic economy, but this seems so far off.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    unactualized potential as in scientific potential?

Today, we are governed by the coporate world. everyone is fdorced to work for a company or else sleep in the streets. The freedom to pursue what we want to do is severely limited because our very survival depends on the money of other people. Given this limitation, most innovations today are driven by shoirt term profit rather than long term benefit for mankind.

I too wish that our world would one day move towards a scientiefic economy, but this seems so far off.
    I mean potential in many different areas. But mainly in the workplace--Human potential wasted on doing tasks that machines could and should do better.

Broken software, lack of initiative in getting it fixed. Fatalism regarding methodology improvements. Underestimation of what computers can do better than humans...and yes a lot of potential in science as well.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I see a retarded beauty in living out your passions, and having to pay for it... or rather not being paid for it.

It's fitting. I think I want to live like a Dandy... shabby chic... yet completely and utterly congruent to my passions.

La boheme...
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I try to combine the two. I studied one thing coz my real passion wasn't available to me at the time, and ended up working under my 'level' coz it was a job that included what I'm passionate about. Now, I'm looking to work somewhere just to have a job for a while, while I study what I want to study and eventually, I hope to work in that field
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”