• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Free agent: Sell me on your region of the United States.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will be changing jobs/locations next summer and I am up for an adventure. I am looking for areas outside of small town/city locations with lots of natural beauty, wilderness, and minimal big city issues (crowding, traffic, high cost of living). Looking for ideas from locals as google earth and city-data can only tell me so much.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In Ohio, Hell is real, and you can pass this billboard every day. That's why you should move here.

kVAOJyR.jpg

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pennsylvania: We're what you pass through on your way to New York or DC.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pennsylvania: We're what you pass through on your way to New York or DC.
Why would I ever want to go to New York (city) or DC?
Pennsylvania is pretty though.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you come to Baltimore, a.k.a. "Charm City," don't expect the bathrooms at Mickey D's to just be unlocked for patrons to go in and out as they please. Oh, no my friend. You must specifically go up to an employee and request that they unlock the bathroom, and you have five minutes in there before "time's up," lest you be found taking a heroin nap in the stall. Inner city scene not for you? Not to worry- in the suburbs, there's none of that sort of riffraff! Instead, you will be treated to the sight of moms with their Ralph Lauren-clad offspring in the local Pizza Hut nodding off, from just having shot up in the minivan ten mins. earlier.

There are many fine businesses, landmarks, and cultural institutions anywhere you go in Maryland. As you go about your business, savor the hospitality of the locals as they attempt to solicit you outside the bank.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will be changing jobs/locations next summer and I am up for an adventure. I am looking for areas outside of small town/city locations with lots of natural beauty, wilderness, and minimal big city issues (crowding, traffic, high cost of living). Looking for ideas from locals as google earth and city-data can only tell me so much.
Not a fan of where I live now, so I will point you toward where I grew up: New England. The Boston area is very crowded, but go north into Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine, and you will see what you are looking for. I miss that part of the country every day I am away, and there have been far too many of those.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not a fan of where I live now, so I will point you toward where I grew up: New England. The Boston area is very crowded, but go north into Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine, and you will see what you are looking for. I miss that part of the country every day I am away, and there have been far too many of those.
I have spent some wonderful times in VT, NH, and ME and loved it. That area has so much natural beauty. I agree about Boston and the busier areas (definitely not for me).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
clarksville: there's a good mix of people here and only 130,000 population,lot of variety food wise for the population size. Lots of hiking and outdoorsy stuff (if you're into that) 45 minutes from nashville

memphis: half the town is drunk at any given time.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
We have plenty of water to go around.

Well,if you're in Flint it's poisonous, but other than that...

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Welcome to Idaho!

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Welcome to Idaho!
It is on my short list! Feel free to pm me with specifics about your star if you like. I am actively researching and weighing pros/cons of each possibility.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oklahoma has a low cost of living and a relatively low amount of pollution. There are only two real cities, and even they are smaller than others. Lots of hunting if you're into that. There's a cool lake I've never been to somewhere here. Nothing to do really unless you like nature. Very spacious. There are some rednecks, but you'll learn to deal with them.

I don't live here anymore, but I don't know much about where I'm currently at lol.

á´…eparted

passages
Oregon. Specifically the Willamette Valley. I live in Portland which is a big city so I don't think you'll want to go there. The valley though has many small cities and towns. The area is surrounded by pristine wilderness, the Pacific ocean is only an hour or two away, and the political attitude is liberal and tolerant.

I really can't imagine living in any other state at this point. I love the Pacific northwest.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I've a friend in Maine who would definitely second that.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oregon. Specifically the Willamette Valley. I live in Portland which is a big city so I don't think you'll want to go there. The valley though has many small cities and towns. The area is surrounded by pristine wilderness, the Pacific ocean is only an hour or two away, and the political attitude is liberal and tolerant.

I really can't imagine living in any other state at this point. I love the Pacific northwest.

Shhhhhhh. There are already too damn many people moving here! Don't listen to Hard, Oregon is terrible. It rains a lot and rent keeps going up. And there's going to be a giant earthquake soon where we all fall into the ocean anyway. Try Wyoming, I've heard they have lots of space.

Last edited:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've a friend in Maine who would definitely second that.
I would like eventually to retire in Maine, but I'm not sure my INTP is that enthused about it.

Atomic Fiend

My state is projected to be under the sea in the next couple of decades. So this is an excellent time to pick some beachfront property...

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
We have some of the cheapest land in a,large city in the US. We have a beautiful 3 mile wide river, downtown waterfront and oceanfront access. We are a burgeoning financial hub with access to the I-10 westward corridor and I-95. We have two naval bases and a port we're dredging not too mention a natural gas pipeline. We have an NFL team and are almost never badly hit by hurricanes.

Tired of trying to afford liberal enclaves, come to Jax and enjoy American living the way it was supposed to be enjoyed.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
We also have gun rights, medical marijuana and one of the hippest neighborhoods in the nation, Riverside (where I live).

srg_silver-st.jpg

memorialpark_kg3a2485_copy__flexslider.jpg

ketterman_150521_5017__flexslider.jpg