User Tag List

12 Last

Enneagram
    8w9

Default I think I'm gonna be ok

I like making my show, more than I like getting high.

I feel like I can finally try, I mean really try at something. I've hated every job I've ever had, and knew my skills were being wasted.

I feel like I don't have to worry about winding up doing something I hate forever.

I feel like I could become happy enough doing this that I don't have to be depressed and get fucked up all the time.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I wish you all the best then!
    EII - Fi - INFj
    9w8(963, The Mediator)
    sx/so
    SLOEI

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post

I feel like I can finally try, I mean really try at something. I've hated every job I've ever had, and knew my skills were being wasted.

I feel like I don't have to worry about winding up doing something I hate forever.

I feel like I could become happy enough doing this that I don't have to be depressed and get fucked up all the time.
    Go for it!

When it comes to this, if a human being has found something that (even if temporarily) reduces the suffering of our own egos/existence or our fabricated wants/needs I can do nothing but urge.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes capslock liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Can you support yourself doing it?

Though I mostly disagree with you I still wish you well, and am always glad to see someone land in a vocation/avocation where they can find real fulfillment.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Can you support yourself doing it? Though I mostly disagree with you I still wish you well, and am always glad to see someone land in a vocation/avocation where they can find real fulfillment.
    I come from a background of what I don't have to worry about that too much I hope that doesn't sound supershitty.

- - - Updated - - -

I am part owner of the family business

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I come from a background of what I don't have to worry about that too much I hope that doesn't sound supershitty.

- - - Updated - - -

You are lucky then. (So am I, in different ways.) No shame in that as long as you make the most of it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Enneagram
    8w9

I hated myself for not being able to be what everyone else wanted me to be. I spent a decade loathing myself in a way that can only be described as catastrophic
    Likes Red Ribbon liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Good for you. Living the dream right there.

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ

I hated myself for not being able to be what everyone else wanted me to be. I spent a decade loathing myself in a way that can only be described as catastrophic
    Why would the opinion of everyone else matter? Be whatever YOU want to be. You have the obligation to respect yourself in order for others to respect you. I don't care about what you want to achieve, you will achieve it if you stand up for yourself and never feel guilty about it.

You feel that you let down the others who love you for not meeting their expectations, the pain roaming inside your chest when you feel them judging you is eating you from the inside out, you feel that it's your duty to put your desires aside because you would seem egotistical. That is very commendable and thoughtful of you, but you're neglecting yourself. You are the most important element in all of this.

Reach out to yourself and exact your own desires.
    Most people make decisions based on feelings. Hopefully what you will feel doing this will serve you to choose the fulfillment of your own goals.

Either way, all the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be ashamed of your good fortune, use it to further your personal goals. Everyone is lucky in some way, to varying extents. Some less so than others, but it's how we take advantage of any opportunities that arise from our circumstances that is important.
    Likes Dreamer liked this post