User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Help me not fail this paper because of my procrastination!!!

Please answer these two questions sometime in the next 4-6 hours (sooner, preferably) if you are in one of the following age brackets:

1. 18-29
    2. 30-44
    3. 60+

What age group are you in?

What is your idea of good citizenship?

What do you think is your responsibility to the public/others?

Thanks.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Pay your taxes, do not commit big crimes and hope that it's all you need to do for the country.
    None. The system didn't ask me if I want to go to school and the military, but I did. After getting this far, I don't feel like I owe anything. If there is a war, sure, I'll go, but that has to do with keeping my family and friends safe, not with "the public". Other than that, having some morals should be enough, and not to break too many rules.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

1. 1

2. Citizenship, hmm, like in the literal sense, like how am I a good citizen?

3. To not be an asshole, to be kind, to help out, to one day teach i.e., give back, to inform, to be a role model (in certain respects ), to intervene if I see something fucked up or shady happen.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Please answer these two questions sometime in the next 4-6 hours (sooner, preferably) if you are in one of the following age brackets:

1. 18-29
    2. 30-44
    3. 60+

Thanks.

Broad concept. In short, "good" citizenship is exercising unique privileges offered by your particular government. Whether performed by participating in the electoral/legislative process; volunteering; taking the time to educate yourself on the historical framework that gave rise to your system of government; or just simply defending the rights of others to exercise their right to citizenship, I think there are myriad ways to fundamentally be a "good" citizen.

My responsibility is to advance the quality of life for others. In practice, this is taking the time to hold accountable elements within my government to ethical standards that protect the rights of the citizen as the most important particle. Fundamental to this concept is my belief that a nation exists to advance - not serve - the individual.

A cooperation in effort towards a future that provides dignity for everyone - not just those within geopolitical lines of national distinction - is my ultimate aim.

MBTI
    INFJ

I am in the 18-29 age group.

My idea of good citizenship is to obey all authority (that does not go against God's laws) as legitiamate authoity, and to provide some kind of volunteer service for the community.

My responsibility to others is to treat them with respect and dignity, and to some degree make charitable donation to those less fortunate.

MBTI
    INXP

1. 18-29
    2. 30-44
    3. 60+

Thanks.
    Heh.. any reason why you didn't want the 45-59 year olds?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Heh.. any reason why you didn't want the 45-59 year olds?
    I already have some and I need some from each group. Thanks for the input so far, everyone.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office

MBTI
    INTJ

I could probably do without the 60+ if I have to, but I need at least 1 or 2 30-45s.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

1. 18-29
    2. 30-44
    3. 60+

Thanks.
    1. Group 1
    2. Pouring the energy and resources you have access to into yourself so that you can be the most competent member of your community--and then pour all that you can back into your community without taking away parts of yourself.
    3. I think no one lives in a vacuum--I think we're all happier when we're doing something to help others, and though we need to be kind to ourselves and maintain self-respect by attending to our needs, when we are others-focused we are most productive and soulfully happy. I can fight a lot harder for someone else than I can for myself. This also increases my self-image, which strengthens my ability to fight harder for others.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I could lie about my age if you'd like? XD

What age group are you in? 1

What is your idea of good citizenship? Foremost is attempting to constantly be self-reliant, Paying your taxes, voting, researching what you're voting for before you do, obeying the law to the best of your ability, paying for it properly when you don't, and holding some sort of position that helps your society (volunteering, working, going to school, etc.) .. That's all I can think of for now.

What do you think is your responsibility to the public/others? Other than the above? Keeping a standard of living and hygiene, being respectful (to a degree) to your neighbors.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge