User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    On a side note, I think I finally come to terms that I will never ever be an OB/GYN, by choice that is. Hell, most guys love coochi, but my god...

No offense to the other half of the population or the great doctors that work with them. It's just one of those things you know you won't be good at. Dang... Now I feel sexist...
    What made you want to OB/GYN in the first place?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    What made you want to OB/GYN in the first place?
    To be honest, I never really wanted to be one seriously. I just had little kid, highschool sense of coolness for the thing.

Later on, I thought that it would be good to be a Family Practice physician with OB/GYN training so I can work in a rural setting. I also thought that birth would be the most beautiful thing... EFFFF NO, blood, goo, placenta, mucus and baby everywhere, yuck...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

In many countries (UK, Singapore, all of Australia before uni of Melb adopted the "Melbourne Model") Med school is something that you can do straight out of HS. The prereqs are covered in 1st year med school. I considered doing it at that point, but decided against it because 1) my parents were not supportive and thought I wouldn't be a good doctor, blah blah lawsuits 2) I wasn't going to make a 5-year commitment at age 18.

I kinda regretted it all the way through university, but if there's something I'm completely certain of, I won't apply for postgrad Med because, as you said, the QOL is crap and the pay is crappier. I'm already 22, I don't want to spend another 4-5 years in school plus housemanship, with tonnes of loans. The irony is that if I start doing a PhD next year, I will spend 2 more years in uni than I would've if I'd done medicine at age 18. Ugh. *smacks head*

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    In many countries (UK, Singapore, all of Australia before uni of Melb adopted the "Melbourne Model") Med school is something that you can do straight out of HS. The prereqs are covered in 1st year med school.
    That's what happens here, too. Still, you need to go through at least 6 years of school in order to actually become a doctor.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp