• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What careers and majors are best for an INFP, autistic male with high intelligence?

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I have an IQ of 132 back when I tested it after I graduated high school on the mensa website, (Im in my first year of college now, although I hear those tests are culturally biased, Im white, but Muslim), and I have strong analytical abilities, a strong penchant for the social sciences, excellent ability of understanding how people and systems and social functions operate, great research abilities, and a love of children (although majoring in a field related to children may not be such a great idea at the moment because back when I was younger I went through an adolescent phase, and now that im autistic and lonely and relate to kids better, my mother (probably falsely) accuses me of being a pedophile, and is getting an evaluation done on me which costs 5,000 dollars, against my will, with 7 hours per day for 2 day of tests.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have an IQ of 132 back when I tested it after I graduated high school on the mensa website, (Im in my first year of college now, although I hear those tests are culturally biased, Im white, but Muslim), and I have strong analytical abilities, a strong penchant for the social sciences, excellent ability of understanding how people and systems and social functions operate, great research abilities, and a love of children (although majoring in a field related to children may not be such a great idea at the moment because back when I was younger I went through an adolescent phase, and now that im autistic and lonely and relate to kids better, my mother (probably falsely) accuses me of being a pedophile, and is getting an evaluation done on me which costs 5,000 dollars, against my will, with 7 hours per day for 2 day of tests.

Major in English literature, with an emphasis on Lewis Carroll, and upon graduation you can seek employment as a sales associate in Macy's women's underwear department

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't use your type to determine your career. Do something you love instead.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you may regret other people telling you what to do. You may worry about whether you are actually being authentic, or are just doing what you're told.

I would think about want to actually learn about, and see if you would be suited for a few of the careers associated with that major. Practicality is important, but so is being interested in the subject. If you don't want to actually learn about it you won't do well.